Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother (13924 Views)

How Can I Treat The Disease Affecting My Goat / Help..how Do I Treat Catfish With Swollen Belle / Raising Broilers; My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by Stoglins12(m): 5:01pm On Oct 31, 2021
Good afternoon and happy sunday nairalanders, please my broilers have been sick for the past few days, I contacted the man that I bought them from, who also serve as a vet. doctor. He vaccinated them 2 days ago and assured me that they would be okay, I didn't doubt him because he was the one that vaccinated the ones that I raised last year and they were okay.
But my fear now is that since the past few days (Friday to be precise) that they've been vaccinated, there seems to be no improvement, infact they are getting worst.
Please house, what else do you think i should do? Thanks.

This needs urgent front page attention pleeaasseee.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by dominique(f): 5:59pm On Oct 31, 2021
Are you sure that person is a certified vet? A lot of Nigerians decorate themselves with titles they don't have proper training or certification for. Why not turn on your Google maps and search for vets around your location?

@SeunH can you help out here pls?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by xpressionx(m): 6:15pm On Oct 31, 2021
sorry man. The man could be a quack

1 Like

Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by Jestin: 6:17pm On Oct 31, 2021
Kill them chop ASAP

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by IKBARUTEN11(m): 6:17pm On Oct 31, 2021
I don't know if it still works

In 2009, when I expressed the same issue, I was advised to add marijuana to the fouls' drinking water. This increased the intake of feed but it worked

You can try it

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by NaijaOlosho(f): 6:17pm On Oct 31, 2021
grin
Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by Soousou(m): 6:17pm On Oct 31, 2021
This was caused due to lack of proper vaccination

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by Daddycoded: 6:17pm On Oct 31, 2021
Is the environment they are condusive

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by Ojikutumomiage(m): 6:18pm On Oct 31, 2021
infact they are getting worst.

Op kill am chop

1 Like

Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by CountVersailles(f): 6:18pm On Oct 31, 2021
Kill them off or feed to dogs. Always a good option grin
Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by Kicktaker(m): 6:18pm On Oct 31, 2021
First, u need to share the Age of the birds, the colour and pictures of what their droppings looks like
And also the kinda of drugs and vaccine that was administered already

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by adisabarber(m): 6:18pm On Oct 31, 2021
Stoglins12:
Good afternoon and happy sunday nairalanders, please my broilers have been sick for the past few days, I contacted the man that I bought them from, who also serve as a vet. doctor. He vaccinated them 2 days ago and assured me that they would be okay, I didn't doubt him because he was the one that vaccinated the ones that I raised last year and they were okay.
But my fear now is that since the past few days (Friday to be precise) that they've been vaccinated, there seems to be no improvement, infact they are getting worst.

Symptoms?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by Chieffoo007: 6:19pm On Oct 31, 2021
Try to get goboro vaccine

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by Akwamkpuruamu: 6:19pm On Oct 31, 2021
No one vaccinate a sick bird, it's unethical.

You should have first treated your birds before vaccinating them.

Now just go to a vet shop, with your bird either dead or alive and explain the symptoms you see, they will give you some good medications.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by smile4kenn(m): 6:19pm On Oct 31, 2021
chai.

You should probably sell them before they get worse.

https://gist.am/question/how-do-i-treat-my-sick-chicken-broilers
Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by AlexBells(m): 6:20pm On Oct 31, 2021
What symptoms are they showing not, all sicknesses needs vaccine besides how do you vaccinate them when they are already sick.

It might be a little late already, though some would still get the immune booster from the vaccine but vaccines needs time to work so you need to complement it with some more drugs

Next time disinfect your farms becuase some bacterial are left off from last time and also vaccinate on time, and if they already started symtoms do give them supportive drugs until the vaccine could be effective

Broiler business is not for the faint of heart, sometimes you would do everything, yet they die like chicken, now you get that statement, not funny though

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by Lusola15: 6:20pm On Oct 31, 2021
Pictures of the sick birds would go a long way
Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by gegeor(m): 6:20pm On Oct 31, 2021

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by jimmyolasun: 6:20pm On Oct 31, 2021
Have you run a widal test on them? Could be covid, naa how e dey do be that
Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by temitope27(m): 6:20pm On Oct 31, 2021
Just kill it and throw away
Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by saddler: 6:20pm On Oct 31, 2021
lipsrsealed

Chicken peppersoup with palmwine
Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by Bash92(m): 6:20pm On Oct 31, 2021
I doubt the man is a certified vet, one of the most important things to note in poultry is not to vaccinate a sick bird.

What symptoms are they showing, also how do there poops look like?

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by Whois(m): 6:21pm On Oct 31, 2021
Upload thier picture and what's the color of their shit? It's needed for proper diagnosis grin
Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by Mayorsky07(m): 6:21pm On Oct 31, 2021
What’s the nature of the sickness

1 Like

Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by TechNana(f): 6:21pm On Oct 31, 2021
By sick you mean?

Nature of illness?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by BegAt40: 6:22pm On Oct 31, 2021
I'd advice you if it's about baboons... Because I'm used to dealing with Nigerian girls. cool
Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by Sasuke007: 6:22pm On Oct 31, 2021
Stoglins12:

Call legit vets
or you can call vets
what's your location maybe I can help
Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by Bayaar02(m): 6:23pm On Oct 31, 2021
Isolate the sick ones with visible signs of sickness first...
Cc me the symptoms
Re: How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother by sckulboy: 6:23pm On Oct 31, 2021
You should have first treated your birds before vaccinating them.

Now just go to a vet shop, with your bird either dead or alive and explain the symptoms you see, they will give you some good medications.

bros,that is how I treat my fowl

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Have You Heard About New Hope Feeds? / Fruits And Vegetable Agribusiness Trainning / Joint Youth Mechanized Farming In Oyo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.