Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope (26665 Views)

Catholic Bishop Reacts To Patrick Edet's Resignation: "The Pope Must Hear This" / Catholics And Traditional Rulers Battle Over NYSC Camp In Imo (Photos) / Okorocha Tells Priests & Laity In Ahiara Diocese To Obey The Pope’s Directive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by brightersms(m): 7:56am On Jul 01, 2017
Ok
Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by admindim: 7:56am On Jul 01, 2017
nawa una no get respect for pope

4 Likes

Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 01, 2017
grin
Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by maverickdude(m): 7:57am On Jul 01, 2017
Abeg, its too long. I stopped reading halfway angry

1 Like

Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by dasauce(m): 7:58am On Jul 01, 2017
Why is it that this people can do without the word (Indigenous) ?

1 Like

Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by SignOnHost: 7:59am On Jul 01, 2017
To long a letter.

2 Likes

Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by Benekruku(m): 8:00am On Jul 01, 2017
grin grin grin

Money is the root of all evil!

A juicy post!

1 Like

Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by Emmahunk(m): 8:01am On Jul 01, 2017
Summarily, they are refusing Bishop Okpaleke because he is an Igbo from Anambra State and not an Igbo from Imo State, and speak a different ddialect. of Igbo language.
Tufiakwa and we are talking of Marginalization when we even marginalize ourselves.
May thunder fire anyone that will come to tell me of Biafra. Besides Ojukwu, I am yet to find an Igbo man who truly has the interest of the Igbos at heart..
Biafra my foot.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by kayzat: 8:01am On Jul 01, 2017
Discrimination among people of same ethnicity !!!

One Biafra

5 Likes

Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by laeffizy(f): 8:01am On Jul 01, 2017
All the protesting priests should be sacked. Their interest isn't bigger than the church. They should go ahead and open their own churches so they can decide who they want to ordain as bishop.

7 Likes

Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by mvem(m): 8:03am On Jul 01, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I am working on a controversial thesis that will be syndicated by some global newspapers in which I will highlight the similarities between Catholics and Muslims.

Let me just name a few here

-Both dress alike;
The priests' cassock and the mallam's jellabia, the reverend sister's veil and the female Muslim's hijab.

-Both pray with a chaplet:

-Both intermittently squat/kneel/bow during prayers.

-Both are fanatical : it's almost impossible to convince them to drop their doctrine and reconsider yours. They go all lengths to defend their beliefs.

-Both have a lenghty fast at a specific period
:

The Catholics have the Lenten period where they fast for 40-46 days and are supposedly holy till after the fast when they return to status quo; same as the Muslims who fast for 30days in the month of Ramadan and just like the Catholics observe a hypocritical abstenance from iniquity and some type of meat.

Both get very irate and potentially dangerous if you question the tenets of their doctrine.

a very religious sect defend der doctrine...go and convince a jehovah witness or anoda denomination.Muslim and catholic have slightly similar ways because they are orthodox and very old and hv followed tradition of the early religious fathers thousands of years ago...why penrecostals are more in a way reformed or modernized and tend to follow new ways....all still remain what they are...just view d way jews worship and pray with their clothing and incense and all that, is not too different from the catholics and the eastern orthodox church(coptics, ethiopian orthodox, greek orthodox etc)

5 Likes

Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by Abfinest007(m): 8:03am On Jul 01, 2017
crisis everywhere they say d Church is d house of God why is there disorder in the house of God
Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by SycophanticGoat: 8:04am On Jul 01, 2017
Mynd44:
*chuckles*

Human beings and their petty silliness.

Well, this is a test of strenght of the Pope. The Devil is trying to test you and he is using none other than your own priests; what will you do?

I can imagine the Pope is the Managing Director of a multinational corporation and the directors of a particular country are turning down a National MD that was sent there. Na to hand out sack letters like chin chin

First time you ever made a comment with thorough reasoning and without bias. God is really wonderful! Mynd44 is now a born again Christian.. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by obuneme: 8:08am On Jul 01, 2017
This guy kanemp is a scam and he should be banned from nairaland. He claims he sells data at a cheap rates. But he is a big time criminal. And to you kanemp you will never have a rest of mind and your heart will always be troubled until you repent. Watch out

3 Likes

Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by SycophanticGoat: 8:11am On Jul 01, 2017
sinaj:
This is really embarrassing sad

I swear! and we were planning to wed in Catholic.. sad
Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by Buking1: 8:12am On Jul 01, 2017
Ha
Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by AlphaDibia(m): 8:14am On Jul 01, 2017
Who says religion is not tradition sef? Sha.. lemml

yoruBADboi:
What ms e jyb (he purpose of church sef

Unknowingly religion has done more harm than good

All this freaking football mind will be like he is crazy but they are the slave

All am saying is tradition is better than religion
It s a fakeass shit
Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by Pasidon(m): 8:15am On Jul 01, 2017
To say that I am disappointed is an understatement..

2 Likes

Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by zicoraads: 8:19am On Jul 01, 2017
Apparently, this guy needs a lesson on paragraphs undecided

I thought the Catholic Church was above reproach?

Cc:cocoberry tongue
Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by kitaatita: 8:21am On Jul 01, 2017
"And again, how does being a bishop make one a better Catholic, and a better Christian? “Whether the bishop is your elder brother or another person, provided that the person really leads you to do the will of God. The Catholic Church has never pretended to be a democracy. By the way, it is ridiculous that while we are fighting about our right to determine who becomes our bishop, we can’t even speak out when councillors and local government chairmen, senators and members of the house of assembly and governors are imposed on us by a few people"

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by ezeegolimited30(m): 8:22am On Jul 01, 2017
i wonder what the country called Biafra will look like when it arrives,south Sudan will be learners as of what the world will witness in that country.

3 Likes

Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by cocoberry(f): 8:23am On Jul 01, 2017
Missed my e-Lover sooo plenty

zicoraads:
Apparently, this guy needs a lesson on paragraphs undecided

I thought the Catholic Church was above reproach?

Cc:cocoberry tongue
Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 01, 2017

NwaAmaikpe :
I am working on a controversial thesis that will be syndicated by some global
newspapers in which I will highlight the similarities between Catholics and
Muslims.
Let me just name a few here
-Both dress alike ;
The priests' cassock and the mallam's jellabia, the reverend sister's veil and
the female Muslim's hijab.
-Both pray with a chaplet:
-Both intermittently squat/kneel/bow during prayers.
-Both are fanatical : it's almost impossible to convince them to drop their
doctrine and reconsider yours. They go all lengths to defend their beliefs.
-Both have a lenghty fast at a specific period :
The Catholics have the Lenten period where they fast for 40-46 days and are
supposedly holy till after the fast when they return to status quo; same as the
Muslims who fast for 30days in the month of Ramadan and just like the
Catholics observe a hypocritical abstenance from iniquity and some type of
meat.
Both get very irate and potentially dangerous if you question the tenets of their
doctrine.

+1
Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by Myself2(m): 8:24am On Jul 01, 2017
The OP that pasted this long epistle on FP should be flogged.....
WTF you expect me to read this loooooooooooong thing this morning

1 Like

Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by kjhova(m): 8:24am On Jul 01, 2017
This case has gone on for 4years and now even after representation before the pope, it appears that the Mbaise priests and laity are still yet to sheath their swords!

Very sad case for religion, Nigerian unity and the Biafran cause.

Why are humans so forever petty?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by engrchykae(m): 8:25am On Jul 01, 2017
these catholics are busy fooling themselves when the southeast is gradually moving away to judaism.from the onset i knew that both catholic and pentecostals are never the way to God but mind control agents and exploiters
Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by Emmydot90(m): 8:25am On Jul 01, 2017
This post is damn long
Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by paulmarkino: 8:33am On Jul 01, 2017
This is long and comprehensive. Imo people tire me

2 Likes

Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by fergie001: 8:35am On Jul 01, 2017
Roma locuta causa finisa est
Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by TonySpike: 8:37am On Jul 01, 2017
Religious Xenophobia in the East. ..This is as far as it gets!

3 Likes

Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by zicoraads: 8:42am On Jul 01, 2017
cocoberry:

Missed my e-Lover sooo plenty

Hehehee #Wash tongue

You that didn't even remember I had a birthday...
Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by manchester1: 8:43am On Jul 01, 2017
will comment when i finish reading it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pst. Kingsley Dismissed Claims That Jesus Is Against Divorced Persons Remarrying / Police Detain House On The Rock's Pastor Uche Aigbe For Preaching With AK-47 / "How Mad Is Your Madness?" Church Poster In Jos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.