Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,681 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope (26688 Views)

Catholic Bishop Reacts To Patrick Edet's Resignation: "The Pope Must Hear This" / Catholics And Traditional Rulers Battle Over NYSC Camp In Imo (Photos) / Okorocha Tells Priests & Laity In Ahiara Diocese To Obey The Pope’s Directive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by kellyJames5(m): 6:14pm On Jul 01, 2017
He doesn't speak your dialect, give him time, he will learn it.
And as a bishop, his office demands that he speaks English, priests under him can take care of the dialect part...
In Anglican denomination, an Igbo priest can be a bishop in Yoruba land e.g,An Idoma man is the Bishop of Lafia diocese...

1 Like

Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by Chynwe(f): 10:54pm On Jul 01, 2017
From what I understand,mbaise priests are willing to except any oda priest from any oda region but not an Awka man cos Awka diocese alone is heading 6 dioceses.
eyinjuege:
Its really unfortunate the way they are handling this.

I wonder what would have happened if they brought in a Tiv Bishop..

People seem to forget humility is a virtue.

I doubt if these people really know anything about their religion. They've chosen to be all about self.

Shame really.
Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by eyinjuege: 11:14pm On Jul 01, 2017
Chynwe:
From what I understand,mbaise priests are willing to except any oda priest from any oda region but not an Awka man cos Awka diocese alone is heading 6 dioceses.

Hmmm...

It's still quite shameful though, coming from priests, and not just lay men in the church.

There's a certain behaviour expected of priests. Definitely not one leading a rebellion against the Pope/ the Vatican, as it seems to look like that now.
It's not a matter of not wanting an Awka man anymore, especially when the Pope has waded in. There are times you allow peace to reign , not because you're stupid but you're looking at the bigger picture. The effect of this defiance on the Catholic church worldwide, the office of the Pope etc.
I pray for peace amongst them sha. Life is not always as difficult as we make it to be.

1 Like

Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by orunto27: 12:01am On Jul 02, 2017
Lord Lugard described The Igbos as being religious in deference to any authority and dangerously untrustworthy.

1 Like

Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by calliope(f): 12:05am On Jul 02, 2017
Emmahunk:
Summarily, they are refusing Bishop Okpaleke because he is an Igbo from Anambra State and not an Igbo from Imo State, and speak a different ddialect. of Igbo language.
Tufiakwa and we are talking of Marginalization when we even marginalize ourselves.
May thunder fire anyone that will come to tell me of Biafra. Besides Ojukwu, I am yet to find an Igbo man who truly has the interest of the Igbos at heart..
Biafra my foot.
Typical.. Isn't it baffling? When I tell people IBO are their own enemy.. They call me a separatist. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by sunsewa16: 8:34am On Jul 02, 2017
that's one of the reasons am anti biafra,the devil u know is better than Angel u don't know.
Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by EagleNest(m): 8:47am On Jul 02, 2017
Ahiara diocese fall hand big time. Since when did congregants chose their priests in catholic church? I thought Jesus taught us to love our neighbours as ourselves. So why the dichotomy of tribe in choosing and accepting priests in the church. I still don't understand

1 Like

Re: Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope by zurielsam(m): 4:02pm On Jul 04, 2017
bizzibodi:

so catholics now hav d effontry to challenge,defile dia infallible pope(god) that pope was mislead!what d fpuck happen to doctrine of papal infallibility?pope shld denied them purgatry,d afterlife.

idiot why you quote everthing on top say you no get better thing to say

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Jesus Delivered Me From Wet Dreams. : The Aftermath Of Masturbating : Part:1 / Police Detain House On The Rock's Pastor Uche Aigbe For Preaching With AK-47 / A Nairalander's Vision Of Heaven.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.