Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Number 225 Katakata Street - Literature (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Number 225 Katakata Street (1320678 Views)

[MUST READ] Welcome To Lagos: Danfo Palavas (very Funny) / Welcome To The US. / Welcome To My Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by habymi: 11:46pm On Oct 24, 2018
Tnkx Man...more update pls
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by ayamalexander77(m): 5:48am On Oct 25, 2018
Centino hwfa?? Na wer u keep Maya la?

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by beautygboel(f): 6:44pm On Oct 25, 2018
Centino:

Na true o. Instant front page grin

But you know Agbonyibo will not tell them everything he does wink

I believe you grin

Oshe baddest

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by KpagoGIN(m): 7:18pm On Oct 25, 2018
Hunchback of katakata street......... Nice one, never saw that coming compound turning into one of extra ordinary men.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by MichaelBlake40: 10:14am On Oct 26, 2018
Centino Centino

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Youngzubi(m): 7:48pm On Oct 26, 2018
Nice one bro

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Fazemood(m): 9:59pm On Oct 26, 2018
Yes finally I got to meet up with you guys. Men, I must say that this is my best story online now. You are amazing centino and intelligent. Your words have really spoken into my life, every quote and statement you've made here are words of a wise man. You are gifted. Keep it up bro

3 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Nobody: 1:22am On Oct 27, 2018
Guy, I started reading your thread yesterday evening and I was so hoped that I couldn't stop until I caught up.
I have to tell you you are doing great ������������������������������������������������������������������������
Keep up the good work and....
uhm
update please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Jeffman1419(m): 7:59pm On Oct 27, 2018
Sometimes i feel 2 hav mixed day but after reading ur update, i bcome cul. CENTI u ar throughly a genius. But obviously u're begining 2 live maya out of d story or did she travel 2 abuja 2 ATIKULATE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by YINKS89(m): 9:22pm On Oct 27, 2018
Jeffman1419:
Sometimes i feel 2 hav mixed day but after reading ur update, i bcome cul. CENTI u ar throughly a genius. But obviously u're begining 2 live maya out of d story or did she travel 2 abuja 2 ATIKULATE
my thought also wats up with their family nd her love life also wats up with mama akunna... centino lets address dat also

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by KolaSteven(m): 10:49pm On Oct 27, 2018
Agbon-fineboy ;DAgbon-fineboy

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Jeffman1419(m): 12:11pm On Oct 28, 2018
YINKS89:
my thought also wats up with their family nd her love life also wats up with mama akunna... centino lets address dat also
i think he needs 2 address that

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 12:49pm On Oct 28, 2018
Fazemood:
Yes finally I got to meet up with you guys. Men, I must say that this is my best story online now. You are amazing centino and intelligent. Your words have really spoken into my life, every quote and statement you've made here are words of a wise man. You are gifted. Keep it up bro

Thanks Fazemood. Great to have you here.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 12:50pm On Oct 28, 2018
agatoid:
Guy, I started reading your thread yesterday evening and I was so hoped that I couldn't stop until I caught up.
I have to tell you you are doing great ������������������������������������������������������������������������
Keep up the good work and....
uhm
update please

Wow. Nice to have you man...update ready wink

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 12:51pm On Oct 28, 2018
Jeffman1419:

Lol. Maya returns this week. Nice to have you bro.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 12:51pm On Oct 28, 2018
THE AGBONYIBOS

Word spread quickly on Katakata Street that there was a new tenant at number 225 that reared and sold dangerous animals. So on the day Agbonyibo moved in, you would have thought that there was a carnival in the compound and the whole street was invited. Firstly, Mama Cowbell sold more rice than she had done in any single day that year. Lukman gave more haircuts, Josiah made more pitches on forgotten furniture items he had for sale. Even Mama Akunna’s forgotten ogogoro customers were complete in the compound that day. That was the day they came for an explanation to why Mama Akunna took away their joy. Everyone who knew someone at Number 225 paid the person a visit that day. Compound members themselves did not want to be told how it went. Everyone wanted to see the animal man for themselves. People broke into groups and chattered away so that when a taxi pulled up and the occupant turned out to be Josephine, it was met with little interest and a few groans of disappointment.

Chisco was quick to her side much to her surprise. He reached for her bag and held her hand as she jumped the gutter into the compound. Josephine held her head high and swung her famous hips as she walked through the catcalls, and disappeared down the corridor. Chisco followed behind and handed her her bag at the foot of the stairs.

“Come upstairs Chisco.”

He hesitated.

“Please,” she added.

He took the bag from her and followed behind.

Her room was as she last remembered. There was a hint of dust and stuffiness so she opened the window but left the door shut. Chisco was watching her. She then faced him and said “Thank you for that night Chisco.”

“No problem nurse.”

“Can I see your eye?”

Chisco hesitated then he removed his sunshade. Josephine went closer to him and touched his wounded eye. Chisco stood stiff as a statue and then felt his chest constrict when Josephine embraced him and held him tight.

“Thank you” she said again.

“Erm, no problem, nurse.”

“I’m sorry about your eye.”

“Issokay, nurse. The wound don almost go. I dey see small small.”

She pulled away, went over to her bag, brought out a tshirt and a packet of boxers, and handed them to Chisco.

“Thank you nurse.”

“I like you Chisco. If you ever need anything, I mean anything, don’t hesitate to ask me.”

“Okay nurse.”

“Do you know why there are so many people outside today?”

“Yes, nurse. We dey get new tenant. Dem say de man dey sell snake. Everybody come to see him.”

“Snake?”

“Yes nurse.”

“Is that possible?”

“Na so dem say.”

“Alright. We will see how that goes.”

“Nurse make I help you to sweep this room. Give me broom.”

“Don’t worry Chisco, I will do it.”

But Chisco already guessed that a broom would be behind the cupboard and reached for it. Josephine knew she would not stop him, so she stood to one side and watched him work. He was a strong boy in body and mind. She fought an urge to give him another hug.

Ndifreke’s phone beeped and he looked. Whatsapp message from Maya. “I’m coming to your room.” Ndifreke stole away and no one even noticed. He opened the door and let her in. They rushed into each other’s arms. It was the kind of hug that led to other things. Maya stopped him before he got too excited.

“So you too want to be there to welcome the animal man.”

“What can I do? It’s actually fun out there.”

“Alhaji Sirika is making a big mistake.”

“It is his house. Nothing we can do.”

“Is it true he has seventeen different types of reptiles?”

“What will people not say?”

“Is it true?”

“No one knows what is true until we see it. What I understand is that the man rears dogs basically. Then from time to time, other kinds of animals become available and he trades in them. He looks a careful man who knows what he is doing and is respectful. It is normal for people to exaggerate.”

“Well, stay away from him I beg you.”

“I will, you too do the same.”

Maya shifted slightly on the edge of the bed where they sat and began to twirl the edge of her skirt. Ndifreke recognized that as a sign of uneasiness.

“What is it Maya?”

She turned to him and took both his hands in hers.

“You are making me worried Maya.”

“Do you love me Ndi?”

“Of course I do Maya.”

“Do you wish the best for me?”

“What is the meaning of this Maya.”

“Answer my question please, Ndi.”

“I wish the world and more for you Maya.”

“Then promise me you will not be angry or disappointed or uneasy with what I am about to tell you.”

“How can I promise you that Maya?”

“Just promise me.”

“The last time you spoke like this you were going to get married.”

“I am not getting married. It is something good.”

“Tell me what it is.”

“Promise me first.”

“I am not enjoying this Maya.”

“Promise.”

“If you are sounding like this, then it means it is something I should be worried about. I’m sorry but I cannot promise anything until I hear what it is about.”

“You know that cousin of my mother’s who lives in Surulere?”

“The one that works in entertainment?”

“Yes. He is a modeling agent.”

“Yes? What about him?”

“I am moving in with him.”

Ndifreke rose like a launched missile. Maya stood too.

“He has modeling jobs for me. He also said he will get me into music videos as a vixen.”

“Over my dead body.”

“Haa! Ndi!”

“Video vixen? Dancing half naked? Doing what Tiwa was doing to Wizkid the other day to those promiscuous Indian hemp smokers? Are you out of your mind?”

“Calm down Ndi. I won’t do that.”

“Have you watched any music video lately? Have you seen any that they wear clothes? Have you seen any that they are not putting their asses all over the men and in the camera?”

“Alright, I won't do that. I will do only modeling.”

“What will you be modeling?”

“I don’t know Ndi. I will take whatever comes up.”

“Whatever comes up you say?”

“Whatever comes up that I can do.”

“They will make you do anything they want Maya.”

“I will do only what I want to do Ndi.”

“Why Maya. Why?”

“Ndi, I am left with no choice. My mother cannot put me in school. The cake and confectionery I went to learn, I cannot practice. No money to start anything.”

“I have started something and I have money for both of us.”

“You don’t make enough yet Ndi. You need to save. You need a place of your own. I cannot come and burden you as well.”

“You are not a burden. I will take care of you.”

“I know Ndi. But let me go and work too. If I earn, you earn, together we will get the life of our dreams.”

“That is not work Maya. They will turn you into a prostitute.”

“Don’t say that Ndi.”

“Why do they want you to go and live there with them? Is it not this same Lagos?”

“Mummy thinks I need a change of scene after the pregnancy and everything.”

“Your mother wants you to move away from me.”

“Stop Ndi.”

“I am not stopping Maya.”

She pushed him to one side and made for the door. Ndifreke grabbed her elbow and forced her into an embrace. She struggled and pounded his chest with weak fists and then collapsed into him and began to sob.

“I’m sorry Maya. I’m sorry honey. I just don’t feel good about this. I don’t want to lose you.”

“You are not losing me. I am poor and miserable. There is hope for me out there. If you love me you will let me go.”

“Okay Maya I will but can I ask for something?”

“What?”

“Go from here Maya. It is not a nine to five job. If there is anything you can go from here.”

“Where will I get the transport money from every day.”

“I will give you transport fare any time you have to go out. But please don’t leave me and move in with any modeling agent who wants you to be a video vixen. They will destroy you. They will destroy us.”

Maya looked into his eyes and saw his hurt. It shocked her to see that tears were running down his face.

“Don’t cry Ndi. I will go from here.”

“What of your mother?”

“Let her chase me out if she can.”

They giggled tearfully and he kissed her.

“I don’t want to lose you Maya.”

“You will not lose me Ndi.”

He scooped her and put her on the bed and they struggled out of each other's clothes.

They made love like it was their last time.

Outside, the wait for Agbonyibo was still on.

Someone mentioned Buhari’s certificate.

“INEC said seventy presidential aspirants had submitted their certificates apart from the President.”

“He doesn’t have. We’ve always known that.”

“He said it is with the military.”

“People are saying, as commander in chief of this military, can’t he just command them to produce the certificate already?”

“Apparently things are not done that way in his military.”

“How did he contest in 2015?”

“In 2015 Nigerians turned a blind eye because the Change mantra was music in our ears and we wanted it so badly. Now, our eye don clear. Baba must show him certificate.”

“We wanted the integrity and everything he preached. Surely one yeye certificate was not a good enough reason for us to let this Messiah pass us by.”

“INEC should disqualify him, simple.”

“Who born them?”

“The INEC chairman said anybody that is not happy with it should go to court.”

“I can see them queuing up already.”

“It has emerged that he entered the military without any certificate. The Emir of Katsina wrote a note to someone that he was good and they took him.”

“Is that not corruption?”

“Ask me”

“I sha know that this time around this certificate matter will not die. With the kind of change our eyes are seeing now, he needs to show us that certificate.”

“Meanwhile, Atiku claims to have earned a paltry N60 million in three years and paid taxes of N10million. Small boys running online businesses have been screaming blue murder on Twitter. How can an acclaimed billionaire employer of fifty thousand people have only paid N10million in taxes in three years while some of them have paid up to N100million in the same period?”

“He has obviously falsified his earnings so as to pay less in taxes.”

“And he spent N50billion to win the Presidential primaries of his party and owns a private jet.”

“It takes more than N60 million to maintain an aircraft in three years. Verifiable fact.”

“You see your new Messiah?”

“What have we done in this country to deserve this?”

As they spoke, the hour they had all been waiting for arrived. A DYNA truck with chairs, tables, and mattresses jutting out of the back pulled up in front of the compound. Sure enough, Agbonyibo jumped down from the cab and went over to the back where the truck driver’s assistant was already bringing down his belongings.

Everything changed when the two other occupants of the cab jumped down. Two women, one in her late thirties and the other in her late teens. They were both tall, had shiny dark skin with figures straight from an exotic dance class. When they moved, it was as if their waists controlled their legs. They first took a sweeping look at the compound, spoke to each other in their tongue and then proceeded to the back of the truck to help offload their things.

Irikefe moved closer to Castro and said: “guy, see better stew!”

“Who are they?”

“I don’t know. I want to know.”

They stood and watched them offload their things onto the ground. Agonyibo then paid the driver and he and his assistant hopped into their truck and drove away. Agbonyibo looked at the bubbling compound and wondered if it was always like that. Why were they all looking at him? He recognized a group of men from two days before and walked towards them. He let the two women walk ahead of him.

The council of elders was complete. They also allowed into their midst some other men from the neighborhood. Castro, Irikefe and the joining Ndifreke stood nearby. The men readjusted themselves on the benches and stools they sat as the new family approached them.

“Bros stand well,” Irikefe whispered and assumed his best fine boy pose.

Agbonyibo took two big steps and was in front of the two women.

“Good evening sirs.”

“Good evening Mr Agbonyibo.”

“Erm, only Agbonyibo is okay sir. Abeg, this na my wife Enyonyam, and my daughter Evae.” As he said their names, they each knelt and kissed his feet and stood again in turns.

“This cannot be possible,” Achike said, unaware that he spoke out loud.

“I swear sir, na my wife and pikin,” Agbonyibo said.

Up close, the men could better appreciate the beauty of both women. They both wore small white t-shirts on one-piece wrappers that rested on colourfully beaded waists. When they smiled, their teeth were as white as their husband and father’s.

“Welcome to your new home.”

“Thank you, sir.”

“We are sure you will be happy in this compound.”

“I know sir. But people plenty here too much,” Agbonyibo said.

“They don’t all live here. They came to visit us.”

“Okay sir.”

“You have a beautiful family.”

“Thank you sir.”

They all bowed and walked back to continue moving their things. Achike stood and scratched his head and sat again.

“You know, this Agbonyibo is not a bad man as Mr Cosmas was saying the other day.”

They all looked at Achike who had not taken his eyes off Agbonyibo’s women.

“I agree with Mr Achike. I am going to go and help him pack his things inside.”

As soon as Irikefe said that, six men took off in the direction of Agbonyibo to go and help him move his things into the house.

No one said anything about the dangerous animals Agbonyibo was bringing.

TO BE CONTINUED.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by nnachukz(m): 12:53pm On Oct 28, 2018
Finally it landed. I felt very depressed today. I thought of something that will bring vitality back to me then I remembered our dear katakata street. I visited severally, no new person in town until now. Thank you Centino.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Holywizard: 1:04pm On Oct 28, 2018
Lol.
Dem Don see waist.
I go like this kind compound.
Sex should be free like water grin

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by babasolo(m): 1:12pm On Oct 28, 2018
cheesy grin cheesy grin Mr Agbonyibo don bring enough stewwwwe to kataka street, stweew everywhere

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 1:20pm On Oct 28, 2018
nnachukz:
Finally it landed. I felt very depressed today. I thought of something that will bring vitality back to me then I remembered our dear katakata street. I visited severally, no new person in town until now. Thank you Centino.

You're welcome man. Do hope you are doing well now. Cheers brother.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by KpagoGIN(m): 1:20pm On Oct 28, 2018
Those two women go start another chapter,mother and child with better waist brother Achike must not carry last ..... I so believe in Akunna just waiting for his own angle.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by LabUdegbe(m): 1:55pm On Oct 28, 2018
Haaa... Chisco go soon de shine nurse Jo kongo. grin grin
Make dem no turn Ndi Maya to olosho ooo.
And.. Ehenn... Agbonyibo wife and daughter will get a taste of Kata on them grin grin..
I smell trouble looming on Katakata..
Nice one Centino.. One cold big stout for you.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 28, 2018
angry Centino, i travelled all the way from south south to the south west, when i got to lagos, i asked the driver to take me to katakata street because i wanted to see things for myself, lo and behold d driver didn't know d place, we searched and searched and search, bia! Centino right now eh, return all my transport fee and my time i wasted.

D story is too interesting to wait so i went, abeg u too much!

6 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by butterfly55(f): 3:22pm On Oct 28, 2018
Centino You're a big dear. Thank you for making my Sunday. This is a very lovely piece. Lol! Enough stew in katakata street!! Centino abeg you too much!!!

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by SunFlow(m): 4:17pm On Oct 28, 2018
I always look forward to reading your master piece every Sunday.

Thanks Centino

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Ann2012(f): 4:54pm On Oct 28, 2018
Thanks for the update Boss

Seems Nurse Jo is developing feelings for Chisco

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 28, 2018
Na sogrin

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by IamAtikulate: 5:51pm On Oct 28, 2018
aytuns:
Baba Centino, thanks for the update.. I really appreciate the fact that you are trying to make the story as current and relatable as possible.. But to me it's beginning to feel like you are focused more on the political dialogue (which will always be subjective) than the story itself. Like the last episode for instance where the only major event was at the hospital. So I could have just skipped the other parts and read only the last two paragraphs, and I won't miss anything important..

Pardon my epistle, I hope you get my drift.
This is the first REAL TIME story in Nigeria. Centino deserves accolades.

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Cregon: 5:56pm On Oct 28, 2018
Chief Centino, may God increase you.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by obedugo(m): 6:37pm On Oct 28, 2018
plenty stew with pepper don dey katakana street

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by connkg(m): 7:48pm On Oct 28, 2018
I suspect it's Agbonyibo vs. Mama Akunna. I just don't know where his wife and daughter fit... wink

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Jeffman1419(m): 8:31pm On Oct 28, 2018
Irikefe has fallen inluv... mehn maya wan join tiwa group

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (263) (Reply)

Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.