Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,535 members, 7,954,998 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:05 PM

Number 225 Katakata Street - Literature (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Number 225 Katakata Street (1342820 Views)

[MUST READ] Welcome To Lagos: Danfo Palavas (very Funny) / Welcome To The US. / Welcome To My Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by eyesofpearls(f): 12:47pm On Oct 15, 2018
Always on point Centino!
You interpret our politics so well!
My fingers are crossed for Atiku and Obi.
Hopefully in eight years younger ones with the right mindset will surface and win.

As for now I’m rooting for Atiku.

Go get your PVC y’all

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by dimssy(m): 12:47pm On Oct 15, 2018
Who else went checked out the Legal Marijuana Now Party?
Craze everywhere.

Thanks, Centino....

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by pgodson7(m): 1:23pm On Oct 15, 2018
ghen ghen....nurse Jo is coming back. Ndifreke better behave well this time around o......

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by MhiztaRange(m): 3:24pm On Oct 15, 2018
Nurse Jo is coming back, I always knew she would a lot of single men and young men in katakata but no women, we even need more women in katakata na, as e dey hot

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Asek1(m): 10:31pm On Oct 15, 2018
Weldone Centino

Your ingenuity is impressive

As Nurse Jo is prepping to come back, I hope she doesn't come and seduce Freke o

Anyways that will have to wait till another major event either political or otherwise comes up so that you capture it in your update as usual wink

I remain loyal to your fan base
Kudos brotherly

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by donielord(m): 12:19am On Oct 16, 2018
“I broke up with Donnie. He found out about Wasiu. Wasiu actually came to blackmail me and I told Donnie what transpired. He’s too proud to share a woman with a riffraff as he called Wasiu. And I was already tired of the relationship.”
.... And thats how I am out of the story grin wehdone Boss CENTINO

5 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Culin(f): 1:27am On Oct 16, 2018
Hehe Atiku/Obi don enter katakata street too. Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Kaycee9242(m): 1:28am On Oct 16, 2018
Centino u too much, ride on bro

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by donnie(m): 12:56pm On Oct 16, 2018
donielord:
“I broke up with Donnie. He found out about Wasiu. Wasiu
actually came to blackmail me and I told Donnie what transpired.
He’s too proud to share a woman with a riffraff as he called
Wasiu. And I was already tired of the relationship.”

.... And thats how I am out of the story grin
wehdone Boss CENTINO

You broke up with who? Biko leave me out of your palava.

4 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by MaxSuave(m): 1:21pm On Oct 16, 2018
centino! Centino!! ur updates are so on point like Maya's nipples .... thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by damieskillz(m): 1:56pm On Oct 16, 2018
Welldone baba Centino. The update was great

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by rickleye: 3:47pm On Oct 16, 2018
[quote author=Centino post=59434340]BAD NEWS RETURNS

There was pandemonium in the corridor so I rushed out to see. The first room on the ground floor which has been locked since I arrived at number 225 was now brimming with life.

You are "one of a kind" writer. An amazing one for starters. I am just on page 4 but I have a feeling that this is a master piece in the making. Your description of the book actors/actress living quarters is "off the charts". It puts you right there with each character. I love the fact that It seems you do your proof-reading so It is quite an enjoyable reading piece of literature. Your skill at quoting is also commendable.

My only critic/suggestion would be if you could write in a dialogue mode :- ala James Patterson. For example
Maya : Why you no touch me
Ndifere : I dey .......

You get the gist ?

I would buy hardcopies and donate them to libraries for easier reading consumption.

More ink to your pen.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by rickleye: 4:20pm On Oct 16, 2018
Centino:
WEED

---------------------------------------------------------------

Early the following morning I stirred awake when I heared sister Esther say “Repent” into her megaphone and another familiar shrill voice intoned “You dey lie!”

I flew out of bed and dashed through the corridor to the front of the compound and found Irikefe and Wasiu together in one corner, aghast at the drama that was unfolding. Sister Esther spoke again into the megaphone “You will go to hell if you do not change your ways” and Mama Akunna, eyes glistening like a cats, standing by the road but closer to the compound shouted back “Na you go first reach dia!”

“Every soul that sinneth shall die”

“Esther who sin pass you for this Katakata road?”

“For the wages of sin is death my brother my sister.”

“You for don die since Esther if na so.”

“Brethren do not be deceived by this new trick of the devil to deprive you from hearing the word.”

“My people make una hia me now say de pesin wey dey disturb una for this place na proper devil pikin.”

“Do not be ignorant of the devices of the devil, second Corinthians chapter two verse eleven.”

“My people this Esther wey dey talk so dey sleep for Kingsley house every night.”

I rushed to where Irikefe and Wasiu stood and said “guys, what have we done?”

“De woman don craze o!” Wasiu said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
What an exchange...

TO BE CONTINUED.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by chiefLopes(m): 4:48pm On Oct 16, 2018
Centino Wu born u.....u much to infinity abeg........I no need chop agen dis nyt....ma belle don full�☺�
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Smazlexander: 5:25pm On Oct 16, 2018
Centino Boys Go Fit See Midweek update Make We Use Am Clear Boredom?

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Eberechi24(f): 5:52pm On Oct 16, 2018
I feel for nurse, cry
Backward never, forward... She get forward sef?

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by donielord(m): 7:05pm On Oct 16, 2018
donnie:

You broke up with who? Biko leave me out of your palava.
Well i was the one who officially asked for the cast and i officially got it; I can share tho grin
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 8:28pm On Oct 16, 2018
[quote author=rickleye post=72142080][/quote]

Welcome to Katakata Street rickleye. We love new comers grin

I get your suggestion man, just that it's not a style I dig that much. I even toy with eliminating the "he said" "she said" dialogue tags I use altogether (you'll see that as you approach page 100 grin) because it slows down the narrative and can also be boring. I want my reader to participate at a deeper level. Know the characters, understand how their minds work, know who is saying what without the speakers being identified and as I have been doing this lately I've been waiting for someone to point it out but it hasn't happened as my readers can easily identify Mr Cosmas, or Irikefe or Mr Kingsley by just the words spoken. Like this the story moves along nicely and no one misses a thing and more fluff is eliminated.

I like Paterson but there are others like Laura Drake who reason like me and want to create a story that is bigger than the characters and get readers more involved which translates into greater appreciation smiley

See you at page 104 before the next update grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Smazlexander: 9:30pm On Oct 16, 2018
[quote author=Centino post=72149413]

I get your suggestion man, just that it's not a style I dig that much. I even toy with eliminating the "he said" "she said" dialogue tags I use altogether (you'll see that as you approach page 100 grin) because it slows down the narrative and can also be boring. I want my reader to participate at a deeper level. Know the characters, understand how their minds work, know who is saying what without the speakers being identified and as I have been doing this lately I've been waiting for someone to point it out but it hasn't happened as my readers can easily identify Mr Cosmas, or Irikefe or Mr Kingsley by just the words spoken. Like this the story moves along nicely and no one misses a thing and more fluff is eliminated.

Centino How Far Na Answer My Question Na Boys Fit See Midweek update
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 9:33pm On Oct 16, 2018
[quote author=Smazlexander post=72150966][/quote]

My man. I go try. If not possible I go make sure Sunday own heavy wella wink
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Smazlexander: 9:37pm On Oct 16, 2018
Centino:

My man. I go try. If not possible I go make sure Sunday own heavy wella wink
Okay Bro

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by tsharp(m): 9:40pm On Oct 16, 2018
Centino:

I like Paterson but there are others like Laura Drake who reason like me and want to create a story that is bigger than the characters and get readers more involved which translates into greater appreciation smiley

See you at page 104 before the next update grin

Boss man. You too much.

Nice update. Please let Centino the man be Atikulated mbok. That is the Messiah from Adamawa.

We missed nurse Jo's yansh abeg. Let Ndifreke shine dat congo na grin

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by MichaelBlake40: 10:23pm On Oct 16, 2018
Centino my man u jus dey flow

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by rhajaan(m): 10:50pm On Oct 16, 2018
Good work centino....next update ...Mr Zubi .and Katakata Republic be discussing...
Gandujegate and the $5 million BABANRIGA ATM

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by hottadiva(f): 5:04am On Oct 18, 2018
This is magnificent. Great job @centino

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by cerowo(f): 10:04am On Oct 18, 2018
finally here thumbs up centino , u are the best

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Chocolatesauce(f): 10:23am On Oct 18, 2018
johnpaschal:
wow you are beautiful...had to stop laughing to concentrate on those wonderfully made eyes of yours
awwwn thanks dearie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 11:33am On Oct 18, 2018
hottadiva:
This is magnificent. Great job @centino

Thanks.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 11:34am On Oct 18, 2018
cerowo:
finally here
thumbs up centino , u are the best

Nice to have you on our Street cheesy Welcome.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by cerowo(f): 10:02pm On Oct 18, 2018
Centino:

Nice to have you on our Street cheesy Welcome.
the pleasure is mine, @ centino

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by MichaelBlake40: 11:51am On Oct 19, 2018
When we dey expect the next update oga centino

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Essyprity(f): 2:26pm On Oct 19, 2018
Josephine n chisco coming up

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (263) (Reply)

Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.