Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,135 members, 7,821,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Number 225 Katakata Street - Literature (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Number 225 Katakata Street (1320883 Views)

[MUST READ] Welcome To Lagos: Danfo Palavas (very Funny) / Welcome To The US. / Welcome To My Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 4:28pm On Mar 03, 2019
All of una wey dey wait, hope you read Wednesday's update already? If not, hop over to page 168 before you rejoin us here wink

CHISCO’S RAGE

“APC is doing everything to save the face of the ‘uncommon defector’. Can you imagine the court stopping the issuance of the certificate of return to his opponent? How much more desperate can they get? They could not even wait for the election petitions tribunal to commence sitting! Is that not corruption on top of everything?"

“Akpabio is one Judas the APC will love to retain. He was their biggest catch. Dumping the PDP in its South-South stronghold was not an easy feat whichever way you look at it. Even with the EFCC hammer over him, he could have entered a plea bargain or whatever and would have still been free. Decamping was huge, and if they don’t get him a seat in the Senate that will be the beginning of his descent into political limbo, and a monumental loss to APC. You know there is always the chance that he could return to PDP."

"And if he does that, he can go and ask Atiku how life as a perennial cross-carpetter is.”

“This elections exposed him and other party big wigs in the south. Osinbanjo lost his constituency, Fashola same. Amaechi, Ajimobi, Oshiomhole, even Tinubu who boasted that he was going to deliver Southwest block votes had to depend on political abracadabra to win Lagos.”

“It all boils down to what I said about the north and southern voters and by extension, political leadership in these two regions. In the North, the Kwankaso’s of this world would be followed by ordinary people, the almajiris and the like and on election day they will all be out there to votie. Much has been said about underage voters and whatnot in the North, but it still underlines the narrative that they pursue actual votes. It is the surest thing you can get. But the ogas from the south, they cannot get their people to go out to vote so what they have are the likes of MC Oluomo and the masked boys in the South-South. If they cannot get stuffed ballot papers or fake result sheets to the collation centers or Engineer some kind of violence thay cannot have their way.”

“It is true. Senator Magnus Abe said Rotimi Amaechi once asked him to go and bomb the INEC office in Port-Harcourt.”

“That is what I am talking about. Now it is only going to get harder and harder to decide elections using violence and such manipulations. I see the coming electoral reforms making sure of that.”

“Did you see the video of the man in Akpabio’s constituency caught with stuffed ballot boxes in a white van belonging to Akpabio’s brother?”

“I hope his opponent has the video so he can show the court. But I feel sorry for the man. He is really up against it.”

"But the man ugly o. Chris Ekpenyong. He looks like Oshiomhole's biological uncle."

“Meanwhile Atiku is hellbent on going to court.”

“It is his right to. But I have never seen a court case for which the outcome is more obvious. People are saying that it is karma for him to go and fool himself and spend all the money he looted for a failed presidential bid.”

“He should listen to the voice of reason and call the president and congratulate him.”

“How many times did this president call and congratulate his opponents when he lost elections? He never did! Atiku is not Jonathan. There may never be another Jonathan in fact, but Buhari deserves to be shaken abeg. He was never a good sportsman. Even in victory he is not gracious. Imagine saying while the elections were on that he knew he was going to win and that he would congratulate himself.

"My prayer is that he sees the need to leave a legacy with these final four years. But if Atiku will make him sweat so be it.”

As they spoke they heard pandemonium over at the shops and they all rushed down there only to see Chisco over Agbonyibo.

When Achike finished talking, Chisco stormed out of the room and went in search of Agonyibo. He stopped in front of Josiah’s shop and pulled a plank from a heep of things and went after his target, who stood in front of his shop backing Chisco. The first swing of the plank caught Agbonyibo in the back. He fell forward and turned to find an angry Chisco looming over him. Agbonyibo ordinarly was no slouch, but the element of surprise was with Chisco, who now targeted Agbonyibo’s knees and rendered him immobile. He then took apart his elbows, caught his ribs and his arms as he tried to protect his face. Another blow landed on Agbonyibo’s head, and then his back again. He pummeled Agbonyibo relentlessly and was about to deliver what would have undoubtedly been a fatal blow to the head when Josiah managed to dispossess him of the plank. Chisco, strong as an ox, wriggled free from the many hands that now held him and sat on Agbonyibo’s stomach and delivered heavy fists into his face. The men were finally able to separate Chisco from Agonyibo, who now looked like he escaped from a grinding machine, with blood oozing from his mouth, torn lips and eyelids, and cracked skull.

“What is this Chisco?”

“What did this peaceful man do?”

“Chisco has gone mad!”

The men wasted no time packing Agbonyibo onto a keke and rushing him to God Dey hospital, while some others tried to calm Chisco down.

Chisco said nothing and went to the backyard and straight to the bathroom to wash Agbonyibo’s blood and heavy perspiration from his body.

The elders tried to get Chisco to explain the bloody assault on Agbonyibo. “You nearly killed that man!” Mr. Zubi said. “If you don’t explain yourself we are going to have to get you arrested!”

“Make you ask him” was all Chisco said to the men. He allowed Josephine into Achike's room and told her everything. Josephine advised him on what to do. Chisco then helped Achike to the bathroom and back, and then went out and returned with a painted taxi and drove away with his brother.

They rolled Agbonyibo into the emergency ward at the hospital. The doctor declared that he needed to have a scan on his head and would require several stitches to repair the damage done to him. But first, they needed to contain his heavy bleeding. He weakly requested that he be first allowed to use the toilet. He climbed down gingerly from the stretcher he was placed, refused to be accompanied by the male nurse assigned to do so and crawled in the direction they pointed to him. After twenty minutes, the nurse decided to go and see if the badly battered man was doing well or needed help in the toilet. The nurse did not find him there. For the next two hours, the nurses and all the hospital staff and Josiah and Lukman who accompanied him to the hospital searched everywhere in the hospital and its environs for Agbonyibo but they did not find him.

No one saw him leaving the hospital.

Word reached Alhaji Sirika on the goings on in his house and he hopped into his jeep and pulled up in front of the compound while the crowd was still gathered.

Mr. Zubi went to him and greeted him.

“What is going on here?”

“We are trying to unravel it Alhaji.”

“Where is Agbonyankee?”

“He was taken to the hospital.”

“Who attacked him?”

“Achike’s brother.”

“Why?”

“Only one person knows. The nurse. We are trying to get her to talk. But ehh Alhaji, may I suggest that we go to my palour and sit down. We were already planning to come and see you but since you are here…”

“Say what you want to say here! What am I coming to your place for?”

“Alhaji. We are all worred about Agbonyibo. We know what you went to his room for the last time you came. We need to talk sir and we cannot talk here.”

Alhaji Sirika looked around to see who was within earshot after Mr. Zubi spoke. It was only Cosmas. Alhaji Sirika gathered his Agbada and said: “Okay let’s go.”

Mr Zubi called to Josephine to go with them and she reluctantly followed. They all perched around the room while Alhaji Sirika took Mr. Zubi’s favorite armchair.

“Nurse, tell us what Chisco told you. You saw the way he beat up that man. You cannot keep quiet.”

“I don’t know if I should say,” Josephine said.

“Young lady. You have to tell us. If that man dies we are all in soup. You know your police. I am the owner of this house. If you cannot talk to anybody you should be able to talk to me.”

“The man raped his brother.”

“What?”

“Otio!”

“What do you mean?”

“He used his daughter to lure Achike into his room and raped him in the anus and injured him badly. I advised him to take Achike out of here for some days. He should not share a toilet or bathroom that’s why. I will help with the treatment.”

The men looked at each other and then Comas said “Thank you nurse. You can leave us now.”

When she had gone Mr Zubi said: “Alhaji, where did you bring that man from?”

It was the first time Zubi and Cosmas would see Alhaji Sirika so sober. They knew they had to let him do all his introspection. No one dared to blink until the Alhaji was ready to speak.

“He sells everything you need to prepare medicine. The rarest things you can get from him.”

“By medicine you mean juju?” Mr Zubi said.

Alhaji Sirika glared at him but did not answer the question. “That is what people come to him to buy.”

“So those are the animals he claims to rare in his shop?”

“He does a lot of things.”

“So that is what those men always clutch in the black nylon bags. Exotic juju ingredients.”

Alhaji Sirika sighed and continued. “He had accommodation problems and I decided to help out. I have always been his customer.”

“His wife Alhaji. What was that all about?”

“That, you will not understand even if I told you.”

“You are right sir that we will not understand you coming to have sex with a man’s wife in his house in a public compound with the knowledge of the husband.”

Alhaji Sirika rose.

“We don’t want him here anymore.”

“This is not your house.”

“He just raped a forty year old man! What do you think he will do to our children?”

Alhaji Sirika made for the door.

“Get him out of here sir. If you don’t, we will report him.”

“Do whatever you want,” Alhaji Sirika said and marched out of the compound.

Everyone was running to the frontage as Chisco attacked Agbonyibo when Mama Tobi saw a thin an old man wearing only a dirty pair of shorts and a raffia hat with a raffia bag slung on his shoulder – a classic palm wine tapper appearance – running towards her and screeching “Mama,” “mama” in the voice of a toddler. She remembered Agbonyibo’s words “Wetin I go beg you be say anything wey you see make you hold yourself if not, you spoil everything.”

She tried to comport herself, but just then she saw them putting Agbonyibo in a keke for the hospital. Then she turned and saw the old man looking at her.

“The blood of Jesus!” she said and put her hands on her head.

Dozie knew that Mama Tobi could see him for who he really was. He went closer to her. A toddler in the eyes of others but an old man in the eyes of Mama Tobi.

“I know you can see me and I know he has told you. But he is gone now and will not come back and you will not be able to undo what has been done. I can avoid you if you want, but you will keep your mouth shut. Tell another soul and neither you nor any of your children will wake up tomorrow morning.”

Irikefe pulled Castro to one side.

“Guy, you hear wetin I hear?”

“Wetin be dat?”

“Dem say Agbonyibo rape Achike scatter him nyash and also burst him blokos.”

“Na wetin make Chisco wan kill am?”

“I swear. Then them carry am go hospital him come disappear for broad day light.”

“My God.”

“We have to finish off that bastard tonight. His powers are in the shop. I know where to target. If we don’t do it, he will be back with vengeance.”

“Why don’t we tell the elders? Now Everyone has seen what he is, so we can all deal with it together.”

“Which elders? When have they ever solved a problem in this compound? This Achike when dem hammer so, no be elder? How that monkey go put big man like Achike for ground fvck am for nyash and you come dey tell me to go to the elders? If you are not going to join me, you can go back to your house and go and suck your mothers breasts.”

“Alright I’m coming.”

So that night at about 11:30, Irikefe with Castro, armed with a crowbar and hammer went to break into Agbonyibo’s shop so that they could destroy his seat of power as Mama Akunna had directed Irikefe.

Only they did not see the green hawk that was watching them from the roof of number 223.

TO BE CONTINUED.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by henrycloud: 4:32pm On Mar 03, 2019
Gracias

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by queenitee(f): 4:36pm On Mar 03, 2019
Lobatan

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 03, 2019
Thanks Centino.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Ayobami7(m): 4:46pm On Mar 03, 2019
Thanks baba Centino!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by MhizSuccess(f): 4:46pm On Mar 03, 2019
Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Pablo00004(m): 5:01pm On Mar 03, 2019
Thanks man.... Sunday is now complete

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by paqman: 5:03pm On Mar 03, 2019
iii thought as much the end of the canary coming to an end , keep it coming bro

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by BUGOFF(m): 5:07pm On Mar 03, 2019
Hmm. Have i been holding my breath all this while, or have i? Papa Efe!! Papa Efe o!!!! Come quick quick. Abi na u be di green hawk for no.223?

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by mikaelangelov: 5:07pm On Mar 03, 2019
W A J E
Words Ain't Just Enough

10 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by hotswagg12: 5:11pm On Mar 03, 2019
Thank you centino. Feed us more.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by DivneFavour(m): 5:16pm On Mar 03, 2019
This your story get wahala and katakata street is about to experience bloody war. Kudos Baba Centi. Patiently waiting for Wednesday's episode

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by LabUdegbe(m): 5:24pm On Mar 03, 2019
Jisos..... Centino take it eazy na.... Chisco wan kill Agbonyanky, Alhaji Sirika done confess, Mama Tobi done see something when pass her eye and she was even threatened.. Irikefe and Castro get their plans but (missing) Agbonyibo - the green hawk is WATCHING keenly..

Make nothing rash no happen to Irikefe and Castro ooo.

Nice one Prof. Centino (even though I can't have enough).. More ink to your pen, story line to your thread and katakata to Katakata Street.

4 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by phayth(f): 5:29pm On Mar 03, 2019
Thanks for the update. Pls post another by Wednesday. Sunday is far o. Have a fruitful week ahead!

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Philipssg: 5:30pm On Mar 03, 2019
Chai! Interesting!

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by OlufemiWhit(m): 5:39pm On Mar 03, 2019
Dah greenhawk na agboyankee........nice 1 centino

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by DaV8King(m): 5:40pm On Mar 03, 2019
Centino baba!!! Much are you.

We await next week.

Dis one sweet pass party rice.

Ese gaan

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Evold: 5:47pm On Mar 03, 2019
Danger is looming. From canaries to green Hawk, I just pitty our star boy Irikefe. angry

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by quinSonia(f): 6:03pm On Mar 03, 2019
centino more pls..abeg

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by KpagoGIN(m): 6:09pm On Mar 03, 2019
Centino i salute you........ Seeing where you are driving this truck, make i relax enjoy the ride, to heal quickly agbonifineboy needs to transform into his spirit being or his physical body stands the risk of deformity.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Damian077: 6:34pm On Mar 03, 2019
Explosive update. Thank you Oga Centino

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by princessConfy(f): 6:36pm On Mar 03, 2019
Centino you are toooooo good.
I never saw that part of the old man coming. I was so scared... Abeg let's do it again on sunday

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by princessConfy(f): 6:36pm On Mar 03, 2019
Centino you are toooooo good.
I never saw that part of the old man coming. I was so scared... Abeg let's do it again on Wednesday

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by chrisking125(m): 6:50pm On Mar 03, 2019
Centino.....thanks man..... Wednesday is too far oooooooooo

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by obong003(m): 7:06pm On Mar 03, 2019
Irikefe oooooo..? Blood of God!!! Chai!

Where the hell is baba Efe nau? Has he not stood by and watches enough?

Na until them come drop Efe carcass for front of im dormont before sense go enter am?

3 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by ghettochild4u(m): 7:28pm On Mar 03, 2019
Ghen ghen!!! This is getting ghenghenlicious

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by sconp: 7:43pm On Mar 03, 2019
Now I didn't see this coming

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by BlessedNiel: 7:54pm On Mar 03, 2019
Too sweet
Too short
Thanks for the update Centino.
The first time a hawk is mentioned
I wonder who that might be
I just hope it doesn't mean harm for anybody
I hope Ajike gets better soon and I hope he won't let jealousy get between him and his brother again.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Donpeteranking1: 8:00pm On Mar 03, 2019
IN DJ KHALIDS VOICE
[i][/i]LEGEND LEGEND

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by noni14(m): 8:28pm On Mar 03, 2019
wel done

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by SunFlow(m): 8:35pm On Mar 03, 2019
Respect Centino... Respect Man.

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Iampopular69(m): 9:21pm On Mar 03, 2019
[quote author=princessConfy post=76318213]Centino you are toooooo good.

I never saw that part of the old man coming. I was so scared...
Abeg let's do it again on Wednesday[e better wey you correct your self grin/quote]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (263) (Reply)

Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.