Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Number 225 Katakata Street - Literature (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Number 225 Katakata Street (1321464 Views)

[MUST READ] Welcome To Lagos: Danfo Palavas (very Funny) / Welcome To The US. / Welcome To My Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Essyprity(f): 10:10am On Jan 29, 2018
this remedy for jazz, is it applicable to a real life situation? Centino well-done.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by YINKS89(m): 11:08am On Jan 29, 2018
Centino:
YINKS89, Pinkfeet, okeyben10, Dhavido, Helenbee, dupsai

Better now guys. Managed to brush up what I had and updated before I retired last night. Enjoy and have a great week everyone.
we got ur msg man.. Ts good to have u bck.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by okeyben10: 12:05pm On Jan 29, 2018
ghen ghen...
d die is cast.
so papa Efe wey teach him son how to neutralize jazz no sabi se he's under da witch's spell.
mama akunna strong....gotta give her that lol

don't know whether to b rooting for Efe lol may d strongest man win
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by UCcrownboy: 2:22pm On Jan 29, 2018
Mehnnnnnnnn! I Love this part, the battle line is drawn, Irikefe the brave, Castro with the brain, Mama Akuna with the jazz, i can't wait for the next update, Good Works CENTINOforPRESIDENT 2019

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by fioky(m): 3:02pm On Jan 29, 2018
thanks
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 3:32pm On Jan 29, 2018
Essyprity:
this remedy for jazz, is it applicable to a real life situation? Centino well-done.

Still scared Essyprity? grin
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Dhavido(m): 5:17pm On Jan 29, 2018
Centino:
YINKS89, Pinkfeet, okeyben10, Dhavido, Helenbee, dupsai

Better now guys. Managed to brush up what I had and updated before I retired last night. Enjoy and have a great week everyone.

Glad you’re back bro.
Would read the update now, the perfect relaxation I need after a busy day in school
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Pinkfeet: 11:24pm On Jan 29, 2018
thanks for the update
how was ur health now .

this mama Akuna whala too much ooooo, na by force to marry.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 6:18am On Jan 30, 2018
Pinkfeet:
thanks for the update

how was ur health now .

this mama Akuna whala too much ooooo, na by force to marry.

I'm fine now thanks.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by tsharp(m): 8:41am On Jan 30, 2018
Nice update under the circumstances centino. Thanks and welcome back
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Nobody: 8:47pm On Feb 01, 2018
I've been loving this intresting tori ehh, i'm enjoying it so bad. ;-) Abeg,i want update...ABEG! Oga writer,don't leave us hanging like this...more ideas to your head kiss o
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by WILLIAMSKECH: 9:37pm On Feb 01, 2018
Centino my GEE, am back, drop something for your GEE
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by collinometricx: 4:54am On Feb 02, 2018
Pinkberry5 :
I've been loving this intresting tori ehh, i'm enjoying it so bad. ;-) Abeg,i want update...ABEG! Oga writer,don't leave us hanging like this...more ideas to your head kiss o
based on logistics, updates roles in once or twice a week... But this week is already gone, u have to wait till sunday... Sunday issa sure odd...
CC: COLLINXSON
CC: SOA
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 10:22am On Feb 04, 2018
THE POTION

They watched as the drinking senior citizens continued to lose their inhibitions. One was saying, “I am not afraid of Fulani herdsmen. I am ashamed to see what our people have become because of a group of gun totting illiterate bandits. Let them enter my farm and I promise them that both they and their cows will be suspended in the air with their heads facing down!”

“What does that mean now?”

“I am saying that I will deal with them the traditional way. We have become weak and spineless as a race because we have thrown away our God given way of life in return for an alien culture all in the name of Christianity and Islam. It is only when water pass garri that some will sneak out at night and go and seek the help of the gods. We always had our own working justice and defense system before we threw it all away calling it fetish. Let any Hausa man carry his cow and enter my farm and I will show them that Akatigolo is still alive!”

“I will summon Sango!” another said rising up and staggering on his feet.

“Me I will throw Nsibidi and they will not get up”

“Those days, there were no thieves as my father used to tell me. You can display your wares in front of your house and go inside your hut and sleep. When you come back later to check, you will see the corresponding amount of cowries against whatever has been removed from your wares. That was because the person taking your thing knows that if he does not drop the money, that his blokos would become too heavy for his waist by the time he gets to his house.”

“Instant justice!”

“Chai, those were the days. Imagine that happening to our politicians of today? As they are signing our billions into their Swiss accounts their children are dropping dead one after the other!”

“All of you talking, is it while you are here in Lagos enjoying tomatoes that that will happen? How many of you know the road to your villages still, not to talk of owning a farmland?”

While all this was going on, papa Efe was still focused on Mama Akunna who completely ignored him and was busy serving her other customers. Irikefe understood what was happening. Mama Akunna having taken care of her father left him on his own to concentrate on her business, as if to say I will be back for you.

“What do we do now?” Castro said.

“If he accepts another shot from her we will go in and take him.”

“How will you explain that? His friends will laugh at him that his son is sending him to bed like a child.”

“They are not his friends.”

“Well, everyone knows Papa Efe in the neighborhood. It will not be nice to just go in there and grab him like a child. It would have been different if he were drunk. He is not. He is only in love.”

“Na your papa dey love Mama Akunna.”

“I dey tell you wetin I dey see my guy. He has not taken his eyes off her for the five minutes we have been standing here.”

“Lawd! How can my father go from zero interest in her thirty minutes ago to drooling at her now after a few shots of ogogoro? That is why we will go and grab him. He will thank me later.”

Just then, one of the men said, “Papa Efe, you never see this woman before?”

Irikefe watched in horror as his father stood, smiled, and went and sat beside Mama Akunna; the smile never leaving his face. It was when Papa Efe bent and spoke into Mama Akunna’s ears and she giggled shyly that Irikefe flew onto the scene as Castro said, “Wait first”.

“Papa come, snake! Snake!”

Papa Akunna looked up at his son and squinted like he was seeing a stranger.

Irikefe grabbed him by the armpit and Castro took the other arm and they half dragged a confused Papa Efe away from the drunken group.

“What is this? What is wrong Efe?” Papa Efe muttered as the two boys led him inside. He even turned his head to look at Mama Akunna! “Lord” Irikefe muttered.

“What happens now?” Castro said as they sat him on his bed. Papa Efe was now groggy.

“Watch me” Irikefe said and went over to the food locker and returned with a pestle. Castro watched in horror as irikefe pinned his father down and hit him on both calves with the pestle. Papa Efe groaned and turned to look at his son. Then Irikefe produced a potion in a small bottle and made his father to drink it.

“What is that?” Castro said.

“It is made with palm kernel oil. My grandfather was a witch doctor as my dad told me. He specialized in antidotes for poisons and charms. He taught his children to make the potion and to always have some at home. My father kept this one and told me how to use it if I ever thought I needed it."

“Why did you hit his legs?”

“You never know what the jazz may lead one to do. So you first render the person immobile. That way, they can’t go out and have an accident if that was the plan of the wicked or be bitten by a snake or get laid by a witch” Irikefe said with a wink.

“He fell asleep at once,” Castro said.

“Yes. That is how it is supposed to work. I never thought I would ever do this.”

“But guy, this na talent wey una dey waste o! You can make this a business.”

“Gerrout!”

“Irikefe Herbal Home. Free Yourself From The Snares Of The Evil One With Natural Medicine. I can see the signboard already.”

“Ewu Gambia” Irikefe said and they laughed.

“Alright man. Your dad is lucky and I admire you. If it were my dad, I’d carry him to Mama Akunna’s bed myself.”

“Wetin your papa do you?”

“The man is full of sh*t and he is too ugly. See as I be na!”

“You have repented now. You must forgive him.”

“Na true. I have to go now. Take care o. What will you do if Mama Akunna came for her man?”

“I will be waiting. That potion is not the only one in this house.”

Mama Akunna’s eyes turned in their sockets but she collected herself before her customers could notice anything.

What was the little boy up to? She was restless for the rest of the evening and as soon as her last customer left, she hurriedly packed her things and closed shop.

“Wetin dey happen hia” Irikefe could hear Mama Akunna say in the corridor.

“Irikefe! Wetin do ya papa?”

“Mama he needs to rest,” Irikefe said from behind the closed door.

“What of the snake wey you say una see?”

“I don kill am.”

“Eheenn?”

“Yes ma.”

Later that night mama Akunna lay in her sleeping position and thought about what to do. Then at the hour when everyone was asleep, her essence left her body accompanied by her grand child’s and they met at the rooftop.

“Maya is pregnant,” the man said.

“I know.”

“So what happens now?”

“She may not keep it.”

“Why not?”

“They are not ready.”

“But we want them to keep it.”

“Yes of course.”

“Is there nothing we can do?”

“Of course there is something we can do.”

“Let me guess. Make her dream bad and fearful dreams.”

“You are learning fast my boy.”

“She will see blood and get warnings not to touch the pregnancy.”

“Absolutely.”

“Let me go and do it.”

“Okay. But she does not know yet. Her mother suspects.”

“Let her dream in advance so when she knows it is already in her mind not to do anything.”

“Alright. You can go.”

“What about you?”

“I am going somewhere else.”

“Alright.”

She closed her eyes and thought about Papa Efe and in that instant she arrived in his room.

Only that when she opened her eyes she was not expecting what she met.

TO BE CONTINUED.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by tsharp(m): 11:57am On Feb 04, 2018
"Is it while you are here enjoying tomatoes in Lagos that that will happen" grin grin grin

Lemme guess...Irikefe gives his father another potion to be able to intercept witches.

Nice one Centino.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by JustOzito(f): 3:27pm On Feb 04, 2018
Oga centino weldone ooo abeg continue na
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by okeyben10: 3:35pm On Feb 04, 2018
wait o.
is yu gonna make us wait another another one week b4 we kno wetin happen
this suspense is killing man
more more more
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by mekonglobal(m): 4:21pm On Feb 04, 2018
grin This guy is well grounded when it comes 2 herbal stuffs...hmmmm cetinho i am suspecting u ooo.. All the same, well done my man i'm enjoying it.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by priscy525(f): 7:16pm On Feb 04, 2018
This story is taking another turn from comedy to a real scene
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Pinkfeet: 7:53pm On Feb 04, 2018
Nice one centino
thanks for the update
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Nobody: 11:18pm On Feb 04, 2018
BOMB! Abeg, i need more oo, this tori is too good. Nice update bruv.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Chukwudozzie(m): 12:35am On Feb 05, 2018
Interesting update, but we need more

Nice one Centino
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Nobody: 3:59am On Feb 05, 2018
We should all boycott the author. Why on earth would you leave us THIS HIGH..... ?

Come, what did mama see shocked?

Chai cheesy
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 7:34am On Feb 05, 2018
I understand, everyone. Even me I no satisfy. But I no wan talk now before dem say I promise. But make we dey watch. Have a great week folks.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by guruxxy(m): 8:21am On Feb 05, 2018
This your tori dey burst brain.
ah say weh don sir
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by O24lekzy(m): 11:47am On Feb 05, 2018
mama akunna u're indeed a w**ch
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by ADECULATE(f): 7:23pm On Feb 05, 2018
Baba centino, una weldone oo bt dis tin wey u do us na strong tin ooo. Pls na update!
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by ClassicMan202(m): 10:46am On Feb 06, 2018
centino my man!!!!! nice one
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Louisefaye(f): 5:00am On Feb 07, 2018
Ride on
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by EKLE: 6:28pm On Feb 08, 2018
o boy... centino go kill person with joy o... Abeg let Gov. Rochas Okorocha make Centino the commissioner of joy in Imo State... thank u!

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 11:18am On Feb 11, 2018
TURNING THE TABLES

Papa Efe stirred awake and tried to get orientated with his surroundings. He felt the heaviness of his legs and tasted the palm kernel oil in his mouth and immediately understood. He looked up and saw his son watching him.

“Welcome back papa.”

“Where I go to?”

“You were holding on to Mama Akunna’s wrapper and would not let go.”

“God forbid.”

Irikefe smiled and said, “That means I was right to use the potion and it worked.”

Papa Efe tasted his lips again and sat up on one elbow. “The potion must work. It has been working for five hundred years,” he said.

“I’m glad papa.”

“How it happen?”

“You don’t see ogogoro and know yourself again na. It was the crayfish they used to catch the biggest rat.”

Papa Efe had noticed that Efe had matured since he returned from the village. He now had a nonchalance about him that came with a realization of one’s place in life. It was the first time his son had cast any kind of aspersion on him to his face. That was Efe announcing that he now considered himself a man.

“So what happen?”

“You mean you don’t remember at all?” I thought it was a case of you being determined to do something regardless of what anyone said. That is how jazz is right?”

“I don’t remember. I suppose not to forget everything. Is not normal. Oya, help me to stand up. We must do something.”

Irikefe helped his father up and he hobbled to the food locker and opened a drawer he did not always open. He brought out a bottle similar to the one Irikefe produced earlier and brought out a bowl and collected water in it. He poured salt into the water and poured some of the content of the bottle and stirred with a ladle. He then sprinkled the content all over the room and then produced two brooms. From each, he took five sticks and placed at the door mouth and window ledge respectively. He then handed his son a broom and kept one.

“If na what I dey suspect all this while, we will get a visitor tonight. Don’t fear if you hear or see anything. Just pick up your broom.”

As soon as she opened her eyes she knew she had entered a trap. She was like a cockroach in a web, unable to move in any direction. She closed her eyes again and thought about the roof but felt hot burning liquid on her body as she remained fastened to the spot where she was.

Papa Efe sprinkled the water on the apparition again and suddenly it changed into a translucent elephant, and then a lion of similar consistency, and then a donkey and then a brick wall.

“Wipe am broom!” he said to Irikefe who was trembling on his feet. “Wipe am!”

Then suddenly Irikefe remembered the Grandmaster telling him not to be afraid. And also remembered his father telling him earlier also not to be afraid. “She want us to fear make she escape. Wipe am!” And then Irikefe charged in and began to flog the apparition with the broom while his father continued to sprinkle the water concoction on it. Irikefe watched the kaleidoscope of animals, which then settled as a lion for a long time. He continued to hit it with the broom and watched as the lion grew bigger and bigger and then began to shrink. It shrank and shrank and shrank until it was the size of a cat and then changed into an actual cat. Papa Efe homed in on it and started chanting “oya show yourself. Show yourself! Show yourself now!”

Then without warning, it changed into Mama Akunna. Irikefe wet himself instantly. She was n*ked except for fresh palm leaves around her waist.

“Please, please, let me go.”

“Let you go where?”

“Please let me go.”

“Where you wan go? God don catch you today.”

“Please, you have to let me go.”

Irikefe began to feel light headed. This was not happening.

“I don’t belong here. You shouldn’t see me like this.”

“Everybody will see you like this. Na here you will be till daybreak.”

“No please. Anything you say I will do. Anything you want I will give you. But please let me go.”

“How come you speak so well?” Irikefe said.

“Please let me go.”

“How come…?”

“Concentrate!” Papa Efe snapped.

“What do we do now Papa?”

“She will be here till morning and then she will tell everybody what she is doing here and how she take reach here.”

Then suddenly there was a yellow flame and then the apparition turned into a small rat and slithered under the door.

“She have escape.”

“How come Papa? I thought we nailed her.”

“Was just for us to lose concentration for one second. That is all she need.”

“What will happen now?”

“She no go trouble us again.”

“What was she here for?”

“To do what winch do na. To press people.”

“What is this pressing winch press people?”

“Na fvck,” Papa Efe said before realizing it was his son he was talking to. But Irikefe smiled and said “Papa it is you she wants in that way. The woman like you too much.”

“When e reach time to press, na everybody winch dey press. You go see that it will reduce in this compound now.”

“You mean she won’t fly again at night?”

“E go tey. She almost die. Even winch wan live long.”

“Will she remember what happened in the morning?”

“Yes na.”

“What will she do when she see us?”

“Shame go catch am.”

“I can’t wait,” Irikefe said.

“She lucky to escape. If not by morning she no for wake up for her room.”

“Papa you mean Mama Akunna would have died?”

“Yes. Once day break she for no fit return to her body.”

“Next time she will not be so lucky.”

“There would not be a next time.”

The following morning Irikefe was with the boys discussing football. Everyone noticed he had a different air about him that morning but no one could place what it was.

“You see wetin dey happen to Chelsea?”

“My guy. I just tire!”

Dem dey frustrate Conte Mehn! How can you win the league and don’t get the backing of the board? If they had bought the players he wanted Man City would not be running away with the thing already.”

“They are tired of him. Abramovich want to see the face of a new coach.”

“They would soon run out of coaches I tell you. Who remain?”

“It is their model. You go surprise say, they will appoint Austin Eguavoen and he will go there and win. E dey work for dem.”

“Tottenham beat Arsenal. Upon the Aubemayang abi na wetin be hin name. Dat guy na Calabar boy o! All those Calabar people wey run go Equitorial Guinea.”

“He is from Gabon.”

“Whatever.”

Just then, Mama Akunna walked past and everybody straightened up and greeted her.

“Good morning Mama” they said in unison. They watched surprised as she responded with a nod and kept her face down.

Irikefe’s smiled broadened.

“Mama na you we dey greet.” He said.

“I don answer. Una gudu morning.”

“Em wait there” Irikefe said and Mama Akunna stopped. She had a black nylon bag in her hand and was obviously going to buy something.

“Where you dey go?”

“I dey go buy something.”

“Wetin you dey go buy?” Irikefe said standing straight with his hands in his pockets.

“I wan go buy akamu wey my gran pikin go drink”

“You no see as this compound dirty?”

Mama Akunna looked up and when their eyes met she quickly looked at her feet again.

“You dey go buy akamu wey everywhere be like dis?”

“Wetin you say make I do?”

“Oya go bring broom come sweep everywhere!”

Mama Akunna looked up and made to protest but Irikefe scowled at her and she turned to go back into the compound but Irikefe stopped her.

“Go for our shop, tell oga Josiah say I say make hin give you broom. Sweep inside the shop, after dat make you sweep this frontage.”

She looked up and saw that everyone had frozen and some had their mouths hanging open.

“I go do as you talk,” she said and faced the floor again and headed to Josiah’s shop.

Irikefe adjusted himself and then said “Eh hen guys. What were we saying?”

They all looked at Irikefe, still speechless. Then moments later, they saw Mama Akunna bent and sweeping the frontage.

“What is this Irikefe?” Ndifreke said grabbing him by the elbow.

“What?”

“What do you mean what? How the hell is Mama Akunna taking orders from you and sweeping the compound?!”

“Bros, the table has turned.”

TO BE CONTINUED

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by JustOzito(f): 11:56am On Feb 11, 2018
yes oo, indeed the table has turned. centino more data to your sim

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (263) (Reply)

Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.