Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,811 members, 7,817,354 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Number 225 Katakata Street - Literature (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Number 225 Katakata Street (1319467 Views)

[MUST READ] Welcome To Lagos: Danfo Palavas (very Funny) / Welcome To The US. / Welcome To My Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 4:41pm On Feb 28, 2018
Guys make una no fight abeg. If it is any help, I plan to stick around here a little longer. Although hunger fit tempt pesin to consider okadabooks and the like, but we all do this for different reasons and I had stated mine long ago.

IAmAmbrose:
Ghost reader mode deactivated...... Abeg come post ejoo

Welcome man. The rate at which ghost readers dey show face now ehn cheesy Gladdening. But as e be say pesin get to chop, E no dey possible to post every day. So join us on Sunday.

4 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by StancyFrosh(m): 8:01pm On Feb 28, 2018
INDUSTRIALFAN:
lol... This only shows how deep your narrow mindedness is. Go read a self uplifting book and free your mind from the shackles of being dumb. Shrunken brain.
i understand ur point now. Buh u should understand dat we are here to showcase d character in our well done works. Continues learning u makes u perpect. You are not in d right position to explain or make us understand what d Okada books follower is trying to insinuate.
Yes, i'm a ghost follower, since 2014.
I join Nairaland yesterday jus to tell Mr. Centino how genus he was before i saw dis post. I'm sorry.
And to u Mr. Centino, i've never seen any writer like u here. I've decided to make u my no. 7th Boss. I'm loyal

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by chikzyet(f): 11:27am On Mar 01, 2018
bro winkGhost mood deactivated. I just dey laugh.almost like Fuji house of commotion. Thanks bro .

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by kayjay007(m): 3:42pm On Mar 03, 2018
I'm speechless. Like seriously bro? Thanks for the dedication Mr. Cent! I heart u sooooooooooooo much.
Centino:
This one is for kayjay007. Your Christmas gift man. Enjoy it.

THE FIRST TIME

She lay still and listened. They were all asleep. It was that time when they never stirred. It was time. She straightened out and murmured a few words and in a second she was standing next to her corporeal body. She contemplated her next move and only by thinking about it she was already over the little body. She spoke a few words and a full grown man came out of the sleeping infant. She held his hand and thought about the roof and in that instant, they were there.

“How do you feel?” she said in perfect English.

“There’s always a first time isn’t there?”

She chuckled and said “Don’t worry. You will like this life.”

“Why did you choose me?”

“I want to catch them young. The next person will even be younger.”

“I am barely a month old!”

“The next person I will get from the womb.”

“Hmmm. I’m not asking how because I know you know what you are doing. But may I ask who it will be?”

“Ndifreke and Maya’s baby.”

“Is she pregnant?”

“No. I already checked. They had sex when she was not ovulating.”

“He does not want a baby yet.”

“Of course he will have a baby.”

“But he is afraid of his joblessness.”

“If he does not want a baby, he should not have sex. If you play, you will pay.”

“Yeah. But he plans to buy condoms for the next time.”

“I know. He won’t use them don’t worry.”

“You can control that too?”

“Less than ten percent of condoms bought get used. Properly. And consistently. When people claim to be in love, they throw away inhibitions. The condom is the first inhibition they discard. You won’t find many people who have had sex together ten times who have used the condom ten times.”

“So we wait until he throws away the inhibition?”

“We can do that, or Maya will not let him use it.”

“Oh I see.”

“Come,” she said to him and held his hand again and thought about Maya and in that instant, they were in the room Maya shared with her mother and siblings. Maya’s mother lay alone in the bed. Her three children shared the space on the floor. The center table demarcated where her sixteen years old brother Tobi lay from where Maya and her sister lay.

“Mama Tobi misses her husband. That is why she would not share the bed even with her grown daughter. She still wants him back even though she will not admit it. Now Listen.”

She bent and touched her forehead and immediately they could hear Mama Tobi’s voice.

“My husband, come back to me. Come back to me, my love. It is blood that I have flowing in my veins. I have stayed long enough without a man. I cannot come to the prison because I must make them believe I am still unhappy with you. But I miss you, my husband. I want your strong thing inside me again.”

She then turned to him and said: “touch the boy”.

He touched the boy’s forehead and they heard his voice: “Maya. Oh Maya. Why are you my sister? How can the person I love so much be my sister? I want you, Maya, please make it easy for me. I want it by mutual consent.”

He looked at her and she chuckled and said “He is incestuous. It runs in the family. He will rape her too. She is suspicious that is why she put the table between them. But he will attack her sooner rather than later.”

“Should I touch Maya now?”

“No. We want to make sure she doesn’t let him use a condom. Now watch and learn. Come.”

She made him lie on top of her and handle her. When she began to twist in her sleep she put her hand over her face and made different kinds of hand gestures and then went to her ears and said “you don’t love me that is why you want to use it. Am I a prostitute? I told you I am in my safe period.” They then stood aside and watched as Maya twisted and turned and then lay still after a while.

“Let’s go” she said to him and took his hand and imagined they were on the roof and immediately they found themselves there.

“So she had a dream?”

“Precisely.”

“I understand.”

“Good.”

“I want to see the others,” he said.

“Who do you want to see?”

“Sister Esther.”

“I don’t think it is a good idea.”

“Why?”

“She may have prayed.” Then she closed her eyes and said “No she didn’t. But he is with her.”

“Who?”

“Kingsley.”

“The Undertaker?”

“No need for jokes now.”

“Okay.”

“She does not pray when he goes to meet her. She thinks it is a sin to have sex and feels guilty. But as a matter of fact; their coming together usually produces incredible power so much so that I can’t go anywhere near. I have to wait for them to finish if I must enter. And then I will hope the guilt comes and she doesn’t pray. But she always feels my presence and begins to shout that name. Please don’t say the name.”

“I understand.”

“Good.”

“But there are times when she is afraid. It is on days she is afraid that I am able to enter. Fear paralyses. That is why the first thing you must learn to do is how to use fear.”

“How do I do that?”

“Make sounds like they don’t know. Shake something. Blow cool or hot air. It really doesn’t take much for them to start to fear. When they are afraid, even if they say the name, they say it without conviction. You can still strike.”

“All right.”

“What about Irikefe?”

“He has seen me like this before. I managed to confuse him. But he has remained suspicious of me.”

“How did he see you?”

“Every human being has the ability to see in spirit. The inner eyes open every now and again. His opened when I did not expect it to. I have worked on him not to remember exactly what he saw. But I cannot erase it totally. But he is useless. There is nothing to gain with him.”

“So why did he see you?”

“I am out every night. At certain times the blood radiation is such that people can easily transcend planes. Everyone is spiritual. Some are more aware than others. But we are aware in a way many others are not” She closed her eyes and opened it and said “So it was one of those moments. I entered the room and he opened his eyes and recognized that I was there.”

“Sorry about that.”

“No worries. Occupational hazard.”

“What of Ndifreke?”

“I have already finished with him. His people handed him over to me. He will never get a job. Unless…”

“Unless what?”

“Never mind. It is important at the start you know that you can achieve whatever you want to achieve.”

“If you say so.”

“I say so.”

“I want to show you something. Come.”

She took his hand and thought about it and they found themselves in Cosmas’ room.

“What is that light surrounding him?”

“It is protection. They say he blasphemes, they say he is not of God because sometimes the things he says go against the grain. But he stands well.

"Let me tell you this: It doesn’t matter what anyone worships or believes. If you have no fear, nothing can harm you. People do not know the kind of power or protection they have. Fear not, the Christian book says three hundred and sixty-five times. But flap a curtain now and they will sh*t in their pants. They make it easy for us to toy with them. But Cosmas is different. He knows the law. So he is untouchable. He knows who I am but he is not bothered. He even sits and chats with me in the daytime. He is the only one I will say you should not bother troubling.”

“Okay.”

“I think that is enough for one day. It has been a good first time.”

“Thank you.”

“Next time, I will let you have a little fun.”

“I can’t wait.”

“Now when we get back, I want you to cry till daybreak. Cry till Akunna runs mad.”

He chuckled and said “no problem.”

TO BE CONTINUED
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by smashiez(m): 10:28pm On Mar 03, 2018
Nice work CENTINO. i'm really keeping my self busy and entertained. pls mention me when next u update.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 10:32am On Mar 04, 2018
Welcome to my thread smashiez. Enjoy...

THE HOLY GHOST

Castro decided it was time to make his move. His little scandal was now near forgotten so he could forge ahead with his desire. He had been watching Sister Esther for some time now and it was clear to him that she was not happy. The useless Undertaker had had his fill and now moved on. Poor Sister Esther. He knew he would be a useful addition to her life. So that Saturday evening, Castro took his bath and brushed his teeth and wore a clean shirt and pair of faded jeans and went over and rapped gently on Sister Esther’s door and let himself in on her invitation.

“Good evening Sister” Castro greeted. Sister Esther was studying her bible on her reading table.

“Good evening Castro. What do you want?”

“Sister I want to receive the Holy Ghost”

Sister Esther closed the page she was on and turned and faced Castro.

“Hmmm.”

“Yes, Sister. I want to begin to spit fire! I want Satan and his hosts to see me and pick race.”

“So what is stopping you?”

“Nothing. I want you to impart it to me Sister”

“I see.”

“Yes sister. I want us to be praying together then in the course of our prayers, the spirit will enter me and I will begin to pour it out.”

“I see”

“Yes sister. By the grace of God.”

“Do you have your bible Castro?”

Chai. He had forgotten that he needed to always carry one now, especially as he had come to discuss the Spirit. He scratched his head and Sister Esther said: “Not a problem.” She opened a drawer and handed him a brand new bible. “You can have that one. It is my gift to you. Carry it at all times. In this journey, you cannot be ashamed of the gospel. Never be without your bible.”

“Okay sister.”

“Now turn to Galatians 5: 22-23”

Castro flipped back and forth the bible looking for Galatians while Sister Esther waited for him patiently. Then he went to the table of content, found the page number, and went there.

“But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.”

“Exactly. Before you begin to spit fire little brother, first imbibe those. Ask yourself, do I have love? Do I have real joy in spite of what life throws at me? Do I have peace? Am I patient? Can I call myself a good boy? How faithful am I? am I gentle? And very importantly do I have self control? In these days of the fast lane, fast food, fast internet, fast everything, do I have a rein on myself? Do I desire things that I should not desire at my age? Am I focused on my goals in life? Do these and you already have the Holy Spirit.”

Castro did not like what he was hearing. What was this one now?

“But Sister, what I want is to be able to speak in tongues and cast out devils. I know that one receives that one.”

“You must learn to walk before you can fly. Casting out devils is not what the Holy Spirit is about.”

“Okay I want us to be prayer partners,” Castro said.

“Open your Bible to Matthew 6:6.”

Castro looked at Sister Esther wide eyed. What next now, he thought. He knew Matthew was the first book of the New Testament so he found that quickly. “But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your father who is unseen. Then your father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.”

“There you are brother. You don’t need a prayer partner.”

“But sister where two or three are gathered in his name he is there na!”

Sister Esther opened another drawer and brought out a bunch of tracts. She selected one and handed over to him. There is a youth program coming up in my church next week. Attend. You will meet people of your age there. It will be impactful and you can pray together. You can talk to them there about the kind of Holy Spirit you want.”

Sister Esther turned away from him and continued her reading. Castro sat there bemused. Then anger welled up inside him. What is this woman feeling like sef? He thought. Then as a parting shot, he said “Sorry about the Undertaker. I heard things are not working out.”

Without waiting for a response, Castro found himself in the corridor.

He saw Ndifreke coming out of his room so he waited for him at the frontage.

“Good evening bros.”

“Castro. What brought you here?”

“I came to see my sister in the Lord.”

“I hope you know I don’t have time for that your nonsense,” Castro said.

“Irikefe spoke to you right?”

“Irikefe does not need to tell me anything. I know you."

“Speaking of Irikefe. I heard his father sent him to the village.”

“He sent me a text and said[i] Tell Castro to keep an eye on my father. He knows what I mean.[/i] Now tell me Castro, what is going on?”

“Bros. Truly I don’t understand.”

“Tell me what you know.”

“He said Mama Akunna jazzed his father. They have a potion to counter the effect of jazz. I watched him use it on his father. That is all I know.”

“And after that, he started bullying Mama Akunna, of all people!”

“Na so I see am bros.”

“Is that why his father sent him away?”

“I don’t know bros. Call him na.”

“His phone is switched off.”

Castro shrugged and said, “I will ask his father.”

“Please do.”

“So how jab bros?”

“Still hustling. How man go do na?”

"I wanted to ask you something bros."

“Yes?”

“Abeg how can I enter big brother?”

“What do you want to go and do at big bother?”

“Bros na the quickest route to fame be dat na. All I have to do is drink, eat and fvck for three months and I will become a celebrity.”

“It’s not that straightforward Castro.”

“But it is! Remember the one that won the first big brother naija? What was he famous for? He fingered somebody’s anus and won the show. He was received by his State. British council made him an ambassador. Plus the plenty money he won. Yet a first class graduate the other day was rewarded with ten thousand naira only before a bank felt shame and gave him one hundred K. So tell me, in Nigeria today, what pays more? Fvcking on live television or making a first class?”

“It is the way of the world Castro. End time as Mr Cosmas will say. Nothing I can do about that.”

“But bros, you should consider the big brother thing na. Unlike me, you are good looking and you have finished school.”

“I don’t think I can compete. I’ll be fine with a normal job thanks.”

“If you say so.”

“So how is your sister in the Lord Castro?”

“Bros I no understand that woman.”

“You don’t know what you are doing Castro.”

“But bros…”

“Go get an ND form from LASU or something. You don’t want to be like Irikefe. I know that Mr Zubi will support you if you are serious about going to school.”

“Bros I hear.”

Wasiu showed up and sat close to Mama Akunna and said “Mama de Mama. You don forget your boy.”

“How I go forget you my pikin?”

“E don tey na. Since you begin hammer I no dey hear your voice again.”

“Na so my pikin. I don old. So make I shut up my mouth.”

“Mama, you ke? Old?”

“Na so my pikin.”

“Eh hen Mama, wetin be dat kind play wey you dey play with Irikefe? E tell you to go sweep you begin sweep.”

“I no wan talk that talk. Make you take am as you see am.”

Wasiu shrugged and said, “If you say so Mama. I trust you die. I know say you know wetin you dey do.”

“Snail wey dey waka small small no dey waka like dat because hin no know road.”

“Mama you don come again,” Wasiu said and chuckled.

“Na so my pikin.”

Wasiu was quiet for a while. He wanted to say something but was finding it difficult to articulate.

“I know wetin you wan ask me. I don dey wait for you to talk since.” Mama Akunna said.

“Really mama?”

“No be today dem born me my pikin.

“Mama you sure?”

“I go helep you. But you go dey settle me.”

“Mama you no know wetin I wan ask you.”

“No be make I helep you sell your market?”

Wasiu’s eyes widened.

“Bring am. If police come, I know wetin I go do.”

“Mama de mama!”

“Na fifty naira be my own inside everyone wey I sell.”

“No problem mama.”

Ndifreke followed behind and kept talking to Maya who paid no attention to him. He was taken aback when she entered the big supermarket that just opened in the area. But he needed to talk to her so he kept talking as she went from one row to the other with a big basket.

“It is not that I don’t want the baby. But look at me. I’m still jobless. And you have your whole life ahead of you. Please think about it, my dear. I love you. I do so with all of my heart. But sometimes love is not enough. There are responsibilities to consider as well.”

Maya said nothing. He watched as she filled the basket with groceries and went to the check out. Right before him she produced a wad of notes and made payment of more than N10,000.

“Maya. Where did you get all that money from?”

Maya still kept silent, exited the supermarket with two shopping bags and started going back home. Ndifreke tagged along and continued talking. “See Maya, you don’t have to be silent. Your mother may be in support of you keeping the pregnancy and is giving you money to buy things, but remember, there is a completely massive range of expenses ahead. I need you to see this thing from my point of view.”

As they neared the compound Ndifreke thought of letting her be, but something about her manner left him perplexed so he kept up with her.
She ignored him still as they got to the compound and entered the corridor. Instead of going to the top floor where their room was she continued and stopped at a different door. Ndifreke continued after her and stopped, incredulous. Maya rapped on the door and Achike opened. He stood aside and Maya entered the room. He then gave Ndifreke the once over and closed the door in his face.

TO BE CONTINUED.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by okeyben10: 10:40am On Mar 04, 2018
bn refreshing like kilode

I hope yu gv us a peak into Efe's life in waffi or wherever his villa at. somehow I find his narrative more interesting.

9ce update

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:48am On Mar 04, 2018
Jesu.... Achike of all people? Maya wan just turn public toilet so. Ndifreke fvcked up.

3 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by StancyFrosh(m): 11:50am On Mar 04, 2018
Cool. Nice update. Pls try n update one more episode today. I'll appreciate dat
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by YINKS89(m): 3:09pm On Mar 04, 2018
M NT likin dis centino, why Maya of all people... Please return her back to her love cry cry
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 3:31pm On Mar 04, 2018
YINKS89:
M NT likin dis centino, why Maya of all people... Please return her back to her love cry cry

grin grin grin
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by YINKS89(m): 7:19pm On Mar 04, 2018
Centino:

grin grin grin
guy warn ur sef ooo.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by space01: 7:44pm On Mar 04, 2018
Bros weldon. But abeg I need more. Plzzzzzz. Sunday tooo long. Abeg make am twice a week. Thanks. More oil on ur head. Ink to pen and Maya to your*****

1 Like

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by WHOcarex: 8:34pm On Mar 04, 2018
Kikikikkiki
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Eddyella(f): 8:57pm On Mar 04, 2018
Maya!Maya!!Maya!!!U beta return back 2 Ndifreke nd leave dat ugly Achike alone b4 I open my eye.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Pinkfeet: 9:16pm On Mar 04, 2018
thanks for the update
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by tsharp(m): 8:46am On Mar 05, 2018
nice one centino. i feel like asking for more update but u have spoken many times about going to hustle. it's a shame that with talent like yours you should be doing something else for daily bread. kudos all the same.

2 Likes

Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 8:10pm On Mar 05, 2018
tsharp:
nice one centino. i feel like asking for more update but u have spoken many times about going to hustle. it's a shame that with talent like yours you should be doing something else for daily bread. kudos all the same.

Thanks for the kind words man. One day, by His grace. smiley
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by WAACUT(m): 4:42pm On Mar 06, 2018
? ;DUNA NO DEY MENTION ME.. ABI NA ONLY ME. VOTE FOR A. P.C?
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Funnas(f): 6:43pm On Mar 07, 2018
hmmm Mr centino,am speechless,in fact u deserve a Nobel prize award,l laughed until my belle dey pain me.carry go bros,u too much.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Centino: 8:56pm On Mar 07, 2018
Funnas:
hmmm Mr centino,am speechless,in fact u deserve a Nobel prize award,l laughed until my belle dey pain me.carry go bros,u too much.

Thanks Funnas. Glad you like my work wink
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Intrepid1(m): 6:39am On Mar 09, 2018
Possibly the most captivating story I've read on this forum. Very well done, Centino. You are a gifted writer.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by smashiez(m): 9:55am On Mar 09, 2018
Thanks Centino. May the inspiration continue to flow like the Nile. This is one story i can't forget in two decades.
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:37am On Mar 09, 2018
Centino OOOOOOOO Dem don knack your story for front page.... Congrats mate......
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by mrmannothot: 5:07pm On Mar 10, 2018
centino come and kwantinu now
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Youngzubi(m): 6:11pm On Mar 10, 2018
grin nice tori tho i be ghost reader
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by Nobody: 11:53am On Mar 11, 2018
I just have to forget this story, can't continue with this wicked attitude of the writer. one post a week?? who does that
Re: Number 225 Katakata Street by prospiraps(m): 2:12pm On Mar 11, 2018
Your losing audience with dis ur style oo... I'll have to read ur last update bfr getting bk on track

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (263) (Reply)

Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.