Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,478 members, 7,819,741 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. - Romance (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. (31280 Views)

Some Men Need To Think / Lady Says – Women Need Men More Than Men Need Them / "Apart From Sex, Women Have Nothing To Offer In A Relationship." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by evexx1(f): 2:20pm On Jul 02, 2017
yhemster:

Madam, How market na? I didn't ask for you for anything

This response just shows you're nothing but a TOUT with free 10MB.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by ephi123(f): 2:26pm On Jul 02, 2017
Omoluabi16:
lol. let's hear what you think?

I initially thought I understood the point she was trying to make in terms of an ambitious girl would be more in line with an ambitious guy even if he's not there yet, but that wasn't her point. Only a foolish person will correlate being broke with bad luck or lack of education/intelligence.

What most guys don't realize is that being broke or just having enough money to subsist, are indicative of certain traits women in general aren't attracted to. Traits like laziness, unintelligence, lack of ambition, bad luck, and a lack of good education. It's not the fault of a financially ambitious woman who is financially bouyant herself if she doesn't want to mingle with broke people, let alone date them.

She comes across as a snob as well as I don't understand how mingling with people should be on the basis of their pocket.

Very shallow write-up and it just goes to prove that relationships in Nigeria have become very transactional.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by yhemster(m): 2:38pm On Jul 02, 2017
evexx1:

This response just shows you're nothing but a TOUT with free 10MB.

grin grin
Anyway, you've gotten the attention you've been crying for. Check out the link, if you can give urself a pass mark then you can get to me and we take it up from there. wink
https://www.nairaland.com/3842537/dream-wife-me-god
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 02, 2017
I see sense in what OP said, but saying every guy should aspire to be with a girl of a particular status or class or be accused of having poor taste or low standards is a bit far out. In this hard economy majority of graduates (both boys and girls) are forced to settle for unbefitting jobs that pay minimum wages. Are you saying every guy should strive to be with a lady that has a job or business that pays a lot of money? Then who'll date the struggling/hustling girls? I guess I agree with you that a lady who has a well paying job or lucrative business has the right to go for a guy on her 'level', but pls this does not apply to students or jobseekers, you have to already have that mouthwatering job before making this declaration. Getting big jobs aren't as easy as some ladies think, even knowing big men/politicians is no longer a guarantee. So get the oil job/lucrative business first, you can't be in school or hunting for a job and deeming yourself better than people that already have jobs, because the job doesn't earn them billions and you assume all it takes is for you to graduate, maybe do your masters then the job will fall on your lap automatically, its not that simple. Who knows how long you'll search before you find any job at all? Remember some people follow their passions, Davido followed his musical aspirations even though his father cut him off at a point, but today he's a success. There are hundreds of aspiring musicians that towed his line and are starving today, so draw a distinction between following your passion and hunting for oil companies or multinational corporations just so you can throw money about. Some people are lucky, their passions earn them millions, others are not and they live content lives in relative comfort (I mean Nigerian standards). I see nothing wrong with a lady marrying somebody following his passion, so far he has a future in his craft and it brings in enough money to cater to the day to day needs of a family. If living in a mansion and wearing expensive clothes is so important to you, then marry the man and start hustling in his house to make your billions. I'm sure he'll support and encourage you. You can hide your money in a swiss account if you're scared of him 'chopping' out of it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Omoluabi16(m): 4:05pm On Jul 02, 2017
ephi123:

I initially thought I understood the point she was trying to make in terms of an ambitious girl would be more in line with an ambitious guy even if he's not there yet, but that wasn't her point. Only a foolish person will correlate being broke with bad luck or lack of education/intelligence.

She comes across as a snob as well as I don't understand how mingling with people should be on the basis of their pocket.

Very shallow write-up and it just goes to prove that relationships in Nigeria have become very transactional.
Very true Nwanne.You are on point and made sense. transactional relationship will grow into a transactional marriage. Honestly I didn't even read the nonsense, I just responded to you. It's unfortunate people now define their relationships by money alone, and not love and commitment.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 02, 2017
vicfuntop:
Enough with this broke sermon. It's becoming annoying
MPD much? Hi Ms. Jerkyl grin
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by shaybebaby(f): 2:46pm On Jul 03, 2017
august2224:
let me sum up the whole analogy using statistics
dating a naija girl= {Financial Standard, Prospects of Wealth}
where the endogenous variable is characterized by
a) intelligence
b) being well-informed
c) not totally ignorant

but OP forgot to add the error term where error consist of, but is not limited to;
a) love
b) patience
c) compatibility
d) faithfulness
e) being nice and caring
f) till death do us apart mentality

Problems Noted
a) the sample size is very small to accurately represent the average dating naija girl
b) the F statistics is up to no good. the overall model is statistically unfit
c) the OP needs to carry out a stationarity test on time series data collected on both the endogenous and exogenous variables in order to mk the analysis meaningful for govt policy making
Note Below
Naija has few rich women, the richest being Mrs Alakija. using OP's model, i wonder why Alakija did not take steps to win an equally successful Dangote, being the richest man in Naija, as both of dem will encourage themselves to strive harder and be successful. hmmmmm. my first comment on NAIRALAND
Commenting three months too late. I needed someone with a solid grasp of data analysis to help with running regression for my disso.
I would have paid as well. I'm angry now. angry
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by sekem: 10:28am On Jul 05, 2017
GuidoVanRossum:

Thanks dear.

I don't know why people feel one is less human for being broke. Even when I'm rich, I wouldn't want the type of this op for marriage. I don't pray I come across her type no matter the level of her wealth. If all rich girls have this kind of mentality, I better date broke girls.

You are not alone on that type of prayer

I pray that tornadoes will blow such girls so far far far away from me

I wonder the type of family such girls with such poverty mentality grew up in

Jesus!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Are SS & Igbo Women More Beautiful Than Yoruba Women? / 5 Rules To Make A Nigerian Lady Happy / "If I Cant Have You, Then No One Will"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.