Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. (31311 Views)

Some Men Need To Think / Lady Says – Women Need Men More Than Men Need Them / "Apart From Sex, Women Have Nothing To Offer In A Relationship." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 01, 2017
greyboy5000:
really!
Now you see the world like a ruler with straight edges
As if anything is certain, as if love is easy to find like a cup of rice
You mean the lady should leave like that and find a sucessful guy like the nigga is just waiting to be bought off the market angry

So what happens if these richer guy were to loose his money or source of fund immediately they started dating
Don't tell me because i know your answer; the lady should move to another sucessful guy
You know what society call those type of ladies that move around looking for gold grin

On the insults
You need to read where she painted the picture of a broke guy in her post and come back to tell me how she was glorify them

No, you misunderstand me. I said a person should leave once they're being held back by their mate because that amounts to an unhealthy relationship. In the course of this back and forth, I mentioned the attributes of a go getter: diligence, drive, discipline, intelligence and, yes, luck. All of which bring the sort of energy that a fellow go-getter craves to enhance their own vibe. A laggard, however, brings on a negativity (laziness, complacency, etc) which is undesirable; and with a late-bloomer, one would require the patience of job to watch them eventually discover their niche.

I also said that failures should be disintegrated and attributed to whatever inadequacies fit: laziness, indiscipline, immaturity. A person cannot consistently have bad luck. If it seems like that's the case, he's probably not doing the things he should.

So when I say that a person is being held back by his/her mate, it's not about the money in the account. It's about contributing to/ enabling or not interfering with their personal progress and also the vision they have for themselves. And it goes both ways. Some men, for instance, would reckon that their fiancée would graduate in four years (they want a wife with at least a first degree). Then she spends ten years and still has nothing to show for it. She changes schools a few times but still cannot cut it. It becomes apparent that she's dull, or lazy, or unfavored by God. But such a man must make a decision if he will adjust his dreams to accommodate his woman's inadequacies (which will still reflect on the household) or if he should cut her loose without compromise.

Of course, this is when decisions are made with one's head. When the heart is involved, illogical things happen. But not everyone will find love in their prime childbearing age and so people forge ahead instead of waiting around.

To your penultimate point: If someone you have already identified as a go-getter loses his money, he would not lose his character. So he's still very viable. He can become detrimental to the relationship if he is suddenly consumed by anger and depression and not responding to psychiatric treatment. He would even affect the children negatively. This is why people make the hard decision to split up.

On the insults: grin it wasn't supposed flatter anyone either, so please forgive the fact that the fragile egos of some guys were not seriously considered before composing this.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by yhemster(m): 5:54pm On Jul 01, 2017
Whaooo, I'm just short of words. To each his own. I'm a not rich guy, and meeting girls with this mentality makes me differ Relationship/marriage till further notice. If you're really a successful woman as you've claimed to be, you would have gotten better understanding of money. And pls, don't call urself successful if you're still waking 5am going to some else company to work.
Life isn't abt the destination, it's abt the journey. Comfortable life sometimes gets boring.
Confidently I can say I'm well travelled, whenever I met a lady of any class anywhere, immediately my brain evaluates her exposure, understanding of life, Thirsty for knowledge and spirituality (not religion). If you like be Mo Abdu or Alakija, if you fail, I'm done. I believe if we can't agree on some elementary principles, we can neva have a successful marriage.

NB. Ready made attire doesn't fit like Bespoke.
****Mike Adenuga was once a Taxi driver in NY.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 01, 2017
RaggedyAnn:

No, you misunderstand me. I said a person should leave once they're being held back by their mate because that amounts to an unhealthy relationship. In the course of this back and forth, I mentioned the attributes of a go getter: diligence, drive, discipline, intelligence and, yes, luck. All of which bring the sort of energy that a fellow go-getter craves to enhance their own vibe. A laggard, however, brings on a negativity (laziness, complacency, etc) which is undesirable; and with a late-bloomer, one would require the patience of job to watch them eventually discover their niche.

I also said that failures should be disintegrated and attributed to whatever inadequacies fit: laziness, indiscipline, immaturity. A person cannot consistently have bad luck. If it seems like that's the case, he's probably not doing the things he should.

So when I say that a person is being held back by his/her mate, it's not about the money in the account. It's about contributing to/ enabling or not interfering with their personal progress and also the vision they have for themselves. And it goes both ways. Some men, for instance, would reckon that their fiancée would graduate in four years (they want a wife with at least a first degree). Then she spends ten years and still has nothing to show for it. She changes schools a few times but still cannot cut it. It becomes apparent that she's dull, or lazy, or unfavored by God. But such a man must make a decision if he will adjust his dreams to accommodate his woman's inadequacies (which will still reflect on the household) or if he should cut her loose without compromise.

Of course, this is when decisions are made with one's head. When the heart is involved, illogical things happen. But not everyone will find love in their prime childbearing age and so people forge ahead instead of waiting around.

To your penultimate point: If someone you have already identified as a go-getter loses his money, he would not lose his character. So he's still very viable. He can become detrimental to the relationship if he is suddenly consumed by anger and depression and not responding to psychiatric treatment. He would even affect the children negatively. This is why people make the hard decision to split up.

On the insults: grin it wasn't supposed flatter anyone either, so please forgive the fact that the fragile egos of some guys were not seriously considered before composing this.
first of all no fragile ego of any guy was bruised
However, some guys find the idea of ladies who find it easy to step on other people's ego to make them self look saint or better as ridiculous grin

Now back to the topic
I don't know why you keep running away from the fact that this thread talks about money. However, if you want to do that let follow you up.
Now clearly your permutations are one sided how do you determine a guy is not working hard enough and holding a lady back

Now let me play by your way of using analogy
Now think of a guy who struggles to finish top of his class, clearly that shows drive
But for some reason or the other is unable to get a job( pheraps job is hard to get for the degree he studied)
However, his school gf finds work so what do you suggest for the lady, should she drop the guy after sometime and move to the next guy

Like I said before there is no way you can equate hard work as hard work and drive itself doesn't equate success

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 01, 2017
this is very good...those ignoramus will come to shout olosho...and all whatnot..but never mind the truth shall always prevail

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 01, 2017
sekxy:
this is very good...those ignoramus will come to shout olosho...and all whatnot..but never mind the truth shall always prevail
quiet there, wen u talk like this why will they nt think like that

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Daeylar(f): 6:35pm On Jul 01, 2017
greyboy5000:
yes I got your point
But her initial post was quiet clear
She said it is characteristic of a broke guy to be uneducated , unintelligent and to lacks drive which I tried to correct
Note: I am not against her choice of rich guys though wink

I've seen the offending paragraph, well what can I say, embarassed maybe she would explain better,

what I'm saying though is that she never stated that it's all about money (which is what some posters were trying to accuse her of doing) and that is what she maintained to this point, it's about the fact that everyone has standards and the ladies shouldn't be shamed for having such standards which you seem to agree with. smiley
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 01, 2017
Daeylar:

I've seen the offending paragraph, well what can I say, embarassed maybe she would explain better,

what I'm saying though is that she never stated that it's all about money (which is what some posters were trying to accuse her of doing) and that is what she maintained to this point, it's about the fact that everyone has standards and the ladies shouldn't be shamed for having such standards which you seem to agree with. smiley
I never oppose that part of her post
Like I wrote previously, every has the right to a choice but don't try to insult others to justify it
Rather make your point smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 01, 2017
greyboy5000:
first of all no fragile ego of any guy was bruised
However, some guys find the idea of ladies who find it easy to step on other people's ego to make them self look saint or better as ridiculous grin

Now back to the topic
I don't know why you keep running away from the fact that this thread talks about money. However, if you want to do that let follow you up.
Now clearly your permutations are one sided how do you determine a guy is not working hard enough and holding a lady back

Now let me play by your way of using analogy
Now think of a guy who struggles to finish top of his class, clearly that shows drive
But for some reason or the other is unable to get a job( pheraps job is hard to get for the degree he studied)
However, his school gf finds work so what do you suggest for the lady, should she drop the guy after sometime and move to the next guy

Like I said before there is no way you can equate hard work as hard work and drive itself doesn't equate success

You would find that the post alludes to the fact that the financial status of a man is indicative of certain attributes: intelligence, diligence, etc. this is the issue. I'm not running away from the issue. The money is a pointer to those qualities we've mentioned over an over. That's when you said Dino Melaye's money isn't pointing to any quality and I agreed that he didn't represent my interest group. I told you: financial reward = successful enterprise which in turn depends on said attributes. Bottom line: at the root of this isn't the money.

To your analogy after one of mine: if a man's fiancée gained a hundred pounds. Hits the gym after persuasions looses the weight after showing incredible drive only to gain it back. And then finds it impossible to find the discipline and consistency to keep the weight off and instead, decides to blame it on bad genes accepting her fate as an obese woman. Would you say she's driven? Just because she demonstrated it once?

If the boy is unfortunate to get a job, his drive should be directed towards other worthwhile endeavors that are bound to prove rewarding eventually. He can't sit on his ass blaming fate. He should evaluate his prospects and use his time well. That would be the intelligent thing to do under the circumstances. Otherwise his lack of resourcefulness becomes apparent.

Yes, hard work and drive alone isn't enough to be successful, you must posses those other qualities as well.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Daeylar(f): 6:46pm On Jul 01, 2017
greyboy5000:
I never oppose that part of her post
Like I wrote previously, every has the right to a choice but don't try to insult others to justify it
Rather make your point smiley

All right then, smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 01, 2017
SO THOSE THAT DATE BROKE GUYS ARE LAZY ABII@OP
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Fadiga24(m): 6:54pm On Jul 01, 2017
Op come make I swear for you.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lubyna:
Lalasticlala please move my thread to the home page. smiley

Na wa oh...yu no dey gre o..sister chioma
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by MathsChic(f): 6:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lubyna:
One thing I have realized from reading comments on this website is that a lot of men do not understand that some women have certain financial standards when it comes to dating, and nothing can make them lower those standards. So guys, when a lady says she can't date a broke guy, try to first ruminate on the information I want to pass across before deciding to label her with derogatory appellations.

When I say some ladies, this "some" constitutes a certain category of ladies. This category includes ladies who are ambitious, hardworking and goal oriented. They are aren't idle or ignorant. They are intelligent, well informed and most times are financially bouyant. These are the kind of women I am categorically referring to. If this kind of woman says she can't date a broke guy, then she is justified in making such statement, and any guy who insults her for making such statement or tries to refute her statement with the kind of pathetic comments I read here, is indeed pathetic.

How does anyone expect a woman who is working towards being financially successful and expending time and energy towards this goal, to settle for some guy who earns WAY less than she does? How can a financially ambitious woman lower her standards and spend years waiting for some guy "who has potential" to make it? Let me unpack this last statement because it's a bit radioactive. There are different gradations of potential and that's why I used quotation marks. There are men who have an education that confers a high competitive advantage in the job market, or skills that can catapult them to high rungs on the financial ladder. If a financially ambitious woman meets this kind of guy and he is working hard everyday to become financially stable and secure, then she can lower her standards a bit and grind with him, but only for a while. If after few months or years and this guy isn't making any progress and she decides to go, no one should blame her. Maybe the guy isn't smart enough or isn't just lucky enough. She has the right to leave him and find someone who is financially compatible with her. Yes.
But this only applies to men who have real potential, not some guy who just has a degree or skills and isn't taking diligent steps to improve his finances.

What most guys don't realize is that being broke or just having enough money to subsist, are indicative of certain traits women in general aren't attracted to. Traits like laziness, unintelligence, lack of ambition, bad luck, and a lack of good education. It's not the fault of a financially ambitious woman who is financially bouyant herself if she doesn't want to mingle with broke people, let alone date them.

Instead of dating a guy that has good qualities, the kind of women I am referring to would rather find financially bouyant and ambitious men like themselves, and then proceed to look for these good qualities. And YES they are justified in doing that. Abi is it only broke guys that have good qualities?

Lastly, if any guy is asking out women who don't fall into the category of women I am referring to, then such guy has low standards and deserves the rejection he is receiving from his fellow broke girl.
Thumbs up! 10000+ likes smiley

However, it's almost a futile exercise explaining this to Nigerian men. Most don't even recognize that humans, right from ancient times, have always been driven to seek out mates who would provide the best for them in terms of quality of life. That gibberish about blindly loving, is just gibberish. Natural selection ensures that even successful humans are driven to better partners who are not only compatible with them, but can also cater for them. Like attracts like.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by ivolt: 6:57pm On Jul 01, 2017
hibiscus76:
its a pity no one talks about Love anymore... marriage shouldn't be all about money oo OP..

Because only love can't sustain marriage!
That is why older marriages based on practical
realities last longer than the "cinderella" ones
we have these days.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Rosheal(m): 6:57pm On Jul 01, 2017
blackberlin:
This is exactly the problem with some ladies. Once they begin making some peanuts, they believe any guy earning less than them is of a lower status, unless they're desperate to get married cos their female clock is ticking. Whereas a man can be as rich as Mike Adenuga and still chose to settle with a peniless village girl because of love.

I stand with you bro

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by SycophanticGoat: 6:59pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lubyna:

"Rubbish" is what someone types when he reads the truth and it hurts so bad.

Fact is that many girls (not all of them though) who make such declarations are broke themselves or are rather runs girls looking for guys to leach on after releasing their bodies cheaply.

The percentage of leaches who go by that rule is more than the hardworking and financially bouyant ones.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by ExInferis(m): 7:00pm On Jul 01, 2017
Everyone ignore the OP.

It's her vag1na talking.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by ikp120(m): 7:01pm On Jul 01, 2017
Yeah, just the same way prostitutes have certain financial standards, such as 500 Naira for one round. We can safely call you folks prostitutes, ba?

That's very good dear. No vex if we call you lot olosho or ashawo o.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by handsomenonny(m): 7:02pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lubyna:

"Rubbish" is what someone types when he reads the truth and it hurts so bad.
olosho go find work
Who teach u olosho na ur mama? Broke this standard that
n u re broke calling a man broke, u no go follow ur mate enter italy go expand ur trade u still de package local. U go old here Ooo

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Tyche(m): 7:02pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lubyna:

Thanks sis. I am patiently waiting for the male refuters to arrive. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Gerrard59(m): 7:02pm On Jul 01, 2017
OP is correct.

Women date/marry up not down(there are studies to prove it). Unfortunately, majority of NL males are ignorant of this fact.

Funny thing is: Same men that criticise her will not want to marry a lady who is not up and running. She'll be termed as a liability. Yet it's believed this same lady should not have standards.

People have standards, if it cannot be increased, it must be maintained.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by SycophanticGoat: 7:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
blackberlin:
This is exactly the problem with some ladies. Once they begin making some peanuts, they believe any guy earning less than them is of a lower status, unless they're desperate to get married cos their female clock is ticking. Whereas a man can be as rich as Mike Adenuga and still chose to settle with a peniless village girl because of love.

Not any more oh!!! Rich men are becoming wise these days oh. They usually go for their class, except the undereducated rich guys who settle for broke and educated girls. The tide has turned bro.. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lubyna:

So if a woman has financial standards, she should now lower it for some guy because of what? What does the guy have to offer that more financially bouyant and ambitious men don't have? Is it by force to date somebori? It's not like she sees men as lower status, it's just that she can't date them. Shikena. Is it your life? Is it not her life?
Most wealthy men are ambitious, intelligent, well informed and successful, and when they marry, they marry equally intelligent, ambitious, well informed and successful women. Stop watching Nollywood movies and engage with reality.

Oh please. It's not only the women who marry rich men that suffer domestic abuse. Women who are married to broke men also suffer domestic abuse. Domestic violence occurs across all boards.

Lolzzz. Sorry to say this but you are so ignorant about reality. Who told you white women aren't concerned about financial status? How many white women do you know? There are women of different races who have financial standards, and so can't settle for less. And they have the right to. Instead of complaining and abusing them, why don't you strive to be financially successful so you can meet the standards of most women?

Aunty, I beg to disagree with you on white women, I am saying this because I have dated ladies from all continents.
If you are with a white lady, you can hardly worry about your account balance, it is ONLY in Nigeria, that you women give the guy heart attack on a first date.

Anytime I buy a drink for a white chic, she buys me two.

No dey bring una olosho status compare with oyibo abeg.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by dingbang(m): 7:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lubyna:

So if a woman has financial standards, she should now lower it for some guy because of what? What does the guy have to offer that more financially bouyant and ambitious men don't have? Is it by force to date somebori? It's not like she sees men as lower status, it's just that she can't date them. Shikena. Is it your life? Is it not her life?
Most wealthy men are ambitious, intelligent, well informed and successful, and when they marry, they marry equally intelligent, ambitious, well informed and successful women. Stop watching Nollywood movies and engage with reality.

Oh please. It's not only the women who marry rich men that suffer domestic abuse. Women who are married to broke men also suffer domestic abuse. Domestic violence occurs across all boards.

Lolzzz. Sorry to say this but you are so ignorant about reality. Who told you white women aren't concerned about financial status? How many white women do you know? There are women of different races who have financial standards, and so can't settle for less. And they have the right to. Instead of complaining and abusing them, why don't you strive to be financially successful so you can meet the standards of most women?
my friend not everyone will agree with your sense of reasoning.. I understand your post and also agreed with it and then I read his comment at which you replied this and also agreed with him as well.

Don't be biased. You know he is right still
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
Kids that know nothing about life. The earlier many of you start to realise finances is only a status in life the better/easier relating with people will be. A rich man today can become lesser than he is. I do not mean Poor. His capabilities may reduce but that's not to say he will remain there forever. Pray life teaches you its lessons early, it well help you. The key thing is identifying a zealous/hard-working man and support him with prayers. A hardworking man knows his woman will be in need and will always struggle to provide even if it is not upto the lady's expectation. I don't blame many that put money before anything in their life tho. It's only the environment they have found themselves.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
RaggedyAnn:

You would find that the post alludes to the fact that the financial status of a man is indicative of certain attributes: intelligence, diligence, etc. this is the issue. I'm not running away from the issue. The money is a pointer to those qualities we've mentioned over an over. That's when you said Dino Melaye's money isn't pointing to any quality and I agreed that he didn't represent my interest group. I told you: financial reward = successful enterprise which in turn depends on said attributes. Bottom line: at the root of this isn't the money.

To your analogy after one of mine: if a man's fiancée gained a hundred pounds. Hits the gym after persuasions looses the weight after showing incredible drive only to gain it back. And then finds it impossible to find the discipline and consistency to keep the weight off and instead, decides to blame it on bad genes accepting her fate as an obese woman. Would you say she's driven? Just because she demonstrated it once?

If the boy is unfortunate to get a job, his drive should be directed towards other worthwhile endeavors that are bound to prove rewarding eventually. He can't sit on his ass blaming fate. He should evaluate his prospects and use his time well. That would be the intelligent thing to do under the circumstances. Otherwise his lack of resourcefulness becomes apparent.

Yes, hard work and drive alone isn't enough to be successful, you must posses those other qualities as well.
again you bring back money to support your argument

Well what I was saying is the that hard work doesn't equate money gotten at least at some stage, otherwise labouers will have been the richest in the world

Now ops post clearly insult some people(broke guys) as a way to look down on them and justify her decision, otherwise why mention them at all
She use derogratry words like uneducated and lack of intelligence to make them look bad
Now i pointed to Dino malaye and Evans who are rich but not worthy of Parises she gave to rich guys in her post to counter her

Now back to my analogy which you twisted
There no evidence to suggest in life that lack of immediate success is as result of giving up. Hence, your fat guy analogy won't work

So if a guy keep trying and he is ambitious as the lady but not as immediately lucky as his gf
Should you suggest the lady leave for another guy or stick to him because of attributes such as the hard work, passion and drive

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Toks2008(m): 7:06pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lubyna:
One thing I have realized from reading comments on this website is that a lot of men do not understand that some women have certain financial standards when it comes to dating, and nothing can make them lower those standards. So guys, when a lady says she can't date a broke guy, try to first ruminate on the information I want to pass across before deciding to label her with derogatory appellations.

When I say some ladies, this "some" constitutes a certain category of ladies. This category includes ladies who are ambitious, hardworking and goal oriented. They are aren't idle or ignorant. They are intelligent, well informed and most times are financially bouyant. These are the kind of women I am categorically referring to. If this kind of woman says she can't date a broke guy, then she is justified in making such statement, and any guy who insults her for making such statement or tries to refute her statement with the kind of pathetic comments I read here, is indeed l.

Soto niyen?

People like Evans,hushpuppy and dubious guys i guess.....True wealth is progressive.

And what if that wealthy guy by a stroke of faith loses all the wealth? I guess she would leave him to hunt for a new wealthy guy....

Baldadash!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by zainmaxwell(m): 7:07pm On Jul 01, 2017
op op op.....lwkmd wen i read ur post abeg no vex which category u fall in....cos ayam nt understanding

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Engrduke: 7:07pm On Jul 01, 2017
Good effort.
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by ICEMAN(m): 7:08pm On Jul 01, 2017
Lubyna:

When I say some ladies, this "some" constitutes a certain category of ladies. This category includes ladies who are ambitious, hardworking and goal oriented. They are aren't idle or ignorant. They are intelligent, well informed and most times are financially bouyant. These are the kind of women I am categorically referring to. If this kind of woman says she can't date a broke guy, then she is justified in making such statement, and any guy who insults her for making such statement or tries to refute her statement with the kind of pathetic comments I read here, is indeed pathetic.

How does anyone expect a woman who is working towards being financially successful and expending time and energy towards this goal, to settle for some guy who earns WAY less than she does? How can a financially ambitious woman lower her standards and spend years waiting for some guy "who has potential" to make it? Let me unpack this last statement because it's a bit radioactive. There are different gradations of potential and that's why I used quotation marks. There are men who have an education that confers a high competitive advantage in the job market, or skills that can catapult them to high rungs on the financial ladder. If a financially ambitious woman meets this kind of guy and he is working hard everyday to become financially stable and secure, then she can lower her standards a bit and grind with him, but only for a while. If after few months or years and this guy isn't making any progress and she decides to go, no one should blame her. Maybe the guy isn't smart enough or isn't just lucky enough. She has the right to leave him and find someone who is financially compatible with her. Yes.
But this only applies to men who have real potential, not some guy who just has a degree or skills and isn't taking diligent steps to improve his finances.

What most guys don't realize is that being broke or just having enough money to subsist, are indicative of certain traits women in general aren't attracted to. Traits like laziness, unintelligence, lack of ambition, bad luck, and a lack of good education. It's not the fault of a financially ambitious woman who is financially bouyant herself if she doesn't want to mingle with broke people, let alone date them.

Instead of dating a guy that has good qualities, the kind of women I am referring to would rather find financially bouyant and ambitious men like themselves, and then proceed to look for these good qualities. And YES they are justified in doing that. Abi is it only broke guys that have good qualities?

Lastly, if any guy is asking out women who don't fall into the category of women I am referring to, then such guy has low standards and deserves the rejection he is receiving from his fellow broke girl.

I like the way you think. I as a guy think exactly the same way about women. I don't date broke bitches and if I have more money than her father it's definitely out of the question. So, I agree with you.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by ephi123(f): 7:09pm On Jul 01, 2017
I know this thread will soon explode. Watching from the sidelines with my peanut butter popcorn cheesy
Re: Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 01, 2017
Enough with this broke sermon. It's becoming annoying

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

"If I Cant Have You, Then No One Will" / When U Dis Virgin A Girl Do U Luv More Or Wat Cos I Just Dis Virgind A Girl And Am Luving Her Badly. / "I Can Actually Make Your Boyfriend Mine" - Nigerian Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.