Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,852 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

"I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo (24437 Views)

Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. / Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him / Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Okoyiboz3: 10:06pm On Aug 03, 2017
These flatheaded piglets go hear am today!

7 Likes

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Okoyiboz3: 10:09pm On Aug 03, 2017
Mrchippychappy:
Banjo was a traitor, I have read the full transcript, shame about it but Ojukwu did what had to be done by executing him. Traitors are dangerous

Where was your patriotic father when Banjo was leading the Biafran army?

You just sit in your beer parlour and spew trash cos you have free MB.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by akpamuomenka: 10:11pm On Aug 03, 2017
ok
Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by seguno2: 10:11pm On Aug 03, 2017
TINALETC3:
abeg, sumbody shud jst summarize 4 me in "one sentence"

If you want to hide something from a black slave, keep it inside a book.
Confirmation up above.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by nkemdi89(f): 10:11pm On Aug 03, 2017
fk001:
Igbo's were the genesis of Nigerian problem, had been Major Nzewego Kaduna didn't betray us there will be nothing like civil war
He was born and brought up in the north, he even bared Kaduna in his name we took him like our son, but instead what did he repay us with? he killed our leaders.

Treachery was in his blood, i won't generalize because i still have some good Igbo friends in here.
Nzeogwu is not an IBO man, he was from Midwest and he didn't carry the act as one, they wanted sanity and as a young major full of hormones, he organized a coup, which unfortunately had many people in north affected and he did that for awolowo too. The problem with Nigeria started with the youths and that's why the elders of today are afraid to relinquished power to youths, so that what happened in the 60s won't repeat itself. Assuming the killings targeted every tribes equally it wouldn't have raised sentiments. The North's are yet to forgive IBO's for the killings of their leaders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by laudate: 10:11pm On Aug 03, 2017
Mrchippychappy:
Banjo was a traitor, I have read the full transcript, shame about it but Ojukwu did what had to be done by executing him. Traitors are dangerous
You read the full transcript of the cooked up charges against him? shocked How funny. If Banjo was a traitor, what would you call those who cooked up the false charges against him?

Anyway, people from Ojukwu's region are well known for using and dumping members of other ethnic groups, once they have used them to achieve their own ends. The case of Eyo Ita comes to mind. It is a pity that Banjo did not realise this fact. sad He chose to dine with the devil and forgot to use a long spoon. undecided May his soul rest in peace.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Mrchippychappy(m): 10:12pm On Aug 03, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

Where was your patriotic father when Banjo was leading the Biafran army?

You just sit in your beer parlour and spew trash cos you have free MB.

Banjo lead Biafran Army? lol you mean sabotaged? Who do you think Sabotaged the mission in the midwest?

3 Likes

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Okoyiboz3: 10:13pm On Aug 03, 2017
emmalexabl:

Hausa/Fulanis has only succeded in enslaving 3 tribes in Nigeria...

1)Yoruba..

2)Yoruba....

3)Yoruba

Do you know that the capture of Enugu during a war time was one of the theorical projects undertaken by an Hausa General during his time in the military college?

When the war broke out, he was simply asked to go and execute his assignment.

Your fathers have been slaves from time immemorial even when they weren't aware.

Today, you're slaves begging Yorubas to free you to have your own Potopoto Republic.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Okoyiboz3: 10:14pm On Aug 03, 2017
Mrchippychappy:

Banjo lead Biafran Army? lol you mean sabotaged? Who do you think Sabotaged the mission in the midwest?

Which mission?

Mention 1 Igbo soldier who won an advance during the Biafran war.

You can't mention any cos the Biafran Army made only ONE advance during the war and it was led by Banjo.

You bloody ingrate come here and talk trash about Banjo.

I repeat, where was your father when Banjo was leading the Biafran advance? He must have been peeling yam for women to pound. Efulefu.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by laudate: 10:14pm On Aug 03, 2017
nkemdi89:
Nzeogwu is not an IBO man, he was from Midwest and he didn't carry the act as one, they wanted sanity and as a young major full of hormones, he organized a coup, which unfortunately had many people in north affected and he did that for awolowo too. The problem with Nigeria started with the youths and that's why the elders of today are afraid to relinquished power to youths, so that what happened in the 60s won't repeat itself. Assuming the killings targeted every tribes equally it wouldn't have raised sentiments. The North's are yet to forgive IBO's for the killings of their leaders.
Abeg, stop your fake propaganda. angry Chukwuma Nzeogwu was a full blooded Igbo man, who hailed from Okpanam Town where the Asaba Airport was built between Asaba, Ibuzo, and Okpaba in Anioma. sad

16 Likes

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by louken(m): 10:16pm On Aug 03, 2017
Interesting
Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Mrchippychappy(m): 10:16pm On Aug 03, 2017
laudate:

Abeg, stop your fake propaganda. angry Chukwuma Nzeogwu was a full blooded Igbo man, who hailed from Okpanam Town where the Asaba Airport was built between Asaba, Ibuzo, and Okpaba in Anioma. sad

Oh so NOW Asaba and Anioma people are Igbos abi? You people and your ten mouth, Even devil go dey fear for una double standards

1 Like

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by laudate: 10:17pm On Aug 03, 2017
Mrchippychappy:
What act of sabotage was carried out within the Midwest by Banjo? The same Midwest that he captured, and your people appointed an Igbo administrator to rule over, from August 9th – September 20th, 1967? shocked

12 Likes

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Okoyiboz3: 10:19pm On Aug 03, 2017
laudate:

I swear, these Igbos are very deceitful people. Look at how they're denying Nzeogwu!

This is how they opposed Kachikwu getting the NNPC saying he's not a core Igbo man.

Why are they cursed with bitterness and hatred?

16 Likes

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Rapwiz(m): 10:21pm On Aug 03, 2017
grin
Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by CltrAltDel: 10:22pm On Aug 03, 2017
emmalexabl:

Hello kid.. .

Do i know you.,abi i look like ur papa? ?
I am an Afonjaaa…. You are from PIGS & IDIOTS lineage, Kanu is from the PIGS & IDIOTS lineage…… Ask your mom, Kanu may be your papa grin grin grin

13 Likes

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by laudate: 10:22pm On Aug 03, 2017
Mrchippychappy:
Oh so NOW Asaba and Anioma people are Igbos abi? You people and your ten mouth, Even devil go dey fear for una double standards
You want to exhibit your cluelessness and emptiness on this thread today, right? The same Asaba and Anioma that your own people have been shouting are Igbo, the same Asaba and Anioma that Kanu has said are part of his Biafra.... which is why the rest of the world has joined in calling them Igbo. sad Now, do you want the rest of the world to say they are not Igbo again? And if you want to be honest and truthful, it is actually a number of indigenes who come from that area, that keep trying to dissociate themselves from Igbo, by claiming they are Ika and not Igbo. It is not outsiders, that say they are not Igbo. sad So what fake point are you trying to prove, here?

Okoyiboz3:
I swear, these Igbos are very deceitful people. Look at how they're denying Nzeogwu!

This is how they opposed Kachikwu getting the NNPC saying he's not a core Igbo man.

Why are they cursed with bitterness and hatred?

I no know say you sef see am! sad Anytime the issue of Igbos in the old Midwest region comes up, it is the Igbo on NL that shout to the highest heavens that those people are Igbo! They will tell you categorically that there is nothing like 'core Igbo,' and 'peripheral Igbo or Igboid groups.' In fact, whenever the indigenes of those areas try to say they are Ika and not Igbo, you need to see how they are insulted and vilified by their Igbo brothers across the Niger, who are on NL. Now, that little clown you responded to, is trying to claim they are not Igbo, simply because of the actions they took. Very strange set of people! undecided

11 Likes

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by fk001(m): 10:24pm On Aug 03, 2017
nkemdi89:

Exactly the first coup was one sided, they even hinted Nnamdi Azikiwe to took off, Agui ironsi was spared but Maimalari was killed.

Had it been they killed even one Igbo leader there won't be turmoil

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Okoyiboz3: 10:24pm On Aug 03, 2017
laudate:

You want to exhibit your cluelessness and emptiness on this thread today, right? The same Asaba and Anioma that your own people have been shouting are Igbo, the same Asaba and Anioma that Kanu has said are part of his Biafra.... which is why the rest of the world has joined in calling them Igbo. sad Now, do you want the rest of the world to say they are not Igbo again? And if you want to be honest and truthful, it is actually a number of indigenes who come from that area, that keep trying to disassociate themselves from Igbo, by claiming they are Ika and not Igbo. It is not outsiders, that say they are not Igbo. sad So what fake point are you trying to prove, here?

I have said it severally, the greatest enemy of an Igbo man is another Igbo man.

Abia against Imo, Anambra against Enugu, Owerri against Mbaise, Ngwa against Aro, Umuleri against Aguleri, all of them against Ebonyi.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Okoyiboz3: 10:25pm On Aug 03, 2017
fk001:

Exactly the first coup was one sided, they even hinted Nnamdi Azikiwe to took off, Agui ironsi was spared but Maimalari was killed.

Had it been they killed even one Igbo leader there won't be turmoil

Even if Azikiwe escaped by mistake, why did Aguiyi Ironsi an Igbo man refuse to deal with the Igbo coup plotters?

Ironsi locked the coup plotters in Igboland and refused to try them. The idiot thought it was a chieftaincy tussle.

10 Likes

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by fk001(m): 10:25pm On Aug 03, 2017
emmalexabl:

According to lamido sanusi....
"yorubas are the real problem we have in Nigeria "
Don't be sentimental just judge by the first coup.

2 Likes

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Mrchippychappy(m): 10:26pm On Aug 03, 2017
laudate:

You want to exhibit your cluelessness and emptiness on this thread today, right? The same Asaba and Anioma that your own people have been shouting are Igbo, the same Asaba and Anioma that Kanu has said are part of his Biafra.... which is why the rest of the world has joined in calling them Igbo. sad Now, do you want the rest of the world to say they are not Igbo again? And if you want to be honest and truthful, it is actually a number of indigenes who come from that area, that keep trying to disassociate themselves from Igbo, by claiming they are Ika and not Igbo. It is not outsiders, that say they are not Igbo. sad So what fake point are you trying to prove, here?

You dummy, who is denying that Anioma and Asaba are Igbos? it is YOU opioro head afonja subhumans that keep trying to bring enmity between the Delta speaking Igbos and the South Eastern Igbos.

4 Likes

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by fk001(m): 10:26pm On Aug 03, 2017
TINALETC3:
undecided

Yea lady you heard me right, let it sink down
Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Okoyiboz3: 10:27pm On Aug 03, 2017
Mrchippychappy:

You dummy, who is denying that Anioma and Asaba are Igbos? it is YOU opioro head afonja subhumans that keep trying to bring enmity between the Delta speaking Igbos and the South Eastern Igbos.

You keep mentioning Afonja when your effeminate fathers never started a successful riot not to talk if winning a war. Afonja had a record of winning ALL his wars and losing just a single one. That was his last war.

On the other hand, mention a single war won by any Igbo man living or dead.

Even the Aba women riot was started by your women and led by a Yoruba Woman, Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti. She led Aba Women's Riot, Banjo led the only Biafran offensive in the civil war.

You flatheaded mofos are our b!tches and we own you.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by fk001(m): 10:28pm On Aug 03, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

Even if Azikiwe escaped by mistake, why did Aguiyi Ironsi an Igbo man refuse to deal with the Igbo coup plotters?

Ironsi locked the coup plotters in Igboland and refused to try them. The idiot thought it was a chieftaincy tussle.

They are just naturally greedy

5 Likes

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by laudate: 10:29pm On Aug 03, 2017
Mrchippychappy:
So anyone who disagrees with you is an Afonja? You are clueless. And for the record it is not the Yorubas or any other ethnic group that say the people of Asaba, Anioma etc are not Igbo. It is the indigenes of those places themselves, that say so by claiming they are Ika and not Igbo. Go and do your research and stop telling lies here! sad

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by stingg(m): 10:30pm On Aug 03, 2017
Mrchippychappy:

Banjo did not suffer for the igbos, he was giving a direct order and instead he planned with the British Government and the Federal Government to topple Biafra, He and Ifeajuna were promised federal pardon and diplomatic roles. I have read all about it, I know people that where DIRECTLY involved in the war and I have read direct accounts of what happened, this one no be super story, Banjo was never willing to help Biafra from the start.
Banjo took over Midwest without a single fight. He promoted peace and made locals love the Liberation Army, even the news was received well in the Western region. He was becoming too popular and that was what angered Ojukwu. Most of his advice were rubbished by Ojukwu, for example; installing a local as the head so that the people feel more relaxed, more firearms for the troop, including locals in political decisions where he proposed a bini man and an Itsekiri man (I've forgotten their names), among others. Ojukwu wouldn't buy into that, he would rather prefer an Igbo.
So much was the difference in ideas that Banjo had to be summoned to Enugu.
While Banjo was away, the formation broke down due to lack of discipline by Biafran soldiers. Harassment, rape, extortion became the order of the day.
This was chief among what led to breakdown of the stronghold in Midwest and reason most of them still harbour some form of resentment.

Woo, I can't type too much jare....

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by intruxive(m): 10:31pm On Aug 03, 2017
Lesson learnt, never trust these Igbos. They are genetically cloned to stab u in the back angry

8 Likes

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Blackie46(m): 10:31pm On Aug 03, 2017
F
Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Jabioro: 10:32pm On Aug 03, 2017
REDshouse:
Hmmmmm Afonja warriors are noted to be brave and very intelligent.... Dnt let me mention names but I will do if pressed to
We are far better than them in every ramification..we are not chest beater, greediness never been our sole goals, we are not trained to be narrow minded. I hoped many of IPOB can take their time to go through this piece, how Afonjas had gave everything to make her realized her state dream but squashed it due to her leaders ill fated flight idea that refused all the wise men saying, took off in a bad weather..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Mrchippychappy(m): 10:33pm On Aug 03, 2017
fk001:

Don't be sentimental just judge by the first coup.

And what do you know about the first coup in Nigeria? some of you here probably don't know about Awo's plan to topple the federal government, this was long before Nzeogwu, who do you think sowed the seed of discord in Nigeria? even the northerners would tell you that there was a time when an Igbo man would govern in the North and a Northerner in the East UNTIL Zik won the western house, Awo then had a meeting with the western representatives and told them it would be a shame for an easterner to govern in Yoruba land, The next day, an event that had NEVER happened in the history of Nigeria happened, there was massive CROSS CARPETING, virtually all yorubas who voted for Zik voted against him and till this day we still have this problem in Nigeria, some people are fond of trying to re-write history so that they can paint an evil, conniving, petty, sadistic crook as one of the founding fathers of Nigeria but we know better.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Fayemi's Convoy Did Not Kill Policeman", Eyewitness Reveals What Happened. PICS / Lagos East Bye-Election: APC Takes Over PDP Campaign Office In Bariga / President Buhari Arrives Daura, Katsina State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.