Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,949 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

"I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo (24439 Views)

Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. / Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him / Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Ngozi123(f): 12:32am On Aug 04, 2017
nkemdi89:

Ngozi I have many reasons to be proud of Nigeria, my blood is green and white and I won't change it for any country. So many people out there are looking for a country to call theirs, so many slaves out there are trying to trace their origin, while I know mine and you think I shouldn't be proud of it? I don't know your level of education or exposure but believe when you step outside the shore of this country , you will understand the importance of nationality no matter how good or bad.

Lol. You clearly do not know me well... when you step outside of the shores of this country, you'd become even more embarrassed at being associated with this failed state that you call your country. You're still not an Igbo woman btw undecided.

3 Likes

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Ngozi123(f): 12:34am On Aug 04, 2017
[s]
Okoyiboz3:

Stay out of your business when that albino hunchback called Kanu is coming to Lagos? Have you forgotten that it was when your fathers advanced on Ore that started their misery.

Yorubas own you lot, you're our property.

The Rivers people seized your brick and mortar property, Yorubas seized your political and economic future.
[/s]

Stop ranting about Igbos and try to figure out with your brethren how you will wrestle Kwara and Kogi states from the North. I hear that the Fulani are now saying that Ilorin is theirs. Quel dommage!

1 Like

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by nkemdi89(f): 12:36am On Aug 04, 2017
pazienza:

I don't believe in nation building with Arewa Oduanistanis, anymore than a Frenchman believe in nation building with neigouring Germans.

Fences( borders for Nations) , make for good neighbours.

I believe in Nation building, Igbo nation building, that involves uniting all Igbo speaking people in SE, Enu-ani, Oyigbo, Benue, Cross Rivers, and beyond, into one formidable progressive monilitic nation, in the mould of the likes of Japan and Germany.
Why not take a cue from Russia, instead of binding ethnicities into more unholy marriage, your independence should start from you, generate your resources, free from dependence.
Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by nkemdi89(f): 12:37am On Aug 04, 2017
Ngozi123:

Lol. You clearly do not know me well... when you step out the shores of this country, you'd become even more embarrassed at being associated with this failed state that you call your country. You're still not an Igbo woman btw undecided.
No I am not, but I am a Nigerian, or do you still want to collect that from me?
Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Ngozi123(f): 12:37am On Aug 04, 2017
logica:
Unfortunately Banjo undertook this suicide mission at the behest of his oga who was...

Still doesn't change the fact that it was a Yoruba man who 'invaded' Yoruba territory so the matter should've been resolved as a family matter. Besides, Nigeria, including Ndi Yoruba, declaring war on Biafra and the Biafran army 'invading' Ore, which happened first?

1 Like

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by pazienza(m): 12:39am On Aug 04, 2017
nkemdi89:

Why not take a cue from Russia, instead of binding ethnicities into more unholy marriage, your independence should start from you, generate your resources, free from dependence.

No. I'd rather take a cue from monolithic prosperous Nations of the world like the Scandinavian countries, South Korea, Germany, Japan.

You can still have your multi ethnic Nigeria with Thousands of ethnic groups without the Igbos..

We simply have no interest in your Russia project..

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Ngozi123(f): 12:39am On Aug 04, 2017
nkemdi89:

No I am not, but I am a Nigerian, or do you still want to collect that from me?

Thanks for admitting that you're not an Igbo woman. You can keep your Nigerian tag, I don't know anyone who'd want to buy that from you...

Cc: Pazienza

3 Likes

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by nkemdi89(f): 12:41am On Aug 04, 2017
Ngozi123:

Thanks for admitting that you're not an Igbo woman. You can keep your Nigerian tag, I don't know anyone who'd want to buy that from you...

I believe you are comfortable with that now, yeye dey smell.
Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by pazienza(m): 12:43am On Aug 04, 2017
Ngozi123:

Haha!

He had no option but to admit. He is probably an amateur at this impersonation game.

I think he must have learnt from his mistakes here.

The next account he will open, he would be more subtle and consistent in claiming Igbo.

But guess what?

We would still know,only that that time around, we might not have past post history to use to fish him out, since he must have learnt to cover his tracks well from experience, but we would still know he isn't Igbo, cos what makes one an Igbo are many, you simply can't impersonate Igbo and not stick out like sore thumb. We are that unique. cool

3 Likes

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by nkemdi89(f): 12:47am On Aug 04, 2017
pazienza:

No. I'd rather take a cue from monolithic prosperous Nations of the world like the Scandinavian countries, South Korea, Germany, Japan.

You can still have your multi ethnic Nigeria with Thousands of ethnic groups without the Igbos..

We simply have no interest in your Russia project..

Thank you.
Unfortunately your Biafra isn't coming soon, for now make do with what you can in Nigeria, be law abiding and stay away from crime because the long arms of the law won't fail to prosecute you if you commit any offence be it simple to felony .
Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Ngozi123(f): 12:50am On Aug 04, 2017
pazienza:

Haha!

He had no option but to admit. He is probably an amateur at this impersonation game.

I think he must have learnt from his mistakes here.

The next account he will open, he would be more subtle and consistent in claiming Igbo.

But guess what?

We would still know,only that that time around, we might not have past post history to use to fish him out, since he must have learnt to cover his tracks well from experience, but we would still know he isn't Igbo, cos what makes one an Igbo are many, you simply can't impersonate Igbo and not stick out like sore thumb. We are that unique. cool

Exactly. We have a certain 'je ne sais quoi' that is very difficult to emulate.

3 Likes

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Ngozi123(f): 12:51am On Aug 04, 2017
nkemdi89:

I believe you are comfortable with that now, yeye dey smell.

Yes, I am comfortable with that. I like it when people are honest with themselves smiley.

1 Like

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by pazienza(m): 12:52am On Aug 04, 2017
nkemdi89:

Unfortunately your Biafra isn't coming soon, for now make do with what you can in Nigeria, be law abiding and stay away from crime because the long arms of the law won't fail to prosecute you if you commit any offence be it simple to felony .

Funny enough, the main criminal elements in the colonial estate are those that chant one Nigeria.

How much did OBJ spend to generate darkness?

How much did Abacha steal?

What about IBB, Gowon, etc.

Are they all not patriotic Nigerians who chanted /Chants one Nigeria.
Even in Igboland, the most violent One Nigeria chanters are the corrupt politicians, whose hands are stained with embezzlement of public funds, alongside their relatives and friends /well wishers who all feed off the crumbs from their loots.

Biafra will come, whether you like it or not.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by logica(m): 12:54am On Aug 04, 2017
Ngozi123:

Still doesn't change the fact that it was a Yoruba man who 'invaded' Yoruba territory so the matter should've been resolved as a family matter. Besides, Nigeria, including Ndi Yoruba, declaring war on Biafra and the Biafran army 'invading' Ore, which happened first?
Yes, Yes. Yoruba declared war and Igbo retaliated. Sebi una don win. undecided

4 Likes

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Ngozi123(f): 12:56am On Aug 04, 2017
logica:
Yes, Yes. Yoruba declared war and Igbo retaliated. Sebi una don win. undecided

Lol. Thanks for proving my point. Now, stay out of our business and focus on yourselves.

1 Like

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Jabioro: 12:56am On Aug 04, 2017
Ngozi123:
[s][/s]

Stop ranting about Igbos and try to figure out with your brethren how you will wrestle Kwara and Kogi states from the North. I hear that the Fulani are now saying that Ilorin is theirs. Quel dommage!
Leaves that to us we knew what to do and how to go about it, Face yours ..You can't teach us how to put morsel into our mouth or you wanted teach us how to excrete ?
Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Pharaoh9(m): 12:57am On Aug 04, 2017
pazienza:

Funny enough, the main criminal elements in the colonial estate are those that chant one Nigeria.

How much did OBJ spend to generate darkness?

How much did Abacha steal?

What about IBB, Gowon, etc.

Are they all not patriotic Nigerians who chanted /Chants one Nigeria.
Even in Igboland, the most violent One Nigeria chanters are the corrupt politicians, whose hands are stained with embezzlement of public funds, alongside their relatives and friends /well wishers who all feed off the crumbs from their loots.

Biafra will come, whether you like it or not.

Eg. Orji Uzo Kalu who hails from Aba but couldn't built roads or other infrastructures for Aba people.

5 Likes

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Ngozi123(f): 12:58am On Aug 04, 2017
Jabioro:
Leaves that to us we know what to do and how to go about it, Face yours ..

This is exactly what I've been saying... You need to inform some of your brethren about this as it seems that they haven't received the memo yet undecided.

Also, kindly inform our resident Igbo stalker of this as I can see that he's viewing this thread right now undecided.

1 Like

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by logica(m): 1:02am On Aug 04, 2017
Ngozi123:

Lol. Thanks for proving my point. Now, stay out of our business and focus on yourselves.
What point? You better check into Aro or something. Point indeed.

Speaking of minding business, I've read the hilarious versions of the January 1966 coup where the whole point was to free Awolowo and make him Prime Minister; and of course was predicated on the eruption of anarchy in the South-West. So apparently a group of Igbo boys were to rescue the South-West from themselves. Yet rescue Awolowo, we no see. Not a single shot fired in Calabar.

6 Likes

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by KxngKrypt(m): 1:05am On Aug 04, 2017
The Nigerian civil war was caused by nothing other than Pride, arrogance and youthful exuberance.
That being said, I'd like to add that the Igbo's do not know how to piss In one spot so as to generate enough foam. Always bickering amongst themselves. They are the most disunited ethnic group I ever saw. Thats why The Northerners and Yorubas keep STUNTING on them!

4 Likes

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Ngozi123(f): 1:19am On Aug 04, 2017
logica:
What point? You better check into Aro or something. Point indeed.

My point was that the Nigerian side, including Ndi Yoruba, declared war on Biafra before Biafra 'invaded' Ore, thereby proving that your people got involved in a situation that needn't have concerned them, just like they are doing today. You alluded to this in your post.

Speaking of minding business, I've read the hilarious versions of the January 1966 coup where the whole point was to free Awolowo and make him Prime Minister; and of course was predicated by the eruption of anarchy in the South-West. So apparently a group of Igbo boys were to rescue the South-West from themselves. Yet rescue Awolowo, we no see. Not a single shot fired in Calabar.

I don't understand why you find that version "hilarious", considering that it's actually the most logical version of events. It's far more logical than a group of Igbo soldiers, which wasn't really a group of 'Igbo' soldiers as it consisted of a number of soldiers from different tribes colluded with Aguiyi-Ironsi- despite the fact that they tried to kill him and he ended up putting arrest warrants for them all- to cease power for themselves and make the Igbos the hegemonic tribe in the whole of Nigeria undecided.

Btw, all of the targets were military or political bases, hence no shots fired in Calabar. Why would you go on a bloody and risky rampage, killing prison guards just to free Awo when you could just get rid of all of his enemies and simply give the order to release him? Which one makes more sense?

2 Likes

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Rmxr: 1:38am On Aug 04, 2017
Ngozi123:

I, and many other Igbos, do not want or need your support for our independence. All we ask of Ndi Yoruba is to stay out of our business just as your forefathers should have done in the civil war.

Staying out of your business yet there is hardly any Biafran thread without "afonjas will not like this" "afonjas right now". Be deceiving yourself. Useless hypocrites.

7 Likes

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by logica(m): 2:00am On Aug 04, 2017
Ngozi123:

Btw, all of the targets were military or political bases, hence no shots fired in Calabar. Why would you go on a bloody and risky rampage, killing prison guards just to free Awo when you could just get rid of all of his enemies and simply give the order to release him? Which one makes more sense?
Makes sense to irrational people. It gets worse if you do not know about military matters. By the way, how did the killing of Ademulegun and Ralph Sodeinde enhance the plan to install Awolowo?

6 Likes

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Brooklynsouth(f): 2:31am On Aug 04, 2017
laudate:

Abeg, stop your fake propaganda. angry Chukwuma Nzeogwu was a full blooded Igbo man, who hailed from Okpanam Town where the Asaba Airport was built between Asaba, Ibuzo, and Okpaba in Anioma. sad
so Delta is now igbo abi when we say Delta state is Biafra don't come here to scream like vulture on mensuration
Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Brooklynsouth(f): 2:42am On Aug 04, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

You keep mentioning Afonja when your effeminate fathers never started a successful riot not to talk if winning a war. Afonja had a record of winning ALL his wars and losing just a single one. That was his last war.

On the other hand, mention a single war won by any Igbo man living or dead.

Even the Aba women riot was started by your women and led by a Yoruba Woman, Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti. She led Aba Women's Riot, Banjo led the only Biafran offensive in the civil war.

You flatheaded mofos are our b!tches and we own you.
pls shut up and don't peddle fake lies all over the Internet which funmilayo Ransome kuti led which war pls Margret ekpo did what then ?

1 Like

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by laudate: 2:50am On Aug 04, 2017
Brooklynsouth:
so Delta is now igbo abi when we say Delta state is Biafra don't come here to scream like vulture on mensuration
Who is screaming like a vulture? Are you just clueless or simply making a special effort to be regarded as such? shocked Nobody said Delta state was Igbo. The subject under discussion was about Nzeogwu an Anioma man, being Igbo. Delta State is made up of different ethnic groups like Urhobo, Itsekiri, Anioma & a few Ijaw communities. So apart from the Anioma, how can the whole of Delta state be regarded as Igbo? Please go back and read through all the posts on this thread, before you jump in here and start flinging wild allegations, up and down. sad

1 Like

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Brooklynsouth(f): 3:02am On Aug 04, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

If Banjo halted an advance for 6 hours, it was within his discretion as a military commander.

You can't understand military tactics as you come from a long lineage of losers.
and the radio broadcast without the permission of the highest command
Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Nobody: 3:38am On Aug 04, 2017
The Biafran military commander who launched the most offensive attack during the Civil War was from *wait for it* the famed 'cowardly' tribe.

1 Like

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by xammy(m): 4:46am On Aug 04, 2017
lovely pis
Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Nobody: 5:17am On Aug 04, 2017
pazienza:

She is a man.

A Yoruba man.

Dt nkemdi89 person is not yoruba. 99.9% of yorubas are ignorant of the ethnic makeups of the southsouth, not to talk of knowing d xter each one has. Uninterested. Any comments they make abt dt would usually just be broad generalizations. The way hes bn defending the north and going on abt individual villages in d southsouth, hes probably a northerner dt grew up in d southsouth or a southsoutherner dt grew up in d north.

1 Like

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by darediamond(m): 6:06am On Aug 04, 2017
TINALETC3:
abeg, sumbody shud jst summarize 4 me in "one sentence"
Afonja Killed Against Ojukwu, Afonja Won It For Nigeria.

That is the way tittle bro
///////////////

I a Yoruba man is practically for Biafra.
Core northerners never in there life.should think if it ever comes.to it again, regardless of there population in the HAFU Army, that they can defeat Bifrans because we Yoruba's...... I mean all sensible warriors from South West will with Horrofully Hatred War you Northerners.

It will be a surprise to you all up there. It will a war of payback!!!!!

Up Oduduwa, Up Biafra!!!!
Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Nobody: 6:21am On Aug 04, 2017
When he decided to declare an Independent Republic of Biafra, l pleaded with him to postpone it as both the people West and Mid-West were not ready or at that stage, sufficiently strong militarily to take the same stand, even though they would wish it.

“I pointed out to him his declaration of Biafra at the time was not consistent with our plans and agreements. I told him that the people of the West who were acting on the basis of the fact that l would bring assistance to them from here, would consider the decision to declare Biafra at that time a betrayal of our arrangements.

This part stuck out to me most. Any right thinking person could see that, but trust a proud man to

1) never see beyond his nose
2) and then never take advice
3) and then trample on other peoples will, like theyre lesser humans

If ojukwu wasnt so blinded and trying so hard to be clever by half, he would have taken this advise and not been so hasty. This caused problems for him even in the southsouth when they eventually turned against him.

These are the reasons the bible says "God resists a proud man", the very definining characteristic of pride is to be blinded. So ull always...eventually fail.

Its a law of life. undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ihima Residets Hold Rally For APC And Tinubu In Kogi State / Chatham House: Tinubu's Response To Tackling Oil Theft (Video) / Bianca’s Siblings Attack Ojukwu’s Sons Over Senatorial Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.