Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,568 members, 7,812,840 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

"I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo (24436 Views)

Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. / Olayinka Omigbodun, Victor Banjo’s Daughter: Ojukwu Betrayed My Dad, Killed Him / Victor Banjo's Children Speak 50 Years After His Demise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by logica(m): 10:34pm On Aug 03, 2017
laudate:

What act of sabotage was carried out within the Midwest by Banjo? The same Midwest that he captured, and your people appointed an Igbo administrator to rule over, from August 9th – September 20th, 1967? shocked
Do you realize that to deepen the conspiracy and create confusion, the then Biafran appointed administrator of Midwest called Gowon to warn him about a fake assassination plot (supposedly planned by Banjo and his group). It was an anonymous call and Lagos took it seriously; mounting roadblocks and checkpoints as counter measure.

When this same administrator was later asked why he warned Gowon (after all his assassination would have profited Biafra), he claimed he issued the warning because there was supposed to be meeting of Heads of States of African countries and he saw that as the best opportunity for the support for Biafra. This coming after Biafra had invaded Midwest and was pushing toward Lagos. Now, tell me how this makes sense. Only irrational folk of a certain stock can make sense out of this.

1 Like

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Mrchippychappy(m): 10:34pm On Aug 03, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

You keep mentioning Afonja when your effeminate fathers never started a successful riot not to talk if winning a war. Afonja had a record of winning ALL his wars and losing just a single one. That was his last war.

On the other hand, mention a single war won by any Igbo man living or dead.

Even the Aba women riot was started by your women and led by a Yoruba Woman, Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti. She led Aba Women's Riot, Banjo led the only Biafran offensive in the civil war.

You flatheaded mofos are our b!tches and we own you.

Lol there they go again, trying to re-write history.

2 Likes

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Okoyiboz3: 10:36pm On Aug 03, 2017
I hope the people of the SS and middle belt are reading this thread very carefully.

Kanu called his own Igbo people piglets and idiots this morning. Now, the people he called idiots and piglets are calling Banjo a traitor.

This same Banjo died for the Biafran cause when Ojuku ran from Abakaliki to Abidjan like a molue lorry that failed brakes.

Any tribe that follows the Igbos in their journey of perdition is doomed.

Mark my words.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Okoyiboz3: 10:38pm On Aug 03, 2017
Mrchippychappy:

Lol there they go again, trying to re-write history.

Where was your father when Banjo was leading the Biafran army offensive?

Why did Ojuku run away from the battle front like a squirrel on steroids and hand over to Effiong?

Mention a single Igbo man who led an offensive in the Biafran war.

Mention any war in history won by any Igbo man dead or alive.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by obiezed: 10:40pm On Aug 03, 2017
nkemdi89:

Nzeogwu is not an IBO man, he was from Midwest and he didn't carry the act as one, they wanted sanity and as a young major full of hormones, he organized a coup, which unfortunately had many people in north affected and he did that for awolowo too. The problem with Nigeria started with the youths and that's why the elders of today are afraid to relinquished power to youths, so that what happened in the 60s won't repeat itself. Assuming the killings targeted every tribes equally it wouldn't have raised sentiments. The North's are yet to forgive IBO's for the killings of their leaders.
So sorry to correct you,but Nzeogwu was an Igbo Man, though he was from the Midwest,an Okpanam man is an Igbo man.the problem is the ease with which the northern establishment blamed all igbos for the actions of a few,that is the genesis of the situation we are in today.

2 Likes

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Mrchippychappy(m): 10:41pm On Aug 03, 2017
Okoyiboz3:
I hope the people of the SS and middle belt are reading this thread very carefully.

Kanu called his own Igbo people piglets and idiots this morning. Now, the people he called idiots and piglets are calling Banjo a traitor.

This same Banjo died for the Biafran cause when Ojuku ran from Abakaliki to Abidjan like a molue lorry that failed brakes.

Mark my words.

Because everybody get data and access to Nairaland no mean say everybody carry the same thing for head. Guy abeg go and read more about the events that transpired between the Banjo and Ojukwu. Why make a radio announcement WITHOUT the permission of highest authority? Why did Banjo halt his advance for 6hrs? it was within this 6 hr period that, for some mysterious reason, the FG got an anonymous tip off and started placing road blocks all over the same route banjo and his troops were heading towards. Your people are snakes and the head of the serpent must be bruised.

4 Likes

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Okoyiboz3: 10:42pm On Aug 03, 2017
Mrchippychappy:

Because everybody get data and access to Nairaland no mean say everybody carry the same thing for head. Guy abeg go and read more about the events that transpired between the Banjo and Ojukwu. Why make a radio announcement WITHOUT the permission of highest authority? Why did Banjo halt his advance for 6hrs? it was within this 6 hr period that, for some mysterious reason, the FG got an anonymous tip off and started placing road blocks all over the same route banjo and his troops were heading towards. Your people are snakes and the head of the serpent must be bruised.

If Banjo halted an advance for 6 hours, it was within his discretion as a military commander.

You can't understand military tactics as you come from a long lineage of losers.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Jabioro: 10:42pm On Aug 03, 2017
Mrchippychappy:

You dummy, who is denying that Anioma and Asaba are Igbos? it is YOU opioro head afonja subhumans that keep trying to bring enmity between the Delta speaking Igbos and the South Eastern Igbos.
Can you give us any selfless support any Ibo man had ever given to any tribe or any critical advise he /she ever give during the war to safe.. rather than how to filled his pocket and corner his house hood.. Check your Nnamidi Kanu today selling dubious Biafra passport to your people...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Okoyiboz3: 10:44pm On Aug 03, 2017
Jabioro:
Can you give us any selfless support any Ibo man had ever given to any tribe or any critical advise he /she ever give during the war to safe.. rather than how to filled his pocket and corner his house hood.. Check your Nnamidi Kanu today selling dubious Biafra passport to your people...

Forget Igbos supporting others, Igbos are the downfall of fellow Igbos.

Look at how Evans kidnapped only Igbos.
Even Ojukwu ensured his people were wiped out before he ran away.

Ojuku was so shameless that he ran from Abakaliki to Abidjan and then came back to collect Federal Government pension for his excellence in long-distance running.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by logica(m): 10:46pm On Aug 03, 2017
Mrchippychappy:

it was within this 6 hr period that, for some mysterious reason, the FG got an anonymous tip off and started placing road blocks all over the same route banjo and his troops were heading towards. Your people are snakes and the head of the serpent must be bruised.
Oh! So who do you think tipped Gowon off?
Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by obiezed: 10:46pm On Aug 03, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

Which mission?

Mention 1 Igbo soldier who won an advance during the Biafran war.

You can't mention any cos the Biafran Army made only ONE advance during the war and it was led by Banjo.

You bloody ingrate come here and talk trash about Banjo.

I repeat, where was your father when Banjo was leading the Biafran advance? He must have been peeling yam for women to pound. Efulefu.
Lies and lies from someone who knows nothing about the war.
Col Hannibal achuzie just to mention one.
The nigerians lost far more soldiers than the biafrans,the biafrans lost more civilians.
The biafrans push the Nigerian army out of Onitsha once in '67and out of Owerri twice in "69.
The abagana skirmish just to mention a few.
Th

3 Likes

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by laudate: 10:46pm On Aug 03, 2017
logica:
Do you realize that to deepen the conspiracy and create confusion, the then Biafran appointed administrator of Midwest called Gowon to warn him about a fake assassination plot (supposedly planned by Banjo and his group). It was an anonymous call and Lagos took it seriously; mounting roadblocks and checkpoints as counter measure.

When this same administrator was later asked why he warned Gowon (after all his assassination would have profited Biafra), he claimed he issued the warning because there was supposed to be meeting of Heads of States of African countries and he saw that as the best opportunity for the support for Biafra. This coming after Biafra had invaded Midwest and was pushing toward Lagos. Now, tell me how this makes sense. Only irrational folk of a certain stock can make sense out of this.
Bro,' only God can make sense of the mindset of this people. sad They seem to thrive on illogicality. These are the same people that will insult and vilify other ethnic groups, forgetting that no one has a monopoly of swear words, bile and insults. Then after those they insulted have retaliated, these same people who cast the first stone, will then turn round to cry that they are being maltreated. Very unserious people. undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by laudate: 10:47pm On Aug 03, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

Mark my words.
You hit da nail on di head! wink

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 03, 2017
Mrchippychappy:
Banjo was a traitor, I have read the full transcript, shame about it but Ojukwu did what had to be done by executing him. Traitors are dangerous

Your people are racists and ungrateful elements. When I was in a regimental institution some years ago, I had read so many books about the coups in Ghana and Nigeria, but later schooling in your land on study leave made me to understand your people better. It is better to give you quit notice out of Nigeria.

You are so selfish. Nothing is good except it is your people. No actor / actress or businessman or footballer or musician is good except it is from your area. Rice mills investment in Kebbi is nothing to you but a poultry farm established by your brother can take 20 pages of comments on nairaland. Establishment of petrochemical & refinery by a Nigerian businessman attracts a lot of condemnation by your people but you fought government as a people some years ago to protect your brother importing cement to repackage while others invest to produce locally.

Anybody who made Forbes nomination must be insulted on nairaland because they are not your people, but you soon forgot that establishment of refinery at Lekki FTZ is a wastage because electric motors are being rolled out when we are appreciating local petrol / diesel vehicles being produced in your region by an investor. You are the greatest traitors.

I think Afenifere , OPC and those crude talkative like FFK & Fayose need to situp. I had expected one of them to reply Prof ABC Nwosu while attacking Awolowo to defend the book 'There was a country' written by Prof Chinua Achebe few years ago, none of them did. I responded but not satisfied. Those making the money using the Yoruba as a coverage are well positioned to do that.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Okoyiboz3: 10:49pm On Aug 03, 2017
obiezed:

Lies and lies from someone who knows nothing about the war.
Col Hannibal achuzie just to mention one.
The nigerians lost far more soldiers than the biafrans,the biafrans lost more civilians.
The biafrans push the Nigerian army out of Onitsha once in '67and out of Owerri twice in "69.
The abagana skirmish just to mention a few.
Th

Abagana skirmish ko, Abakaliki riot ni. It's like you need me to subtitle my post into Igbo for you to understand.

I said mention one ADVANCE of the Biafran army and you're telling me of counter-attacks.

If the Biafran army had advanced, would they be retaking Onitsha and Owerri from Federal hands? Doesn't that tell you that they were beaten back?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by discman2k2(m): 10:51pm On Aug 03, 2017
cescky:
chaley grin

i de read but this is too much na

summerise pls

I can possibly predict what your academic qualifications could be anytime, anyday.

If u can not read long Essays, that means ypu never were good with "English Comprehension"
way back in school. Or are u still in JSS?

Haba!!

1 Like

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Jabioro: 10:52pm On Aug 03, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

Forget Igbos supporting others, Igbos are the downfall of fellow Igbos.

Look at how Evans kidnapped only Igbos.
Even Ojukwu ensured his people were wiped out before he ran away.

Ojuku was so shameless that he ran from Abakaliki to Abidjan and then came back to collect Federal Government pension for his excellence in long-distance running.
I concur... the same way this Kanu is programming the present followers.. they can't dissect tomorrow.. with today's matter..

3 Likes

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by pazienza(m): 10:52pm On Aug 03, 2017
nkemdi89:

Nzeogwu is not an IBO man, he was from Midwest and he didn't carry the act as one, they wanted sanity and as a young major full of hormones, he organized a coup, which unfortunately had many people in north affected and he did that for awolowo too. The problem with Nigeria started with the youths and that's why the elders of today are afraid to relinquished power to youths, so that what happened in the 60s won't repeat itself. Assuming the killings targeted every tribes equally it wouldn't have raised sentiments. The North's are yet to forgive IBO's for the killings of their leaders.

Nzeogwu was an Igbo man. We have Igbos in Mid-west, today's Delta and Edo states.

2 Likes

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by obiezed: 10:54pm On Aug 03, 2017
laudate:

So anyone who disagrees with you is an Afonja? You are clueless. And for the record it is not the Yorubas or any other ethnic group that say the people of Asaba, Anioma etc are not Igbo. It is the indigenes of those places themselves, that say so by claiming they are Ika and not Igbo. Go and do your research and stop telling lies here! sad
For you info,Anioma is different from ika,you guys never travel ,so you won't know the difference, kindly do due diligence, it is the ika who say they are not Igbo due to their shared history with the binis,despite their language and culture has no similitude with bini.an Anioma man will tell you he is Igbo albeit delta Igbo.
Just to correct erroneous info.
Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by pazienza(m): 10:54pm On Aug 03, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

I swear, these Igbos are very deceitful people. Look at how they're denying Nzeogwu!

This is how they opposed Kachikwu getting the NNPC saying he's not a core Igbo man.

Why are they cursed with bitterness and hatred?

Stop typing nonsense.
No Igbo man will ever deny Nzeogwu his Igbo ethnicity.

4 Likes

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Okoyiboz3: 10:55pm On Aug 03, 2017
pazienza:

Nzeogwu was an Igbo man. We have Igbos in Mid-west, today's Delta and Edo states.

I hope none Igbos supporting Biafra can see how Igbos are tossing them around like Ojuku's manhood?

This is a taste of what non-igbos would suffer in Biafra.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 03, 2017
The man who laid the ground work for the federal troops to re-take the Mid West was Samuel Ogbemudia,who would later go on to be the governor of what would become Bendel State. Why is his name not in this story?

2 Likes

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Okoyiboz3: 10:57pm On Aug 03, 2017
pazienza:

Stop typing nonsense.
No Igbo man will ever deny Nzeogwu his Igbo ethnicity.

Shibuke, e be like say you put earpiece for eye. Read the post below:

nkemdi89:

Nzeogwu is not an IBO man, he was from Midwest.

The above post was written by your fellow Igbo.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by pazienza(m): 10:57pm On Aug 03, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

I hope none Igbos supporting Biafra can see how Igbos are tossing them around like Ojuku's manhood?

This is a taste of what non-igbos would suffer in Biafra.

The person I quoted is not Igbo. No Igbo on or offline had ever denied the Igbo ethnicity of Okpanam people.

Go and sleep.

3 Likes

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Okoyiboz3: 10:58pm On Aug 03, 2017
pazienza:

The person I quoted is not Igbo. No Igbo on or offline had ever denied the Igbo ethnicity of Okpanam people.

Go and sleep.

Ladies and gentlemen, it has finally happened!

Igbos have started denying themselves on Nairaland! grin grin grin grin

Jetleeee, ODVanguard safiaapussy, come and see Abakalikiwonder.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by laudate: 11:00pm On Aug 03, 2017
obiezed:
For you info,Anioma is different from ika,you guys never travel ,so you won't know the difference, kindly do due diligence, it is the ika who say they are not Igbo due to their shared history with the binis,despite their language and culture has no similitude with bini.an Anioma man will tell you he is Igbo albeit delta Igbo.
Just to correct erroneous info.
Oga, go back and read what your friend Mrchippychappy wrote. I merely responded to his erroneous assertions. sad And you have not traveled up and down the breath of Anioma area. If you had, you would still find a number of indigenes from there who would tell you they are not Igbo, in the same way you would also find those who affirm their Igbo identity, with all seriousness. undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by laudate: 11:00pm On Aug 03, 2017
mansakhalifa:
The man who laid the ground work for the federal troops to re-take the Mid West was Samuel Ogbemudia,who would later go on to be the governor of what would become Bendel State. Why is his name not in this story?

Oga, you need to ask the OP. Maybe he wanted to concentrate on Banjo's story. Samuel Osaigbovo Ogbemudia is still highly respected among the Edo people till today. May his soul rest in perfect peace.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by obiezed: 11:03pm On Aug 03, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

Abagana skirmish ko, Abakaliki riot ni. It's like you need me to subtitle my post into Igbo for you to understand.

I said mention one ADVANCE of the Biafran army and you're telling me of counter-attacks.

If the Biafran army had advanced, would they be retaking Onitsha and Owerri from Federal hands? Doesn't that tell you that they were beaten back?
Look cretin,that was a answer to your previous point ,if the army didn't advance for their position,can they retake lost ground.also note,the Nigerian army never advanced beyond orji river until the end of the war.the first Nigerian boots to step in IHO and Mbaise were in January'70.
Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Dalecoin: 11:04pm On Aug 03, 2017
Ok
Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by nkemdi89(f): 11:05pm On Aug 03, 2017
laudate:

Abeg, stop your fake propaganda. angry Chukwuma Nzeogwu was a full blooded Igbo man, who hailed from Okpanam Town where the Asaba Airport was built between Asaba, Ibuzo, and Okpaba in Anioma. sad
And who told you the aniomas claim to be IBO's.
Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by Mrchippychappy(m): 11:05pm On Aug 03, 2017
pazienza:

Go and sleep.

No mind the subhuman slaves, trying to play the "convenience" card against the igbos, when it is convenient they say delta igbos are not igbos and when it is inconvenient then they say yes delta igbos are igbos. When a man from the South South is apprehended for criminal activities he becomes "omo Igbo" but when a man from the South South makes disparaging comments about the Igbos, then they laugh and say "Ïgbos are trying to force affiliation with the South South" , its a shame most igbos can't see through the deceptive and slave like nature of this slimy, scumbag filths.

2 Likes

Re: "I'm Not Dead Yet!": The Story Of Victor Banjo by obiezed: 11:06pm On Aug 03, 2017
laudate:

Oga, you need to ask the OP. Maybe he wanted to concentrate on Banjo's story. Samuel Osaigbovo Ogbemudia is still highly respected among the Edo people till today. May his soul rest in perfect peace.
He was taking a jab at you for the common insinuation that an anioma isn't an Igbo man only when it suits the argument,other times he will be reffered to as. Niger deltan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nneoma Nkechi And Rochas Okorocha Dance At Her 50th Birthday (Photo) / 2023: Fresh Crisis In PDP Over Saraki’s Rumoured Presidential Bid / Kogi Election Tribunal: APC Legal Team Leader Angrily Stormed Out Of Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.