Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,079 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

What Does The Bible Say About Laziness? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Say About Laziness? (8963 Views)

How The Bible Shows That Abortion Is The Murder Of A Living Thing / What Does The Bible Say About An Unhappy Marriage? / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does The Bible Say About Laziness? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:43pm On Jul 01, 2017
What does the Bible say about laziness? Why is the Bible so against someone being a sluggard?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Laziness? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
"Yet a little sleep, yet a little slumber; so does poverty come to a slothful man"

- Verse unknown.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Laziness? by Caustics: 7:45am On Jul 02, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
What does the Bible say about laziness? Why is the Bible so against someone being a sluggard?
angry if you want to be a lazy sluggard go ahead, nobody will trouble you. the bible is not against them, but talks of the consequences of their laziness

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Laziness? by MrMontella(m): 7:46am On Jul 02, 2017
Wetin concern me with that mumu book
That book adds no value to modern human life.

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Laziness? by Jamiubond009(m): 7:46am On Jul 02, 2017
There is no room for laziness in the life of a
Christian. A new believer is truthfully taught that “…
it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—
and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—
not by works, so that no one can boast” ( Ephesians
2:8-9 ). But a believer can become idle if he
erroneously believes God expects no fruit from a
transformed life. “For we are God's workmanship,
created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which
God prepared in advance for us to do” (Ephesians
2:10 ). Christians are not saved by works, but they
do show their faith by their works (James 2:18 , 26 ).
Slothfulness violates God’s purpose—good works.
The Lord, however, empowers Christians to
overcome the flesh’s propensity to laziness by
giving us a new nature (2 Corinthians 5:17 ).

12 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Laziness? by famousroland(m): 7:46am On Jul 02, 2017
Don't be Lazy,Go to church.. happy Sunday all

3 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Laziness? by Kennitrust(m): 7:47am On Jul 02, 2017
the Bible simply say: Bros, No give lazy man chop

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Laziness? by chauvinist(m): 7:47am On Jul 02, 2017
Typing from my bed.... Abeg day don break??!!!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Laziness? by Agbafs2005(m): 7:48am On Jul 02, 2017
undecided
Go church....u go know wetin bible talk concerning a lazy man.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Laziness? by Slurity(m): 7:48am On Jul 02, 2017
Bible said they will die of hunger
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Laziness? by Buking1: 7:49am On Jul 02, 2017
Proverbs 10v5,He who gathers crops in summer is a wise son, but he who sleeps during harvest is a disgraceful son.
15-19,
The way of the sluggard is blocked with thorns, but the path of the upright is a highway

7 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Laziness? by Agbafs2005(m): 7:49am On Jul 02, 2017
MrMontella:
Mr mutulla.....hmmmm

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Laziness? by SheIsElle(f): 7:49am On Jul 02, 2017

13 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Laziness? by Eazybay(m): 7:49am On Jul 02, 2017
True..

Still gat some VOGUE shades for y'all

Check my signature..

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Laziness? by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 02, 2017
I'm counting my money so i can't hear you
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Laziness? by chauvinist(m): 7:49am On Jul 02, 2017
iamadonis2:
"Yet a little sleep, yet a little slumber; so does poverty come to a slothful man"

- Verse unknown.
it's in the Quran

Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep:

Proverbs:24:33

3 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Laziness? by Kennitrust(m): 7:49am On Jul 02, 2017
today Sunday,
plenty restaurants no go open today

so...

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Laziness? by GMBITLY(m): 7:50am On Jul 02, 2017
The bible is against sluggard because our Lord worked for 6days and 7day He rested.

If you are God's Child, you must work

For Faith with no work is foolishness. James Chapter 2

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Laziness? by Slurity(m): 7:50am On Jul 02, 2017
MrMontella:
That book you called mumu will soon be what your life depends on. quote me and note it in your diary

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Laziness? by longsnake(m): 7:51am On Jul 02, 2017
Proverbs 22:13 lazy people stay at home: They say lion might get them if they go outside. grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Laziness? by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 02, 2017
When laziness fall on you, brethren in the Lord there is nothing for a lazy man in my fathers kingdom

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Laziness? by Heromaniaa: 7:51am On Jul 02, 2017
No food for lazy man. What you sow is what you reap. But if you become stupendously rich- No Kingdom for you.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Laziness? by kullozone(m): 7:52am On Jul 02, 2017
Even pastors have to work hard to brain wash and exploit their members, so who're you to remain lazy and expect wealth.
Did I make sense

But why is everyone allowed to Type shii on Christian threads but have to swear one yeye oat before commenting on Allahu akbar threads?
I nor be Christian but I nor jus like the special treatment $eun give to the bombers.
Did I even make any sense

4 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Laziness? by Snow5(m): 7:52am On Jul 02, 2017
SheIsElle:
meaning what? you sound stupid.

I was once stupid like him.. Until time reveals to me that the Bible is the standard for life.

Give him time my sister.

He knows nothing yet.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Laziness? by MrMontella(m): 7:53am On Jul 02, 2017
Slurity:
That book you called mumu will soon be what your life depends on. quote me and note it in your diary
same thing for you.
your life will soon depend on the Quran.
note it down

3 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Laziness? by abrahym(m): 7:55am On Jul 02, 2017
The Bible says

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Laziness? by MrMontella(m): 7:55am On Jul 02, 2017
Agbafs2005:

Mr mutulla.....hmmmm
?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Laziness? by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 02, 2017
what about those xtians that preach in buses on daily basis and demand for cash seed?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Laziness? by MrMontella(m): 7:56am On Jul 02, 2017
SheIsElle:
meaning what? you sound stupid.
should I report you to the mods?

show us the Christ in you miss.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Laziness? by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:57am On Jul 02, 2017
Proverbs 10v4, and Proverbs 12v27.... wink
Proverbs. 10v4, "Lazy hands make for poverty...."
Proverbs. 12v27, "The lazy do not roast any game...."
Even Hebrews 6v12 had something to say about Laziness in Faith.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Laziness? by MrMontella(m): 7:58am On Jul 02, 2017
Snow5:

I was once stupid like him.. Until time reveals to me that the Bible is the standard for life.

Give him time my sister.

He knows nothing yet.
Mr know it all.
if only you truly knew your Bible.
take your time and read your Bible, you'd find out there's more to the universe than that book .

thank me later

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are The Problems Of An Atheistic Position? / Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists / Was Jesus Married And Did He Fake His Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.