Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,442 members, 7,830,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Why I Left Christ Embassy Church - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church (145702 Views)

COVID-19: Christ Embassy Church Shut Down In Akwa Ibom State / FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja / Kairo’s Embassy Church, Uyo Pastor's Wife Lied To Him (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by nelson16(m): 4:32pm On Jul 02, 2017
Do not be deceived...if they say to you He is here, do not believe them...people whose God is their belly
freely have you received, freely give...

2 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 02, 2017
jaymejate:
THIS GUY is .... i'm sorry to say, is a fool.
you guys have totally forgotten that, the pastors are human being and not has perfect as Jesus u know.
they too always look for a way to get enlightened. so you too you are finding enlightenment that's why you're there.
teachings can never be perfect.
you are to take the ones that is useful to you and throw away the ones that are not.

the ministry of people is different. some is to teach holiness, some to teach on how to give, some is prosperity e.t.c.

and moreover, they didn't force you to give or did they point gun at you to give?
if they are not giving you what you want to hear, go to another place and stop making people feel like the church is diff.

MINISTRY OF EVERYONE IS DIFF.

you judging them, check Romans 2; 1-3
Nice words. The spirit shines in you.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by tete7000(m): 4:37pm On Jul 02, 2017
JimaeChinko:

Ignorance is your problem. If only you will take off pride and read. All through the New Testament even Jesus and Apostles quoted severally from the Old Testament.

The Bible manuscripts have been there like forever.

Your flawed logic is like saying Communication only came to be with the invention of iPhone. Crazy you. Humans have always communicated before our modern means of communication. The Bible starting from the Torah written on Stones by Moses down to the manuscripts kept by Scribes and to our modern times where we now have the complete Holy Bible in book form.

The foolishness of people like you is that you won't mind your business. Did I ask for your opinion or was I discussing with you? Stay off me and keep your stupid and useless opinion to yourself. I don't need it.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by gentlekeny(m): 4:38pm On Jul 02, 2017
free2ryhme:
Church will never take anybody to heaven.

God is more concern about your soul than your church

But the bible also says..."do not forsake the gathering of the brethren" Its in Hebrew
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by oladayo63(m): 4:38pm On Jul 02, 2017
Tosinex:
Christ embassy? Tahh!! I left that social gathering since school days, more than 9 year's ago, when one of the lady executive of the fellowship came up to minister with the shape of her V-jay showing glaring to the crowd due to the tight fisted trouser she wore. I and my friends just concluded it was going to be our last time in any of their gathering. And I was really growing there to become a leader there, with my Jerry curl hair and suit, omo con see fine boy hahaha. Anyways op you are invited to join Agape Christian Assembly, am sure you will love it.

Hello! Are you by any chance an ex-Futarian?
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by bukason212(m): 4:39pm On Jul 02, 2017
Benekruku:

Faith works with everything.

Pray to a coke bottle with faith and you will believe your prayers re answered.

It's a mindset!

Nothing is real!
I didn't say when u pray in that name, u just believe u have been answered. I said u will see and feel and even touch the solution in some cases. Like someone looking for a child or someone that has been very sick or someone that got a job, business connection or promotion at work when all hopes have been lost. U may saying some or all are coincidence. If so I choose to believe in such name so that such coincidences will be coming my way.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 02, 2017
jaymejate:
you guys have totally forgotten that, the pastors are human being and not has perfect as Jesus u know.
they too always look for a way to get enlightened. so you too you are finding enlightenment that's why you're there.
you are to take the ones that is useful to you and throw away the ones that are not.

the ministry of people is different. some is to teach holiness, some to teach on how to give, some is prosperity e.t.c.

and moreover, they didn't force you to give or did they point gun at you to give?
if they are not giving you what you want to hear, go to another place and stop making people feel like the church is diff.

And Matthew 5:22 says we should not call our brother a fool.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by PVision2020(m): 4:39pm On Jul 02, 2017
vicfuntop:

Let me use this opportunity to evangelize. I am inviting you to my church Assemblies of God
I must to follow this fine geh go church tongue
vicfuntop:

Let me use this opportunity to evangelize. I am inviting you to my church Assemblies of God
I must to follow this fine geh go church... Hope thugs will not break my head 4 AG sha?
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by wristbangle: 4:41pm On Jul 02, 2017
femo122:
embarassed

Those pictures na die gringrin
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Issokay(f): 4:42pm On Jul 02, 2017
I relate with the op. My teamlead got married to a pastor in CE and she put to bed 4 months later. I no know how dem do am ooo!!

7 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 02, 2017
tete7000:

The foolishness of people like you is that you won't mind your business. Did I ask for your opinion or was I discussing with you? Stay off me and keep your stupid and useless opinion to yourself. I don't need it.

So I should allow an ignorant slowpoke like you deceive people with your false statement?

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Heavance(m): 4:52pm On Jul 02, 2017
It is not only Christ Embassy that people are not applying wisdom....
I feel shocked these days when I hear pastors pray in the name of the God of #######, and I am baffled.
I know of God if Elijah, God of Moses, God of Abraham etc, not the one that Nigerians have brought about again.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by RaptorX: 4:53pm On Jul 02, 2017
Most Nigerian churches are nothing more than business centers with the pastors as CEO. Visited Nigeria last year and my sister invited me to her church and I meet her pastor who after noticing I came from abroad mysteriously showed up in our house a few days later purportedly to pay us a visit only to invite me to come see him in the office after the Tuesday service which I attended with my sister(don't evend understand why people go to church on a tuesday)

After the Tuesday service I went to his office thinking we are going to pray or maybe do some spiritual work only for the man to tell me God told him that I should do something big for his church like donating #10 million or buying a #6 million generator for the church and that I must do it before I go back. I was like have heard and I will get back to him and quickly take my leave.

16 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by tete7000(m): 4:55pm On Jul 02, 2017
JimaeChinko:

So I should allow an ignorant slowpoke like you deceive people with your false statement?

If they ask stupid person like you to define the bible, you will tell your brainwashed follower it is the same as torah. If they ask you to differentiate between christianity and judaism, you will tell nonentities like you they are one and the same.

See, this definition of ignorance calling someone ignorant. You really must be sick. Maybe the guy that started this tread who just freed himself from mumu like you might need your help but trust me that guy vowed he won't patronise freelance prophets like you again. Now he understand how difficult to extract any truth from your likes.

You will almost tell your children, Jesus and apostles quoted from the bible. I am sorry for them.

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 02, 2017
free2ryhme:

You better shut up if you don't have any reasonable comment to say
He gave salient points and arguments to prove what goes on with Christ embassy
If you think otherwise prove him wrong and once again stop shouting
Simple!
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by OlaSammie: 4:56pm On Jul 02, 2017
itsmeurLady:

I cld hug you for this ryt now, God bless u abundantly for standing for the truth, God bless you!!!

Just imagine what you're supporting. Your previous post is kinda okay but this one is wrong. There is nothing like his ministry is different. If your ministry isn't Jesus,then you're on the wrong track.

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by stancydg: 4:57pm On Jul 02, 2017
Tosinex:
Christ embassy? Tahh!! I left that social gathering since school days, more than 9 year's ago, when one of the lady executive of the fellowship came up to minister with the shape of her V-jay showing glaring to the crowd due to the tight fisted trouser she wore. I and my friends just concluded it was going to be our last time in any of their gathering. And I was really growing there to become a leader there, with my Jerry curl hair and suit, omo con see fine boy hahaha. Anyways op you are invited to join Agape Christian Assembly, am sure you will love it.

Bro, I attend the headquarter church of Agape Christian Ministries/Assembly in Akure, otherwise known as Possibility ground. Guess its the branch church you attend in Lagos, if its the same church we're talking about here. I am sorry to say that despite the fact that our bishop will be worried about the issues raised by OP, he MAY be more worried at your comment, because if there's anything I have learnt from him, from a distance, it is his utmost lack of prejudice, apart from undeniable meekness, which every one attests to since his life, family and home have been very much open to church folks and the public. His wife says he is the most secure man she's met and we see it. I have watched him closely for years now and I am yet to see a trace of hypocrisy in him. Even though I am not a worker in the church, my own life has improved just by observing the way he deals with his wife, kids, pastors and members of the church. He will never judge or condemn anyone more so, those who bear the name of our Lord Jesus. I have become less judgemental too and I think you should emulate that, especially now that you are inviting someone to join us.Thanks.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by oksmart1992(m): 4:58pm On Jul 02, 2017
happyheart:
Poster I am.shocked at you
I am not a member of Christ embassy but I am shocked at some of the things you shared
Firstly.. As a christian you have to give. No one in Christ embassy will encourage you to steal to give. Those who did/do are obviously trying to impress man and not God.
Secondly.. No where ever did pastor Anita accuse pastor Christ of adultery.Google is your friend! She listed abandonment, the fact that several checks on her before she could access master tapes of pastor messages and also the fact that lots of female pastors lived in white house(official residence) of pastor. Not once did she mention adultery.
Thirdly Pastor Chris is not an idol. People respect him and celebrate him. Those who idolizes him do so at their own detriment. Several msgs preached on CDs and in rhapsody talks about sin. The church doesn't condone sin. That you sinned as a leader doesn't mean you were encouraged to do so.
All you did was find fault! In a human institution, you must find faults. But the only snag is that you had to condemn and speak ill of the church. Man you are not born again!!!!!
Even if you go to Mfm or Catholic, you will still find fault.
At this point forget CE, forget PST Chris. Run your own race Oga. Repent!!! Return to God.salvation is personal
Its well with you
i dont really know why some of you women are so gullible.... . Itz not your fault though, the senselessness of women have been reflecting since the time of Eve

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Truefaith: 4:58pm On Jul 02, 2017
You should thank God for waking you up on the cult of evil in Prosperity/Word of Faith and Dominion churches. The CE is just a normal example of the rut of the evil. Check www.thetruechristianfaith.com. You should get materials that will help you in knowing the true God and Saviour Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by nkemdi89(f): 4:59pm On Jul 02, 2017
connectpoint:

Baby this is cute oh... Nice location...I'm shocked you still believe in this Osu system...the thing still strong like that ?..
I dont believe in it.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by wristbangle: 5:00pm On Jul 02, 2017
akagaba:

Dont mind the he goat

You don't have to insult the OP to pass your message. I know you are CE member and I am very disappointed to see this heresis been spewed from your mouth. This is the reason why atheist is on the increase lately. How can a Christian make this kind of utterance u just made?
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by chrisnwoke1(m): 5:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
Marchman:
I have not posted in a while but if you have followed my previous posts, you would know that I used to attend Christ Embassy Church, even though I had reservations about some of their teachings. I finally left the church, phew!
I will use this thread to explain why I quit the church and why I may never attend another Pentecostal/Charismatic church which now appears to me like a sole proprietorship, with the General Overseer or lead pastor as the owner.

1. Excessive premium on Giving money

In Christ Embassy the number one thing they lay emphasis on is giving money. The church can use any tactic to get money from members, including manipulation, threats and the likes. While there is nothing wrong with giving money or time, I believe everything should be balanced and moderate. I think that was why St Paul said we should not give out of target, or threat but as we decide in our heart. In CE, there is nothing like moderation or balance when it comes to giving. They tend to believe literally that everything answers to money. You don’t have a job, give and sow seed. You are infertile, give and sow seed. Your father is sick, give and sow seed. Every message ends with a charge to give money. They collect tithes, offerings, partnerships (money), seeds (more money), first fruits (your whole income in January) and plethora of others.

You are also charged to give for Pastor Chris’s birthday and for all the other pastors. And for projects and the likes too.

Before I started worshipping with the Church, I read the story of the account clerk at the Sheraton Hotel who stole from his employers to give to the church. As a member, I could relate with the man. The Church is obsessed with money. They do not mind how or where you get it. If you want to rise or be noticed or win awards, just give big money. It is this obsession with money that led it to start collecting gate fees from members for its New Year Service at the LoveWorld Convocation Arena in Lagos, which ironically was built by the offerings of the members charged to get in. A lot of people I know personally had gone broke, had their businesses ruined, or fallen out with a loved one because of this teaching by the church.

In summary, at CE, money is everything- EVERYTHING.

I EXPERIENCED EXACTLY SAME THING BEFORE LEAVING MANY YEARS AGO

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by taiwo3489(m): 5:02pm On Jul 02, 2017
operakeyz98:
All your words about Christ Embassy tells me that you never attend the Church even for a time, because if you do you will not be saying this trash that is coming from your mouth.
I believe you are one of anti pastor Chris from the first day of your life..let me tell you the fact, i have been to the church and i know how God has touch my life through the man of God..
I did not blame because even Jesus was criticise by His own people and His brother never believed him when he was alive until after his resurrection..
like wise you will never believe in the man of God until you need a reason to do so...
Bible says "Touch not my anointing and do my prophet no harm".
so i advice you not to speak negative about any man of God..
Go and learn the repercussion of that when Moses Sister, Mariam said negative words concerning Moses. She became a leper immediately...

Waiting for the OP to become a lepar undecided
operakeyz98:
All your words about Christ Embassy tells me that you never attend the Church even for a time, because if you do you will not be saying this trash that is coming from your mouth.
I believe you are one of anti pastor Chris from the first day of your life..let me tell you the fact, i have been to the church and i know how God has touch my life through the man of God..
I did not blame because even Jesus was criticise by His own people and His brother never believed him when he was alive until after his resurrection..
like wise you will never believe in the man of God until you need a reason to do so...
Bible says "Touch not my anointing and do my prophet no harm".
so i advice you not to speak negative about any man of God..
Go and learn the repercussion of that when Moses Sister, Mariam said negative words concerning Moses. She became a leper immediately...

Waiting for the OP to become a lepar

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 02, 2017
nkemdi89:

I dont believe in it.

Okay...Na wa oh..This one you refuse your pastor [proposal like this...Nkem...Nkem..Nkem...How many times i call you?
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by hucienda: 5:07pm On Jul 02, 2017
ayenitre:
I don't know if I can worship in Nigerian churches again. A redeem pastor I met in US tried to make me worship in his church using the tagline " aren't you tired of the white men's boring kind of worship" to which I replied "are you really confirming Nigerian's kind of worship is some sort of entertainment?"

As a Catholic, if there's a Nigerian version of Catholicism in the US, I'd still dig the white man's kind.

And I'm very pan-African in my views.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by august2224(m): 5:08pm On Jul 02, 2017
[/color]
jaymejate:

[color=#990000]
jaymejate:

jaymejate:

pls lets maintain decorum while addressing issues.
on d issue of different ministries, we nid to note that the ministries may be different, however, they are complementary and not opposed to each oda.
many Christians are naive when it comes to the issue of judgment: the bible tells us to test all spirits- yes test all spirits. to test is to check and judge the actions of these spirits via a human being (church leader, choir director, worship leader, etc) to see if they conform to biblical standards.
Apostle was happy when he preached to the Buerians (i am not sure of the right spelling pls) and they left and cross-checked (they went and judged all he taught on the standard of d bible) all they heard by reading and understanding the scriptures themselves. He was happy to call them WISE. some pastors who are not worthy to untie Apostle Paul's foot wear today will be forming i know it all. if i preach, do not crosscheck or judge it- coz it is directly from God. SMH

6 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by holybabayo(m): 5:11pm On Jul 02, 2017
akagaba:
Christ Embassy does not preach sin rather they preach righteousness, thats the gospel of Jesus Christ. But they rebuke sin and guide d members on how to live a righteous life. Its similar to the fact that they dont preach hell but heaven but guides members on how to become a citizen of heaven and not a hell candidate so OP, u need to be saved.

We have all got to be tired of all these accusations against CE. I was a member there and rose up to PCF leader and children church pastor. But i just got tired of defending the church instead of defending the gospel when i go for outreaches. I still love the church. Sometimes i miss it. But i have peace now. As for what this op said, i agree with him. But I will advice him to keep quiet on what he does not know for sure: fornication.

6 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Chikelue2000(m): 5:12pm On Jul 02, 2017
JimaeChinko:

Very true. Even with the unbiblical theory of Rome put in our face by Catholics instead of Jerusalem. It is better for one to be a member of the worst church than in the most holiest of all mosque.
u just polished dis, grateful bro
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by free2ryhme: 5:12pm On Jul 02, 2017
gentlekeny:

But the bible also says..."do not forsake the gathering of the brethren" Its in Hebrew

People like you are the ones fake pastor use for rituals

2 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Bondesniger(m): 5:13pm On Jul 02, 2017
bigtt76:
Toh! You've said it all. The Church today has become an avenue of theatrical acts and followers hip rather than fellowship. The pastor's word supercedes God's word these days hence we now have pastors being called daddy or mummy.

Their photographs now are a source of protection to our homes or properties. It has become the equivalent to the mark of blood God directed the Israelite to have on their door posts while preparing to leave Egypt.

We blame a religion that kill in the name of their God but the truth is some church members would do same not for their God but their pastors.
WELL SAID DEAR
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Chikelue2000(m): 5:14pm On Jul 02, 2017
itsmeurLady:

U have found me, how
will reply u in another post
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Obascoetubi: 5:14pm On Jul 02, 2017
fyneguy:

another:

Re: T.B Joshua Returns Elderly Woman’s Half-a- Million Naira Tithe by Marchman: 10:55am On Jul 05, 2015
If it's Christ Embassy, they will collect the money and ask for first fruits, seeds of different shades, healing school offering, partnerships pastor birthday seeds and many more. By the time they are through with her, she won't have enough to feed herself.

(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)
Tb joshua is the owner of tithes?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (31) (Reply)

List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December / Serah Joshua And Promise Joshua: TB Joshua's Daughters (Photos) / Pastor U. Uden Dennis Arrested Over Sunday Service In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.