Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,786 members, 7,831,544 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Why I Left Christ Embassy Church - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church (145768 Views)

COVID-19: Christ Embassy Church Shut Down In Akwa Ibom State / FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja / Kairo’s Embassy Church, Uyo Pastor's Wife Lied To Him (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Slai1: 3:44pm On Jul 02, 2017
Gourdoinc:
anytime a man discovers he has been fooled all along, it's time his family members bade him "good morning". so my brother on behalf of nairaland, I bade you good morning. you have suddenly awoken from the shackles of charlatans on pulpits and today I can say you are "born again". do not repeat the same cycle In another church, because time and time again it has been proven that people who in the first instance attended such churches like the one you did, have a Mumu gene. thus cast away that gene and seek Christ in truth of who he is and what he represents. this must not necessarily be found in any gathering of any sort. it should be found in how you live and conduct yourself in the remaining days you have to sojourn this hateful and hypocritical earth. have a blessed sunday

It's unbiblical for a child of God to stay on his own without fellow shipping with others.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by NovusHomo(m): 3:45pm On Jul 02, 2017
Gourdoinc:
anytime a man discovers he has been fooled all along, it's time his family members bade him "good morning". so my brother on behalf of nairaland, I bade you good morning. you have suddenly awoken from the shackles of charlatans on pulpits and today I can say you are "born again". do not repeat the same cycle In another church, because time and time again it has been proven that people who in the first instance attended such churches like the one you did, have a Mumu gene. thus cast away that gene and seek Christ in truth of who he is and what he represents. this must not necessarily be found in any gathering of any sort. it should be found in how you live and conduct yourself in the remaining days you have to sojourn this hateful and hypocritical earth. have a blessed sunday

Seeking Jesus is, in itself, the greatest sign of "MUMUNESS".

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 02, 2017
I only attend ce to look for girls to fùck,their girls love fuçking alot

2 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by MVLOX(m): 3:47pm On Jul 02, 2017
Marchman:
2. Sin Means Nothing at CE
Their teaching regarding to sin is so liberal. They rarely even mention it. The belief is that a Christian cannot sin, but only do wrong. The implicit message here is that ‘if you are saved, you are always saved’. You are a son of God and nothing you do or do not do can change the fact. In other words, heaven is sure. I am really not versed in the Bible to argue with this but what I know is that, this teaching is dangerous. It is like giving one a blank cheque or immunity from sin. What you have is a morally decadent church, starting from the top. Sexual sins are so rampant. You must have read the allegations of Pst Anita against her husband, that he was screwing some top female pastors. Such allegations are common in the church and I believe Pst Anita was very naïve in not understanding what was happening under her nose for decades!

It is not just PSt Chris that has been accused of fornication; his younger brother Rev Ken was also accused of impregnating a member of the South African Church when he pastored it. My friend who was in the church at that time (he also has left) told me that in all practical terms, Rev Ken had a harem in SA, with all manners of girls, mainly young university girls, living in his house. His wife was leading the church at Isolo, Lagos at that time. Apart of the Oyakhilome brothers, sin (or wrong-doing since a Christian cannot sin, according to their belief) is very common among the pastors and laity. Including me. I did a lot of things I’m not proud of as a leader, including fornication. But what struck me is that I was going numb, conscienceless in the church. No message speaks to my struggles to stay upright and not to sin. They do not even talk about such things. The focus of the messages is often on how to be successful, perhaps so you can give more money!

In summary, at CE, sin means nothing!

No wonder the females there re so loose... Thank God I really resisted one of their dem and still resisting her... Chai Dat babe worry my life and still worrying my life.... Imagine her telling me that wen my babe breaks my heart she will be waiting for me to return to her... She is a Call/slay mama who believes that Christ has died and taken away all our sins.... Drops 1k as offering every Sunday.... Nw I see where and how she was indoctrinated.... I can only tank God for saving me from her and her likes and keep asking him to save me from all dis karachikas
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Gagason(m): 3:48pm On Jul 02, 2017
Well I thank God for the truth.that is how far Lucifer can go to deceive churches and church leaders. Thank God for u realising on time b4 ending in Hell with all the DECEPTION.pls seek Christ and study ur bible and stay on the PATH OF RIGHTOUSNESS. No one is above deception but as we seek God he will always direct us.God bless u Bro.Amen
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by udemzyudex(m): 3:48pm On Jul 02, 2017
akagaba:

Dont mind the he goat
He was lost and now found grin
Pls attack the message and stop attacking him naa

3 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by jonbellion(m): 3:49pm On Jul 02, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:
That is how Benny Hinn came out the other day to lie that "faithfulness to ones church" is what makes people get healed.

He said there was a study that showed that more people get healed in Catholic churches during communion service than in pentecostal churches. But then he twisted the whole thing and tells the "sheeple" that you must be faithful to your church.

Hear it for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcS3yPUnkcQ
these people are really preying on the gullible and weak minded in the society shaaa

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by bukason212(m): 3:49pm On Jul 02, 2017
akagaba:
Op, wake up... as soon as u left, 500 more people walked in so dont come here and disgrace urself. If u have allowed d devil to take a hold of u, then seek deliverance somehwere becus so many lives are being changed and transformed in Christ Embassy. We dont preach sin in CE cuz thats not what God asked us to preach. We rather preach the goodnews of the gospel of our Lord Jesus and thats the gudnews that brings sinners to God.

For money matter, its only a poor man that speaks d way u do. We give big, very very big in CE and thats becuz we serve a big God so deal with ur poverty.
....so deal with ur poverty? Is that supposed to come from a christian. Anyway that statement is all I needed to know that u are just a church goer.

11 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by franzis(m): 3:50pm On Jul 02, 2017
mapist:

Lmao..i no fit laff abeg.. grin grin...1.2mm..land money for Benin city.. grin...your uncle suppose happy cause, less number of attendants, less costs n people to cater for.
na for assemblies of God church for Benin (the wife mama church) dem come do the wedding

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by IRIEBOY(m): 3:51pm On Jul 02, 2017
akagaba:
Op, u are just an agent of darkness sent from the pit of hell against the church but im sorry, u have lost d battle woefully. I command u to return to d pit of hell wher u came from
first class mumu

4 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by udemzyudex(m): 3:51pm On Jul 02, 2017
Falzdbadtguy:
What's so hard about being a Pastor sef, he sha dey marry and straff too! Now being a true Reverend father, now that's real sacrifice!

Who tell u say reverend father no dey straff too? Stay there, wetin person no know, na him dem dey call secret.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Tellemall: 3:53pm On Jul 02, 2017
akagaba:
Op, wake up... as soon as u left, 500 more people walked in so dont come here and disgrace urself. If u have allowed d devil to take a hold of u, then seek deliverance somehwere becus so many lives are being changed and transformed in Christ Embassy. We dont preach sin in CE cuz thats not what God asked us to preach. We rather preach the goodnews of the gospel of our Lord Jesus and thats the gudnews that brings sinners to God.

For money matter, its only a poor man that speaks d way u do. We give big, very very big in CE and thats becuz we serve a big God so deal with ur poverty.

You sound like it's very personal.

Debunk his claims.

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 02, 2017
jonbellion:
these people are really preying on the gullible and weak minded in the society shaaa

God help us.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by naturefellow(m): 3:54pm On Jul 02, 2017
jaymejate:
THIS GUY is .... i'm sorry to say, is a fool
you guys have totally forgotten that, the pastors are human being and not has perfect as Jesus u know.
they too always look for a way to get enlightened. so you too you are finding enlightenment that's why you're there.
teachings can never be perfect.
you are to take the ones that is useful to you and throw away the ones that are not.

the ministry of people is different. some is to teach holiness, some to teach on how to give, some is prosperity e.t.c.

and moreover, they didn't force you to give or did they point gun at you to give?
if they are not giving you what you want to hear, go to another place and stop making people feel like the church is diff.

MINISTRY OF EVERYONE IS DIFF.

you judging them, check Romans 2; 1-3
Just see what you wrote above! It reflects a very poor understanding of Christianity- the way a typical churchgoer reasons.
First, calling the poster a fool is very wrong. The bible calls that sin that can lead you to hell, if you've forgotten.
Can I ask if you completely read the write up? If you did, you wouldn't be quick to judge or express your sentiments. You strike me as one of those refuters or zombie CE-followers the writer guarantees more arsenals for defense.
I am thankful to God to have discerned all of what the writer has described here during my membership class days at CE, several years ago. I forwent my graduation and left for a better bible-believing church of which I'm still a member. In fact, I was followed up by members of the church as to why I had to quit so abruptly. My explanation was that my spirit was not comfortable with the church. Leaving CE early was one of the easiest and wisest decisions I made in my life!

8 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Cerebrae(m): 3:54pm On Jul 02, 2017
~
NovusHomo:

Seeking Jesus is, in itself, the greatest sign of "MUMUNESS".

You need JESUS

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 02, 2017
zabuur:
Enough said. I am a Muslim but, plz I wanna ask few questions

1. "How should one worship as a Christian? I believe there should be a unique and acceptable way one should worship. Maybe written in the Bible or taught by one of God's apostles."

2. "Is the Bible hard to understand that one needs another man to describe what's in it?"

3. "Who deserves more respect, parents or religious leaders? Even if our parents aren't against us worshipping God. Even if they have led us in the right path?"

I think Christian posts should start opening with. "Do you believe Jesus Is the Son of God?"

"Yes or No"

just like Islamic Nairaland posts to stop deranged people like this from asking funny question.

Why don't you apply these set of questions to your Sunni vs Shiite,etc differences; the up to 26 different translations of the Qu'ran; the several errors in the Qu'ran and Authentic Hadith's before coming over to a Christian post.

Can you explain this below. Why Mohammed asks you all to take in filthy things like flies dipped in your drinks. How stupid can this be?

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, made a remarkable statement about the flies carrying antidotes:
Narrated Abu Huraira: "Allah's Apostle said, "If a fly falls in the vessel of any of you, let him dip all of it (into the vessel) and then throw it away, for in one of its wings there is a disease and in the other there is healing (antidote for it) i e. the treatment for that disease." (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 71, Number 673)"
Narrated Abu Huraira: "The Prophet said "If a house fly falls in the drink of anyone of you, he should dip it (in the drink), for one of its wings has a disease and the other has the cure for the disease." (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 537)"

5 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by HARDDON: 3:54pm On Jul 02, 2017
Op, i am not a member but i got just one question:

Have you ever prayed that the Holy Spirit Redirect his steps back to the light ever before?
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Ichietome: 3:55pm On Jul 02, 2017
happyheart:
Poster I am.shocked at you
I am not a member of Christ embassy but I am shocked at some of the things you shared
Firstly.. As a christian you have to give. No one in Christ embassy will encourage you to steal to give. Those who did/do are obviously trying to impress man and not God.
Secondly.. No where ever did pastor Anita accuse pastor Christ of adultery.Google is your friend! She listed abandonment, the fact that several checks on her before she could access master tapes of pastor messages and also the fact that lots of female pastors lived in white house(official residence) of pastor. Not once did she mention adultery.
Thirdly Pastor Chris is not an idol. People respect him and celebrate him. Those who idolizes him do so at their own detriment. Several msgs preached on CDs and in rhapsody talks about sin. The church doesn't condone sin. That you sinned as a leader doesn't mean you were encouraged to do so.
All you did was find fault! In a human institution, you must find faults. But the only snag is that you had to condemn and speak ill of the church. Man you are not born again!!!!!
Even if you go to Mfm or Catholic, you will still find fault.
At this point forget CE, forget PST Chris. Run your own race Oga. Repent!!! Return to God.salvation is personal
Its well with you
Well said.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Tellemall: 3:55pm On Jul 02, 2017
akagaba:
Christ Embassy does not preach sin rather they preach righteousness, thats the gospel of Jesus Christ. But they rebuke sin and guide d members on how to live a righteous life. Its similar to the fact that they dont preach hell but heaven but guides members on how to become a citizen of heaven and not a hell candidate so OP, u need to be saved.

How can You only preach heaven when there's a hell? Why subtract willfully from the Bible? If you can't preach hell, don't preach heaven. You can't have one without the other.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by MicroSweet(m): 3:56pm On Jul 02, 2017
donchrisk:
Opps welldun. U can now go home and sit in ur room ,drink ur ogogoro and be happy because u have done a good job.. God is very Happy​ with you. U are truely a born again Christian. Infact go and rejoice heaven is happy . But one word I have for you is dat no matter how hard u try u can never stop the work God is doin through pastor chris. Try harder.
LMAO
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by misano(m): 3:57pm On Jul 02, 2017
jaymejate:
THIS GUY is .... i'm sorry to say, is a fool.
you guys have totally forgotten that, the pastors are human being and not has perfect as Jesus u know.
they too always look for a way to get enlightened. so you too you are finding enlightenment that's why you're there.
you are to take the ones that is useful to you and throw away the ones that are not.

the ministry of people is different. some is to teach holiness, some to teach on how to give, some is prosperity e.t.c.

and moreover, they didn't force you to give or did they point gun at you to give?
if they are not giving you what you want to hear, go to another place and stop making people feel like the church is diff.

jaymejate:

Where did U see that line in the Bible

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by NovusHomo(m): 3:57pm On Jul 02, 2017
chukxie:
You've raised some very salient points here. I've said this before and I'll keep saying it: Christianity in Nigeria, Africa and the world in general is being turned into a circus show by some supposed men / women of God whose sweet coated tongues are misleading thousands of truth-seeking Christians on daily basis. May God help us. And may God grant you the required wisdom to move on with your walk with God through Jesus Christ. Amen.

The Church has always been like that. It is so sad that most people who carry church for head do not know the history of the Church. Google-search the following topics: "Martin Luther", "95 Theses", "The Protestant Reformation", "Protestantism", "Lutheranism", "Calvinism", Origin of the "Church of England" (pay particular attention to the role of King Henry III and the fate of one of his wives, Anne Boleyn. You will be "born again" . You could thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by I888(m): 3:58pm On Jul 02, 2017
akagaba:
Op, u are just an agent of darkness sent from the pit of hell against the church but im sorry, u have lost d battle woefully. I command u to return to d pit of hell wher u came from
i would give you a dirty slap and you fall into your pit of hell.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Josmila(m): 4:00pm On Jul 02, 2017
I made sure not to criticise CE until I had a first hand experience of what their teachings was like. So between 2007/2008 I had the opportunity as a corper cos I got posted to Lagos and had to stay with a family who were members of CE at the time, they're no more now. So I had to attend church with them mostly on Sundays.

Everything centered around money, i gave sotay I tire. They want you to join groups, they call it PCF or something, can't remember now, where you keep paying cos now you're mandated to.

Like the Op said, no one dares challenges any leader or motives for anything, you just obey.

Fast forward to some months later, the Pastor at egbeda branch where I worshipped at the time did the worst, and that marked the end of going to that church or any other one for that matter. A church member was tongue lashed, scolded right before the entire congregation on a Sunday morning becos he accepted to paid for a service he rendered at the pastor's house the day before. I was sick to my stomach to the extent I felt a dinge. In eessence, what the so called pastor meant was that the guy in question shouldn't have collected any money for the service he rendered. I was physically shaking, I felt like I was the one rebuked or even a member family. In the midst of it I got up and left, went home and never returned.

My uncle's wife shared the same sentiments and that the pastor's act that morning didn't go down well with her too. You criticise someone for accepting payments for a job done, but you expect him to pay, pay, pay and pay, give, give, give and keep giving, sow, sow, sow, and keep sowing seeds.

Good luck to those still there, stay jerry curling and oiling the hair while you give money. But let me quickly add that many are dead broke within the walls of that church, but act like all is well while in church or when they're with a fellow member, cos they're masters at living fake lives.

37 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by salford1: 4:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
i attended BLW in my undergraduate days so i can relate well. Everything the op said is true. lol

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by ChristineC: 4:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
jaymejate:
[s]THIS GUY is .... i'm sorry to say, is a fool.

you judging them, check Romans 2; 1-3[/s]
NANSENSE

4 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by bukason212(m): 4:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
Benekruku:
grin grin grin

Happy your eyes re now open!

But if you critically view religion as a whole with same pursuit of that of Christ Embassy, you will realize it's all a scam!

It's an Engineering to captivate humans-Mental slavery!

How could someone have made you believed a man
an in Middle-East died for your sin in Africa
Ur last statement . it quite sounds reasonable to human but it is a big mistery because you can stay here in Africa and call on the name of that man in times of need and u start to see solution. No other name can do that. That is enough reason believe the gospel of our lord Jesus

8 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by austinfan4love(m): 4:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
jaymejate:
THIS GUY is .... i'm sorry to say, is a fool.

God bless you my broda,,reading this thread makes me shake my head,,so eazy for us to. Condemn and. Judge people wit un verifiable rumour,,my candid advise is that the heavenly race is personal irrespective of. The church you attend you will have to answer to your creator one day,,what we christain should do is pray 4one another and not judge or slander anyone or church.seek God and you will find him.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Tellemall: 4:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
happyheart:
Poster I am.shocked at you
I am not a member of Christ embassy but I am shocked at some of the things you shared
Firstly.. As a christian you have to give. No one in Christ embassy will encourage you to steal to give. Those who did/do are obviously trying to impress man and not God.
Secondly.. No where ever did pastor Anita accuse pastor Christ of adultery.Google is your friend! She listed abandonment, the fact that several checks on her before she could access master tapes of pastor messages and also the fact that lots of female pastors lived in white house(official residence) of pastor. Not once did she mention adultery.
Thirdly Pastor Chris is not an idol. People respect him and celebrate him. Those who idolizes him do so at their own detriment. Several msgs preached on CDs and in rhapsody talks about sin. The church doesn't condone sin. That you sinned as a leader doesn't mean you were encouraged to do so.
All you did was find fault! In a human institution, you must find faults. But the only snag is that you had to condemn and speak ill of the church. Man you are not born again!!!!!
Even if you go to Mfm or Catholic, you will still find fault.
At this point forget CE, forget PST Chris. Run your own race Oga. Repent!!! Return to God.salvation is personal
Its well with you

Why do you think she mentioned many female pastors living there?

When you respect a person by deifying them, you can't take decisions without watching their messages, instead of you consulting your Bible, isn't that making them an idol?

Anyway, your last paragraph is the main thing.

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by naturefellow(m): 4:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
akagaba:
Christ Embassy does not preach sin rather they preach righteousness, thats the gospel of Jesus Christ. But they rebuke sin and guide d members on how to live a righteous life. Its similar to the fact that they dont preach hell but heaven but guides members on how to become a citizen of heaven and not a hell candidate so OP, u need to be saved.

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by seunmsg(m): 4:02pm On Jul 02, 2017
harry41:

Lastly, it is contained in several verses of the bible that there's a gospel according to saint Paul, St Peter and so on. So I don't think when they say pst chris's msg that they mean something different or heresy.

You mean we now have gospel according to saint pastor Chris? shocked shocked shocked

Like seriously, what the fvck is that?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by yvelchstores(f): 4:03pm On Jul 02, 2017
Valmesk:
I Don tire for this kind story and I was invited for a program to night at Christ Embassy. I will honor it and see for my self. This story has weakened my enthusiasm .
Abeg come my brother, we are having communion service with Pastor Chris. Forget bad belle

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (31) (Reply)

List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December / Serah Joshua And Promise Joshua: TB Joshua's Daughters (Photos) / Pastor U. Uden Dennis Arrested Over Sunday Service In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.