Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,986 members, 7,835,302 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Why I Left Christ Embassy Church - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church (145951 Views)

COVID-19: Christ Embassy Church Shut Down In Akwa Ibom State / FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja / Kairo’s Embassy Church, Uyo Pastor's Wife Lied To Him (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by hush15: 4:03pm On Jul 02, 2017
Marchman:
I have not posted in a while but if you have followed my previous posts, you would know that I used to attend Christ Embassy Church, even though I had reservations about some of their teachings. I finally left the church, phew!
I will use this thread to explain why I quit the church and why I may never attend another Pentecostal/Charismatic church which now appears to me like a sole proprietorship, with the General Overseer or lead pastor as the owner.

1. Excessive premium on Giving money

In Christ Embassy the number one thing they lay emphasis on is giving money. The church can use any tactic to get money from members, including manipulation, threats and the likes. While there is nothing wrong with giving money or time, I believe everything should be balanced and moderate. I think that was why St Paul said we should not give out of target, or threat but as we decide in our heart. In CE, there is nothing like moderation or balance when it comes to giving. They tend to believe literally that everything answers to money. You don’t have a job, give and sow seed. You are infertile, give and sow seed. Your father is sick, give and sow seed. Every message ends with a charge to give money. They collect tithes, offerings, partnerships (money), seeds (more money), first fruits (your whole income in January) and plethora of others.

You are also charged to give for Pastor Chris’s birthday and for all the other pastors. And for projects and the likes too.

Before I started worshipping with the Church, I read the story of the account clerk at the Sheraton Hotel who stole from his employers to give to the church. As a member, I could relate with the man. The Church is obsessed with money. They do not mind how or where you get it. If you want to rise or be noticed or win awards, just give big money. It is this obsession with money that led it to start collecting gate fees from members for its New Year Service at the LoveWorld Convocation Arena in Lagos, which ironically was built by the offerings of the members charged to get in. A lot of people I know personally had gone broke, had their businesses ruined, or fallen out with a loved one because of this teaching by the church.

In summary, at CE, money is everything- EVERYTHING.

Op, it's quite unfortunate that your story turned out this way. Am not a lawyer for CE(Christ Embassy) but all what you just didn't mean anything...

Why is giving a problem to you? Didn't you read in your bible that wealth is a defence! Or that he that sow bountifully shall reap bountifully and he that sow sparingly shall reap sparingly.

Look, it might not go well with you because your faith didn't work for you but many others who gave based on their faith and getting results and you upset. Even if it was one Naira you could regularly and you did it with strong faith, Baba! You get results. And yes, it all boils down to money � because that's what you can give for the furtherance of the gospel. So your excuse that it's all about giving and giving money is your issue o.

Bible says it's better to give than to receive because the blessings goes to the giver and Psalms 126 from verse 5 says they that sow in tears � shall reap in joy. 6 even says that he that goes forth , weeping bearing precious seed shall doubtless come again with rejoicing bring his sheaves...

So if you don't believe in this, then don't go about spreading what you don't understand . You don't believe in the Word of God in the first place. Besides, you are more concerned about the man or people instead of focusing on God or his Word.

About Pastor. Chris being a standard, you can Evans or Asiwaju a standard for all it's worth but common, leave those who sees Pastor Chris as a leader alone. They see the nature and will of Christ in him and man him their standard. Way better than those who do not even have the fear of God as their mentor.

It's written, in 1 John 4:17, ... that as he is, so are we in this world. If Pastor Chris wants to be like. Christ in this world, what's wrong with wanting to be like Pastor Chris!!!

That there is nothing like sin in CE is complete ignorance .... I will leave that to the Holy Spirit to minister to you because only Him can sink it into your head that Christ is not interested in sinners dying in their sin but that they should repent and bask in the grace that God made available in Christ. And that's why Christ died many years ago that we might live whether we acknowledged it or not. If you believe and confess with your mouth, you are saved and connected to that grace. If you don't, it doesn't mean the grace doesn't exist and Jesus isn't going to come again to die again for your ignorance. CE preach against sin and encourage Holiness but we also believe that righteousness is different from right living........

3 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by mapist(m): 4:05pm On Jul 02, 2017
itsmeurLady:

True tho... buh y Mapist tho? Sounds like rapist to me (lol) dnt mind me

Chei...*picks race*
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by babatops(m): 4:05pm On Jul 02, 2017
Well,different strokes for different people.We live in a deeply religous country where the politician has failed and the masses have to look up to these pastors has their hope.Click here for latest news and entertainment gists.http://padigist.com/2017/07/02/see-woman-say-best-butt-billion-women-photos/
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by fzybah(m): 4:06pm On Jul 02, 2017
I'm not criticizing ur church because I'm mature enough in Christianity to discard irrelevant teachings and pick d relevant ones .... HOW WOULD YOU TELL ME YOU PREACH THE GOOD NEWS (GOSPEL) OF CHRIST WITHOUT TALKING ABOUT SIN ? The fact remains that you should always make d word of God personally be d light to ur path through the light of the Word brought by the holy Spirit ... as u xtian , u should learn how to do away with some messages that will drift you away from the path of God for example , once saved, forever saved no matter the ways u live ur life ( error brought out of the bible with no deeper understanding through d help of the holy Spirit...) .. embrace those teachings that will edify you and bring u to right Standing with God.. God bless

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by DatLagboi(m): 4:06pm On Jul 02, 2017
This is why every Sunday I stay in my house and tell God thank you for my life

3 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by petra1(m): 4:06pm On Jul 02, 2017
Marchman:

Exactly what you have in the church. No one dares challenge him. In a godly environment, there should have been some enquiry in to the crisis of his marriage with the objective to mend the issues. But no one dares even raise such issues

How's much do you know of what transpired. Leave other people lives alone .

People like Joe Agbaje are prepared to lie for him.

Lie

I recall a time when the issue of PST Chris living separately from his wife came up here, Joe Agbaje defended him, claiming that the couple see often and even go on romantic get-away. It was not true.

You're wrong. There wasn't a crisis then. She attended programmes and speak well . Who should We trust . Your word or her word

To all intents and purpose, the man abandoned his wife and family in London while gallivanting around the world with his concubines. This was wrong

What's your proof ? You saw him on top of a concubine ? Or hearsay. That's not nice . It's dangerous for you,

A. I was in church one day when a leader in a talk show said, “Pst Chris is not only in Ikeja or Lagos. His spirit is even here right now’’. I was shocked by the comments and obvious deification of a mere mortal. But when the pastor came up, he did not rebuke the speaker or said anything about it. I left for home, thinking hard: What has happened to these people?

Ignorance is your problem . Didn't Paul make such statement?

1Corinthians 5:4
In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,

B. Th other one was during prayer. The person leading the prayer asked us to pray so that the message of PST Chris will take over the world. Message of Pst Chris? I asked myself. I thought we came there because of the gospel/message of Christ? Does Pst Chris have a different message? Of course, I didn’t participate in that prayer but I was shocked that no one saw anything wrong in this, which validated my growing belief that the church was veering out of the Christian lane into something else.

I will stop here for now. But if challenged by the minions of the church, I have more arsenals. Good day and God bless you.

A man's message is the dispensation of the gospel given to him. Kumuyi has his ,Oyedepo has his. God gives specific messages to his apostles .

2 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Benekruku(m): 4:06pm On Jul 02, 2017
bukason212:

Ur last statement . it quite sounds reasonable to human but it is a big mistery because you can stay here in Africa and call on the name of that man in times of need and u start to see solution. No other name can do that. That is enough reason believe the gospel of our lord Jesus

Faith works with everything.

Pray to a coke bottle with faith and you will believe your prayers re answered.

It's a mindset!

Nothing is real!

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by gentlegeno(m): 4:07pm On Jul 02, 2017
God show your people the right way to follow!
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Emitrix42(m): 4:08pm On Jul 02, 2017
sexiestharam:
The Bible says we should not judge but there are so many things wrong with our churches today. I went to a church last week out of sheer curiosity and was stunned. It was a counselling section on a Monday. U had to pay a thousand naira to buy an anointing oil bottle that could not be up to 200 naira to see the pastor. I guess that's the gate fee. After speaking with the pastor, he tells me I needed special prayers and he would have to make a special oil for me which is N3000. What about the gate fee anointing oil? I would never enter there again.
before i believe you, mention the name of the church, na so una go dey lie upandan
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by nkemdi89(f): 4:10pm On Jul 02, 2017
MicroSweet:
You mean, Osu caste system law? Do people still see others as Osu? Are u saying u wouldt marry an Osu?
My place dont do OSU, but as a woman your children belong to the father, and till now even reverend fathers and clerics dont wed them, the discrimination is still very high. But I dont discriminate but for a pastor to try using my intelligence all in the name of religion isn't fair. He wasn't seeing any vision about us, you know when you this relation that you are trying to settled off either with job or marriage.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Praktikals(m): 4:10pm On Jul 02, 2017
femo122:
embarassed
Haha, is that spiritual dettol? Lol
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by dingbang(m): 4:10pm On Jul 02, 2017
akagaba:
Op, u are just an agent of darkness sent from the pit of hell against the church but im sorry, u have lost d battle woefully. I command u to return to d pit of hell wher u came from
see this one....

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by nkemdi89(f): 4:10pm On Jul 02, 2017
connectpoint:

Wait oh aunty, dis picture in your profile...Where's this location ?
Calabar.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by berryice(f): 4:12pm On Jul 02, 2017
I could relate to d op post..i attended in my undergraduate days,in ekosodin,pastor bday pay..chair pay...pcf pay..i was just a student o..i left d church immidiately...am glad am not d only one dah noticed it too..make pastors get conscience small

4 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Lilimax(f): 4:13pm On Jul 02, 2017
akagaba:
Op, wake up... as soon as u left, 500 more people walked in so dont come here and disgrace urself. If u have allowed d devil to take a hold of u, then seek deliverance somehwere becus so many lives are being changed and transformed in Christ Embassy. We dont preach sin in CE cuz thats not what God asked us to preach. We rather preach the goodnews of the gospel of our Lord Jesus and thats the gudnews that brings sinners to God.

For money matter, its only a poor man that speaks d way u do. We give big, very very big in CE and thats becuz we serve a big God so deal with ur poverty.
grin
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Joagbaje(m): 4:14pm On Jul 02, 2017
Marchman:
3. Pastor Chris is the orthodoxy
In CE, Pst Chris is the standard; he is the orthodoxy of the word of God. He is in fact treated like God. His words are law. He could cancel engagements, delay marriages and, in my mother’s language, can do and undo!
Everything revolves around him. He has limitless powers and not inhibited by anything.

And what do they say about absolute power corrupts absolutely?

Exactly what you have in the church. No one dares challenge him. In a godly environment, there should have been some enquiry in to the crisis of his marriage with the objective to mend the issues. But no one dares even raise such issues. People like Joe Agbaje are prepared to lie for him. I recall a time when the issue of PST Chris living separately from his wife came up here, Joe Agbaje defended him, claiming that the couple see often and even go on romantic get-away. It was not true. To all intents and purpose, the man abandoned his wife and family in London while gallivanting around the world with his concubines. This was wrong, but who could challenge the KING? The man had also warned members never to discuss pastors and that they should run away where such matters are being discussed. What you have is a situation where people are so afraid to even consider the allegations against him, so as not to be consumed by fire! SMH!!!

With such a context, the man can get away with anything, including polygamy. He can rewrite the bible, claiming that some portions or verses were not clearly written. He can do ANYTHING, and the staunch members and the pastors would defend him. I mean ANYTHING.

They deify him, call him the ‘Jesus in white suit,’ ‘the Jesus of our time’ and such heresies.
Two personal experiences really got me worried.

A. I was in church one day when a leader in a talk show said, “Pst Chris is not only in Ikeja or Lagos. His spirit is even here right now’’. I was shocked by the comments and obvious deification of a mere mortal. But when the pastor came up, he did not rebuke the speaker or said anything about it. I left for home, thinking hard: What has happened to these people?
B. Th other one was during prayer. The person leading the prayer asked us to pray so that the message of PST Chris will take over the world. Message of Pst Chris? I asked myself. I thought we came there because of the gospel/message of Christ? Does Pst Chris have a different message? Of course, I didn’t participate in that prayer but I was shocked that no one saw anything wrong in this, which validated my growing belief that the church was veering out of the Christian lane into something else.

I will stop here for now. But if challenged by the minions of the church, I have more arsenals. Good day and God bless you.

Trash
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by dingbang(m): 4:14pm On Jul 02, 2017
happyheart:
Poster I am.shocked at you
I am not a member of Christ embassy but I am shocked at some of the things you shared
Firstly.. As a christian you have to give. No one in Christ embassy will encourage you to steal to give. Those who did/do are obviously trying to impress man and not God.
Secondly.. No where ever did pastor Anita accuse pastor Christ of adultery.Google is your friend! She listed abandonment, the fact that several checks on her before she could access master tapes of pastor messages and also the fact that lots of female pastors lived in white house(official residence) of pastor. Not once did she mention adultery.
Thirdly Pastor Chris is not an idol. People respect him and celebrate him. Those who idolizes him do so at their own detriment. Several msgs preached on CDs and in rhapsody talks about sin. The church doesn't condone sin. That you sinned as a leader doesn't mean you were encouraged to do so.
All you did was find fault! In a human institution, you must find faults. But the only snag is that you had to condemn and speak ill of the church. Man you are not born again!!!!!
Even if you go to Mfm or Catholic, you will still find fault.
At this point forget CE, forget PST Chris. Run your own race Oga. Repent!!! Return to God.salvation is personal
Its well with you
you just condemned another church ....
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 02, 2017
tete7000:

My dear don't mind the charlatans. I often ask my catechumens,: "Which existed first, the church or the bible?". I will allow them rattle their heads and then go on to tell them it is the Church that existed first. History had it that the first books of the new testaments were written years after the pentecost by members of the church. The church in her wisdom decided to put the writings together, sieved them and compiled the one that she thought were really inspired. How then can the bible come before the church that compiled it. The scripture is the voice of the Spirit that dwells in the church. Outside the church, bible becomes a mere history book. It is why it is being abused, debated and confused in the citadels of learning across the world. Only the church has the power to rightfully interprete the bible because the Spirit of God, the Spirit of truth resides in the church built upon the rock, Peter, and the power of the evil ones will not prevail against it. The attributes of the church are authority, infallibity and indefectibility. The church is one, holy, catholic (universal) and apostolic. They can continue to debate it.

Ignorance is your problem. If only you will take off pride and read. All through the New Testament even Jesus and Apostles quoted severally from the Old Testament.

The Bible manuscripts have been there like forever.

Your flawed logic is like saying Communication only came to be with the invention of iPhone. Crazy you. Humans have always communicated before our modern means of communication. The Bible starting from the Torah written on Stones by Moses down to the manuscripts kept by Scribes and to our modern times where we now have the complete Holy Bible in book form.

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by yinkslinks(m): 4:15pm On Jul 02, 2017
four square gospel and redeem are the best. any other are fake trust me.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by AmazingM: 4:16pm On Jul 02, 2017
GMBITLY:
You should have left. It is not church you worship but God.
How can you worship God in such an environment where virtually everything they do, directs or forces you to dance to their tune if you are not a vibrant christian that knows what you is doing?
Ok
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by UjSizzle(f): 4:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
They've really used some people's brain to fry groundnut.
God will not let anyone I know be stupid over a pastor.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by fuckpro: 4:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
kizyalex10:
A proud catholic.catholic is like garri,they don't do advert,but they sell pass indomie.(penticostal)ancient way of worship.now u see churches dese days,a lady wears trouser,hair open,boobs. Pooping out,short skirt in d name of worship,u nw see pastor preaching the bible upside down.jonah swallowed d fish,nd when he is corrected that d fish swallowed jonah,he will say either way there was a swallow.u don't blame him,u blame d jezebels dressing to kill,boys wearing earings to church,ripped jeans,sagg etc
...all na swallow...please this is Sunday no let me laugh sinfully

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by itsmeurLady(f): 4:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
achieverme:

You aren't really photogenic, but I can bet my last dime you'll be beautiful when seen face to face.

Lolzz.... I shld change my profile pic!!! That one Der has bin ages way back 2011 thereabout
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by itsmeurLady(f): 4:18pm On Jul 02, 2017
mapist:

Chei...*picks race*

Don't ooo
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by dingbang(m): 4:18pm On Jul 02, 2017
I hope these mods will put a thread on front page that criticizes islam as well..
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by damzy88: 4:21pm On Jul 02, 2017
franzis:
That church refused to join my uncle and his wife in holy matrimony because they calculated the tithe he is owing the church and it amounted to 1.2million naira, delayed the wedding for more than a year in the name of praying , even when he finally wedded in another church , no single person from the church attended
This one weak me shocked
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by gidjah(m): 4:22pm On Jul 02, 2017
church matters can be so so complex,I leave them over to the owner of the church Himself.All this churches have one weakness or fault that can be noted in their worship style, none of them is perfect.But we can pick the relevant ones , make use of them and grow spiritually and move on, then ignore the weak styles they offer if we can't help fix them. none of this mogs r perfect even when they choose to show themselves as 'super humans' simply because they are in Christ. Only the head of the church himself alone is most perfect, but all other parts of the body ain't perfect.AND THAT'S WHY U WILL NEVER FIND ANY PERFECTLY RUNNED CHURCH SYSTEM OUT THERE ! it has not yet been established UNTIL CHRIST RETURNS IN HIS GLORY

2 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Joagbaje(m): 4:23pm On Jul 02, 2017
fyneguy:

You were a Christ Embassy member yet you posted the message below (see bolded part):

: Shun The Love Of Money _pastor Chris by Marchman: 11:59pm On Oct 07, 2015
This is really surprising coming from Pastor Chris cos ive not a seen a more money loving and grabbing church than Christ Embassy which has commercialised every aspect of the gospel. Everything in the church is paid for. Nothing is given free. If that is not love for money I wonder what is.

Then there is a giving which is greater than Joagbaje'' socalled principle. it is giving in love with no expectations of what you get in return. Christ exemplified this by giving his life. That is what the Good Samaritans did too. In all of Christ message that is what he taught. Today it is different with the socalled prosperity gospel. Avery selfish and self serving religion that is all about you and your prosperity.

And Mr. Agbaje, i know of many people in your church who have followed your principle and are very broke because of it. very broke.

So much for a christian who posted this:

: Please Save Me From Myself, My Husband Cheated On Me, I Tried To Kill Myself by Marchman: 4:47pm On Jun 03, 2015
What's the big deal that he cheated? All men cheat. Take your eyes off his phone and you will be fine!

Maybe he has dual personality
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 02, 2017
nkemdi89:

Calabar.

Baby this is cute oh... Nice location...I'm shocked you still believe in this Osu system...the thing still strong like that ?..
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by itsmeurLady(f): 4:25pm On Jul 02, 2017
Me I am following this thread bumper to bumper lemme attend my comm. service and finish first grin anybody that attacks my pastor, I'm ready to change it for the person grin
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Modsenemy(f): 4:26pm On Jul 02, 2017
Valmesk:
I Don tire for this kind story and I was invited for a program to night at Christ Embassy. I will honor it and see for my self. This story has weakened my enthusiasm .

If u don't want to embarrass yourself , I'll advise you learn how to speak gibberish like faking tongues during prayer , and secondly , make sure you hold at least #200
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 02, 2017
Chikelue2000:
Bros pls never even mention Islam when we talk about the church n its errors. The worst church is far better than d most holy mosque. don't quote me

Very true. Even with the unbiblical theory of Rome put in our face by Catholics instead of Jerusalem. It is better for one to be a member of the worst church than in the most holiest of all mosque.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (31) (Reply)

List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December / Serah Joshua And Promise Joshua: TB Joshua's Daughters (Photos) / Pastor U. Uden Dennis Arrested Over Sunday Service In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.