Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,744 members, 7,831,373 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Why I Left Christ Embassy Church - Religion (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church (145752 Views)

COVID-19: Christ Embassy Church Shut Down In Akwa Ibom State / FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja / Kairo’s Embassy Church, Uyo Pastor's Wife Lied To Him (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by zionmade(m): 7:05am On Jul 04, 2017
ImaIma1:

Not run away. But just left you to your ignorance. Answering everyone one that says something wrong about your church is sad enough.
hahahahaha Rubbishing hypocrites is my pleasure. Am I complaining? No.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Seun(m): 8:02am On Jul 04, 2017
AgricSalt:

Hi my friend. I have always been interested in discussing the bible with someone on Nairaland. Are you interested in what a JW has to say?
I don't know about him, but I am interested.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by MiddleDimension: 8:22am On Jul 04, 2017
zionmade:

lol. I said hypocrites. Are u one?. looks like u were inducted newly into hypocrisism. U dont talk about my father like that. I will rubbish u bro. As I said before if u talk about some practices in CE u think are wrong, It's not bad because I also feel same way, but if u bring in my father into d mix, then u re due for rubbishing.

first of all, i am not a hypocrite. I only brought that up to make it known to you that there are some of us here that are just too big for you and the whole of CE.

No, i don't do hypnotism and from what i know, hypnotism is not bad, atleast not more than Jesus walking on the face of water.

I can talk about pst chris however i feel like and there is nothing you can do about it apart from telling me that i am playing with fire. And yes, i play with fire all the time, a thing you fear alot and think people should not play around. The fact i play with fire all the time, means that i am greater than fire myself and by consequence, your pastor chris.

Look here, whats happening with you guys with your almost fanatical behaviour whenever you hear a perviebed bad things about CE, is not new. The vatican 1 catholics were like that until the church had to reform things and today's post vatican 2 catholics are not as fanatical anymore.

We have seen it before and we know how your style fanaticism ends. We know what will become of it, and that's why we keep engaging you. Your most automatic fanaticism will be diluted one day.

Jesus had a desciple called SIMON THE ZEALOT. So it is nothing new. All philosophical and theological organizations will always have your likes.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by zionmade(m): 8:43am On Jul 04, 2017
MiddleDimension:

first of all, i am not a hypocrite. I only brought that up to make it known to you that there are some of us here that are just too big for you and the whole of CE.

No, i don't do hypnotism and from what i know, hypnotism is not bad, atleast not more than Jesus walking on the face of water.

I can talk about pst chris however i feel like and there is nothing you can do about it apart from telling me that i am playing with fire. And yes, i play with fire all the time, a thing you fear alot and think people should not play around. The fact i play with fire all the time, means that i am greater than fire myself and by consequence, your pastor chris.

Look here, whats happening with you guys with your almost fanatical behaviour whenever you hear a perviebed bad things about CE, is not new. The vatican 1 catholics were like that until the church had to reform things and today's post vatican 2 catholics are not as fanatical anymore.

We have seen it before and we know how your style fanaticism ends. We know what will become of it, and that's why we keep engaging you. Your most automatic fanaticism will be diluted one day.

Jesus had a desciple called SIMON THE ZEALOT. So it is nothing new. All philosophical and theological organizations will always have your likes.
U don't know my likes
I have been in CE longer than u can imagine so whatever u call it bla Bla Bla Bla will never come to an end.
I see u re not a Christian so I will have no business responding to u here.
As I said it before I like it face to face with an atheist because no matter anybody thinks about himself his spirit is subject to the power of God. As for u Bye.
All those cchristians criticizing am still waiting for u guys
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by MiddleDimension: 8:44am On Jul 04, 2017
zionmade:

I am not a Pentecostal. Assuming the Roman's was celebrating Zeus on that day the Holyghost came, will u call me a zeuscostal? Go and find out the activities that take place during Pentecost, nothing spiritual about it apart from drinking and getting drunk. Assuming Jesus Rose on the sabatharian?. Again I have no business with the Jewish festivals and for that I refuse to be called a pen

first of all, the Romans could never have celebrated zeus because zeus was greek and not roman. The romans would celebrate Janus, June etc.

And even if that were the case, the christian would still would have had a zeuscostal.

I know what people do on the day of pentecost and no, it is not drinking and getting drunk. Infact, it was the apostles who spoke in tongues on that day, that the people celebrating the pentecost thought were drunk. The other people who came for the celebration were not drunk for if they had, they wouldn't have been able to think the apostles were drunk as they spoke mumble jomble.

The fact some people drink and get drunk, does not mean that is the essence of the celebration. It is more like saying because people drink and get drunk, on a christmas day, the mystery of the nativity of Jesus, which is what's celebrated on that day, is null and void.

In 1cor 11, Paul was warning the christians about their behaviour when they gather in their houses for the breaking of bread. He was angry about their drinking and getting drunk when they shared communion and he said: "...when you gather for the breaking of bread, it is not the lords meal you do...". Why? Because they abused it by drinking and glutoning. And he said: "...anyone who is hungry should eat in his house".

So the point is: that they glutoned and got drunk, does not take anything away from the Eucharist they shared on that day. There were still some among them who did not gluton and get drunk. For these people, the full benefit of the paschal mystery was still obtained.

In the same way, that some people eat and drank on a pentecost day does not nulify the God of Abraham they were celebrating on that day. The abuse of a thing does not nullify that thing. And this your arguement sounds more like the arguement the Jehovah's withnesses bring up denounce the celebration of easter, christmas and birthdays.

And my dear, you are a pentecostal and don't run away from it!

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by fpeter(f): 8:55am On Jul 04, 2017
zionmade:

Mrs judgement. Are u done? U know the scriptures indeed. For the cult part, if its true it will not change anything in ur life, but if the Holyspirit is actually at work there, u are talking ur way to damnation. so d advice i give to Ignorant hypocrites like u is SHUT UP

Right back at you.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by MiddleDimension: 9:29am On Jul 04, 2017
zionmade:

Indeed yes it is esoteric as u noticed. It takes other churches many years to unravel it and start preaching it. After Pst Chris message on Rhema do u know how many churches dat have sprung up with the name. the name with dunamis and the rest. that's bcoz my pastor has access to the original manuscripts and Hebrew and Greek translations.
for ur frathmerty whatever, I have no business with atheists. the only time I want to discuss with them is face to face because I would prefer to minister to their spirits without going through their bodies or sensory perception

of course you had to do a google search to know the meaning of the word "esoteric".

It took some churches, not all churches. The Catholic, anglican, eastern orthodox, and all the churches that actually train their ministers in theology already knew of a Dunamis, Rhema, and the words Eucharist and sacrament, are very famous words within the eastern and western catholic churches. So again i come to the point: your pst chris is a late comer to those things!

As for FraterMathy, he is not an atheist, he identifies as agnostic, if you know the meaning of thw word.

And i am amazed you need to meet me face to face so you could minister to my spirit. I don't even have a spirit, to begin with! For you to even say you have to meet me first, means you did not even internalize oyakhilome's teachings when he said "thoughts can be tansmitted". Rhapsody oct 12th 2015. Why can't you just sit down where you are and ust think it so that it can have an effect here?

Once again, i come to the point: Oyahkilome's teachings are teachings esoteric organizations already practice a long time before Oyakhilome was born in the '50s. You need to google medifocus and know what it means so that you can now know that your much revered Oyakhs is a new comer.

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by ImaIma1(f): 9:44am On Jul 04, 2017
MiddleDimension:

In summary, it is called brainwashing.

Just look at the way he responds to everyone defending the church and pastor. It is really pitiful. He has to justify every point, explain everything. Some of us have lost our sense of reasoning and intelligence.
Pastor Chris is a mere mortal that makes mistakes too. Let us look up to God and not man.

8 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by mapist(m): 9:57am On Jul 04, 2017
RaptorX:
Most Nigerian churches are nothing more than business centers with the pastors as CEO. Visited Nigeria last year and my sister invited me to her church and I meet her pastor who after noticing I came from abroad mysteriously showed up in our house a few days later purportedly to pay us a visit only to invite me to come see him in the office after the Tuesday service which I attended with my sister(don't evend understand why people go to church on a tuesday)

After the Tuesday service I went to his office thinking we are going to pray or maybe do some spiritual work only for the man to tell me God told him that I should do something big for his church like donating #10 million or buying a #6 million generator for the church and that I must do it before I go back. I was like have heard and I will get back to him and quickly take my leave.

Lmao grin..for Tuesday blessing na.. grin..I'm glad u used your head..smh
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Emmiekeyz(m): 10:24am On Jul 04, 2017
zionmade:

Masturbation is a sin only wen u are thinking about someone who is not ur wife. Otherwise it is not a sin.
well u have ur say in this matter, but it will be better if we abstain totally from it. your insight on masturbation is only for the married now what about the unmarried/singles? is it a criteria for them to go around messing themselves up?
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by zionmade(m): 10:59am On Jul 04, 2017
Emmiekeyz:

well u have ur say in this matter, but it will be better if we abstain totally from it. your insight on masturbation is only for the married now what about the unmarried/singles? is it a criteria for them to go around messing themselves up?
I stand for the married. for the singles OYO. Am just trying to drive the point that it's something else wen incorporated into it makes it a sin. on its own its not
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by zionmade(m): 11:03am On Jul 04, 2017
MiddleDimension:

of course you had to do a google search to know the meaning of the word "esoteric".

It took some churches, not all churches. The Catholic, anglican, eastern orthodox, and all the churches that actually train their ministers in theology already knew of a Dunamis, Rhema, and the words Eucharist and sacrament, are very famous words within the eastern and western catholic churches. So again i come to the point: your pst chris is a late comer to those things!

As for FraterMathy, he is not an atheist, he identifies as agnostic, if you know the meaning of thw word.

And i am amazed you need to meet me face to face so you could minister to my spirit. I don't even have a spirit, to begin with! For you to even say you have to meet me first, means you did not even internalize oyakhilome's teachings when he said "thoughts can be tansmitted". Rhapsody oct 12th 2015. Why can't you just sit down where you are and ust think it so that it can have an effect here?

Once again, i come to the point: Oyahkilome's teachings are teachings esoteric organizations already practice a long time before Oyakhilome was born in the '50s. You need to google medifocus and know what it means so that you can now know that your much revered Oyakhs is a new comer.

u don't know my academic level. esoteric is an English word so thinking I had to go to dinner dictionary to check it up might be an insult to me.
As I said before I don't need u to believe anything before I do Wat I do. But for coming here to argue with an atheist or whatever name u choose its a waste of time so don't bother 1
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by gazilion: 11:09am On Jul 04, 2017
Tonalphs:
Nice thread. I read every damn words. CE is a great church n like every other church that shitz happen. Lemme say it rains everywhere. But one thing I've realized is that if u wanna run this Christian race without anger, bitterness etc, just be a floor member. With that u won't be fully informed bout the deep things happening in the church. I attended deeper life as a growing child n was a choir, wat I saw was the same thing I saw in CE. I guess no one is perfect. Now I attend MFM. Just breeze into church n breeze out. Pray n fellowship with God constantly to keep the faith. Pastor Chris is a teacher of the word of God, I even attend communion service till date. Although I encountered so many things that were a bit not nice, but I guess God knows them that are his. So instead of judging, let's just pray for more Grace for Christians to run the race that's been set before us. PEACE

Please, find a permanent spiritual home for yourself. If you are in MFM, get involved not because you are afraid of finding fault or seeing things you may not like but because you just love God and want to serve him. It is only what you do for Christ that would last. Eternity beckons! I pray to God not to regret anything when I've gone over to the great beyond. MFM is good (I'm not a member). Settle down with them please. Don't breeze in and out!! This is a message from God to you with Love.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by birdman(m): 11:40am On Jul 04, 2017
Arccangel:
after reading all dez comments and supposed" truths", I cant just help but ask -WHICH WAY Which way is now the right way!? So somebody cannot go to church again because you are afraid of what the pastor or members may be doing? I'm just really tired and scared. This kind thing dey kill faith sad

There is only one way, and its not GO this, or daddy that, or apostle whomever. I think many genuine Christians get lured into seeking the easy way out, and fall prey to control by powerful personalities. Remember that the same Jesus that commanded legions of angels washed his disciples feet, not as a ritual for everybody to see in church, but as an instruction of how leaders and shepherds are supposed to be among the flock. If there is any takeaway from these stories, it is to develop and be sure of your personal faith even while fellowshipping with other believers. So that when you see error, you can either correct in love if need be, or leave silently in love if you want to avoid strife.

Above all else, dont let anyone guilt you into giving beyond your faith level. Whatever you do outside of your faith is a waste of your time and resources.If all you can give is 1buck every offering (I have been there), stay there and grow your faith by staying in the Word until you can give 10 bucks, then give 10 bucks. Whatever principle gets you from1 to 10 bucks, will get you to 100bucks. But its going to be your faith primarily...regardless of how many shepherds try to guilt you into giving sacrificial seed angry

ok let me stop b4 i get pissed

2 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by MiddleDimension: 12:20pm On Jul 04, 2017
zionmade:

are u even a Christian?
because if u re one no mistake will ever lead u to write God as god I mean a true Christian is very courteous of not making that mistake.
If u re not a Christian den shut up and stop lying about leaving CE bla bla bla.
For ur info I don't have any damned business with any damned book that doesn't take its root from the Bible went researching on anything spiritual.

no, i am not a christian, i am an atheist, and a proud one at that!

Sorry to burst your bubble. The reason you guys prefer to write your god with a capital "G", does not mean a thing. It only feeds your ego that your god is bigger and better than the 'other Gods' (and that's a deliberate thing i did there), if at all there are 'other Gods'.

If you write allah with a small a, the muslim would rebuke you like you are rebuking me now. But what would his rebuke mean anything to you? Nothing i guess? Now you understand what i mean?

The use of a big g to write your god is nothing but an ego thing for you. It also mean that other religions worship another God, which is a lie!

As for not looking at other book, well, that's because Oyakhs has not told you that the 'word of god' does not start and end with the bible, 66 or 73 books. Don't worry, by the time he finally tells you, i want you to remember this space and know that i told you first.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by mapist(m): 12:58pm On Jul 04, 2017
zionmade:

POINTS OF CORRECTION
Nobody prays to Pst Chris or asks him to pray for them unlike my catholic brethren. Nobody prays in Pst Chris name,nobody sings and add the God of Pst Chris unlike my LFC, Chosen and salvation minstries brethren. So how exactly do we worship Pst Chris?

2. Pst Anita will only be counted a sinner if she remairries the same with Pst Chris, as long as i know in the bible, divorce is not a sin. I dont blame anyone but misunderstanding for their divorce.
3. we dont like the association with people who so much stabbed our church because they call us sinners. They were d same people who supported the removal of Atmospheres for miracles on television, the same people who criticize everything we do, the same people who complained wen Pst Chris ministered with TB Joshua

4.Rhapsody of realities has a two year and one year bible reading plan, the church spend a lot to distribute bibles to hotels, schools etc. In fact CE members can take u from any angle from the bible
I will stop here

Your point 2 is null n void. Anita can only be a sinner alongside the new man she marries if and ONLY if she was the adulterer or divorced without any case of infidelity in her marriage. As long as she aint the adulterer, she is free to remarry. Matthew 19:9, that is if you wish to better your knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by mapist(m): 1:04pm On Jul 04, 2017
birdman:

There is only one way, and its not GO this, or daddy that, or apostle whomever. I think many genuine Christians get lured into seeking the easy way out, and fall prey to control by powerful personalities. Remember that the same Jesus that commanded legions of angels washed his disciples feet, not as a ritual for everybody to see in church, but as an instruction of how leaders and shepherds are supposed to be among the flock. If there is any takeaway from these stories, it is to develop and be sure of your personal faith even while fellowshipping with other believers. So that when you see error, you can either correct in love if need be, or leave silently in love if you want to avoid strife.

Above all else, dont let anyone guilt you into giving beyond your faith level. Whatever you do outside of your faith is a waste of your time and resources.If all you can give is 1buck every offering (I have been there), stay there and grow your faith by staying in the Word until you can give 10 bucks, then give 10 bucks. Whatever principle gets you from1 to 10 bucks, will get you to 100bucks. But its going to be your faith primarily...regardless of how many shepherds try to guilt you into giving sacrificial seed angry

I wee give u my sister to marry, true..chei grin
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by mapist(m): 1:07pm On Jul 04, 2017
Emmiekeyz:

grin grin grin..i love that Q with the entirety of my bombom..

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by ImaIma1(f): 1:17pm On Jul 04, 2017
birdman:

A comment full of God's wisdom,understanding, intelligence and insight.
Our pastors are there not to be worshipped. I don't understand the level of mental and spiritual laziness that some people have that leads them to follow pastors sheepishly. When these pastors are human.

CE fanatics...pls allow Pastor Chris answer to God himself and stop acting like people that have to fight for their "god".

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by MiddleDimension: 2:00pm On Jul 04, 2017
zionmade:

U don't know my likes
I have been in CE longer than u can imagine so whatever u call it bla Bla Bla Bla will never come to an end.
I see u re not a Christian so I will have no business responding to u here.
As I said it before I like it face to face with an atheist because no matter anybody thinks about himself his spirit is subject to the power of God. As for u Bye.
All those cchristians criticizing am still waiting for u guys

of course i know your likes and the fact that i likened you to vatican 1 catholics as well as a simon the ZEALOT in the bible, buttresses that point.

It doesn't matter how long you've been in cris embachy. The point is: i problably knew christ embachy before you ever heard of it.

So you are running away from me now! This means my 'annointing' is having terrible impact on your 'spirit', harrassing it like light harasses darkness.

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 04, 2017
Seun:
I don't know about him, but I am interested.

Well. Jehovah has blessed me. We start tomorrow evening then. Today I have a visitor. Please choose a topic.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 04, 2017
Sarang:

I am fine. How was meeting today? Hope great. Mine was.

I am mostly on WhatsApp. Would like to have you there. What you think?

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by FreshestManny(m): 2:44pm On Jul 04, 2017
birdman:

I like this. Wise words. It is left for those who still have scales in their eyes to read and be free from their scales. Keep it up man.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Ifebazz(m): 5:49pm On Jul 04, 2017
Julivas:

Good evening bro, but you should have asked what i meant by "bible believing church" na?
Do you know mamy of the so called churches have deviated from truth?
.......relying on occultist power to sustain them..
Truth is truth. It has nothing to do with the Bible. Church and bible are inter-woven. So saying 'bible believing' is tautological just like saying Koran believing Mosque.

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by SirGoldEjike(m): 6:20pm On Jul 04, 2017
trustyshoess:

Seriously? So you believe that God created sex solely for procreation? That even a married couple should carelessly have sex that could produce many children that they may not be capable of taking care of? It's not a sin. God was displeased with Onan because he broke his promise to his dad because he married her, slept with her but deliberately didn't get her pregnant. He was deceitful and that was the problem. From the start, he should have refused to marry her since he didn't want to give seed to his brother. Using a condom is not a sin and neither is masturbation. It's lust that's a sin
i agree with you on the issue of Condom, God smote him not because of the spilled seed but his evil motive

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by SirGoldEjike(m): 6:25pm On Jul 04, 2017
achieverme:

Since you believe in the bible so much, can you show me part of the scriptures that say you should use condom?
Lol its obvious that you are only interested in the letter and not the spirit of the holy scriptures,

1) Brother where in the letter of the bible is it written that smoking is a sin?
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by SirGoldEjike(m): 6:31pm On Jul 04, 2017
trustyshoess:

Obviously every Christian is aware of hell. I'm a Christ embassy member and my pastor does mention it from time to time but we don't focus on it. We focus on living a God pleasing life that is free of sin so we don't have to worry about hell
Thats what some people fail to understand, Rather that scream Heaven and Hell to me in every sermon, Teach me Principles and keys From the Scriptures on how to Live on earth a God pleasing Life that would enable me enter into Heaven
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by donnie(m): 6:33pm On Jul 04, 2017
ImaIma1:

A comment full of God's wisdom,understanding, intelligence and insight.
Our pastors are there not to be worshipped. I don't understand the level of mental and spiritual laziness that some people have that leads them to follow pastors sheepishly. When these pastors are human.

CE fanatics...pls allow Pastor Chris answer to God himself and stop acting like people that have to fight for their "god".

Answer to YOU, you u mean? Dey there... we will allow... Mtcheeeew.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Sarang(f): 6:33pm On Jul 04, 2017
AgricSalt:

I am mostly on WhatsApp. Would like to have you there. What you think?

Sure, why not.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 04, 2017
Sarang:

Sure, why not.

Oops

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Emmiekeyz(m): 9:11pm On Jul 04, 2017
zionmade:

I stand for the married. for the singles OYO. Am just trying to drive the point that it's something else wen incorporated into it makes it a sin. on its own its not
ur point is flawed
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Sarang(f): 9:35pm On Jul 04, 2017
AgricSalt:

You can delete it now smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (31) (Reply)

List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December / Serah Joshua And Promise Joshua: TB Joshua's Daughters (Photos) / Pastor U. Uden Dennis Arrested Over Sunday Service In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.