Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Why I Left Christ Embassy Church - Religion (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church (145048 Views)

COVID-19: Christ Embassy Church Shut Down In Akwa Ibom State / FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja / Kairo’s Embassy Church, Uyo Pastor's Wife Lied To Him (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by itsmeurLady(f): 3:04pm On Jul 05, 2017
menxer:

That is nice, follow up is in order. grin

Lol... I'm not doing that

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by synergy85(m): 4:13pm On Jul 05, 2017
Three sessions daily; Various dynamic Speakers; Deep teachings as well as intense praise and worship sessions - IYMC 2017- 19 days to go... Are you ready?

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by kizyalex10(m): 4:49pm On Jul 05, 2017
Maestro21:

Interesting. The moment your own church is robed in it becomes "everybody is entitled to his or her belief".

If you knew this since, why then did you come to this thread to post?
well I had to stop. Here because no matter wht,i don't think u will agree with my point neither will I agree with urs.so arguing endlessly is for idle people.ok u win

2 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by jnrbayano(m): 9:30pm On Jul 05, 2017
obonujoker:
Keep writing against men of God.... God called him not you... God will be the one to judge him..... if you don't like the church, you leave.....

And there is no church where you won't give money, even after offering and tithe.... Church cannot go and steal govt money to run..

I am also not a Christ embassy member...

Where you there when God called him?

What was the date and location where the calling took place?

5 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by slimghost(m): 10:54pm On Jul 05, 2017
mapist:

grin grin grin grin..omo, u badt abeg...u just vex para given his vague points.. grin

My brother, no need going back and forth with a lost soul.
Let him enjoy the yahoo yahoo church with all the nudity and worldliness.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by mapist(m): 11:07pm On Jul 05, 2017
slimghost:

My brother, no need going back and forth with a lost soul.
Let him enjoy the yahoo yahoo church with all the nudity and worldliness.

cheesy cheesy cheesy..i no fit laugh abeg.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Maestro21: 12:20am On Jul 06, 2017
kizyalex10:
well I had to stop. Here because no matter wht,i don't think u will agree with my point neither will I agree with urs.so arguing endlessly is for idle people.ok u win

I was not the one engaging you before. I simply asked a question now.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Maestro21: 12:21am On Jul 06, 2017
jnrbayano:

Where you there when God called him?

What was the date and location where the calling took place?

Is Pope Francis called by God? If he is how do you know? Were you there when God called him? What was the date and location where the calling took place?
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by jnrbayano(m): 9:19am On Jul 06, 2017
Maestro21:

Is Pope Francis called by God? If he is how do you know? Were you there when God called him? What was the date and location where the calling took place?

Yes. The apostles called by Jesus ordained other apostles. There is a clear and recorded unbroken lineage from that time to Pope Francis.

Now, can you answer for Chris?

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Maestro21: 9:49am On Jul 06, 2017
jnrbayano:

Yes. The apostles called by Jesus ordained other apostles. There is a clear and recorded unbroken lineage from that time to Pope Francis.

The problem with this teaching of an unbroken line is that in A.D.1045, Pope Benedict IX was run out of office because of his unworthiness, with Silvester III taking his place. When Benedict IX returned, he sold the Papal throne to Gregory VI, but still refused to give up his own claim to the throne. So at this time, all three men claimed to be the legitimate Pope! Then in 1046, the German Emperor Henry III settled it by deposing all three Popes and appointing a fourth, Clement II.

It's funny that since after 1046 AD, Roman catholic popes have been succeeding a pope appointed by a German emperor. LOL.

As per about Pastor Chris, How did the Jews of John the Baptist's day tell that he was sent from God? That is the same way you can tell for any other person.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Collyno82(m): 4:46pm On Jul 06, 2017
Marchman:
2. Sin Means Nothing at CE
Their teaching regarding to sin is so liberal. They rarely even mention it. The belief is that a Christian cannot sin, but only do wrong. The implicit message here is that ‘if you are saved, you are always saved’. You are a son of God and nothing you do or do not do can change the fact. In other words, heaven is sure. I am really not versed in the Bible to argue with this but what I know is that, this teaching is dangerous. It is like giving one a blank cheque or immunity from sin. What you have is a morally decadent church, starting from the top. Sexual sins are so rampant. You must have read the allegations of Pst Anita against her husband, that he was screwing some top female pastors. Such allegations are common in the church and I believe Pst Anita was very naïve in not understanding what was happening under her nose for decades!

It is not just PSt Chris that has been accused of fornication; his younger brother Rev Ken was also accused of impregnating a member of the South African Church when he pastored it. My friend who was in the church at that time (he also has left) told me that in all practical terms, Rev Ken had a harem in SA, with all manners of girls, mainly young university girls, living in his house. His wife was leading the church at Isolo, Lagos at that time. Apart of the Oyakhilome brothers, sin (or wrong-doing since a Christian cannot sin, according to their belief) is very common among the pastors and laity. Including me. I did a lot of things I’m not proud of as a leader, including fornication. But what struck me is that I was going numb, conscienceless in the church. No message speaks to my struggles to stay upright and not to sin. They do not even talk about such things. The focus of the messages is often on how to be successful, perhaps so you can give more money!

In summary, at CE, sin means nothing!

next
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Collyno82(m): 5:06pm On Jul 06, 2017
bigtt76:
Toh! You've said it all. The Church today has become an avenue of theatrical acts and followers hip rather than fellowship. The pastor's word supercedes God's word these days hence we now have pastors being called daddy or mummy.

Their photographs now are a source of protection to our homes or properties. It has become the equivalent to the mark of blood God directed the Israelite to have on their door posts while preparing to leave Egypt.

We blame a religion that kill in the name of their God but the truth is some church members would do same not for their God but their pastors.
@Op ur observations are apt, but u channel ur observations in the wrong direction. also remember that he is a mere mortal. pls do him a fovour and write him, pointing out all this ur observations. hope u haven't forgotten that iron sharpeneth iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his wife.

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Collyno82(m): 5:10pm On Jul 06, 2017
Marchman:
I have not posted in a while but if you have followed my previous posts, you would know that I used to attend Christ Embassy Church, even though I had reservations about some of their teachings. I finally left the church, phew!
I will use this thread to explain why I quit the church and why I may never attend another Pentecostal/Charismatic church which now appears to me like a sole proprietorship, with the General Overseer or lead pastor as the owner.

1. Excessive premium on Giving money

In Christ Embassy the number one thing they lay emphasis on is giving money. The church can use any tactic to get money from members, including manipulation, threats and the likes. While there is nothing wrong with giving money or time, I believe everything should be balanced and moderate. I think that was why St Paul said we should not give out of target, or threat but as we decide in our heart. In CE, there is nothing like moderation or balance when it comes to giving. They tend to believe literally that everything answers to money. You don’t have a job, give and sow seed. You are infertile, give and sow seed. Your father is sick, give and sow seed. Every message ends with a charge to give money. They collect tithes, offerings, partnerships (money), seeds (more money), first fruits (your whole income in January) and plethora of others.

You are also charged to give for Pastor Chris’s birthday and for all the other pastors. And for projects and the likes too.

Before I started worshipping with the Church, I read the story of the account clerk at the Sheraton Hotel who stole from his employers to give to the church. As a member, I could relate with the man. The Church is obsessed with money. They do not mind how or where you get it. If you want to rise or be noticed or win awards, just give big money. It is this obsession with money that led it to start collecting gate fees from members for its New Year Service at the LoveWorld Convocation Arena in Lagos, which ironically was built by the offerings of the members charged to get in. A lot of people I know personally had gone broke, had their businesses ruined, or fallen out with a loved one because of this teaching by the church.

In summary, at CE, money is everything- EVERYTHING.
@Op ur observations are apt, but u channel ur observations in the wrong direction. also remember that he is a mere mortal. pls do him a fovour and write him, pointing out all this ur observations. hope u haven't forgotten that iron sharpeneth iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his wife.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Collyno82(m): 5:11pm On Jul 06, 2017
Marchman:
2. Sin Means Nothing at CE
Their teaching regarding to sin is so liberal. They rarely even mention it. The belief is that a Christian cannot sin, but only do wrong. The implicit message here is that ‘if you are saved, you are always saved’. You are a son of God and nothing you do or do not do can change the fact. In other words, heaven is sure. I am really not versed in the Bible to argue with this but what I know is that, this teaching is dangerous. It is like giving one a blank cheque or immunity from sin. What you have is a morally decadent church, starting from the top. Sexual sins are so rampant. You must have read the allegations of Pst Anita against her husband, that he was screwing some top female pastors. Such allegations are common in the church and I believe Pst Anita was very naïve in not understanding what was happening under her nose for decades!

It is not just PSt Chris that has been accused of fornication; his younger brother Rev Ken was also accused of impregnating a member of the South African Church when he pastored it. My friend who was in the church at that time (he also has left) told me that in all practical terms, Rev Ken had a harem in SA, with all manners of girls, mainly young university girls, living in his house. His wife was leading the church at Isolo, Lagos at that time. Apart of the Oyakhilome brothers, sin (or wrong-doing since a Christian cannot sin, according to their belief) is very common among the pastors and laity. Including me. I did a lot of things I’m not proud of as a leader, including fornication. But what struck me is that I was going numb, conscienceless in the church. No message speaks to my struggles to stay upright and not to sin. They do not even talk about such things. The focus of the messages is often on how to be successful, perhaps so you can give more money!

In summary, at CE, sin means nothing!

@Op ur observations are apt, but u channel ur observations tru the wrong direction. also remember that he is a mere mortal. pls do him a fovour and write him, pointing out all this ur observations. hope u haven't forgotten that iron sharpeneth iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his wife.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Collyno82(m): 5:11pm On Jul 06, 2017
Marchman:
3. Pastor Chris is the orthodoxy
In CE, Pst Chris is the standard; he is the orthodoxy of the word of God. He is in fact treated like God. His words are law. He could cancel engagements, delay marriages and, in my mother’s language, can do and undo!
Everything revolves around him. He has limitless powers and not inhibited by anything.

And what do they say about absolute power corrupts absolutely?

Exactly what you have in the church. No one dares challenge him. In a godly environment, there should have been some enquiry in to the crisis of his marriage with the objective to mend the issues. But no one dares even raise such issues. People like Joe Agbaje are prepared to lie for him. I recall a time when the issue of PST Chris living separately from his wife came up here, Joe Agbaje defended him, claiming that the couple see often and even go on romantic get-away. It was not true. To all intents and purpose, the man abandoned his wife and family in London while gallivanting around the world with his concubines. This was wrong, but who could challenge the KING? The man had also warned members never to discuss pastors and that they should run away where such matters are being discussed. What you have is a situation where people are so afraid to even consider the allegations against him, so as not to be consumed by fire! SMH!!!

With such a context, the man can get away with anything, including polygamy. He can rewrite the bible, claiming that some portions or verses were not clearly written. He can do ANYTHING, and the staunch members and the pastors would defend him. I mean ANYTHING.

They deify him, call him the ‘Jesus in white suit,’ ‘the Jesus of our time’ and such heresies.
Two personal experiences really got me worried.

A. I was in church one day when a leader in a talk show said, “Pst Chris is not only in Ikeja or Lagos. His spirit is even here right now’’. I was shocked by the comments and obvious deification of a mere mortal. But when the pastor came up, he did not rebuke the speaker or said anything about it. I left for home, thinking hard: What has happened to these people?
B. Th other one was during prayer. The person leading the prayer asked us to pray so that the message of PST Chris will take over the world. Message of Pst Chris? I asked myself. I thought we came there because of the gospel/message of Christ? Does Pst Chris have a different message? Of course, I didn’t participate in that prayer but I was shocked that no one saw anything wrong in this, which validated my growing belief that the church was veering out of the Christian lane into something else.

I will stop here for now. But if challenged by the minions of the church, I have more arsenals. Good day and God bless you.

@Op ur observations are apt, but u channel ur observations tru the wrong direction. also remember that he is a mere mortal. pls do him a fovour and write him, pointing out all this ur observations. hope u haven't forgotten that iron sharpeneth iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his wife.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by jnrbayano(m): 6:30pm On Jul 06, 2017
Maestro21:

As per about Pastor Chris, How did the Jews of John the Baptist's day tell that he was sent from God? That is the same way you can tell for any other person.

Below is a summary of how John the baptist was known:

Isaiah 40:3 (Isaiah's prophesy about the Messenger, John the Baptist)

"The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God."

Malachi 3:1 (Another prophecy about same person)

"Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to this temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts."

John 1:23 (John tells them he is that person in the prophesy)

"He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias."

Matthew 11:7-10 (Jesus concurred and went further to tell people who John the Baptist is and how his lifestyle relates to "desert" )

"And as they departed, Jesus began to say unto the multitudes concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken with the wind? 8. But what went ye out for to see? A man clothed in soft raiment? behold, they that wear soft clothing are in kings' houses. 9. But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? yea, I say unto you, and more than a prophet. 10. For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee."

Who called Chris?

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Maestro21: 1:31am On Jul 07, 2017
jnrbayano:

Below is a summary of how John the baptist was known:

Isaiah 40:3 (Isaiah's prophesy about the Messenger, John the Baptist)

"The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God."

Malachi 3:1 (Another prophecy about same person)

"Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to this temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts."

John 1:23 (John tells them he is that person in the prophesy)

"He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias."

Matthew 11:7-10 (Jesus concurred and went further to tell people who John the Baptist is and how his lifestyle relates to "desert" )

"And as they departed, Jesus began to say unto the multitudes concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken with the wind? 8. But what went ye out for to see? A man clothed in soft raiment? behold, they that wear soft clothing are in kings' houses. 9. But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? yea, I say unto you, and more than a prophet. 10. For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee."

Who called Chris?

John read the scriptures- some of which you listed above (OT), saw his place in it and fulfilled it. People who saw him fulfilling those scriptures confirmed he was called. Jesus did same in Luke 4:21.

Pastor Chris is doing same like Paul said in 2Cor 12:12.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by jnrbayano(m): 10:02pm On Jul 07, 2017
Maestro21:

John read the scriptures- some of which you listed above (OT), saw his place in it and fulfilled it. People who saw him fulfilling those scriptures confirmed he was called. Jesus did same in Luke 4:21.

Pastor Chris is doing same like Paul said in 2Cor 12:12.

2 Cor 12:12

"Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds."

1) In reference to your quote, do you doubt that the devil can also perform signs, wonders and mighty deeds?

2) So you infer that God called Chris to make an appearance on National TV to teach that masturbation isn't a sin?

3) You mean to say that the activities of Chris Oyahkilome's Believers Love World as highlighted by the Op the hallmark of someone/people who is/are called by God (The same God that called St Peter, St Paul etc)?

Sighs!

3 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Maestro21: 10:16pm On Jul 07, 2017
jnrbayano:

2 Cor 12:12

"Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds."

1) In reference to your quote, do you doubt that the devil can also perform signs, wonders and mighty deeds?

2) So you infer that God called Chris to make an appearance on National TV to teach that masturbation isn't a sin?

3) You mean to say that the activities of Chris Oyahkilome's Believers Love World as highlighted by the Op the hallmark of someone/people who is/are called by God (The same God that called St Peter, St Paul etc)?

Sighs!

1. The devil can appear as an angel of light but he cannot heal the sick, cast out demons etc. He cannot cast out himself.

2. He taught that masturbation in itself is not a sin. Add the "in itself".

3. If you read the 2 Cor in it's entirety Paul was accused of swindling people, being a liar, deceiver etc. It is not new. I have followed Pastor Chris' ministry for 15 years and I have been a member for 10. The OP exaggerated many things, misunderstood a few and lied blatantly in others.

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by jnrbayano(m): 11:03pm On Jul 07, 2017
Maestro21:

1. The devil can appear as an angel of light but he cannot heal the sick, cast out demons etc. He cannot cast out himself.

2. He taught that masturbation in itself is not a sin. Add the "in itself".

3. If you read the 2 Cor in it's entirety Paul was accused of swindling people, being a liar, deceiver etc. It is not new. I have followed Pastor Chris' ministry for 15 years and I have been a member for 10. The OP exaggerated many things, misunderstood a few and lied blatantly in others.

1) Can the devil perform signs, wonders and mighty deeds as talked about in the bible verse you put forward. Yes or no? Stop dancing around.

2) Masturbation is a blatant sin because is of a sexual nature. Its only the devil will say otherwise.

3) Are you saying that the Op didn't know exactly what he witnessed in his time with BLW? What are those blatant lies he stated. Point them out meticulously.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Maestro21: 12:56am On Jul 08, 2017
jnrbayano:

1) Can the devil perform signs, wonders and mighty deeds as talked about in the bible verse you put forward. Yes or no? Stop dancing around.

2) Masturbation is a blatant sin because is of a sexual nature. Its only the devil will say otherwise.

3) Are you saying that the Op didn't know exactly what he witnessed in his time with BLW? What are those blatant lies he stated. Point them out meticulously.

1. No the devil cannot perform signs, wonders and mighty deeds.

2. So when a man has sex with his wife he is sinning since it is of a sexual nature?

3. To what end? Not every one deserves a response. Perhaps, if I am convinced you have the right spirit I will. There is a rejoinder by a CE member also, you may look it up.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by paulGrundy(m): 2:51am On Jul 08, 2017
jnrbayano:

The bolded is a big lie. Care to show proof of your claim?
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by lastchild: 12:06pm On Jul 08, 2017
itsmeurLady:
OP this does not only happen in Christ embassy, it happens everywhere as per the giving issue... for ur info, I've been a CEC Member for years now and I've never been broke, it has been from one level of glory to another. Are u saying that the Bible is a liar Givers never lack, it's not possible except u are giving for the wrong reasons. Show me a person that gave and I will show u a person that gave wrongly. U don't kno wat ppl do when the give, so don't be quick to conclude. Yes I kno there are some acts that cld be questioning in my church buh that's bcs we are not perfect, we are all striving towards perfection... pastor does not promote sin, if you study ur bible properly and read ur devotional, it will be difficult for sin to have dominion in ur life. Just if u will let the Holy Spirit guide you to serve God right. Cs the Bible sez not by our power nor by might but by his spirit. So OP go and look for the perfect church to worship in, where there are no offenders but trust me u will be shocked. I'm still in CEC bcs it has improved my spiritual life in terms of praying, speaking positively and seeing things differently from the world's view. It has also built my faith, so OP u have sed ur own, but I can count my blessings from that same church u are condemning. Story plenty for Christ embassy but my dear OP, stay in a Church that above all, will help put the word of God in your spirit. Some pastors even listen to Pastor Chris'msgs to tell you how powerful his messages are. OP take heed lest u fall, Don't let Satan use you to drag ppl away from the body of Christ Cs I don't see the reason y u are posting this... u dey post am make we comot? Comot go where Another church that will still do the same thing
well said by you but what do you have to say about the sexual immorality in CE, or is the poster also lying on that aspect?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by PVision2020(m): 2:25pm On Jul 08, 2017
vicfuntop:

Really sarcasm
Awwhn not so Why don't you invite me for one of your programs. (I hope you stay in Lag)
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Areacode213: 2:44pm On Jul 08, 2017
achieverme:

And one of the gospels of righteousness being preached by Mr Chris oyakhilome involves telling you that masturbation is not a sin? Any, for how long do you want to cover up the lies and errors in your church?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP0CDsvu8DM
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by itsmeurLady(f): 2:57pm On Jul 08, 2017
lastchild:
well said by you but what do you have to say about the sexual immorality in CE, or is the poster also lying on that aspect?
CE is not the only church with sexual immorality, though I'm not supporting it but ....
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by lastchild: 3:17pm On Jul 08, 2017
itsmeurLady:

CE is not the only church with sexual immorality, though I'm not supporting it but ....
my dear the level it happens in CE is alarming, that's the only truth I found in op's write up
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Areacode213: 3:18pm On Jul 08, 2017
achieverme:

And one of the gospels of righteousness being preached by Mr Chris oyakhilome involves telling you that masturbation is not a sin? Any, for how long do you want to cover up the lies and errors in your church?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP0CDsvu8DM

What permissive drivel/hairsplitting is this despite Romans 12:2? We humans and our capacity for sleight. SMH.

Beating the meat no longer explicitly a sin despite the Bible characterizng lust (in the heart) from the base level of intent a.k.a. brainwave?

Must have spilled this heresy at the climax of the the Chris hubris. Even the smut connoisseurs and xhamster Wankmaster-Generals are contrite enough to know better.

Too little sleep probably. Hope he eventually succeeds jerking off out of his spiritual doze.

God have mercy!
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by lightwind(m): 3:52pm On Jul 08, 2017
kizyalex10:
@least is good to honour (HONOUR NT WORSHIP)someone who have attain some certain level of purity by d virtue of being d mother of our savior. Than honouring a mere pastor cum conman who advices his picture nd other items as a mode of protection for his members while he uses body guard.as for preaching,i think u have nt been to catholic bfor,because I think catholic nd maybe deeper life is the only church who doesn't preach about success nd miracle but rather than salvation.because with salvation they believe,other good things will fall into place(i stand to be corrected)all other church wants to preach what u want to hear,hw a lazy man who wouldn't work will get a miraculous phone call that he have won 10. Million naira because of the seed he will sow.in catholic,no one notice u.even if u give 10 million every day,jst give 10k in other church's every week nd stop going to church,u go see hw members. Nd other pastors go full ur house jst to knw if their customer have been snatched by other church.have u heard of charism in catholic?catholic bible society?etc,those groups re there to futher enhance ur life from where the priest stopped.hail Mary full of grace is biblical,even d angel said it nt to talk of u.catholic is maintaining d ancient way of worship.
lol see finishing.. my guy u get 100 point.. twale for u

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Maestro21: 4:04pm On Jul 08, 2017
Areacode213:

What permissive drivel/hairsplitting is this despite Romans 12:2? We humans and our capacity for sleight. SMH.

Beating the meat no longer explicitly a sin despite the Bible characterizng lust (in the heart) from the base level of intent a.k.a. brainwave?

Must have spilled this heresy at the climax of the the Chris hubris. Even the connoisseurs and xhamster Wankmaster-Generals are contrite enough to know better.

Too little sleep probably. Hope he eventually succeeds jerking off out of his spiritual doze.

God have mercy!

The highlighted is the sin expressly stated in the Bible called lust. Or if a man masturbates while having sex with his wife he is sinning? What about men who go for certain tests that require semen?

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by jnrbayano(m): 7:34pm On Jul 08, 2017
Maestro21:

1. No the devil cannot perform signs, wonders and mighty deeds.

2. So when a man has sex with his wife he is sinning since it is of a sexual nature?

3. To what end? Not every one deserves a response. Perhaps, if I am convinced you have the right spirit I will. There is a rejoinder by a CE member also, you may look it up.

1) Pls check out these bible passages:

2 Thess 2:8-9 (St Paul's teaching)

"And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9. Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders."

Rev 13:13-14 (St John's revelations)

"And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, 14. And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live."

Exo 7:11-12 (Moses and Aaron vs Pharaoh's sorcerers)

"Then Pharaoh also called the wise men and the sorcerers: now the magicians of Egypt, they also did in like manner with their enchantments. 12. For they cast down every man his rod, and they became serpents: but Aaron's rod swallowed up their rods."

Matt 24:24 (Jesus Christ himself warns)

"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."

I don't believe you. I believe Paul, John, Moses and Jesus Christ.

2) By sexual nature I meant sexual immorality. Masturbation is an example and sexual immorality is a sin. There shouldn't be any twisting about it. Only the devil thinks its not a sin. Look at what St Paul said in 2 Cor 11:14; And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Do not be deceived by Chris.

3) Dear friend, see what St John teaches below:

1 John: 4.1

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."

The Op in its entirety has already tested the spirit of Chris. I, and many others on evidence here have as well. You can't teach on National TV that masturbation isn't a sin and yet you are of God. Light and darkness has got no business.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by jnrbayano(m): 7:44pm On Jul 08, 2017
paulGrundy:

The bolded is a big lie. Care to show proof of your claim?

I should demand a proof as to why my post is a "big lie" not the other way round.

That burden lies on you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (31) (Reply)

List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December / Serah Joshua And Promise Joshua: TB Joshua's Daughters (Photos) / Pastor U. Uden Dennis Arrested Over Sunday Service In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.