Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,643 members, 7,823,827 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Why I Left Christ Embassy Church - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church (145485 Views)

COVID-19: Christ Embassy Church Shut Down In Akwa Ibom State / FCTA Shuts Down Christ Embassy Church Programme & Wedding Event In Abuja / Kairo’s Embassy Church, Uyo Pastor's Wife Lied To Him (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 02, 2017
akagaba:
Op, wake up... as soon as u left, 500 more people walked in so dont come here and disgrace urself. If u have allowed d devil to take a hold of u, then seek deliverance somehwere becus so many lives are being changed and transformed in Christ Embassy. We dont preach sin in CE cuz thats not what God asked us to preach. We rather preach the goodnews of the gospel of our Lord Jesus and thats the gudnews that brings sinners to God.

For money matter, its only a poor man that speaks d way u do. We give big, very very big in CE and thats becuz we serve a big God so deal with ur poverty.
Are poor people not also children of God, abi, no be the same God we all created in his image!

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by harry41: 2:37pm On Jul 02, 2017
I believe everyone is entitled to their opinions. However, I also think it's wrong to make a generalisation without having all the facts.

Your first point about giving is noted but those who give aren't complaining or not seeing the results of their giving. In the bible, it was recorded in many instances that some people gave their all to a course whether in the old or new testament. You give according to the measure you want. Nobody forces you to give above your means. God sees ur heart remember? And I know that in CE it has been said several times that you can give whatever you have.

On your second point, CE talks about sin but that isn't the church's main focus. The church teaches that if you focus on the word of God, you will learn to live above your fleshly desires. Focusing on sin isn't even scriptural. Please refer to Roman 6-8. CE never glorifies sin. Go and listen to his messages there are several of them on sin and living by the spirit. Furthermore, I find it amazing how ppl just want to believe the wrong things. The issue of masturbation which many have misconstrued is sad. The other pastors on the panel talked expressly on how to overcome masturbation which shows the church doesn't endorse it. Secondly, pastor Chris went further to say that it is not a sin but a habit. He said when you treat it as a habit, it breaks the power over you. Masturbation is a habit and can be overcome.

Lastly, it is contained in several verses of the bible that there's a gospel according to saint Paul, St Peter and so on. So I don't think when they say pst chris's msg that they mean something different or heresy.

I believe everybody should have a relationship with God and seek him personally then by his spirit you can discern rightly.

Thanks

Marchman:
3. Pastor Chris is the orthodoxy
In CE, Pst Chris is the standard; he is the orthodoxy of the word of God. He is in fact treated like God. His words are law. He could cancel engagements, delay marriages and, in my mother’s language, can do and undo!
Everything revolves around him. He has limitless powers and not inhibited by anything.

And what do they say about absolute power corrupts absolutely?

Exactly what you have in the church. No one dares challenge him. In a godly environment, there should have been some enquiry in to the crisis of his marriage with the objective to mend the issues. But no one dares even raise such issues. People like Joe Agbaje are prepared to lie for him. I recall a time when the issue of PST Chris living separately from his wife came up here, Joe Agbaje defended him, claiming that the couple see often and even go on romantic get-away. It was not true. To all intents and purpose, the man abandoned his wife and family in London while gallivanting around the world with his concubines. This was wrong, but who could challenge the KING? The man had also warned members never to discuss pastors and that they should run away where such matters are being discussed. What you have is a situation where people are so afraid to even consider the allegations against him, so as not to be consumed by fire! SMH!!!

With such a context, the man can get away with anything, including polygamy. He can rewrite the bible, claiming that some portions or verses were not clearly written. He can do ANYTHING, and the staunch members and the pastors would defend him. I mean ANYTHING.

They deify him, call him the ‘Jesus in white suit,’ ‘the Jesus of our time’ and such heresies.
Two personal experiences really got me worried.

A. I was in church one day when a leader in a talk show said, “Pst Chris is not only in Ikeja or Lagos. His spirit is even here right now’’. I was shocked by the comments and obvious deification of a mere mortal. But when the pastor came up, he did not rebuke the speaker or said anything about it. I left for home, thinking hard: What has happened to these people?
B. Th other one was during prayer. The person leading the prayer asked us to pray so that the message of PST Chris will take over the world. Message of Pst Chris? I asked myself. I thought we came there because of the gospel/message of Christ? Does Pst Chris have a different message? Of course, I didn’t participate in that prayer but I was shocked that no one saw anything wrong in this, which validated my growing belief that the church was veering out of the Christian lane into something else.

I will stop here for now. But if challenged by the minions of the church, I have more arsenals. Good day and God bless you.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by tete7000(m): 2:37pm On Jul 02, 2017
St. Paul had an encounter with Jesus on the way to Damascus, he became a changed man and was led to a church. Mordern man will claim he has an encounter with the same Jesus but will start his own church. Has Christ, the same yesterday today and forever, changed his modus operandi? Tomorrow they will tell you they are bible-based, bible-believing church. Uhmm!, na so we see am for bible?
Prosperity gospel is of the devil. Any message that says you won't be tried is a lie from the pit of hell. The road to heaven is narrow and hard. Only those who endure will be saved. Do you endure comfort? Jesus said: "In this world you will have trials". Until people can pray that God open their eyes they will not see. The other time, a popular pentecostal pastor acclaimed for holiness organised a grand wedding for his son with limousine to attend to them. The same man will with a wave of hand dismissed another man's wedding if he attempts that. Double standard, yet we call it holiness.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by franzis(m): 2:38pm On Jul 02, 2017
Benekruku:

Re u kidding me?

Is these real life scenario or a movie you watched?

this real life scenario , the person in question is my mum younger brother

7 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Damicute(m): 2:38pm On Jul 02, 2017
PataAlhaja:

Can you all imagine this fool?
SMH
.Na you fool pass
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by bentuzene(m): 2:38pm On Jul 02, 2017
Iconoclaste:
I stopped taking pastor Chris serious when he opened his mouth at a communion Q&A session to say masturbation isn't a sin. I was like WTF.
Its also an open secret that after every night of bliss, the ones that used to be held at the stadium back then, lots of used condoms would be found on the grounds. The youths would usually disappear to dark corners around 3am.

LWKMD same here... well I won't lie though there's too much controversy with that Church!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 02, 2017
happyheart:
... the fact that lots of female pastors lived in white house(official residence) of pastor. Not once did she mention adultery.

Lollll. This guy is truly delusional.
So she has to shout adultery from the top of "white house" before you get the gist.

Bwahahahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by ocelot2006(m): 2:39pm On Jul 02, 2017
I think I'll stick to my Catholic Church and House On The Rock.

6 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Benekruku(m): 2:40pm On Jul 02, 2017
franzis:
this real life scenario , the person in question is my mum younger brother

It's hard t believe but I believe you.

1 Like

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 02, 2017
free2ryhme:

It is the ibos that tribalized the church

I know. That's why I said I am in the west. There is an almost equal no of tribes. Do you understand me ?
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Valmesk(m): 2:40pm On Jul 02, 2017
Okies27:
This one weak me o. Oya, join the church where I worship.
I Don tire for this kind story and I was invited for a program to night at Christ Embassy. I will honor it and see for my self. This story has weakened my enthusiasm .
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by kizmoney(m): 2:41pm On Jul 02, 2017
Until the last day
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 02, 2017
ocelot2006:
I think I'll stick to my Catholic Church and House On The Rock.

Good decision, but while you're at it, educate yourself.

Leo J. Trese's The Faith Explained is a good start

Mention me back if you want a link to download it free on christiandl.
You can also check out this post of mine

2 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by morbeta(m): 2:42pm On Jul 02, 2017
I once lived in a compound in Ikeja where some pastors of Christ embassy were my neighbours.........oboy see groove...babes na beans. we groove ooooooo. The only thing I didn't do with them was Jerry curls. Till I left there groove no finish.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by itsmeurLady(f): 2:42pm On Jul 02, 2017
OP this does not only happen in Christ embassy, it happens everywhere as per the giving issue... for ur info, I've been a CEC Member for years now and I've never been broke, it has been from one level of glory to another. Are u saying that the Bible is a liar Givers never lack, it's not possible except u are giving for the wrong reasons. Show me a person that gave and I will show u a person that gave wrongly. U don't kno wat ppl do when the give, so don't be quick to conclude. Yes I kno there are some acts that cld be questioning in my church buh that's bcs we are not perfect, we are all striving towards perfection... pastor does not promote sin, if you study ur bible properly and read ur devotional, it will be difficult for sin to have dominion in ur life. Just if u will let the Holy Spirit guide you to serve God right. Cs the Bible sez not by our power nor by might but by his spirit. So OP go and look for the perfect church to worship in, where there are no offenders but trust me u will be shocked. I'm still in CEC bcs it has improved my spiritual life in terms of praying, speaking positively and seeing things differently from the world's view. It has also built my faith, so OP u have sed ur own, but I can count my blessings from that same church u are condemning. Story plenty for Christ embassy but my dear OP, stay in a Church that above all, will help put the word of God in your spirit. Some pastors even listen to Pastor Chris'msgs to tell you how powerful his messages are. OP take heed lest u fall, Don't let Satan use you to drag ppl away from the body of Christ Cs I don't see the reason y u are posting this... u dey post am make we comot? Comot go where Another church that will still do the same thing

8 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by gcof(m): 2:42pm On Jul 02, 2017
jaymejate:
THIS GUY is .... i'm sorry to say, is a fool.
you guys have totally forgotten that, the pastors are human being and not has perfect as Jesus u know.
they too always look for a way to get enlightened. so you too you are finding enlightenment that's why you're there.
teachings can never be perfect.
you are to take the ones that is useful to you and throw away the ones that are not.

the ministry of people is different. some is to teach holiness, some to teach on how to give, some is prosperity e.t.c.

and moreover, they didn't force you to give or did they point gun at you to give?
if they are not giving you what you want to hear, go to another place and stop making people feel like the church is diff.

MINISTRY OF EVERYONE IS DIFF.
oga which was the ministry of Jesus Christ?
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Ajicold(f): 2:43pm On Jul 02, 2017
Op You Are So On Point! And 1 Tin I Noticed Is That Majority Of Their Members Are Youth, Speaking In Tongue Is A Must! And They Even Give Awards To The Highest Partner For Sowing Seed O Nt To Talk Of All Those Yeye Guys With Their Annoying Curls, My Brothers Attend The Church So I Kno Wat Am Saying

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by angelyinka(f): 2:43pm On Jul 02, 2017
Hmmm!! I can relate with this post as I myself have once attended the Christ Embassy with the believe that I ll find my faith and hope that had eluded me due to some challenges I was going through then. But I realized that I did some things that didn't help the small fire in me grow.

I eventually zeroed my mind that that isn't the congregation for me.

You are very right with all your reasons I witnessed same first hand.

There is an adage in yoruba that says " to won ba ko Omo, Omo ma tin ara e ko" I hope that is understood.

It simply means whatever is taught in churches this days it will be in our own interest to acquaint ourselves with the Bible so we are not misguided

Happy Sunday Folks[quote][/quote]

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 02, 2017
franzis:
That church refused to join my uncle and his wife in holy matrimony because they calculated the tithe he is owing the church and it amounted to 1.2million naira, delayed the wedding for more than a year in the name of praying , even when he finally wedded in another church , no single person from the church attended

Yeah they can delay wedding, was once a member and also a staff. Most of the things the OP said are 100% true.

The fornication the brothers and sisters commit are horrendous.

The staff's in admin and finance/ marketing dept dey steal church money wella.

Every meetings an offering must be collected. Even if it was the 10th meeting that day.

They charge for wedding and child dedication. Child dedication is 50k.

I pray for those there that are committing sin to fully repent.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by NdukaDoris: 2:44pm On Jul 02, 2017
we will overcome. end time saga, God help us.
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 02, 2017
Marchman:
I have not posted in a while but if you have followed my previous posts, you would know that I used to attend Christ Embassy Church, even though I had reservations about some of their teachings. I finally left the church, phew!
I will use this thread to explain why I quit the church and why I may never attend another Pentecostal/Charismatic church which now appears to me like a sole proprietorship, with the General Overseer or lead pastor as the owner.

1. Excessive premium on Giving money

In Christ Embassy the number one thing they lay emphasis on is giving money. The church can use any tactic to get money from members, including manipulation, threats and the likes. While there is nothing wrong with giving money or time, I believe everything should be balanced and moderate. I think that was why St Paul said we should not give out of target, or threat but as we decide in our heart. In CE, there is nothing like moderation or balance when it comes to giving. They tend to believe literally that everything answers to money. You don’t have a job, give and sow seed. You are infertile, give and sow seed. Your father is sick, give and sow seed. Every message ends with a charge to give money. They collect tithes, offerings, partnerships (money), seeds (more money), first fruits (your whole income in January) and plethora of others.

You are also charged to give for Pastor Chris’s birthday and for all the other pastors. And for projects and the likes too.

Before I started worshipping with the Church, I read the story of the account clerk at the Sheraton Hotel who stole from his employers to give to the church. As a member, I could relate with the man. The Church is obsessed with money. They do not mind how or where you get it. If you want to rise or be noticed or win awards, just give big money. It is this obsession with money that led it to start collecting gate fees from members for its New Year Service at the LoveWorld Convocation Arena in Lagos, which ironically was built by the offerings of the members charged to get in. A lot of people I know personally had gone broke, had their businesses ruined, or fallen out with a loved one because of this teaching by the church.

In summary, at CE, money is everything- EVERYTHING.

I always knew Christ Embassy was a scam. Their pastors drink, smoke & embezzle money. How can such people be spiritual?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Rapture4real(m): 2:44pm On Jul 02, 2017
L
luvmijeje:
Bros, don't give up on God. Don't let anyone deny you of heaven.

Remember all you are seeing has been prophesy in the Bible. Remain unshaken in Him.

I'm a Christian and Gods minister by His grace,I really appreciate this brother for coming up to open up on this.God is happy with you because God wants us to expose the hidden works of darkness in some churches.As this write of this quote has said,it is man who is corrupt,God is still God and Jesus Christ,the Son of God is real and coming back very soon.Malachi 2:1-10 talks about Gods judgement of the priest that has derailed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by mapist(m): 2:45pm On Jul 02, 2017
Marchman:
3. Pastor Chris is the orthodoxy
In CE, Pst Chris is the standard; he is the orthodoxy of the word of God. He is in fact treated like God. His words are law. He could cancel engagements, delay marriages and, in my mother’s language, can do and undo!
Everything revolves around him. He has limitless powers and not inhibited by anything.

And what do they say about absolute power corrupts absolutely?

Exactly what you have in the church. No one dares challenge him. In a godly environment, there should have been some enquiry in to the crisis of his marriage with the objective to mend the issues. But no one dares even raise such issues. People like Joe Agbaje are prepared to lie for him. I recall a time when the issue of PST Chris living separately from his wife came up here, Joe Agbaje defended him, claiming that the couple see often and even go on romantic get-away. It was not true. To all intents and purpose, the man abandoned his wife and family in London while gallivanting around the world with his concubines. This was wrong, but who could challenge the KING? The man had also warned members never to discuss pastors and that they should run away where such matters are being discussed. What you have is a situation where people are so afraid to even consider the allegations against him, so as not to be consumed by fire! SMH!!!

With such a context, the man can get away with anything, including polygamy. He can rewrite the bible, claiming that some portions or verses were not clearly written. He can do ANYTHING, and the staunch members and the pastors would defend him. I mean ANYTHING.

They deify him, call him the ‘Jesus in white suit,’ ‘the Jesus of our time’ and such heresies.
Two personal experiences really got me worried.

A. I was in church one day when a leader in a talk show said, “Pst Chris is not only in Ikeja or Lagos. His spirit is even here right now’’. I was shocked by the comments and obvious deification of a mere mortal. But when the pastor came up, he did not rebuke the speaker or said anything about it. I left for home, thinking hard: What has happened to these people?
B. Th other one was during prayer. The person leading the prayer asked us to pray so that the message of PST Chris will take over the world. Message of Pst Chris? I asked myself. I thought we came there because of the gospel/message of Christ? Does Pst Chris have a different message? Of course, I didn’t participate in that prayer but I was shocked that no one saw anything wrong in this, which validated my growing belief that the church was veering out of the Christian lane into something else.

I will stop here for now. But if challenged by the minions of the church, I have more arsenals. Good day and God bless you.

God bless you more, brother. I pray fervently that God absorbs you and i of our sins. All you said here are some of the things i have always pointed at when arguing with one of there members who is on my contact; she always wants me to leave my church(Catholic) for theirs. My responses have always been centered around some of the things you pointed out here.

Once again, God bless you.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 02, 2017
tete7000:
St. Paul had an encounter with Jeus on the way to Damascus, he became a changed man and was led to a church. Mordern man will claim he has an encounter with the same Jesus but will start his own church. Has Christ, the same yesterday today and forever, changed his modus operandi? Tomorrow they will tell you they are bible-based, bible-believing church. Uhmm!, na so we see am for bible?

Why have I never thought of this? Cos you're a genius.
Good point

Thumping the bible and claiming it is the only authority they recognize. But if you ask them to prove it, they just go round and round. But the bible makes the case for the church as the highest authority. 1 Timothy 3.15

Jesus Christ said that he was gonna build a church. He never said he was gonna give a bible.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 02, 2017
oviejnr:
I've been der for the chicks, they ve got lots of them. They are always single ready to mingle grin
bad pikin...reminds me of a faithful brother(youth leader) engaged to this sis(usher) in my area who used to pray in tongues in the spirit and bedily both day and night, we be wan enter prayer ministry together but she got this moustache on a light skin so I no gree do...so she go pray with ovie my close friend, and from there to anoda prayer mountain...there are still some good ones among them though.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by zabuur: 2:46pm On Jul 02, 2017
Enough said. I am a Muslim but, plz I wanna ask few questions

1. "How should one worship as a Christian? I believe there should be a unique and acceptable way one should worship. Maybe written in the Bible or taught by one of God's apostles."

2. "Is the Bible hard to understand that one needs another man to describe what's in it?"

3. "Who deserves more respect, parents or religious leaders? Even if our parents aren't against us worshipping God. Even if they have led us in the right path?"
Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by charloski(m): 2:47pm On Jul 02, 2017
akagaba:
Op, wake up... as soon as u left, 500 more people walked in so dont come here and disgrace urself. If u have allowed d devil to take a hold of u, then seek deliverance somehwere becus so many lives are being changed and transformed in Christ Embassy. We dont preach sin in CE cuz thats not what God asked us to preach. We rather preach the goodnews of the gospel of our Lord Jesus and thats the gudnews that brings sinners to God.

For money matter, its only a poor man that speaks d way u do. We give big, very very big in CE and thats becuz we serve a big God so deal with ur poverty.

We all know you are a CE member... but what the OP said it's tru.... You don't need to insult him Base on the fact he stated.
My issue is that you CE members see you pastor as All in all.. and I don't like it, The Lord God is the ultimate not mere man... his wife left him, so tell me how can he preach Marriage to me.. ?

If you don't have anything to say.. just walk away.. so many churches are going astray and it hurt m so so bad, that's why other religion take us for granted.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by costandi(m): 2:47pm On Jul 02, 2017
akagaba:

its vision 400 my sister. No time.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 02, 2017
I don't know if I can worship in Nigerian churches again. A redeem pastor I met in US tried to make me worship in his church using the tagline " aren't you tired of the white men's boring kind of worship" to which I replied "are you really confirming Nigerian's kind of worship is some sort of entertainment?"

As a Catholic, if there's a Nigerian version of Catholicism in the US, I'd still dig the white man's kind.

And I'm very pan-African in my views.

11 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by frubben(m): 2:48pm On Jul 02, 2017
akagaba:

na one of them b dis

25 Likes

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Fearlez: 2:48pm On Jul 02, 2017
I have no pity for Op. I actually wish him more disappointed.

In uniben while attending Believers Love world which was the campus fellowship of Christ embassy, I saw everything wrong in that church and quitted within 3 months!

Which pastor could curl his hair with cream every week without missing the schedule? Not even Nollywood actors who are in show business can be so obsessed with their looks.

A man that attended Ambrose Ali university (Ekpoma) speaks with a phony accent. That's deception and marketing strategy.

A man who tasks students for donations during birthdays

A man , although fair in complexion, still bleaches his skin to a shade as fair as him palms.

Only those who are spiritual slaves with chronic mental depletion will not question the ethics of that man long time ago

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Left Christ Embassy Church by Okies27(m): 2:48pm On Jul 02, 2017
Valmesk:
I Don tire for this kind story and I was invited for a program to night at Christ Embassy. I will honor it and see for my self. This story has weakened my enthusiasm .
. Honor it as you have purposed to. There are definitely people in CE who are true worshippers who understands when giving becomes a burden or not. They give within their means and are happy. They may sometimes go the extra mile to give. If you derive joy from giving, then, it won't be a burden.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December / Serah Joshua And Promise Joshua: TB Joshua's Daughters (Photos) / Pastor U. Uden Dennis Arrested Over Sunday Service In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.