Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,760 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research (15160 Views)

Some Igbos From Nigeria Are Jews And The DNA Test Was Fake(pics) / Igbos Are Jews, Not Nigerians - Bishop Orizu. / Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by BabaRamota1980: 11:33pm On Jul 02, 2017
Rossikki:

How many hours in your life have you spent researching the topic?

Be honest.

Lol. I dont need to research the topic. I just need to read outcomes and conclusions of works done by respectable historians in the field of anthropology, history, divinity, science and culture. Their conclusion does not include Yoruba being a jewish people.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by BabaRamota1980: 11:36pm On Jul 02, 2017
Rosikki,
I think you are confusing Canaanites with Judaism or Jews. The two are not the same. Jews are even different from ancient Hebrews. There are Hebrews in modern society that do not practice judaism.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by cumbak60: 11:36pm On Jul 02, 2017
KahlDrogo:
Mynd44, can you close this thread please. angry
Why are you taking so personal... cheesy. abi you no wan learn grin
Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by EvilMetahuman: 11:37pm On Jul 02, 2017
neoOduduwa:
This OP is mad grin

We know who the jews are, they're the flat-headed descendants of Judas Iscariot and they worship Chukwu Okike Abiama grin

Yorubas are not jews for fvck sake. Stop trying to wrap cat sh¡t in dog sh¡t
cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by perez100: 11:38pm On Jul 02, 2017
Pls Igbo have nothing in common with Afonjas.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by Ojiofor: 11:39pm On Jul 02, 2017
Na so,UmuEri and Ijabu Ode are children of Jebusites in Canaan.Thank God I am an indigenous Igbo.The fake Jews should step aside.
Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by BabaRamota1980: 11:51pm On Jul 02, 2017
Hey Rossikki,

Be warned! Yoruba guys dont compromise on stories of our origin at all. We know who we are...from top (Ooni) to individual family compound (Oriki). We have never heard of Jew in our myths, our divinities (400+), our civilization, our oral accounts, our written narratives, our dynasties or in our spiritualism.

Dont start what you cant finish. Do not repeat this error again. You hear?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by Rossikki: 11:56pm On Jul 02, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

Lol. I dont need to research the topic.

Actually you DO, if you want to make assertions about it.

I just need to read outcomes and conclusions of works done by respectable historians in the field of anthropology, history, divinity, science and culture. Their conclusion does not include Yoruba being a jewish people.

They all reached ONE conclusion?

Name me some of these scholars please. Plus their works.

(Why am I here arguing with a lying blockhead?)
Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by ezeagu(m): 11:57pm On Jul 02, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:
Na wah. Maybe now that 'Afonjas' too are thought to be part of the super-duper race of jews, Cownu and his band of thugs will cut Yoruba people some slack. cheesy

Abeg, since when did being a Jew become a fad or badge of honour? Coz me I am not getting this jewish fixation o.

The poster is just confused.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by ezeagu(m): 12:00am On Jul 03, 2017
BabaRamota1980:
Hey Rossikki,

Be warned! Yoruba guys dont compromise on stories of our origin at all. We know who we are...from top (Ooni) to individual family compound (Oriki). We have never heard of Jew in our myths, our divinities (400+), our civilization, our oral accounts, our written narratives, our dynasties or in our spiritualism.

They think Yoruba history is in tatters like the Igbo who anybody can take advantage of, please stop him before una youths start to exhibit confusion like Igbo youths now. Trust me, it's not fun.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by Rossikki: 12:02am On Jul 03, 2017
BabaRamota1980:
Hey Rossikki,

Speak for yourself. Mr.

If you are not a researcher or a historian, you need to slow down and learn. This thread is replete with verified research from credible sources, unless you can't read.
Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by Rossikki: 12:07am On Jul 03, 2017
BabaRamota1980:
Rosikki,
I think you are confusing Canaanites with Judaism or Jews. The two are not the same. Jews are even different from ancient Hebrews. There are Hebrews in modern society that do not practice judaism.

I know that the term Jews relates only to specific people of Judah, while Hebrew refers to the entire Israelite nation. The two terms are used interchangeably nowadays, but you are right, the more accurate term would be 'Hebrews'.

The term 'Jews' referred specifically to inhabitants of Southern Judah. Those people were called Jews by the Romans. The rest Israelite nation as a whole were known as Hebrews.
Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by BabaRamota1980: 12:09am On Jul 03, 2017
Rossikki:

Ok.. mention one 'respectable historian' you've read who researched the issue.

Just focus on promoting Igbo people as Jews. They say they are jews. Work on putting them on world map as a Jewish group.

Yorubas are not Jews, we dont want your solicitation.

Even Professor Lange that you quoted did not call Yorubas Jews.

I noticed where you wrote Ijebu as Ijeeu.....you are cunningly attempting to repeat what Achebe did when he changed name of his ethnic group which for centuries has been known as Ibo and renamed it Igbo to claim ancestry to Ile Ife and the Moremi legend. But we produced the authentic Ugbo to discredit him .

We do not have a people call Ijeeu in Yorubaland. When you regain your sense and respectfully write their name correctly as it has always been known...IJEBU, then return here for a proper discovery on Yoruba history.

I also noticed you slipped Palestine into the Canaan reference with Clapperton account. This is first time Ive seen Caanan referred as Palestine. No one in history of Yorubas and connection to Canaan ever mentioned that.

If you would just write things the way they are you will have credibility. These cunning embellishments may serve good with Ibos who are searching left right and center for a histotical foothold and to them such embellishments is acceptable. To Yorubas who have a very solid historical roots that we are proud of...its an insult to call us Jews or adulterate name of our towns to fit your need for Jew branding. STOP IT!

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by Mynd44: 12:17am On Jul 03, 2017
I totally respect the OP. He is smart. Not that I believe what he post (or some other things he posts)

Then again, the replies are craaaazzzzyyyyy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by Rossikki: 12:19am On Jul 03, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

Just focus on promoting Igbo people as Jews. They say they are jews. Work on putting them on world map as a Jewish group.

Yorubas are not Jews, we dont want your solicitation.

Even Professor Lange that you quoted did not call Yorubas Jews.

I noticed where you wrote Ijebu as Ijeeu.....you are cunningly attempting to repeat what Achebe did when he changed name of his ethnic group which for centuries has been known as Ibo and renamed it Igbo to claim ancestry to Ile Ife and the Moremi legend. But we produced the authentic Ugbo to discredit him .

We do not have a people call Ijeeu in Yorubaland. When you regain your sense and respectfully write their name correctly as it has always been known...IJEBU, then return here for a proper discovery on Yoruba history.

I also noticed you slipped Palestine into the Canaan reference with Clapperton account. This is first time Ive seen Caanan referred as Palestine. No one in history of Yorubas and connection to Canaan ever mentioned that.

If you would just write things the way they are you will have credibility. These cunning embellishments may serve good with Ibos who are searching left right and center for a histotical foothold and to them such embellishments is acceptable. To Yorubas who have a very solid historical roots that we are proud of...its an insult to call us Jews or adulterate name of our towns to fit your need for Jew branding. STOP IT!

Your closed mind is your biggest undoing. There were no 'embellishments' and the research quoted is not mine, but that of well-known and respected scholars. You need to get off this thing of thinking you know all there is to know about Yoruba or any other history. It shows you are not a student of history. Students of history always expect to learn more. Because history is very vast. Wisdom is knowing how little we know - Socrates.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by BabaRamota1980: 12:20am On Jul 03, 2017
Rossikki:

I know that the term Jews relates only to specific descendants of Jacob while Hebrew refers to the entire Abrahamic bloodline. The two terms are used interchangeably nowadays, but you are right, the more accurate term would be 'Hebrews'.

Yoruba history is too complex for outsiders to grasp. This is because Yoruba is not just a ethnic race, it is also a spirituality; Yoruba is not just a language, it is also an emotion; Yoruba is not only a thought, it is also a philosophy; this Yoruba is not just a society, it is also a civilization. Under Yoruba are many aspects of sociology and humanities that are robustly comprehensive and contains within it the many secrets to ancient arts and cults. Yoruba is a curriculum of study on its own. It continues to reveal new dimensions previously unknown. It is self surviving and self sustainable. Calling us Jews is denigrating!

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by BabaRamota1980: 12:24am On Jul 03, 2017
Rossikki:

Your closed mind is your biggest undoing. There were no 'embellishments' and the research quoted is not mine, but that of well-known and respected scholars. You need to get off this thing of thinking you know all there is to know about Yoruba or any other history. It shows you are not a student of history. Students of history always expect to learn more. Because history is very vast. Wisdom is knowing how little we know - Socrates.

Im not the only Yoruba that responded to you here. You notice how quick and rapid the fires kept coming at you? The Yorubas have spoken!

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by ezeagu(m): 2:27am On Jul 03, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

You should have just stuck to what you know, but people on this site do not love doing that.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by haffaze777(m): 7:59am On Jul 03, 2017
Yoruba be Jew kee?rilwayne001 come and see something, shey u be Jew?grincheesy

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by Rilwayne001: 8:30am On Jul 03, 2017
Na werey dey do them. I'd rather be a mallam than be a jew grin

haffaze777:

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by agadez007(m): 10:03am On Jul 03, 2017
It all Makes Sense now,Yoruba Christians are Jews while the Yoruba Muslims are Palestinians

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yoruba Palestinans wont like this at all,O.p is trying to distort their Muslim history
Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by agadez007(m): 10:05am On Jul 03, 2017
haffaze777:
Yoruba muslims have Palestinian heritage while the Yoruba Christians are Jewish
Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by Rilwayne001: 10:27am On Jul 03, 2017
agadez007:

What sort of nonsense is this

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by agadez007(m): 11:07am On Jul 03, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Its Called History
Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by haffaze777(m): 12:28pm On Jul 03, 2017
agadez007:
Yoruba aborisha nko?I can't stop laughingcheesycheesygringrin
Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by tintingz(m): 12:32pm On Jul 03, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Lol, real nonsense.

Yotubas are not from Israel, Jews or Hebrew.

We're Africans, blacks, we Africans are the first homo sapiens, first humans. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 03, 2017
Rossikki:
The Bantu Branch of ‘Africans’ are Hebrew Israelites PART I of II

In this post I would like to establish the fact that the ‘Bantu’ branch of Africans, generally concentrated in the 'sub-Saharan' part of the continent, and their related family branches are actually descendants of the Hebrew Israelites. Identifying the Bantu as the descendants of the Israelites is extremely important. Having the understanding that the Bantu are Israelites is integral in order to gain a broader and more accurate comprehension of who the Israelites are, where their descendants are located, and what contributions they have made to the world.

Many of us are already very familiar with the Zondervan’s Bible Dictionary’s Ham (son of Noah), definition. Those who are not, please become soon familiar with it. However, again, for those of use who are already familiar with the Zondervan’s Bible Dictionary definition of Ham, we know that by it [the definition of Ham] we know that the Negroes are not Ham’s (true African) descendants.

[img]https://arianasiresearch.files./2015/02/unknown.jpeg[/img]
ZONDERVAN’S BIBLE DICTIONARY, DEFINITION OF HAM

In fact, the historical mythology and traditions of the Yoruba people themselves speak of their origins outside of Africa in the Near East (Shemitic) region. Dierk Lange, Prof. Dr. Emeritus, of Bayreuth University in Germany, has performed extensive research concerning many West African groups and their origins in the Near East. In the abstract to one of his many essays, “Dierk Lange: Origin of the Yoruba and “The Lost Tribes of Israel”,” Dierk confirms the traditions of a Levantine (Israelite) origin of the Yoruba Nigerians.

“On the basis of comparative studies between the dynastic tradition of the Oyo-Yoruba and ancient Near Eastern history, the present article argues that Yoruba traditions of provenance, claiming immigration from the Near East, are basically correct. According to Ọyo-Yoruba tradition, the ancestral Yoruba saw the Assyrian conquests of the Israelite kingdom from the ninth and the eighth centuries B.C. from the perspective of the Israelites. After the fall of Samaria in 722 B.C.., they were deported to eastern Syria and adopted the ruling Assyrian kings as their own.” – Origin of the Yoruba and “The Lost Tribes of Israel”, By Dierk Lange

Dierk continues in the same article, stating that the Yoruba, although thought to be of local (African) origins actually migrated to the west coast of Africa from far away (the Mediterranean, the Middle East, and/or Egypt/Nubia). The Yoruba preserved evidence of their ancient Near Eastern (Israelite) ancestral origins despite other cultural influences and traditions superseding their own in Africa over time.

“According to the present opinion, the Yoruba are of local origin [African/Hamite], but this opinion reflects the great influence of post colonialism on African historiography rather than sober text-critical research. It involves the fallacious dismissal of the major traditions of provenance suggesting an origin of the ancestral Yoruba in the Near East. In fact, before the rise of academic African historiography in connection with the independence of African states around 1960, scholars relied more directly on the available traditions of Yoruba origin and they did some comparative research between Yoruba, ancient Mediterranean and Israelite cultures. On the basis of this evidence they suggested that the Yoruba immigrated from far away: either from Phoenicia, the Mediterranean world, Egypt, or Nubia (Biobaku 1955: 8–13; Lange 1995: 40–48). If any of these suppositions could be shown to be true and present opinion to be ideologically biased, it would mean that a culture of the ancient world survived in sub-Saharan Africa, which in the area of origin was superseded by subsequent sweeping developments such as Hellenization, Christianization and Islamization (Lange 1995, 1997, 1999).”

The Igbo people of Nigeria are also known to be descendants of the ancient Hebrew Israelites.

“These be the sons of Leah, which she bare unto Jacob in Padanaram, with his daughter Dinah: all the souls of his sons and his daughters were thirty and three. And the sons of Gad; Ziphion, and Haggi, Shuni, and Ezbon, Eri, and Arodi, and Areli.” – Genesis 49:15-16

This information is noteworthy because it identifies two of the primary tribes of the Niger-Congo branch of West Africans, the Yoruba and Ibo, as being “Middle Eastern”/Shemitic/Semitic Israelites that migrated into to Africa from territories outside of the African continent. The Bantu people are related to the Niger-Congo groups because it is from the Niger-Congo regions that the Bantu expansion originated.

“Members of the German culture historical school were convinced that states in West Africa originated in pre-Roman times as a result of Near Eastern or Mediterranean influences. They noted surprising similarities between the institutions of surviving traditional states all over Africa and therefore believed in a vast movement of diffusion.” – The Founding of Kanem by Assyrian Refugees ca. 600 BCE: Documentary, Linguistic, and Archaeological Evidence, by Dierk Lange

This vast ‘movement of diffusion’ of Near-East/Mediterranean influences all over Africa can be attributed to the consecutive migrations of Israelites into Africa. The earliest movements of diffusion are known as the “Bantu Expansion.”

So, in review, we can infer from the previous information that:

- Zondervan’s Bible Dictionary let’s us know that the Negroes are not Hamites (True Africans) but instead are from Shem (Middle Eastern). The Negroes are Shemitic

- Dierk Lange’s research has made it clear that the [b]Yoruba of the Niger-Congo (Negroland) region are indeed Shemitic.

- The Niger-Congo people had a branch that diffused the Near-East/Mediterranean customs throughout the lands the migrated all over Africa during the Bantu Expansion.[/b]

https://nasiresearch.org/2015/02/07/the-bantu-branch-of-africans-are-hebrew-israelites-part-i-of-ii/

Are you serious? grin

Bantus/Negros originated from West Africa, so they are true African.

Semitic languages developed in the Middle East, while Yoruba language which is part of the Niger-Congo developed in West Africa, so how can you say Yorubas are Semitic?

I will tell you about the origin of Ancient Hebrews/Jews in my next comment.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by Olu317(m): 1:30pm On Jul 03, 2017
Hati13:

Are you serious? grin

Bantus/Negros originated from West Africa, so they are true African.

Semitic languages developed in the Middle East, while Yoruba language which is part of the Niger-Congo developed in West Africa, so how can you say Yorubas are Semitic?

I will tell you about the origin of Ancient Hebrews/Jews in my next comment.
Yoruba language didn't develop in west Africa. You can find similar words (Semitic) shared in Middle East present in Yoruba language. And these words weren't borrowed. Get your facts right!
Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 03, 2017
Dear Rossikki

• Ancient Jewish spoke Hebrew language.

• Hebrew is part of Afro-Asiatic super family language.

• Afro-Asiatic originated in the Horn of Africa(mostly in west Ethiopia) around 8000 BC(10,000 BP). It was a single language back then.

• the ancestors of all the ppl who now speak the different branches of Afro-Asiatic super family language were one ppl and spoke one language(Afro-Asiatic) in the Horn of Africa.

• those one ppl then started to migrate to all direction from 8000 BC onwards and through time their language and appearance started to differ from one another. Those ppl now speak the Afro-Asiatic super family branches of:-
- Cushitic family language
- Semitic family language
- Omotic family language
- Berber family language
- Chadic family language, and
- Ancient Egyptians language (extinct)

• Ancient Hebrews were black ppl with Caucasian features. They weren't black Negros or white ppl. Semite and Berber ppl were first black in skin tone, but through time they mixed with Indo-Europeans and the current Arabs, Jews and Berbers are products of this mixing.

• Ancient Hebrews(Semite) looked similar to a certain extent like their current sisters Cushite ppl.

The following pictures are:-
- Map of Afro-Asiatic and it's branches
- Cushite (Oromo man)
- Cushite (Afar man)
- Cushite (Agew ppl)

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 03, 2017
Olu317:
Yoruba language didn't develop in west Africa. You can find similar words (Semitic) shared in Middle East present in Yoruba language. And these words weren't borrowed. Get your facts right!
Universal facts of any language
- it lend for others, and
- borrow from others

But it doesn't mean that a specific language doesn't has a specific place of origin and the origin of the different Yoruba languages are in West Africa according to language scholars.

Get your facts right!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoruba_language

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by Demmzy15(m): 2:50pm On Jul 03, 2017
Rilwayne001:

grin grin grin grin Aya mi ja gan sef!!! grin grin
Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by Rilwayne001: 2:54pm On Jul 03, 2017
Demmzy15:
grin grin grin grin Aya mi ja gan sef!!! grin grin

The guy has mental issues I guess undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Let's Learn Swahili / Oluwo Of Iwo To Engrave Faces Of Mandela, Nkrumah, Awolowo, Others On Stone / Agbowu Akinropo Sues Oluwo Akanbi, Demands N100 Million Damages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.