Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,079 members, 7,814,744 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research (15158 Views)

Some Igbos From Nigeria Are Jews And The DNA Test Was Fake(pics) / Igbos Are Jews, Not Nigerians - Bishop Orizu. / Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by Demmzy15(m): 2:57pm On Jul 03, 2017
Rilwayne001:
Na werey dey do them. I'd rather be a mallam than be a jew grin

grin

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by Demmzy15(m): 3:02pm On Jul 03, 2017
Rilwayne001:

The guy has mental issues I guess undecided
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by Olu317(m): 3:07pm On Jul 03, 2017
Hati13:

Universal facts of any language
- it lend for others, and
- borrow from others

But it doesn't mean that a specific language doesn't has a specific place of origin and the origin of the different Yoruba languages are in West Africa according to language scholars.

Get your facts right!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoruba_language
You are quoting 20st century information. I said go back to history and check words. KING SOLOMON WAS A BLACK MAN.
My ancestor's name was OLU-“SI".
The Yoruba “SI" is the same meaning with Semitic “SI" = EXIST / LIVING.

I WILL BE RIGHT BACK
Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by aydes: 6:38pm On Jul 03, 2017
Rossikki:
Yorubas - Sons of Ephraim

As stated in my books regarding the Igbos, the father of the Yoruba people, Oduduwa traveled with Gad’s sons, Eri, Areli and Arodi from North Africa, likely Egypt and settled in what today is known as Nigeria. This would coincide with Yoruba oral history that they believe to come from outside of West Africa and thus it would be no surprise that we might find Israelites, Hebrews and Jews among the Yoruba.

Oduduwa was said to be a descendant of Ham, through Nimrod also called Lamurudu, this according to Yoruba Christian Samuel Johnson in 1880. Sultan Bello, Caliph of Sokoto was quoted in 1820 by Hugh Clapperton to have said that the Yoruba people were descendants of a Canaanite tribe. And S.O. Obiaku a Nigerian Historian claimed the Yoruba’s to originate from the Sudan or what was known as Cush/Kush (Ethiopia).

However, some say “Yoruba” is a corruption of the name “Jacob” or in Hebrew, “Yacob.” Others assert that Yoruba is from “Yerubbaal,” the “People of Baal.”

But the current Yoruba Jewish population who claim to come from the Israeli tribe of Ephraim was said to have been driven to Yorubaland from Morocco by Muslims and eventually mingled with Yoruba people. These black Jews in southern Nigeria are called the "Emo Yo Quaim", or "Strange People", by the native Africans, but these black Jews call themselves, "B'nai Ephraim" or "Sons of Ephraim". These Jews who claim that their ancestors came from Morocco is supported by their language which appears to be a mixture of Maghrebi Arabic and local Negro speech. Thus abu (father) has become Yaaba, from the Hebrew word “Abba” and “Umm” (mother) is “Em” from the Hebrew, "Ima". Nevertheless, most of their language is similar to the Yoruba’s around them.

These Yoruba, “Sons of Ephraim” observe certain Jewish customs, among which are the great holy days, naming of children on the 8th day, etc. In almost every way, these black Jews are like the Yorubas, and are hardly distinguishable from them, except for some outstanding Hebrew observances.

But there is doubt whether any from this group exists today among the Yoruba.

There is a clan among the Yoruba People called the "Ijeeu," which is believed to be a corruption of the word “Hebrew” or “Jew.” They are looked down upon by the rest of the Yoruba for displaying Igbo-like character and traits, one of which is business prowess. There is even a town in Yorubaland called, "Ijuee-Igbo." Much if the Ijeeu people resent and deny this connection with them and Ndi Igbo.

http://www.hebrewigbo.com/yoruba---sons-of-ephriam.html

Please any biblical reference to this??
Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by Favor99(m): 6:32am On Jul 04, 2017
Rossikki:

As stated in my books regarding the Igbos, the father of the Yoruba people, Oduduwa traveled with Gad’s sons, Eri, Areli and Arodi from North Africa, likely Egypt and settled in what today is known as Nigeria. This would coincide with Yoruba oral history that they believe to come from outside of West Africa and thus it would be no surprise that we might find Israelites, Hebrews and Jews among the Yoruba.

Oduduwa was said to be a descendant of Ham, through Nimrod also called Lamurudu, this according to Yoruba Christian Samuel Johnson in 1880. Sultan Bello, Caliph of Sokoto was quoted in 1820 by Hugh Clapperton to have said that the Yoruba people were descendants of a Canaanite tribe. And S.O. Obiaku a Nigerian Historian claimed the Yoruba’s to originate from the Sudan or what was known as Cush/Kush (Ethiopia).

However, some say “Yoruba” is a corruption of the name “Jacob” or in Hebrew, “Yacob.” Others assert that Yoruba is from “Yerubbaal,” the “People of Baal.”

But the current Yoruba Jewish population who claim to come from the Israeli tribe of Ephraim was said to have been driven to Yorubaland from Morocco by Muslims and eventually mingled with Yoruba people. These black Jews in southern Nigeria are called the "Emo Yo Quaim", or "Strange People", by the native Africans, but these black Jews call themselves, "B'nai Ephraim" or "Sons of Ephraim". These Jews who claim that their ancestors came from Morocco is supported by their language which appears to be a mixture of Maghrebi Arabic and local Negro speech. Thus abu (father) has become Yaaba, from the Hebrew word “Abba” and “Umm” (mother) is “Em” from the Hebrew, "Ima". Nevertheless, most of their language is similar to the Yoruba’s around them.

These Yoruba, “Sons of Ephraim” observe certain Jewish customs, among which are the great holy days, naming of children on the 8th day, etc. In almost every way, these black Jews are like the Yorubas, and are hardly distinguishable from them, except for some outstanding Hebrew observances.

There is a clan among the Yoruba People called the "Ijeeu," which is believed to be a corruption of the word “Hebrew” or “Jew.” They are looked down upon by the rest of the Yoruba for displaying Igbo-like character and traits, one of which is business prowess. There is even a town in Yorubaland called, "Ijuee-Igbo." Much if the Ijeeu people resent and deny this connection with them and Ndi Igbo.

What's wrong with you? It said Yorubas are canaanaites in the article you posted not Jews.
Canaanite and Hebrew are 2 different things. Canaanites are the sons of Ham. Hebrews are the sons of Shem. The articles were saying Yorubas are from Canaan. I'm not saying that Yorubas are canaanites, I'm saying your articles are saying Yorubas are canaanites. It howvever mentioned that a small segment of Yorubas called the Bnai ephraim were Jews. It's didn't say all Yorubas are Jews, only a certain segment of Yorubas called the bnai ephraim.
Boy, can't you read?

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:21pm On Jul 04, 2017
Tired of this fuccking cretin and his obsession with Jews because of his own raging inferiority complex. And the half-wit has the most gullible propensity to completely absorb any mooronic ramblings and fantastical claims in random obscure blogs on the internet with no scholarly, peer-reviewed credibility other than conforming with his own wild fantasies. How utterly pathetic and insecure do you have to be to constantly seek to attach yourself to a distant, foreign ethnicity and appropriate their history and culture just because your ancestors who were illiterates have no documented history. And the clown and his fellow travellers on this repugnant path don't realize how they embarrass themselves and Igbos with their stewpidity. I tire I swear.... angry

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:36pm On Jul 04, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

Just focus on promoting Igbo people as Jews. They say they are jews. Work on putting them on world map as a Jewish group.

Yorubas are not Jews, we dont want your solicitation.

Even Professor Lange that you quoted did not call Yorubas Jews.

I noticed where you wrote Ijebu as Ijeeu.....you are cunningly attempting to repeat what Achebe did when he changed name of his ethnic group which for centuries has been known as Ibo and renamed it Igbo to claim ancestry to Ile Ife and the Moremi legend. But we produced the authentic Ugbo to discredit him .

We do not have a people call Ijeeu in Yorubaland. When you regain your sense and respectfully write their name correctly as it has always been known...IJEBU, then return here for a proper discovery on Yoruba history.

I also noticed you slipped Palestine into the Canaan reference with Clapperton account. This is first time Ive seen Caanan referred as Palestine. No one in history of Yorubas and connection to Canaan ever mentioned that.

If you would just write things the way they are you will have credibility. These cunning embellishments may serve good with Ibos who are searching left right and center for a histotical foothold and to them such embellishments is acceptable. To Yorubas who have a very solid historical roots that we are proud of...its an insult to call us Jews or adulterate name of our towns to fit your need for Jew branding. STOP IT!

I agree with most of your riposte to that clown, but your claims in the bolded is ridiculous. You make it sound like we started calling ourselves "Igbo" because of Achebe. That is what we've always called ourselves. That others call us something different doesn't make it the "correct" name. That French people pronounce Paris as "Paree" while everyone else calls in Paris doesn't somehow make the majority right and the French wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by absoluteSuccess: 1:55pm On Jul 04, 2017
Good effort at op,

Research is not done to excite a people about what they want to hear, if not, every foolish comment would have been called thesis.

Research is a call to re search what we hold to be true if indeed its truth. But layman with regular thinking finds words to berate critical exercise as unnecessary.

I appeal to the indept use of wit, only the deep calleth to the deep.

Iju is the word with the same meaning as Jew in Yoruba, or Iyewu, which is old Yoruba for home or abode. The jew are called YEWUDI by their closest neighbours, the Bedouin.

Iju is a branch and not the whole, the children of Joseph are the Ajase or Jose, iduntafa, Jose iduntafa means Jose, the pain archer: this echoes with the oriki on Joseph that says:

'The archers have sorely hurt him, short at him, and hate him, but the hands were made strong...
Gen 49:23.

The point is, scriptural anecdotes are preserved in Yoruba history, we can fimd concrete pointers as much as we want. But expecting wisdom where none exist is a cause in futility. Fact is sacred, only special people can fathom sacred facts.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by MetaPhysical: 3:04am On Jul 06, 2017
^^^^
Ogbeni, A ye e kale!

Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by Olu317(m): 7:54am On Jul 06, 2017
Yorubas, lived in the land of “UR"(ORUN).The history of Hebrews started from the Mesopotamia . This is because Ur in the south and Haran in the north. Mesopotamia was a rich agricultural area, fed by irrigation from the two rivers which give it its name: the Tigris and the Euphrates. This is the place where Yorubas came from,using this panegyric of Odu IFA; Ni gba ti Orunmila n bo lati Ajulè ORUN si Ayè. “Aj"ule is the same as Semitic word (Haj–Semitic term for movement/coming to a new place for visiting ) .While “Orun" is the same with “UR", the land where Ark of God resided and spoke with the prophet known as Orunmiela .This is the land of Hebrews as well as other groups/neighbours of the Hebrews . While the word Ayè , true meaning, is new place founded/migrated to. This is the reason for multiple claim by many Yorubas claiming descendants from “ORUN,"(UR). Olu-Orun (God of UR that owns all). And the thought of being buried after death anywhere the Yoruba find themselves , means the returning to the spiritual homes of their ancestors. And this is reason that Yoruba can BURY their dead anywhere and do EXHUME, when such time arises. This belief is synonyms with Hebrews as it is known that one returns back to his maker.
Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by Olu317(m): 8:08am On Jul 06, 2017
ORUNMIELA(ORUN—M–"ILA/ELA) WAS THE HEBREWS PROPHET CALLED — “ELA"SER.
Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by Olu317(m): 10:25am On Jul 06, 2017
Hati13:

- borrow from others

But it doesn't mean that a specific language doesn't has a specific place of origin and the origin of the different Yoruba languages are in West Africa according to language scholars.

Get your facts right!
Oral history,tradition and scientific proof has shown that Yoruba are Hebrews group. The same DNA is also present in Ethiopia Jew (LEMBA)
All E1b means is an ancient hunter-gatherer population. These were the advanced people and Yoruba DNA have showed that 93%+ carry these blood group but it is ABSCENT IN AMHARA.
Haplogroup E1b1a Y-Dna on Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_E1b1a_(Y-DNA)

Get your facts accurate .
Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by Olu317(m): 10:25am On Jul 06, 2017
Hati13:

- borrow from others

Get your facts right!
Oral history,tradition and scientific proof has shown that Yoruba are Hebrews group. The same DNA is also present in Ethiopia Jew (LEMBA)
All E1b means an ancient hunter-gatherer population.A more advanced group than original/ancient Africans . These were the advanced people and Yoruba DNA have showed that 93%+ carry these blood group but it is ABSCENT IN AMHARA.
Haplogroup E1b1a Y-Dna on Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_E1b1a_(Y-DNA)

Get your facts accurate .....
Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by absoluteSuccess: 5:14pm On Jul 06, 2017
MetaPhysical:
^^^^
Ogbeni, A ye e kale!

Wow boss!
Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by absoluteSuccess: 5:38pm On Jul 06, 2017
Olu317:
ORUNMIELA(ORUN—M–"ILA/ELA) WAS THE HEBREWS PROPHET CALLED — “ELA"SER.

I was once searching for info on engedi at one time online, I was amazed at enrigialous. My bro this was really strange. Erigialo and en rigialos maintain the same linguistic and phonological mystery as enrigialos and exactly the same symbolism.

Today, the word en rigialos is substituted for Cades. What do en rigialous have in common with erigialo? The two terms alludes to palms and symbolic with wisdom, and the words citing Cades belong to Solomon. Orunmila, Yoruba icon for wisdom is identified as erigialo or palmtree, ope.

That's why I conclude that Orunmila (heaven tremble open) is Yoruba for king Solomon, whose sacrifice caused the heavens to open and the glory of God covers the temple. He stood for sacrifice to God and the same is the tenet of Ifa, to this day.

Orunmila is Yoruba for king Solomon.
Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by Olu317(m): 7:21pm On Jul 06, 2017
absoluteSuccess:

I was once searching for info on engedi at one time online, I was amazed at enrigialous. My bro this was really strange. Erigialo and en rigialos maintain the same linguistic and phonological mystery as enrigialos and exactly the same symbolism.

Today, the word en rigialos is substituted for Cades. What do en rigialous have in common with erigialo? The two terms alludes to palms and symbolic with wisdom, and the words citing Cades belong to Solomon. Orunmila, Yoruba icon for wisdom is identified as erigialo or palmtree, ope.

That's why I conclude that Orunmila (heaven tremble open) is Yoruba for king Solomon, whose sacrifice caused the heavens to open and the glory of God covers the temple. He stood for sacrifice to God and the same is the tenet of Ifa, to this day.

Orunmila is Yoruba for king Solomon.
This is indeed a perspective I need to verify too as you have opined your finding. However, considering the real myth about Orunmiela, whose lifetime can't be pinned down so as to ascertain the exact period he existed. There is no exact genuine information of when he existed which got me wondering and trying to dig deep into the meaning of the name without making reference to the regular interpretation I am used to. This is because, Orun –UR existed in Mesopotamia. And I have seen account of three or so Yoruba Towns claiming they came from ORUN–UR. The accepted account of Orun in Yoruba is said to be HEAVEN. But there is no way scientifically that one can come from HEAVEN as it seems, which directly gave me the notion about checking out certain information about the ancient Yoruba meaning of Orun. My drawn conclusion is that ORUN was the original home, which was the reason references were always made to it in Odu IFA panegyric. “Ajule Orun si Ayè" is a critical statement that need serious verification. Having inferred this, King Solomon came later and he was not a PRIEST. There were spiritually sound priests during his reign as a king. But he had a ring that it is identified with today's Solomons knot. This ring was said to have potency of a form that it was called then as MAGICAL RING by those who knew him. Although the ring was said to be magical but he didn't misuse it because he was godly. In all of these, my summation is that Orunmiela existed before Solomon
Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by absoluteSuccess: 8:29pm On Jul 06, 2017
Olu317:
This is indeed a perspective I need to verify too as you have opined your finding. However, considering the real myth about Orunmiela, whose lifetime can't be pinned down so as to ascertain the exact period he existed. There is no exact genuine information of when he existed which got me wondering and trying to dig deep into the meaning of the name without making reference to the regular interpretation I am used to. This is because, Orun –UR existed in Mesopotamia. And I have seen account of three or so Yoruba Towns claiming they came from ORUN–UR. The accepted account of Orun in Yoruba is said to be HEAVEN. But there is no way scientifically that one can come from HEAVEN as it seems, which directly gave me the notion about checking out certain information about the ancient Yoruba meaning of Orun. My drawn conclusion is that ORUN was the original home, which was the reason references were always made to it in Odu IFA panegyric. “Ajule Orun si Ayè" is a critical statement that need serious verification. Having inferred this, King Solomon came later and he was not a PRIEST. There were spiritually sound priests during his reign as a king. But he had a ring that it is identified with today's Solomons knot. This ring was said to have potency of a form that it was called then as MAGICAL RING by those who knew him. Although the ring was said to be magical but he didn't misuse it because he was godly. In all of these, my summation is that Orunmiela existed before Solomon

You are right about Orun being Ur, but it also has to do with heaven as long as we won't deprive Yoruba language of a word for heaven because of that historical usage. What often happen is that our ancestors came with certain words which their descendants before us re-assigned with new Yoruboid meaning but which still coaligates elsewhere with another word, my take is, we uphold both manifestation to preserve the linguistic investment down the ages.

So there is a faculty that got it shrewed in mystery, the key that unlock the mystery is 'alede Orun' meaning 'the land of the tongue that is heavenly' perhaps orun is just a short for that saying. How many culture obsess their tongue with heaven in historical tradition than the hebrew? Follow by the Arabs who copies them.

Orunmila is a title, not the real name, it has to do with a historic event. I think the mystic order of Urim and Thunim or Ifodu (Ifa Odu) given here as Ephod is older order, it was used to draw out wisdom, and that's why Solomon said he was exalted like the palms of en arigialos. The palms were ikin ifa in Yoruba.

the words, "I was exalted like a palm tree in Cades" (’en aígialoîs), which occur in Sirach 24:18, may perhaps be understood of the palm trees of Engaddi.

What if the palm tree mentioned here were actually the source of ikin once used to consult Ifa or deduce wisdom at such historical time? Well Cades is eringialos and Orunmila is equally called Erigialo, which has no intelligible meaning in Yoruba other than seldom name for Orunmila, who is also call palms (ope) in Yoruba..
Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by Olu317(m): 10:24pm On Jul 06, 2017
absoluteSuccess:

You are right about Orun being Ur, but it also has to do with heaven as long as we won't deprive Yoruba language of a word for heaven because of that historical usage. What often happen is that our ancestors came with certain words which their descendants before us re-assigned with new Yoruboid meaning but which still coaligates elsewhere with another word, my take is, we uphold both manifestation to preserve the linguistic investment down the ages.

So there is a faculty that got it shrewed in mystery, the key that unlock the mystery is 'alede Orun' meaning 'the land of the tongue that is heavenly' perhaps orun is just a short for that saying. How many culture obsess their tongue with heaven in historical tradition than the hebrew? Follow by the Arabs who copies them.

Orunmila is a title, not the real name, it has to do with a historic event. I think the mystic order of Urim and Thunim or Ifodu (Ifa Odu) given here as Ephod is older order, it was used to draw out wisdom, and that's why Solomon said he was exalted like the palms of en arigialos. The palms were ikin ifa in Yoruba.

What if the palm tree mentioned here were actually the source of ikin once used to consult Ifa or deduce wisdom at such historical time? Well Cades is eringialos and Orunmila is equally called Erigialo, which has no intelligible meaning in Yoruba other than seldom name for Orunmila, who is also call palms (ope) in Yoruba..
I haven't read the other other sirac book of all wisdom in totality. However, the assertion you made about eringialo been used for Solomon which is the same coined appellation word for Orunmiela. I know that Solomon was filled with wisdom beyond imagination, spiritually and mystically powerful. He was not from the lineage of priesthood, despite the fact that he was also spiritually inclined as well but he was from a kingly lineage . However, Orunmiela was so consecrated himself from filth and all form of indiscipline . And there was no mention of him having 100s of wife not to mention 1000+ wives and concubines of Solomon.
Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by Olu317(m): 10:26pm On Jul 06, 2017
Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by absoluteSuccess: 9:26am On Jul 07, 2017
Olu317:
I haven't read the other other sirac book of all wisdom in totality. However, the assertion you made about eringialo been used for Solomon which is the same coined appellation word for Orunmiela. I know that Solomon was filled with wisdom beyond imagination, spiritually and mystically powerful. He was not from the lineage of priesthood, despite the fact that he was also spiritually inclined as well but he was from a kingly lineage . However, Orunmiela was so consecrated himself from filth and all form of indiscipline . And there was no mention of him having 100s of wife not to mention 1000+ wives and concubines of Solomon.

Ok,

There is something metaphysical has been saying before now, that Araba is identical with Rabbi. Araba is the chief priest of Ifa adherents. I'm of the view that mysteries comes in compound forms hence Orumila cannot just be Eliasa and that's just, you get? It has to come with one or more supportive mysteries.

For instance, En Gedhi is to me a root word for Ebedi, Egbeji and Ein Gbeti: ein is Yoruba for palms or kernels which is what Ein Gedi is famed for. Ebedi is from Iseyin, Is-ein: still a drop of ein, the palm. Egbeji is Yoruboid hybrid, meaning well versed in charms or hamulet. Ein Gbeti is closest version to Ein Ghedi.

Now, metaphysical has revealed the import of Araba, I have claimed Ein Gedi has to do with erigialo, because of the en aigialois. Now the stunner is the fact that the said place is under betharaba, meaning 'house of Araba' that's what I mean by compound-mystery, which is less complicated than complex-mystery.

Now where is house of Araba in Yorubaland? Yet we claim all mystery reside in Yorubaland but why don't we have a name to the origin of Ifa or its highest authority? No people can claim autonomy out of sheer pride without an iota of knowledge. All of humanity are connected one way or the other.
Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by Olu317(m): 7:22pm On Jul 07, 2017
absoluteSuccess:

Ok,

There is something metaphysical has been saying before now, that Araba is identical with Rabbi. Araba is the chief priest of Ifa adherents. I'm of the view that mysteries comes in compound forms hence Orumila cannot just be Eliasa and that's just, you get? It has to come with one or more supportive mysteries.

For instance, En Gedhi is to me a root word for Ebedi, Egbeji and Ein Gbeti: ein is Yoruba for palms or kernels which is what Ein Gedi is famed for. Ebedi is from Iseyin, Is-ein: still a drop of ein, the palm. Egbeji is Yoruboid hybrid, meaning well versed in charms or hamulet. Ein Gbeti is closest version to Ein Ghedi.

Now, metaphysical has revealed the import of Araba, I have claimed Ein Gedi has to do with erigialo, because of the en aigialois. Now the stunner is the fact that the said place is under betharaba, meaning 'house of Araba' that's what I mean by compound-mystery, which is less complicated than complex-mystery.

Now where is house of Araba in Yorubaland? Yet we claim all mystery reside in Yorubaland but why don't we have a name to the origin of Ifa or its highest authority? No people can claim autonomy out of sheer pride without an iota of knowledge. All of humanity are connected one way or the other.
You did threw more into the mystery and I got your drift. However, what drew my attention was the ORUN “M" I/ E LA. His name was just a pointer(ELA–SAR) because he was the first to be identified with such as a priest . Anyway, as you rightly mentioned, more evidence need provided.
Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by absoluteSuccess: 7:58pm On Jul 07, 2017
Olu317:
You did threw more into the mystery and I got your drift. However, what drew my attention was the ORUN “M" I/ E LA. His name was just a pointer(ELA–SAR) because he was the first to be identified with such as a priest . Anyway, as you rightly mentioned, more evidence need provided.

Very well, the historical entries at our disposal are very slippery and sophisticated. Time is the revealer of all secrets.

I was wandering on what gbeti is, I think its intelligible in Yoruba: Gbeti 'fails to dry up', this follows that ein gbeti is behind a water that has failed to dry up.

If we are very patience, and have our hands on the plow, our language will furnish us with amazing secrets.
Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by Olu317(m): 8:42pm On Jul 07, 2017
absoluteSuccess:

Very well, the historical entries at our disposal are very slippery and sophisticated. Time is the revealer of all secrets.

I was wandering on what gbeti is, I think its intelligible in Yoruba: Gbeti 'fails to dry up', this follows that ein gbeti is behind a water that has failed to dry up.

If we are very patience, and have our hands on the plow, our language will furnish us with amazing secrets.
Yes, ofcourse, to fail to dry up is one perfect meaning of Gbeti.Although there is a town called IGBETI in Yoruba land as well. There are so many names in Yoruba land that the original meaning have been gone with the wind.Even many words with its original meaning gone without being properly kept. The only group of people that may still be original is ANCIENT SOCIETIES/ CULTS YORUBA words. Even among these people, many join for connection purpose and not to learn anything about the mystery of Yoruba land. And these are the only place most ancient Yoruba words are coded among the core priests and able members because these ancient words come with conjuring and POTENCY is unrivaled...
Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by aiir2303(m): 10:04pm On Jul 07, 2017
I'm impressed with the info being shared
Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by baby124: 6:10am On Jul 08, 2017
Lolz
Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by absoluteSuccess: 10:21am On Jul 08, 2017
Olu317:
Yes, ofcourse, to fail to dry up is one perfect meaning of Gbeti.Although there is a town called IGBETI in Yoruba land as well. There are so many names in Yoruba land that the original meaning have been gone with the wind.Even many words with its original meaning gone without being properly kept. The only group of people that may still be original is ANCIENT SOCIETIES/ CULTS YORUBA words. Even among these people, many join for connection purpose and not to learn anything about the mystery of Yoruba land. And these are the only place most ancient Yoruba words are coded among the core priests and able members because these ancient words come with conjuring and POTENCY is unrivaled...

Of course, ein gbeti is the local name for what was renamed marina in Lagos Island, hence the proverb, 'boju o ba teyin gbeti, oju oni t'eko'. Perhaps eingbeti is the stronghold of Eko as a fortress coast. But the point is, there is an archetype to which eingbeti is a feedback.

As to the Yoruba cults and their adherents, the point is what the mindset is. They always want power and then absolute power to be invincible. That kind of power is the ultimate quest in Yoruba cult that I'm familiar with. If it has been to better the lot of man I will know.

However, knowledge lays in the spoken language of Yoruba that will make Levi Strauss green with envy, but we don't know how to harness it: before the theory of demand was postulated, our fathers laid be summary as 'opokun oyankun' the more in stock, the more the consumers'.

I believe we can always bank on Yoruba lexis and structure to arrive at what a cult might have to offer: oun tanwa lo sokoto ti wa lapo sokoto kowa'. As the saying goes, iran oye kan kii para igbeti, eni abi soye loye pa' no hammattan kills an igbeti man, but a man born to hammattan.
Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by MetaPhysical: 3:43am On Jul 09, 2017
There is much to digest that I am unsure which contributions to quote for reference, every input you guys have submitted are thought provoking and quite informative. Now, let me digress a bit and say our efforts are scattered all over the place. We were discussiong a thread sometime ago about Ife, then another one was opened about Oduduwa and we got on it and now here is one on Jews and we are here, then tomorrow someone else will open a thread and we jump on it to discuss Yoruba history and origin.

To return to the current discussion. absolutesuccess, Engedi is Ein Gedi proper and in Yoruba is Gbeti or Geti and the variant is Ein Gbeti. I wouldn't say much but we need to index pplace names, particularly those with historical links with Ile Ife.

Consider Omu Haran ..... Um Haran (From Olu's post)
Ile Ife .......................... Nineveh
Magogo and Ogogo -------Gog and Magog
Edo (The Red culture).....Edom (Red)
Idu...............................Iduma
Idoma/Edo/Idu
Ein Gbeti .....................Ein Gedi

On Urim and Thurim, One of them is ascending and the other is descnding. This is the attribute of Jacob's ladder and concise with the myth of Oduduwa descending on a chain or ladder. Urim and Thurim are the Orunmila (ascending) and Irunmole (descending) energies of Yoruba.
200 deities to the force of Orunmila (infinitum celestial), 200 deities to the force of Irunmole (infinitum terrestrial). Ooni of Ife is the single deity for their manifestation (finitum material).

Anatomically, the head is Orunmila, the feet is Irunmole. The knee and hands are symbolic for the state of being. In pursuit of material interest we keep feet on ground and head high and our knees and hands are not in contact with earth. In position of worship and devotion we separate feet from earth and kneel to the ground and hands in contact with ground and put the head to the ground to reconcile the spirit to the material (devotion to God)...........or we prostrate with feet off ground, knees and hands on ground but head aloft (devotion to wisdom, also called enlightenement or illumination of the spirit....where the word Illuminati is derived).

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by macof(m): 10:33pm On Jul 09, 2017
Rossikki:

Shut the fucck up! Stop spreading nonsense about the yoruba
We have no tradition of coming from outside West Africa

Claims of outside West Africa are not traditional but misguided recent hypothesis from pseudo-historians who refuse to be initiated

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by macof(m): 10:41pm On Jul 09, 2017
BabaRamota1980:
Hey Rossikki,

Be warned! Yoruba guys dont compromise on stories of our origin at all. We know who we are...from top (Ooni) to individual family compound (Oriki). We have never heard of Jew in our myths, our divinities (400+), our civilization, our oral accounts, our written narratives, our dynasties or in our spiritualism.

Dont start what you cant finish. Do not repeat this error again. You hear?

The guy is a big fool. A buffon that acts like he has something in the head

How he glorifies himself as a researcher is an insult to historical and anthropological research

A person that doesn't know Yoruba follows traditions like Oriki, ese-ifa etc to tell our history cannot taken be seriously

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by 9jakool: 10:54pm On Jul 09, 2017
macof:

The guy is a big fool. A buffon that acts like he has something in the head

How he glorifies himself as a researcher is an insult to historical and anthropological researcher

A person that doesn't know Yoruba follows traditions like Oriki, ese-ifa etc to tell our history cannot taken be seriously
I don't even try to engage him at all anymore. I hate to say it, but he and the other guy are lost.

This is what I call mental slavery, which is the worst form of slavery there is because it's hard to realize. You are the one entangling yourself in chains.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 09, 2017
So Afonja have identity crises smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Too Are Jews - New Research by absoluteSuccess: 6:37am On Jul 10, 2017
quid:
So Afonja have identity crises smiley smiley

If you can put 'afonja' and 'identity crisis' together in one sentence, you are left to imagine the state of your brain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Let's Learn Swahili / Oluwo Of Iwo To Engrave Faces Of Mandela, Nkrumah, Awolowo, Others On Stone / Agbowu Akinropo Sues Oluwo Akanbi, Demands N100 Million Damages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.