Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? (6343 Views)

Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know / Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful / Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by AbuZola3(m): 11:01pm On Feb 08, 2010
Grin
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Feb 08, 2010
is it true?
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by AbuZola3(m): 11:15pm On Feb 08, 2010
What do u want to know ?
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Feb 08, 2010
Are you in your early or late 40s agewise?
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by AbuZola3(m): 11:27pm On Feb 08, 2010
U must be crazy.
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Feb 08, 2010
Is that what allah taught you?
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by AbuZola3(m): 9:39am On Feb 09, 2010
Ask me again.
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by muhsin(m): 11:40am On Feb 10, 2010
I couldn't help smiling (*stormily *) when I read this:

uplawal:

i disagree Muhsin,most Hausas dnt use their hijab,and even one of Abachas daughters had a white wedding,not even dressed islamic at all,the same with Yaradua's daughter, not wearing full hijab as a bride

But reading this cool-down my "temper":

alimat 2:

^^^^^^^
They are under influence of money

Short and precise, Sis. cool
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by ttruth(m): 12:00pm On Feb 10, 2010
@Muhsin :

You claim you are muslims and you are going to heaven, but evil never ceases from your domain.

We cannot even count how many people or precious human souls have been butchered by the muslims in the North.

The Nigerian Terrorist, Mutallab, who tried to bomb the plane heading to America, is the symbolic combination of the two evils that still plagues the African continent – European colonization and Islamic domination. Africa will never become a respectable contributor to global affairs until it rids itself of these two plagues.

Mutallab is a product of the British elite education. These are schools the British set up to brainwash the children of the local elites to eventually govern their nation specifically for western interests. This is the very foundation of poverty, mismanagement, crime, and corruption in Africa, especially Nigeria. He is also a descendant of a Muslim billionaire, who is not only a member of the Islamic oligarchy, but also used the platform to become a banking chairman that stole most of Nigeria’s oil wealth at the expense of the Niger-Delta.

They enjoy using poor Muslims to terrorize non-Muslims within Nigeria in order to maintain power, but now, it seems they will now be utilized to cause terror around the globe to spread Islam. His father only cried out because he was going on a global scale.

If the West is genuinely interested in winning the war on terror, it has to always support non-Muslim African leaders that put the interest of their people ahead of those who will favor the west just to have power, like Nigeria’s YarAdua. When a people love and build their nation, it will be hard for Africans to become terrorist tools for Arab Interest.
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by muhsin(m): 12:18pm On Feb 10, 2010
^^^ What are we talking about here--this OP?
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 10, 2010
@muhsin,am i lying
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by muhsin(m): 12:52pm On Feb 10, 2010
Who says that? grin
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Sabawaleklazik(m): 3:16pm On Apr 07, 2011
bkuz yoruba muslims ve not be slaughterin theiq neighbours datz y u said dey are not real muslim? Atleast they ve sense of belonging than d so call alumongiriz. Come down south and c 4 ur self. Oloriburuku. Cawri daggar cum 2.

1 Like

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by miftaudeen(m): 5:53pm On Apr 07, 2011
the poster are trying 2 create tribalism and pro muhammed(s.a.w)said he whoever engage in tribalism is not one of us.
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by ifyalways(f): 10:21am On Apr 08, 2011
Abu Zola:

H20- There are conditions for stoning adulterer.
you cannot stone adulterer where there is no sharia law.
You have to report the accused to the sharia court.
You have to present witnesses.
As for hijab there are two conditions,
the following are exempted from wearing hijab
An immature girl.
The opposite intimacy i.e man. Once you are a mature woman it is incumbent to wear hijab
Catholic nun's use a kind of hijab/covering.
Hijab has actually been in place and practiced by Judeo-Christian women centuries earlier.

I wonder why folks associate it solely with Islam undecided
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Sabawaleklazik(m): 12:20pm On Apr 14, 2011
why is it alwayz in d north u c muslim slaughterin the people 4m other religion. U can neva c such tin happen in d east or west, am neither xtain or muslim but according 2 my research, an average muslim is a fanatic.
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by ifyalways(f): 6:51pm On Apr 14, 2011
Sabawaleklazik:

why is it alwayz in d north u c muslim slaughterin the people 4m other religion. U can neva c such tin happen in d east or west, am neither xtain or muslim but according 2 my research, an average muslim is a fanatic.
Research carried out where?

Beer palour,Barbing salon or games bar
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Araboy(m): 1:50am On Apr 16, 2011
Yoruba people live in the southwest Nigeria and Benin back in the day most were Muslims but the expansion of the evangelization in Yoruba land by some mega church Pastors were at the origin of a lot conversions Plus  the Yoruba Muslim people have failed to face the challenge of the church in Lagos  Oyo   Ogun states
Actually according to a recent Pew poll in the Muslim world Yoruba Muslims and Ugandan Muslims are the most affected by conversions more than any other groups
Most Yoruba Muslims I know are liberal you can meet them at the Mosque on Fridays Ramadan Eid celebrations they can fast during Ramadan and stop drinking alcohol while fasting but don't be surprised if you run into same people drinking their Tequila or beer at the corner bar or partying hard at your favour night club
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Sweetnecta: 11:42am On Apr 16, 2011
@Araboy; thats not being liberal. thats being ignorant or deviant. and i am a yoruba muslim.

when a person does not follow the test question or understand there is a test in the first place, you will not say he is liberal by going to the wrong test hall or not taking any test, though he/she registered for the course.

mot all yoruba muslims are in that state of liberalism. Islam says 'moderation', not extremism or liberalism.

moderation means observing all that you are to observe; your religious duties keeping in mind of what purpose it is for. at the same time being tolerant of others; the hues and arrays of your differences, not falling for their seductive ways and reminding them without forcing anything on them that Islam is the best and only correct way.

a person who takes life of another [without justice] cant say he is a true muslim, and of course you will call him an extremist to denote that he is a deviant, somewhat from the norm.

a person who allows a complete slaughter of his family [without putting up a struggle] cant be a muslim because he walked away from his own legal battle. you who is not accept him as a 'liberal' regardless of his religion or not. Dukakis lost the presidency to bush senior for forlow of prisoner horton.

there are rules to ever thing, otherwise there will not be any order in it.
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Araboy(m): 12:29am On Apr 18, 2011
@ Sweetnecta I never generalize I don't find Yoruba Muslims less or more devout than other Muslims but I found that despite their efforts to counter the expansion of the church by initiating their "Muslim Sunday Services " they still lacking behind economically and their spiritual leaders are not as active and aggressive as their brothers Pastors and Prophets so I don't think they doing enough Dawah and its shows in their decreasing numbers
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Sweetnecta: 2:10am On Apr 18, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^it is Allah Who makes muslims.

sometimes the tide of iman decreases. its like being a mumin in the morning. and y night fall not so much.

we pray that we are people who reach jannah without being punished in naar first. amin.

yoruba muslims and muslims all over the world need to step up so that the non muslims around them, regardless of their tribe[s] so that islam can rub off on them.
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by LagosShia: 6:19pm On Apr 18, 2011
the problem of muslims in Nigeria is tribalism.muslims in Nigeria are divided along tribal lines and that is very anti-islamic.the islamic brotherhood which islam propagates and which crosses the lines of tribes and ethnicity has not penetrated the hearts of Nigerian muslims.that is very unfortunate.until the muslims unite and feel more attracted to their muslim brothers than to their ethnic brothers,islam will suffer in Nigeria.we may have our differences.but we must never let those differences overcome our sense of islamic brotherhood.by that i mean that a muslim from one tribe should feel closer to the muslim from another tribe than to the christian in his own tribe.if the muslims are not united in that case as islam teaches us to propagate universal brotherhood,then the religion will continue to suffer in Nigeria.its very sad and a situation that can make you cry.at least even if we have our differences,the differences should not be strong enough for us to shun our muslim brothers because of ethnicity while we embrace the non-muslim simply because he is from our tribe or area.that is not islamic at all.i am not saying we should be enemies with the members of other religions,but we should have islamic brotherhood at the back of our minds always.
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by lepasharon(f): 12:12am On May 30, 2011
haha! im a christian nd iv also noticed dis thing about yoruba muslim,u guys r a joke!

dey hardly cover their head
dey like white wedding ,i have a friend who said she wants islamic AND christian wedding lool 4 real?
dey beleive in the power of Jesus-my aunty watches all dese healing programs and says Amen along to the prayers
dey sing christian hymns
DEY DONT DO THEIR SALAT!

no wonder d hausa muslims luk at u guys one kind,i herd dey even go to mosques on different days,but den again hausas r intolent dey beleive anyone who is not hausas like dem is not realli religious
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by pleep(m): 1:07am On May 30, 2011
^^ most Muslims " belive in the power of Jesus" they just don't think he is the messiah.
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Araboy(m): 3:20am On May 30, 2011
@ Pleep don't know where you got that from All Muslims believe in the Prophecy of Jesus and the Quran stated that He is the Messiah son of Mary but unlike Christians Muslims don't believe that He is God's son
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by pleep(m): 4:50am On May 30, 2011
^Oh Ok, I misunderstood grin
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Sweetnecta: 10:51pm On May 30, 2011
@Lepasharon; « #86 on: Today at 12:12:03 AM »
[Quote]haha! im a christian nd iv also noticed dis thing about yoruba muslim,u guys r a joke!

dey like white wedding ,i have a friend who said she wants islamic AND christian wedding lool 4 real?
dey beleive in the power of Jesus-my aunty watches all dese healing programs and says Amen along to the prayers
dey sing christian hymns
DEY DONT DO THEIR SALAT!

no wonder d hausa muslims luk at u guys one kind,i herd dey even go to mosques on different days,but den again hausas r intolent dey beleive anyone who is not hausas like dem is not realli religious[/Quote]For covering of head, it is not important for man, but only for woman who is in disobedience to Allah. i do not know a muslim man or woman who knows the religion he/she is in will opt for 'white wedding' whatever that means instead of Nikah in which Quran is recited and the Sunnah of the noblest of all messengers and prophet [as] is mentioned. your aunt and your friend, inchaAllah, may strong iman enter their hearts. amin. jesus had no power and the proof from his mouth is on the pages of the bible. if you think jesus was powerful, take it up with him and your bible writers. the dispute is between the three of you. and only ignorance will make anyone go against what jesus actually said. how can we know for sure what jesus said when we read the bible? go to the Quran and see what isa bin Maryam [as] said by his Lord.

i dont know a pure muslim who will sing christian hymns. and salah is 5 compulsory ones per day. it is the second essence of islam. i guess if the yorubas don't do 'their salat' as you said, why all those masajid in yorubaland? and they fill it up daily, even in the asalatu i strongly disagree with? no hausa will go to mosque a different day and call himself/herself muslim. all muslims must make at least the 5 daily compulsory prayers. i hope your aunt and your friend and all muslims you know are doing it. if any is not, know that 'o ku die kaa too'.

islam is beyond the national boundary of nigeria. my igbo muslim brothers and sisters are doing just fine. the sisters are covering. the brothers are wearing beard. i know we have plenty muslims in other nigerian tribes, so if i do not mention your tribe, you already know that islam is there.

sharon so that you know; tribe will not make any muslim enter paradise or stand in the way, either.
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by vedaxcool(m): 1:23pm On Jun 03, 2011
lepasharon:

haha! im a christian nd iv also noticed dis thing about yoruba muslim,u guys r a joke!

dey sing christian hymns
DEY DONT DO THEIR SALAT!

no wonder d hausa muslims luk at u guys one kind,i herd dey even go to mosques on different days,but den again hausas r intolent dey beleive anyone who is not hausas like dem is not realli religious

When you say dey, how many? do you have statistics to back that claim? pls we should criticise based on evidence, if it is your personal experience you state it. Yes, a lot of ethnic groups in Nigeria including the Hausas and Yorubas, tend to add their cultural behaviour into their religion. It is not a new thing, it might be pronounced in the Yoruba and less pronounced in the Hausas, but the real issue is that it behoves on Leadership in every sub-muslim communities to fight against Biddah. A of recent the current Sultan of Sokoto prayed in ansaruldeen mosque in Kaduna, which indicate that this differences can be overcomed by better understanding. Yes the Hausas do "look down" on certain practices in the yoruba community, but so also do knowledgeable Yoruba muslims look down on negative practices. as for the christians that come here and talk gutter trash, well one thing I know is that the Hausa muslim leadership is reaching out to their Yoruba counter-part and vice versa. so we will overcome.
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:54am On Jun 09, 2011
Yoruba r followers of Orisha and Oludimare. islam is jus temporary for em. cool

1 Like

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Sweetnecta: 6:56pm On Jun 09, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Cry all you want. It wont change the reality;

from among the yorubas, we have pagans. we have christians. we have muslims. all of us agree that we have our root in Makka.

you are neither a yoruba nor a pagan of the type of what is indigenous to the yorubas.

heck. why should the muslims of yorubaland even look your way?
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:14am On Jun 10, 2011
y Y because der true religions Orisha, d religion of der forefathers who wer from West Africa n not Makkah. u ppl dont even lu lyk arabs. mann u ppl r such wannabes, cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Sweetnecta: 11:24am On Jun 10, 2011
^^^^^^^^^ Have you ever seen the picture of Banda Bas, the Saudi Arabian Ambassador to the US? how then can the whole of yoruba people be all wanna bes? for what purpose? it is not because of islam because there are christian and pagan yorubas who will say the same thing about makka and yoruba. infact no authentic plausible narration is different from the mouth of the yoruba tribe.

many of the companions of the prophet [ra] were black arabs. why should anyone doubt the possibility if one realizes that the mother of the branch of that part of Ibrahim's family was a princess from the then black house of pharaoh; nubian people.

your effort to say yorubas are not anchored by their origin in Makka is an ignorant opinion, considering that obasanjo, the president of the country you live in used his yoruba root in Makka to defend his family heritage.

please stick with your orisha and sango since you are a pagan like them.

even them; the yoruba pagans do not deny the makkan root of the yoruba people.

yoy are neither yoruba [so you can only talk about your tribe because no one knows osho more than osho's mother; owe yoruba niyen], now are you a muslim [paganism is darkness upon darkness upon darkness, while islam is light that illuminates the heart].

if oba of lagos could reference makka preislam of muhammad as a place where ifa is not unfamiliar, then you a non yoruba can't say that obasanjo, oba of lagos and humble me who is a true yoruba patriot, each one of us older than you are naive or ignorant about our tribal history.

i am gonna leave you to your ignorance, you are a total distraction without a benefit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Does Islam Says Abt 1st Salary Regardg Parants / it's a lie, Mary didn't wear an hijab / Your Personal Reasons For Believing In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.