Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? (6344 Views)

Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know / Why Are Yoruba Muslims Peaceful / Why Are Yoruba Muslims More Backward Than Yoruba Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:38pm On Jun 10, 2011
i dont care if even Oba Obasanjo of Lagos rules the entire world, but he still doent have d knowledge required to claim descent for all d Yoruba ppls. n btw even aa kid knows that d Pagan Yorubas came befor the christian or moslem Yorubas so i basically dont nid any clarification as to der origin since wat in d  name of d Gods wer d  Pagan Yorubs doin in makkah n den suddenly dey along wit d supposedly converted moslem Yorubas decide to pack der bags n leave for Nigera!!!!!!! dats jus insane!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

AND THERES NO ONE CALLED BANDA BAS AS AMBASSADOR TO KSA SO PLZ STOP [size=32pt]SPREADING YA LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size] its getin really sickening now, u spreadin all these rumors n lies n bringin ya own ppl on d wrong path. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

heres aa full list of Saudi Ambassadors to d States ""with"" der pics. i srsly wonder which one of dem luks lyk aa Yoruba, or even black for dat matter. undecided undecided undecided undecided

list of KSA ambassadors to the USA:
http://www.saudiembassy.net/embassy/pastambassadors.aspx

and dem companions n black arabs u speak of wer all descendants of slaves or foreign settlers from Habasha or bilad as Sudan (land of the blacks/ Sudan) so plz dont tell me.

AND MY ORISHA N SANGO BRETHREN HAVE A BETTER CLAIM TO ""OUR"" ANCESTRY SINCE WE CAME FIRST ON THIS PLANET!!!!!!!

u r jus plain deluded, narrow minded, stubborn, n aa liar. only u n God noe whos telling d truth.  angry angry tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:49pm On Jun 10, 2011
and if u are a true Yoruba by heart, u will remember d brave Oba Oluewu and how on his capture by d Fulani jihadis, he refused to convert to islam and betray his traditional practices n religion even when his life was threatened by the emir of Illorin and eventually, d Fulanis were d cause of his death. no self-respectin Yoruba wud practice islam, d religion of der enemies dat caused d death of so many Yoruba nobles and chiefs, after he knew this. angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by rahman25: 1:23pm On Jun 27, 2011
@bee444,u are quite wrong.
yoruba muslim are muslims to the core,
islam never blieve in forcing people to join their religion so that s the stand where yoruba muslim are.
they believed that islam is a liberal religion that allows people of different faiths to live together in harmony.
once again ISLAM is not an extrimist faith.
following someone to church is not a taboo in islam,some christian priest entered the mosque n they had conversation with prophet Muhammed(SAW) also they were allowed to perform their religious worship in the mosque so you can see that they practise islam the way the prophet gives it to us.
if you chk the HOLY QURAN very well without biased mind u ll find out that it allows people to live in peace n not in discord.
covering of the head is not optional but it depends on the level of ur faith.same applies to the christianity.
yoruba muslims never believed in the kingship or sonship of prophet jesus(may Allah be pleased wit him) instead they believe so much in the prophethood of jesus(may Allah be pleased wit him)
@toba may ALLAH forgive u for the words coming out of ur mouth.
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:04pm On Jun 27, 2011
DONT LIE!!!!!!!!! i have never seen a muslim entering a church, a synagogue or a temple.
also most of todays muslims ancestors were forcefully converted jus lyk d Pagan Quraysh tribes were forced to convert and their children enslaved, men slaughtered and women rap.ed. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Sweetnecta: 7:34pm On Jun 27, 2011
@Pagan9ja: yo, mr. pagan. banda abbas, is bander bin sultan from 1983 to 2005. i said the gulf war era; of the two bushes.

and you a pagan hausa will no little or nothing about the yoruba history. to claim that from your northern enclave you are better than former 2 times president of nigeria; olusegun aremu obasanjo and the present oba of lagos combine is a sign of mental madness from you.

there is no way an educated hausa man can know enough about yoruba history and indigenous nature better than a 15 year old yoruba proper. we are oral people; our history is passed from elder to the younger in chain links without a break in it.

have you ever seen a pagan yoruba saying he knows about the hausa more than buhari and emir of kano combined, except that such a yoruba pagan needs to go and stay in aro hospital? yet this is what you have imitated here.

[quote]ND THERES NO ONE CALLED BANDA BAS AS AMBASSADOR TO KSA SO PLZ STOP SPREADING YA LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its getin really sickening now, u spreadin all these rumors n lies n bringin ya own ppl on d wrong path. Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

heres aa full list of Saudi Ambassadors to d States ""with"" der pics. i srsly wonder which one of dem luks lyk aa Yoruba, or even black for dat matter. Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided

list of KSA ambassadors to the USA:
http://www.saudiembassy.net/embassy/pastambassadors.aspx[/Quote]check out bander bin sultan from 1983 to 2005. or do you need to kill humans so that you can regain your eyesight? darn pagan you, mr. pagan. you better go learn about hausa history than to educate yorubas about yoruba history, before the whole world takes you for a madman. you neither have the wisdom to argue nor have a book from yorubas that overwhelmingly argue the accepted convention of our origin.
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Sweetnecta: 7:55pm On Jun 27, 2011
@pagan9ja; « #97 on: June 10, 2011, 05:49 PM »
[Quote]and if u are a true Yoruba by heart, u will remember d brave Oba Oluewu and how on his capture by d Fulani jihadis, he refused to convert to islam and betray his traditional practices n religion even when his life was threatened by the emir of Illorin and eventually, d Fulanis were d cause of his death. no self-respectin Yoruba wud practice islam, d religion of der enemies dat caused d death of so many Yoruba nobles and chiefs, after he knew this.[/Quote]my yoruba bloodline is laced in yoruba royalty. is yours in yoruba royalty? if your answer is no, i can enter 2 palaces of two different kings, and i am a great grandson to each king lineage. my mother's cousin is presently a king, and i saw him prostrated to my grandmother, his aunt, many times. do you have a yoruba heritage like that in your bloodline? if your answer is no, how can you say the darniest thing above?

i am not a fool like the king who refused what is good. the fulanis who captured him didn't do it because of their superiority in way, but because Allah was with them. this reminds me of the story of Abdullah ibn Mas'ud [ra] who capture the giant Abbas ibn Abu Mutallab [ra] before he became muslim in the battle of badr. ibn Mas'ud's legs, they say was as skinnyas a rail, like toothpick. but Abbas said when Mas'ud held his too hands to tie his arms together, it was as if a big vice was used! Allah says of the same battle, so that you understand divine intervention; When you Muhammad [as] threw the sand as you have been commanded, it was not you that threw it, but Your Lord Allah was the One that threw it.

do you think that i see good thing and don't go into it, when it benefits my soul? such it is that i see of Islam and we in Islam, are not boko haram.
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:48am On Jun 28, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@pagan9ja; « #97 on: June 10, 2011, 05:49 PM »my yoruba bloodline is laced in yoruba royalty. is yours in yoruba royalty? if your answer is no, i can enter 2 palaces of two different kings, and i am a great grandson to each king lineage. my mother's cousin is presently a king, and i saw him prostrated to my grandmother, his aunt, many times. do you have a yoruba heritage like that in your bloodline? if your answer is no, how can you say the darniest thing above?

i am not a fool like the king who refused what is good. the fulanis who captured him didn't do it because of their superiority in way, but because Allah was with them. this reminds me of the story of Abdullah ibn Mas'ud [ra] who capture the giant Abbas ibn Abu Mutallab [ra] before he became muslim in the battle of badr. ibn Mas'ud's legs, they say was as skinnyas a rail, like toothpick. but Abbas said when Mas'ud held his too hands to tie his arms together, it was as if a big vice was used! Allah says of the same battle, so that you understand divine intervention; When you Muhammad [as] threw the sand as you have been commanded, it was not you that threw it, but Your Lord Allah was the One that threw it.

do you think that i see good thing and don't go into it, when it benefits my soul? such it is that i see of Islam and we in Islam, are not boko haram.

this shows how violent u r and how u use force to preach ur message. u r even going to d extent of mocking a brave ancestor of ur tribe and calling him a fool. u dont have any sense of tribal loyalty. u r jus barking islam all d time.

and which royalty r u related to i thought most of the Yoruba rulers were Obas and christian/traditional unless u r related to the emir of Illorin who is a Fulani emir. tongue tongue that means u r not even a pure Yoruba. undecided

1 Like

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by BetaThings: 2:13pm On Jun 28, 2011
PAGAN  9JA:

DONT LIE!!!!!!!!! i have never seen a muslim entering a church, a synagogue or a temple.
also most of todays muslims ancestors were forcefully converted jus lyk d Pagan Quraysh tribes were forced to convert and their children enslaved, men slaughtered and women rap.ed.  angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Do you go to church often? Otherwise you would see that some muslims go to church
But I don't believe in it. I have enough attempts to convert me outside the church already!
You don't know so much about Islam
A muslim who really understand Islam will not rape anyone.
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:41pm On Jun 28, 2011
boko haram. cool
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Shiftol(m): 10:11am On Jul 06, 2011
Y all these nonsense? @Toba,are u fool and gullible? If u dont want God to attack ur life dont never in ur life post anytin dat against the rite religion(ISLAM). @creator of dis thread,why dis thread? I should av abused u if not cos u a muslim,u posted an unpleasant statement,to say d fact,we are all muslims both Yorubas and Hausas,we all read Al-Quran and we believe in oneness of ALLAH,wat u posted,it is not every muslims that do it,u even made a mistake dat we should kill the pepu that do not believe in Allah,did u read dat in Quran? Allah says fight them if de fight u. It is true that MUSLIMS should not go 2 church,but some that doesnt understand islam see their friends off to church. U said we believe in kingship and sonship of Jesus christ,u are very wrong,we all believe that Jesus christ is prophet to Allah.We believe that we are all muslims and we all practice d same religion,that means we are dsame,pls watch ur statement.@unbelivers,this room is not meant for u,this is meant for only muslims.You dont understand d religion and u are all posting nonsense( kafirun). Pls any muslim dat want to creat thread in dis room should think twice,it makes no sense if argument is occuring within us.
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Shiftol(m): 10:45am On Jul 06, 2011
@Toba,y a u so stupid and gullible like this? Infact u get no sense,if u dont want God to attack ur life never in ur life post any negative tin about ISLAM at this thread again.@unbelivers in general,pls never post any thin on dis thread again cos it is not for u,it is only meant for we muslims,u are worshipping Jesus and call him God,u are all Kafirun.@the creator of dis thread,i should abuse u but i can never abuse my brother in ISLAM,pls watch ur statement,u posted wrong statement,we Yorubas are real muslims,dont say we are fake again,we all believe in oneness of ALLAH and we read thesame book,we all do dsame tin,we are all brothers and sisters in Islam,we are all in a family called Islam,u are now asking that are we in d same family? It is somehow irritating,about covering heads,to cover heads esp. d females is a must but those dat dont cover their heads dont understand Islam very well,not every muslims are doing dat just few,u made a mistake that we shld kill those that dont believe God,did u read it in QURAN? Who told u dat?GOD says fight them if they fight u. Pls muslims should watch their statement at dis thread cos it will make no sense if we argue with ourselves. About church issue,it is very wrong for a muslim to enter a church and it is forbidding. Pls try to understand d religion
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Sweetnecta: 12:46pm On Jul 07, 2011
[Quote]and which royalty r u related to i thought most of the Yoruba rulers were Obas and christian/traditional unless u r related to the emir of Illorin who is a Fulani emir. Tongue Tongue that means u r not even a pure Yoruba. Undecided[/Quote]yoruba obas are 'royalties'. same crown type like any royalty; queen of england for example.

i guess the pagan does not know what makes a royalty. oni of ife, alafin of oyo, awujale of ijebu ode, deji of akure, ojomo of owo, etc are just few of the royalties among yorubas. each has families of royal bloods and lineages.
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:10pm On Jul 07, 2011
but they are not muslim. undecided
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Shiftol(m): 3:23pm On Jul 07, 2011
@PAGAN dont say they a not muslim,some are muslim and some are unbelivers( KAFIRUN)cos my tribe is YORUBA i kw dem
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:34pm On Jul 07, 2011
name some muslim Yoruba rulers then. undecided
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Sweetnecta: 10:44pm On Jul 07, 2011
Alafin of Oyo; Oba Abdlhamid [the yorubas say lamidi].

Awujale of Ijebu ode; Oba Dhikru [the yorubas say sikiru].

where are you from pagan man? you are not yoruba and you know little about the yorubas, for sure.
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Sweetnecta: 10:48pm On Jul 07, 2011
those who are not muslims are not pagans, either. they will say they are christians.

the Oba of lagos is a muslim. may Allah give him and all of us idaya. amin.

oba of ibadan, rarely anything else, but a muslim.
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:32pm On Jul 07, 2011
wahahahahahahaa!!!!!!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

omg u r srsly deluded. grin grin grin grin

Alafin of Oyo: Oba Abdlhamid is a[b] LAMIDI[/b], of FULANI DESCENT, whos family came to power after the disgraceful overthrow of the true Yoruba King, Oba Oluewu, who died because of his refusal to convert to islam on capture by dem Fulani jihadis. angry angry angry angry

Awujale of Ijebu ode; Oba Dhikru: is hardly a muslim. his palace is filled with Yoruba Pagan shrines. he might be muslm just for namesake.

Oba of Lagos: theres never a less-muslim person existing in all Yorubaland. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy His palace, Iga Idunganran, is also filled with fully fuctioning Pagan shrines dedicated to deities such as Esu and Ogun.

Esu

Esu (pronounced Éshu) can be found at the exit gate of the Palace. Esu was brought from Benin. It is also known by many other names, the most prominent of which is the devil which was borrowed from christianity. The Oba and his chiefs prayed at this shrine to ward off danger to Lagos (and later Nigeria generally) in times past. They also prayed there prior to leaving the palace for any private or official function to ward off evil. Moreover, before going out, the Oba is supposed to visit this shrine in order to be told how his journey will be. Questions such as whether the journey will be favorable and whether it is safe for the Oba to embark on such a journey would typically be asked.

Ogun

Ogun is the undergod of iron. Though not within the palace per se, there is a small edifice constructed for immediate access in the complex's grounds. The main shrine is situated outside the present walls of the palace, though it still falls under its jurisdiction. It has a fully functioning priestess who handles its day-to-day running. grin grin grin grin grin grin

The shrines day-to-day activities:

Rites

Special rites/prayers are performed every sixteen days in the palace, usually by the Araba of Lagos, Chief Ajanaku, though the Oba does on occasion use other traditional priests and priestesses depending on the priority and the occasion, and the perceived spiritual prowess of such people. Some of the items necessary for performing these rituals are bitter kola, kola-nuts, alligator pepper, palm oil, schnapps or any plain gin, chickens, pigeons, goats or rams and anything else the Ifa oracle may decree, short of a human life. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oba of Ibadan: The current Olubadan is Oba Samuel Odulana, a traditionalist and a chrsitian. grin grin grin grin

so there gos your so-called muslim Yoruba rulers. wink

i am a Maguzawa, a derivation of the Hausa ppls. cool

and i seem to know more about the Yoruba then you do. cheesy cheesy
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Sweetnecta: 3:20am On Jul 08, 2011
the pagan from northern nigeria forgets that the first man, Adam and the first woman, Hawa were believers in God Who created them. there is only one mistake that they made in all the many generations they lived. At that time generation was at least 1,000 years. so belief was first instead of paganism which was disbelieve that came later.

idolatry came after the flood of Noah [as]. the names of the first people believers carved into idolatry by the deceit of satan disguising himself as human adviser to people are mentioned in the Quran.

now to the yoruba obas; Adeyemi [Abdlhamid; lamidi] with yoruba traditional mark can't be a fulani because many a time the fulani were captured in wars. i met many ibadan people where northern people are now absorbed in because they were captives.

Awujale being a muslim does not mean he does not have his faults. i would not become a king because of the pagan rituals.

i think you forgot that many obas from ibadan, a majority of them have been muslims. ibadan, i can safely say is a muslim city, though it was baale they used to have before it became oba.

you are very naive. how many kings, okay emirs in the north who were from get go muslims, until islam came to the north? the king of agbor and or sabogida ora in edo is a muslim. how hard is it for you to know that a person may belief and lives among, in a disbelief setting?

the messenger [as] lived in makka at the height of disbelief. he prayed at kaaba, and the idols were there. he eliminated the idols out of the holy sactuary when he prayed, until Allah gave him victory to eradicate the who idols out of the place by destroying the last of them.

i had made salah and jumuah prayers in churches. i ignored their idols and concentrated toward Allah Alwadud.
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:45am On Jul 08, 2011
the Gods gave me victory too. i have successfully made many people from different tribes see sense and abandon islam. by the grace of the Gods, hopefully in the near future, we will see more tribals abandoning islam n christianity in favour of their true traditional religions. cool

1 Like

Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by Sweetnecta: 10:46am On Jul 08, 2011
Allah will replace them with better; from any part of nigeria or the world.

you are doing yourself a bad 'favor' and play the devil in the lives of those who accept your ignorant offer.

you can't even invite yourself to what is good. how are you useful to any soul?

invitation to take 'handmade' as master is the most 'non benefiting' invitation.
Re: Are Yoruba Muslims For Real? by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:38pm On Jul 09, 2011
im not sending out any invitation lyk u converting-brainwashing-machines. instead, they come to me for religous guidance.

and u treating me lyk as if i am the invader. wasnt it u muslims who sent invitations a few 100yrs bak to convert my ppl angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Does Islam Says Abt 1st Salary Regardg Parants / it's a lie, Mary didn't wear an hijab / The Death Of Prophet Mohammed - A Test of Prophethood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.