Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,382 members, 7,819,391 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi (32527 Views)

Tolu Ogunlesi Releases His Own Version Of Amaechi Tape To Counter Premium Times / Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari / Between Tolu Ogunlesi And Osita Chidoka On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by udatso: 11:57am On Jul 04, 2017
ollah1:

I wonder where they get their informationa from. Perhaps from their asses
After the evidence he gave me for my request as primary school social studies as his source, I think it's safer to stay away from his likes. Too much hate in him
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 04, 2017
ollah1:

Who asked you to learn Arabic ? Are you forced to learn it? I don't understand your emotional comments

I'm worried about the political implications, it's modifying the almajiri thing. Making people blind and very backward from the current happenings of the world, in order to be readily available for religious wars, and political advantage, like it has always been in this country.
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 04, 2017
brayan:

Funny to see how myopic your understanding of my argument is....we do not need Arabic studies as a country to move forward or meeting the challenges of the "new world"

Bro, i believe it's you who is myopic. Like Mapet said, Arabic has been in the curriculum from God knows how long but the only difference now is that, it's either you study Arabic or French. They are both optional subjects back then.

Secondly, it's a new world and yes it's important to be conversant with foreign languages. And Arabic is the best fit in the context.

Finally, I said that because Spanish , Hindi and Mandarin are entirely new languages. Mandarin and Hindi isn't spoken outside China and India so it's not important. Also, FG won't break a sweat to appoint Spanish teachers.

We should quit being gullible
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by sirfee(m): 11:59am On Jul 04, 2017
ollah1:

1k likes for this comment. The earlier people reason like this the better.
grin My hip hop brother from another mother,I'm familiar with this monicker(bbnaija days).Been a while,comment cava?
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by sirfee(m): 12:02pm On Jul 04, 2017
[quote author=udatso post=58112258] gringrin grin It is allowed

Respekkkkkkkkkk!
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 04, 2017
SnowJay92:

I'm worried about the political implications, it's modifying the almajiri thing. Making people blind and very backward from the current happenings of the world, in order to be readily available for religious wars, and political advantage, like it has always been in this country.

It doesn't make any difference. The introudction won't change anything in the North and East. North will choose Arabic while the East will choose French. It's only in the West where it's will be mixed hence an advantage for them.

Arabic has been spoken within northerners for decades, this introduction wouldn't change anything now. Also, the Christian leaders are the people propagating for religious wars with their lies.

The said they weren't informed about thks new curriculum even when CAN sent two representatives to he meeting in 2012

They said CRK is removed while IRK is still a subject when sane minds knows it's fonbined together to form a new subject

They further said FG is trying to Islamise Nigeria even though this was done during a Christian president.

Now they want sane minds to believe them that truly a Christian student was beaten from missing an Arabic class.

How will these students know that Arabic is just a language and doesn't have anything to do with Islam if they aren't familiar with it regarding this approach?

An Arabic student can easily tell his French counterpart about the language and how it's in no way similar to Islam as a religion.
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Xpol: 12:08pm On Jul 04, 2017
[quote author=babyfaceafrica post=58089138]Super story.. Which school will beat a student for refusing to do a subject?.. Even if na English you no do..no one will touch you..you will just fail it..make una lie small nah!!..that said who Arabic study EPP?[/why then my teacher used to flog me whenever i missed his class]
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 04, 2017
sirfee:
grin My hip hop brother from another mother,I'm familiar with this monicker(bbnaija days).Been a while,comment cava?

Lol. Safi, Safi. Good to have you here to share an unbiased view to gulible and ignorant folks. How have u been bro? Je vais bien � grin
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Splashme: 12:11pm On Jul 04, 2017
SaulRazor:
Tolu is a fool who shouldn't be taken seriously, remember how he advised us to vote for Buhari and today can you see that he was wrong ..Every christian must avoid Arabic
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 04, 2017
ollah1:

I wonder where they get their informationa from. Perhaps from their asses

udatso:

After the evidence he gave me for my request as primary school social studies as his source, I think it's safer to stay away from his likes. Too much hate in him

No one is getting information from their asses. Read

http://punchng.com/french-as-nigerias-second-language/

http://allafrica.com/stories/201602250048.html

http://thesummary.com.ng/index.php/news-categories/national/item/5688-fg-announces-nigeria-s-second-official-language

Infact Google is always your friend. Now contrast with this...

https://www.nairaland.com/3496691/hurray-hausa-nigerias-second-official

The person that made the post about what did he/she have in mind?
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by babyfaceafrica: 12:13pm On Jul 04, 2017
[quote author=Xpol post=58112742][/quote]maybe that is your school....during my second dary school days,do you know how many times we miss maths classes..and nothing will happen..probably fail sha
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by GEJPosterity: 12:16pm On Jul 04, 2017
ollah1:

There isn't any defence here but truths. Bu your logic, CAN, Christian leaders and some political leaders condemning this move are saying the "Truth" right?

Every sane mind knows they are bunch of lairs but bigots and ignorant people will ignore the truth and kiss lairs asses
Your noise isn't fooling anybody. We see right through you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by sirfee(m): 12:23pm On Jul 04, 2017
[quote author=ollah1 post=58112822] grin grin grin Chai you go pay fine for mentioning my surname on nairaland (just kidding).Glad to know you are fine,any latest hip hop news.Have a great day.
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 04, 2017
SnowJay92:

No one is getting information from their asses. Read

http://punchng.com/french-as-nigerias-second-language/

http://allafrica.com/stories/201602250048.html

http://thesummary.com.ng/index.php/news-categories/national/item/5688-fg-announces-nigeria-s-second-official-language

Infact Google is always your friend. Now contrast with this...

https://www.nairaland.com/3496691/hurray-hausa-nigerias-second-official

The person that made the post about what did he/she have in mind?

How does this counter the fact that Arabic was implemented in 2014 during GEJs regime but this time as a subject to be taken if French isn't?
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 04, 2017
[quote author=sirfee post=58113193][/quote]

Lol, im really into Music like I used to. My library sef has been changed for months sef. I just don't know what happened. I don't dig these new school guys.
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 04, 2017
ollah1:

It doesn't make any difference. The introudction won't change anything in the North and East. North will choose Arabic while the East will choose French. It's only in the West where it's will be mixed hence an advantage for them.

Arabic has been spoken within northerners for decades, this introduction wouldn't change anything now. Also, the Christian leaders are the people propagating for religious wars with their lies.

The said they weren't informed about thks new curriculum even when CAN sent two representatives to he meeting in 2012

They said CRK is removed while IRK is still a subject when sane minds knows it's fonbined together to form a new subject

They further said FG is trying to Islamise Nigeria even though this was done during a Christian president.

Now they want sane minds to believe them that truly a Christian student was beaten from missing an Arabic class.

How will these students know that Arabic is just a language and doesn't have anything to do with Islam if they aren't familiar with it regarding this approach?

An Arabic student can easily tell his French counterpart about the language and how it's in no way similar to Islam as a religion.

Unstability, crisis and killings (sorry I used those words), that have been associated with Islam in the past are always blamed on misguided elements or misled people, so we shouldn't be doing things or making policies that would make more people vulnerable and easily used or brainwashed, that has been the point I've been trying to make the whole time.

We could have had a peaceful argument and maybe I would have seen your point too, but you've given me all manner of insults. But it's okay, let's end this discourse.
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 04, 2017
ollah1:

How does this counter the fact that Arabic was implemented in 2014 during GEJs regime but this time as a subject to be taken if French isn't?

It doesn't matter who introduced what, respond logically to the point I'm making without resorting to insults or shifting the goal post, was it Goodluck that developed the policy? Was Goodluck even in charge of anything during his presidency? My concern is the long term effects of policies on the nation, not who introduced them.
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 04, 2017
SnowJay92:

Unstability, crisis and killings (sorry I used those words), that have been associated with Islam in the past are always blamed on misguided elements or misled people, so we shouldn't be doing things or making policies that would make more people vulnerable and easily used or brainwashed, that has been the point I've been trying to make the whole time.

We could have had a peaceful argument and maybe I would have seen your point too, but you've given me all manner of insults. But it's okay, let's end this discourse.

You are getting it wrong. I understand your point but the fact is the North will always be vulnerable and gullible and it's not cos of religion hut ignorance, illeteracy and poverty.

If the North has half the education of the South, Arabic or not. They wouldn't be vulnerable, because this time they are brainy enough to think things through themseleves. El Eufai was gonna implemet something but Pastors lambasted him.

He was gonna introduce a body that will checkmate all religious leaders that will preach in Kaduna. This is to ensure wrong things aren't said to the masses. But as always, Pastors shouted heaven and Earth cos of this selfishness and greediness.

Sorry i used foul words in earlier comments.
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 04, 2017
SnowJay92:

It doesn't matter who introduced what, respond logically to the point I'm making without resorting to insults or shifting the goal post, was it Goodluck that developed the policy? Was Goodluck even in charge of anything during his presidency? My concern is the long term effects of policies on the nation, not who introduced them.

I'm not shifting any goal post sir and my comment wasn't laced with any insult. Since GEJ is exonerated by you, why are you attacking PMB now that he is trying to Islamise Nigeria?

Your concern is a long time effect, lol. If Northerners were gonna Islamise Nigeria, they would have done it way back during the military era and we wouldn't jack else na death.
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by sirfee(m): 12:36pm On Jul 04, 2017
ollah1:

Lol, im really into Music like I used to. My library sef has been changed for months sef. I just don't know what happened. I don't dig these new school guys.
I trust you,we are on the same lane.There is this gospel rapper from USA I'm feeling at the moment,you can listen to him if you don't mind,his name is Eshon Burgundy.

Lacrae also is lyrical,you can follow "Timwestwood"for some freestyles
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 04, 2017
sirfee:
I trust you,we are on the same lane.There is this gospel rapper from USA I'm feeling at the moment,you can listen to him if you don't mind,his name is Eshon Burgundy.

Lacrae also is lyrical,you can follow "Timwestwood"for some freestyles

I will check them out. Thanks for the updates bro
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 04, 2017
ollah1:

You are getting it wrong. I understand your point but the fact is the North will always be vulnerable and gullible and it's not cos of religion hut ignorance, illeteracy and poverty.

If the North has half the education of the South, Arabic or not. They wouldn't be vulnerable, because this time they are brainy enough to think things through themseleves. El Eufai was gonna implemet something but Pastors lambasted him.

He was gonna introduce a body that will checkmate all religious leaders that will preach in Kaduna. This is to ensure wrong things aren't said to the masses. But as always, Pastors shouted heaven and Earth cos of this selfishness and greediness.

Sorry i used foul words in earlier comments.

See, I don't wish to discuss religion at all, but the ignorance and poverty in the north is religion induced and sustained. You and I both know the truth, but I know you'd prefer to keep shifting the goal post.
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by sirfee(m): 12:44pm On Jul 04, 2017
ollah1:

I will check them out. Thanks for the updates bro
Don't mention,you are my homie.Enjoy your day.

Hip hop to zip up(lol)
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by mapet: 12:44pm On Jul 04, 2017
brayan:

Funny to see how myopic your understanding of my argument is....we do not need Arabic studies as a country to move forward or meeting the challenges of the "new world"

......Yet the Brits sees it as strategic to prepare their children for the new world..... https://www.britishcouncil.org/education/schools/support-for-languages/arabic-language-culture-programme

......Yet Arabic is one of the official language of the United Nations

Your "Intelligensia" is from Mars shey?
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 04, 2017
SnowJay92:

See, I don't wish to discuss religion at all, but the ignorance and poverty in the north is religion induced and sustained. You and I both know the truth, but I know you'd prefer to keep shifting the goal post.

Kindly expatiate
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 04, 2017
sirfee:
Don't mention,you are my homie.Enjoy your day.

Hip hop to zip up(lol)

You too buddy. Lol

Adios

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Demmzy15(m): 12:50pm On Jul 04, 2017
ivolt:

You are very dumb to have equated french with a useless language like Arabic.
The missionaries operated private schools then and they used their
mother tongue, english to teach, muslims refuse to send their children to
the schools, instead they sent them to learn Arabic and that is why the north
is the most backward region in Nigeria in terms of education.

It is a shame that a supposed "educated" man can't reason properly.
Lemme explain to you how the missionaries exploited the people, they were successful with this in Yoruba areas and they got a lot of Muslims.

During the colonial era, they wanted to teach a town English and Latinalized writing script of Hausa. The requested for 3 brightest and most intelligent men, their intentions was that, if they could persuade this men to become Christians. Then the men would help spread the gospel in the town. Unfortunately, their plan was discovered and the people refused, so if the north had any issues with education as of then, it's legitimate.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by mapet: 12:53pm On Jul 04, 2017
SAVEDBABA:
please explain to me how it is wrong.

Why don't you start by telling us IF you were forced to study Arabic in JSS 2

What is absolutely balderdash is the wrong impression that Arabic is "Affiliated" to Islamic religion. Yes, a variant of Arabic is the liturgical language of Islam and that is only logical because Arabic is the language spoken by the people in the country where Islam started. Beyond that limited view, Arabic predated Islam for starters and has its place in evolution, science and commerce.

Even the western world "borrowed" some concepts from other languages and Arabic inclusive. Insights from Arabic influenced many aspects of studies mathematics.........most importantly Arabic is one of the official Languages of the United Nations
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 04, 2017
SnowJay92:

What does introducing Arabic have to do with that?
Arabic is just a language like any other
so why liking it to Islam
Moreso this policy was formulated by Jonathan so where were all these pastors ranting up and down now ? they were busy with tithes
so stop liking it to Islam
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 04, 2017
ollah1:

I'm not shifting any goal post sir and my comment wasn't laced with any insult. Since GEJ is exonerated by you, why are you attacking PMB now that he is trying to Islamise Nigeria?

Your concern is a long time effect, lol. If Northerners were gonna Islamise Nigeria, they would have done it way back during the military era and we wouldn't jack else na death.

Did you see me accuse Buhari of anything? I shared concerns about the topic of discussion, didn't even talk about islamization, did I? And to think you ranted that I needed a brain. Hehe
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 04, 2017
SnowJay92:

Did you see me accuse Buhari of anything? I shared concerns about the topic of discussion, didn't even talk about islamization, did I? And to think you ranted that I needed a brain. Hehe

Our discourse is beyond just US. My comment wasn't directed to just you but the whole lot who reason and talk in that fashion
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 04, 2017
ollah1:

Our discourse is beyond just US. My comment wasn't directed to just you but the whole lot who reason and talk in that fashion

Still referring to people as "lot". Am out of here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Warning Circular To NTA Staff Over Liking & Sharing Of Online Publications(Memo) / Garba Shehu Backs Danjuma’s Call For Self-defence / Dariye: Why Ex-governor Deserves To Be Jailed – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.