Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,311 members, 7,819,058 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi (32524 Views)

Tolu Ogunlesi Releases His Own Version Of Amaechi Tape To Counter Premium Times / Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari / Between Tolu Ogunlesi And Osita Chidoka On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by babyfaceafrica: 7:30am On Jul 04, 2017
Tecno66:
Jihad no be by force thing e be?
how is putting Arabic in syllabus linking with jihad?
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by charlesluthor(m): 7:31am On Jul 04, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
but people skip classes and nothing was done to them nah..I think probably it happens to strong subjects.. Am sure If you have skipped a Yoruba,Igbo or Hausa class..no teacher will get time to beat you..it is not just logical..because someone says am not doing Arabic..they will beat them?.....issorite
I do happen. It didn't happen in Ur sch, neighbourhood, state doesn't mean it can't happen anywhere. I experienced it first-hand.

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by imam07: 7:32am On Jul 04, 2017
debokaz:
come, na who be men of God?una mumu continue.
I hit u on point that is why u are pained.
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by babyfaceafrica: 7:32am On Jul 04, 2017
charlesluthor:

I do happen. It didn't happen in Ur sch, neighbourhood, state doesn't mean it can't happen anywhere. I experienced it first-hand.
serious
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by blingxx(m): 7:33am On Jul 04, 2017
SaulRazor:

That is for the gullible, I don't care where Arabic stemmed frim all I know is that 600 years ago it became a vehicle for the propagation of Islam so we don't want it near our loved ones

u don't Care and you are trying to prove him wrong. ..meanwhile no one is forcing your children to do it the islamization thing is just trash and it won't work .dont forget that CRk was canceled during gejs era and no one spoke a word about it then ,why complaining now ? why do you see everything as competition with other people ...we have many Nigerian non Muslims in the middle east making their wealth ,spending the holidays in Dubai and nothing like islamization

or is it the president that is nowhere to be found that want to islamize us ? grin ..(I'm not a buhari fan)
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 04, 2017
Then why not make the option between Arabic and Crk?,this is no time to be politically correct,don't be gullible enough to let Muslims convince you its just a language,cos its not just language like French ,german etc,arabic is their way to propagate Islam, don't tell yourself its probably not what you are thinking, cos its exactly what you are thinking .The introduction of Arabic language with no viable substitute to the subject is just testing the waters for their agenda. Even before the electio there were rumours that this government was planning to islamise Nigeria but it was discarded as propaganda,now we are seeing moves being made, any non Muslim that accepts this will only be giving them a soft landing for the grand plan to islamise Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by DarkHenrie(m): 7:35am On Jul 04, 2017
Number 3 is the most stupid equivalence I've read in a while.

I thought they said this character was meant to be smart?

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by kenny987(f): 7:37am On Jul 04, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
do you have prove that some people were actually flogged for refusing to take Arabic,or it is just a sentimental gesture to wipe up sentiments.. I actually went to a public school and I repeat no one was beaten for refusing to take a subject... You will simply fail and have zero!!!!!..like as said earlier Arabic is as useless as the p in psychology

Since u acknowledge that Arabic is as useless as the P in psychology, shouldn't that be the primary concern? It is the introduction of such useless nonsense that has exposed children to victimisation for refusing to take that subject then rather than query the inclusion of such in the first instance, u are seeking proof that students are abused.

The flogging and whatnot is an offshoot of the Arabic madness so the root cause should be addressed rather than focusing on just one of its many manifestations.
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by babyfaceafrica: 7:43am On Jul 04, 2017
kenny987:

Since u acknowledge that Arabic is as useless as the P in psychology, shouldn't that be the primary concern? It is the introduction of such useless nonsense that has exposed children to victimisation for refusing to take that subject then rather than query the inclusion of such in the first instance, u are seeking proof that students are abused.

The flogging and whatnot is an offshoot of the Arabic madness so the root cause should be addressed rather than focusing on just one of its many manifestations.
Arabic as a subject is useless,so it poses no usefulness nor harm..so am.indifferent. my case is how possible is it that students are beaten for refusing to take it?..do you know how many of us skipped French and some Nigerian languages in school?..no one touched anybody....so if its true that people were beaten,we need prove..because its wrong!!!...
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by ephi123(f): 7:45am On Jul 04, 2017
Take Tolu Ogunlesi seriously at your detriment.

Hungry mofos that will say anything to justify their pay, you see their likes all over the place here as well. Men with no honour.

Anyway, as for the topic, WE SAY NO TO ARABIC. Full stop.

2 Likes

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by gprincead(m): 7:48am On Jul 04, 2017
We have a pastor as a vice president. Not just a vice president but acting president. What is fucking wrong with Christians? Why so much timidity. Why is an average Yoruba man so fearful?

Gush!!!!! I spit.

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by sapele914(m): 7:49am On Jul 04, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Did you pass through a government owned school or one of those mushroom 2 classrooms schools? If you had passed through a public school, you will know that students get flogged like criminals for something as little as not doing an assignment, how much more rejecting to offer a subject.

We are yet to study the over 200 languages which are indigenous to Nigeria, yet some shady people in government with an evil agenda want us to start studying Arabic, a language that hasn't benefitted the Arabs themselves.

As for those who have been deceived to think there is no imagination plot, pls think again. It will all move from just the study of Arabic to making Arabic the language franca in Nigeria.

"Oh, it can never happen". But they are already taking the first steps.

No evil agenda against the children of the Living God will succeed. Must as David destroyed the camp of the Philistines, so shall their camp be destroyed.
Ignorance is not an excuse my guy,you can't do anything with learning any indigenous language,Arabic is not a religion it is a language, it's like saying we won't learn English because it is Christain based,mind you Arabic is the most spoken language in africa followed by swahili,learning Arabic for those that want to will only give them a comparative advantage in future,when a child can write and read in two or more languages and even better study Chinese Mandarin.

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 04, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
do you have prove that some people were actually flogged for refusing to take Arabic,or it is just a sentimental gesture to wipe up sentiments.. I actually went to a public school and I repeat no one was beaten for refusing to take a subject... You will simply fail and have zero!!!!!..like as said earlier Arabic is as useless as the p in psychology

Then you didn't school in Nigeria.
Its a norm in my school
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by sirfee(m): 7:53am On Jul 04, 2017
udatso:

Whose liberty? The Christians or Muslims or all?
And is introduction of two selective languages an opposition to this right? How so?
1)The Christians; CRS is now a theme under another subject

2)The introduction of two selective languages in a secular and developing nation like Nigeria is nothing but conspiracy by the religious bigots to achieve their selfish aims.They should include Spanish,German,Portuguese or Italian to the list to avoid infringement on the right to liberty of the Nigerian students.

Religion is the major problem with Africa especially Nigeria,history has been removed from our curriculum but a language like Arabic is been made a subject.Even in the middle east they study other languages and history. Nigeria is a mess.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Pavore9: 7:55am On Jul 04, 2017
sapele914:
Ignorance is not an excuse my guy,you can't do anything with learning any indigenous language,Arabic is not a religion it is a language, it's like saying we won't learn English because it is Christain based,mind you Arabic is the most spoken language in africa followed by swahili,learning Arabic for those that want to will only give them a comparative advantage in future,when a child can write and read in two or more languages and even better study Chinese Mandarin.

Arabic and Swahili being the most spoken languages in Africa, ahead of English and French? shocked
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by sirfee(m): 7:56am On Jul 04, 2017
kenny987:

Don't mind him.
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Carlmax(m): 8:09am On Jul 04, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Super story.. Which school will beat a student for refusing to do a subject?.. Even if na English you no do..no one will touch you..you will just fail it..make una lie small nah!!..that said who Arabic study EPP?

Who be this MUMU
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by udatso: 8:12am On Jul 04, 2017
sirfee:
1)The Christians; CRS is now a theme under another subject

SIR, Did it also occur to you that the Muslims' IRS is now a theme under another subject? Why are Christians the ones complaining?

2)The introduction of two selective languages in a secular and developing nation like Nigeria is nothing but conspiracy by the religious bigots to achieve their selfish aims.They should include Spanish,German,Portuguese or Italian to the list to avoid infringement on the right to liberty of the Nigerian students.
Sir, what you are suggesting isn't implementable. Where do you find abundant Spanish, German Portuguese or Italian teachers in Nigeria? Can't you see that we have abundant French and Arabic speakers and teachers in Nigeria?

Religion is the major problem with Africa especially Nigeria,history has been removed from our curriculum but a language like Arabic is been made a subject.Even in the middle east they study other languages and history. Nigeria is a mess.

It's true history needs to be brought back. But that doesn't mean we can't have international language study too
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by flyuche(m): 8:20am On Jul 04, 2017
The Arabic language predates Islam. There are more than a million Christian Arabs, so we have Arabic Bible. It is just a language. What's the fuss. If my kids have the opportunity, I will encourage them to learn it.
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by sirfee(m): 8:38am On Jul 04, 2017
udatso:

SIR, Did it also occur to you that the Muslims' IRS is now a theme under another subject? Why are Christians the ones complaining?

Sir, what you are suggesting isn't implementable. Where do you find abundant Spanish, German Portuguese or Italian teachers in Nigeria? Can't you see that we have abundant French and Arabic speakers and teachers in Nigeria?

It's true history needs to be brought back. But that doesn't mean we can't have international language study too
I appreciate your sincerity and maturity,do you know that we have different foreign schools in Nigeria.Here on the island in Lagos,we have Italian,Dutch etc schools.A serious and active government can partner with these schools to help and educate her people.On the contrary,a failed country like Nigeria would rather sponsor her citizens to Jerusalem or Mecca.The Arabic,English or French teachers didn't fall from heaven.Good morning.
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Saintp(m): 8:39am On Jul 04, 2017
abdulkayus:

FYI, Arabic studies was not introduced by the buhari regime. Arabic and French has been offered for long time as I can remember. I don't know when they introduce it bt I was it was an optional subject for us to choose when I started my secondary school in the 90s. So, i am surprised when I read the false information travelling around that PMB is d one that introduce Arabic. Lol.
And FYI also, CRK was nt cancelled. Both IRS and CRS were collapsed with other subjects like Civic education, social studies and security studies into a single subject called National values and security. The CRK theme will be offered to the christain while the IRS theme will be offered to the Muslims. Bt the rest will be taught together. The same thing happens with home economics and agricultural science, the merged them into one subject. And all these happens during GEJ time nt PMB time

People who need the Arabic language are Muslims normally and the good thing is that they know where to learn it. They have so many Islamic schools where Muslims are taught Arabic so why bring it into the school curriculum?

what will happen is the Christians particularly in the north will have no option than to go for Arabic since there may not be French teachers and this is the aim. Trust Nigerians to indirectly impose it on students.
The best thing they should have done if they desperately need to add Arabic is to leave it as an elective stand alone subject do that people can freely choose Arabic if they desire and not because they don't have access to French. What if I don't like both French and Arabic?
This govt has been accused of an islamization agenda and the best thing they can do is to avoid bringing up things that look suspicious except they allegation is true. Arabic is taught in Islamic schools so why not leave it at that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 04, 2017
scully95:

They say head you say neck.. Hebrew and English is like head and neck... The two are pure devil in the fictional book known as bible.. The two also have killed more than a million souls..
So pls.
So Yoruba, French and other languages the Bible was written is like head and neck abi..... issorit
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by sirfee(m): 8:47am On Jul 04, 2017
Saintp:

People who need the Arabic language are Muslims normally and the good thing is that they know where to learn it. They have so many Islamic schools where Muslims are taught Arabic so why bring it into the school curriculum?

what will happen is the Christians particularly in the north will have no option than to go for Arabic since there may not be French teachers and this is the aim. Trust Nigerians to indirectly impose it on students.
The best thing they should have done if they desperately need to add Arabic is to leave it as an elective stand alone subject do that people can freely choose Arabic if they desire and not because they don't have access to French. What if I don't like both French and Arabic?
This govt has been accused of an islamization agenda and the best thing they can do is to avoid bringing up things that look suspicious except they allegation is true. Arabic is taught in Islamic schools so why not leave it at that.
May you live long.This is what I have been telling many people
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by flyuche(m): 8:50am On Jul 04, 2017
Saintp:

[b]what will happen is the Christians particularly in the north will have no option than to go for Arabic [/b]since there may not be French teachers and this is the aim. Trust Nigerians to indirectly impose it on students.

What's wrong if a Christian student learns Arabic? Arabic language is not Islamic studies. We have Arabic Bibles. We have Christians who are Arabs. The fear here is not necessary.

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by mapet: 8:57am On Jul 04, 2017
Nosikebit:
I dont think arabic is new in our curriculum, in my secondary school at f.g.c ogbomoso some students took arabic, and this is as far back as 1998- 2004

I was in F. G. C Ogbomoso in 1988/89 and Arabic was one of the subjects then.
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by mapet: 8:59am On Jul 04, 2017
Bros,

I'm afraid you're wasting your time. These dead-beat folks are bent on perpetrating falsehood and knowingly refusing to stop.
TopHand:
Op you are a peddler of false information maybe it is ignorance maybe it is deliberate misinformation in order to ferment trouble only you can tell
please I impore all Nairalanders to disregard the OP and pay attention to the following statement by NERDC below

“The Management of NERDC hereby reiterates categorically that the subject offerings (Civic Education, Social Studies, Christian Religious Knowledge, Islamic Studies and Security Education) under the Religion and National Values Curriculum are distinct and taught separately on the time table.

“In this Curriculum, no child should be coerced or compelled to learn or be taught in school any religious studies not relating to the belief system professed by the child and his/her parents.

“CRK is still taught in schools; as a separate distinct subject with the accompanying Teachers’ Guide. There is no subject in the Nigerian School Curriculum called Islamic Arabic Studies nor anywhere in the world as being speculated.”

so I impore all Nlanders to reject the rumour mongering and false information floating around as a product of ignorant individuals who are either too lazy to investigate and get their facts right or maybe as mentioned before this it is a deliberate poly by these ignorant individuals to sow distrust and discord in the community
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Saintp(m): 8:59am On Jul 04, 2017
flyuche:

What's wrong if a Christian student learns Arabic? Arabic language is not Islamic studies. We have Arabic Bibles. We have Christians who are Arabs. The fear here is not necessary.

There is nothing wrong for a Christian learning Arabic if they desire. However I will not blame those who are suspicions of this whole arrangement. Like I said earlier, it is better to be put as a stand alone elective subject so that it will not be indirectly imposed on students due to lack of French.
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by mapet: 9:04am On Jul 04, 2017
brayan:
Those who introduced the new curriculum are just mischief makers....Arabic on its own is thought Informally in Arabic schools which most moslem students attend after receiving formal education so why do we really need it in the curriculum I totally support the boycott and the presidential aide needs psychiatric help comparing Arabic as a language and western education....who Arabic epp?

I believe it is you who need help (education on this)

1. Arabic studies has been in the school curriculum before you were born.
2. The new Curriculum was introduced in 2012 (GEJ's government) and implemented in 2014.
3. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the new curriculum. The curriculum is good, apt and more focusing on preparing studies for challenges of the new world. The problem I see is that we as people have chosen to follow albeit "gullibly", politician and nogooders profiteering from stirring discord
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by lilytender: 9:05am On Jul 04, 2017
SaulRazor:
Tolu is a fool who shouldn't be taken seriously, remember how he advised us to vote for Buhari and today can you see that he was wrong ..Every christian must avoid Arabic

If you want your vote, go back to INEC and collect it. That would still not bring back the drunk thieving ineffectual buffoon and his megalomaniac cantankerous sheppopo wife. Come 2019, I will vote Buhari again.
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by mapet: 9:06am On Jul 04, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
He has a point. I wrote similar thing here: http://www.mortalpoet.com/christian-religious-studies-c-r-k-removed/

He has more than a point. He is speaking the ABSOLUTE TRUTH
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Rebelutionary: 9:07am On Jul 04, 2017
Kathmandu:
How long are Nigerians going to put up with idiots like Tolu Ogunlesi?

The only Fool who is just so naive and a disgrace to the word Pastor is Osibanjo.

Obj whittled down Islamic influence in our polity but this antichrist is busy selling his soul for ppolitical office.

Osibanjo will get the hottest part of hell if he serves money more than God
Dd u say Obj whittled down Islamic influence? When was the "political sharia" introduced that is now the progenitor of the boko haram we have today? #jst asking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

APC Governors Exchange Heated Words Over Oshiomole At Meeting With Buhari / Community Policing Takes Off In Lagos As Sanwo-olu Inaugurates Operation Teams / LP Accused Peter Obi Of Demolishing Their Billboards In 2013 (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.