Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,187 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi (32526 Views)

Tolu Ogunlesi Releases His Own Version Of Amaechi Tape To Counter Premium Times / Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari / Between Tolu Ogunlesi And Osita Chidoka On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by mfm04622: 9:07am On Jul 04, 2017
Pavore9:

We don't even have capacity for French because many public schools don't even have teacher and should not even have been made, one chosen between the 2! But if the government wants Mandarin to be an option, I tell you for a fact the Chinese government will be "over willing" to send down thousands of their people to come teach in our schools!

Just like way back in S.S S we had the option to choose one of Food and Nutrition/Clothing and Textile/ Home Economics/Agricultural science. I grudgingly chose Agric science but dropped it like hot potatoes in S.S.2! As I didn't like it! cheesy and my school overlooked my not doing any of the four.

Most paents who are not Muslims will not feel comfortable with their children taking Arabic studies because of the perception that is the language tied to Islam.

I can tell you Nigeria's capacity to produce French speakers and teachers is much higher than her capacity to produce (formal) Arabic speakers and teachers! There is virtually no university with languages department that don't teach french. Same can't be said of Arabic. Some post graduate schools makes it compulsory for students to take french to graduate. The French govt also funds and promote the language which no Arab Govt does. It is impossible for a school in the South (At least in Lagos that i schooled in) to have Arabic teacher and not french. Please note, i said Arabic and not Islamic studies.
My son is presently learning both French and Arabic and i plan to make him learn Mandarin in future.
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by scully95: 9:10am On Jul 04, 2017
SAVEDBABA:
So Yoruba, French and other languages the Bible was written is like head and neck abi..... issorit

see mofos... the jews run the show in the fo*lish Uk, US and Saudi arabia and other puppet countries in middle east like UAE.. Now Qatar has finally set itself free joining the other wing of freedom from zionism.. Either Hebrew oh, english or or arabic.. It's just mere deceit and more of geopolitical control.. Same goes to Boko haram, another zionist compatriot terrorist affiliate to gain area of control and leverage in Western Africa..

They will fail like they have been failing in Syria and Ukraine.. Freedom is eminent.. Meanwhile Naija is a done deal (Actually since the fall of Oyo empire by another zionist-british backed terrorist back then Fulani, from Imam Ambali which majority of Sunnis in Nigeria follow its ideology till date), sealed since the first removal of a semi puppet Buhari back then.. And now re-using the same puppet..

Plus in your brain, the zionist is there.. The turning of our dearest Esu to compare it with the devil in the bible.. This scam and label by the jews was made poissible by another returnee slave, a mere puppet, like they always do.. Choosing your heros for you.. https://www.nairaland.com/2727789/esu-not-satan

Our Esu is not your fo*lish biblical satan or devil oh.. Our Esu is a spirit, a God in human form and an intermediary..

Many do not know that the current boko haram is from another form of ideology, Wahabbism.. Wahhabism affiliate is what you have everywhere spreading like cancer and in cohort with the Zionist-AngloAmerica-anglo saxons terrorist organization..
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by mapet: 9:11am On Jul 04, 2017
israelmao:
Arabic studies in whom benefit and for what?Some people can't just put two and two together logically.Why not other Nigerian languages?

Whose benefit? Those who choose to study it.

What if I tell you that Arabic is one of the official languages of the United Nations
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:12am On Jul 04, 2017
mapet:

He has more than a point. He is speaking the ABSOLUTE TRUTH
Yeah. But I don't agree with the part that equates it to BH. I've known Nigeria so well that such response from CAN and members is not as silly as the equation suggests.
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by mapet: 9:13am On Jul 04, 2017
SAVEDBABA:
English nor French as you mentioned do not have any religous Affiliation, so dont try to associate them with Christianity Arabic on the other has religious affiliation,so thats the issue on ground and that is a concern to Nigerians especially Christian and by the way i did Arabic language in Jss 2 so i know.

1. Were you forced to study Arabic in JSS 2?
2. by the way, what you claimed "so I know" is actually wrong.
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by shuddyy: 9:16am On Jul 04, 2017
grandlexuz:

You mean Arabic is the most widely spoken language in all of Africa? Lol On the contrary it is not amongst the ten most spoken languages in Africa. Do your research before your brandish your ignorance on social media..

On this, you are wrong. Arabic is truly the most widely spoken language in Africa. Make some efforts to Google this. Do you watch e-channel on DSTV? You would have come across this fact on their regular interlude series "Did you know".
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 04, 2017
prettyboi1989:

who dash arabic fourth most spoken language? this list below contain the most spoken language of the world by number of speakers

The only reason why Hindi and Mandarin tops Arabic is simply cos of the populations of the host languages (India and China). Outside their lands, it's not spoken elsewhere. Regarding Arabic, it's spoken all over Africa and Middle east. Matter of fact, a professor called Ogunbiyi from UI is a pastor of deeper life but knows Arabic cos of evangelism. You guys really have akamu in your heads and it deprives you of thinking naturally .

Your hate for Islam and Muslims knows no bounds.
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by mapet: 9:22am On Jul 04, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Yeah. But I don't agree with the part that equates it to BH. I've known Nigeria so well that such response from CAN and members is not as silly as the equation suggests.

Bros,

I am a Christian and we must be sincere with ourselves. Boko Haram abhors Western education and orientation. CAN is trying to shut-down a middle eastern language because of claims of attachment to Islam. Are they not doing the same?

Additional questions are these

1. Why will CAN as an official body falsify facts? [That CRS was removed from the curriculum, The claim of "Arabic Islamic Studies, and the claim that Christians are forced to study Arabic]
2. Why did CAN lie that they were not consulted despite the fact that the same CAN sent TWO REPRESENTATIVES to the 2012 educational summit where the new curriculum was developed
3. Why is CAN not owning up to his mistakes and misunderstanding in this issue and letting the media make them look more like liars
http://saharareporters.com/2017/06/20/fact-check-has-buhari-removed-christian-religious-studies-secondary-school-curriculum

https://www.thecable.ng/crk-irk-arabic-everything-else-need-know-controversial-curriculum

In summary, Boko Haram is all about INTOLERANCE.........is this move by the Christian body not the same?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Lilimax(f): 9:24am On Jul 04, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Did you pass through a government owned school or one of those mushroom 2 classrooms schools? If you had passed through a public school, you will know that students get flogged like criminals for something as little as not doing an assignment, how much more rejecting to offer a subject.

We are yet to study the over 200 languages which are indigenous to Nigeria, yet some shady people in government with an evil agenda want us to start studying Arabic, a language that hasn't benefitted the Arabs themselves.

As for those who have been deceived to think there is no imagination plot, pls think again. It will all move from just the study of Arabic to making Arabic the language franca in Nigeria.

"Oh, it can never happen". But they are already taking the first steps.

No evil agenda against the children of the Living God will succeed. Must Just as David destroyed the camp of the Philistines, so shall their camp be destroyed.
AMEN!!!!

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 04, 2017
SAVEDBABA:
English nor French as you mentioned do not have any religous Affiliation, so dont try to associate them with Christianity Arabic on the other has religious affiliation,so thats the issue on ground and that is a concern to Nigerians especially Christian and by the way i did Arabic language in Jss 2 so i know.

There's no Alliation between Arabic and Islam. There was Arabic language before Islam birthed. There are Christian Arabs and Coptic Chriatians who speaks and writes in Arabic.

Isreal is a Jewish state but have Hebrew and Arabic as official languages.

Arabic is on the curriculum as alternative to french. If some parts of the country desire to have Arabic while other part desire French, whata your problem? Why do you guys always scream very goddamn time? Arabic won't be taught in the east most likely, what should the Muslims over there say then?
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by mapet: 9:27am On Jul 04, 2017
SaulRazor:

I am against it because modern christians have become to docile and this is allowing Islam to grow instead of dying like it should and allowing such weak and docile christian learn that Trojan language called Arabic will be tantamount to trying to get christian extinct..Just imagine a world with only Muslims it will be like hell I tell you

Bros,

......No wonder the quote attributed to Ghandi said....

" I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Lilimax(f): 9:28am On Jul 04, 2017
AyeeIdris:

Actually Arabic is the 4th most spoken language in the world. Spanish, English, HindI and Arabic........in that order
Says who? Who Arabic epp?
The language attracts terrorism!
We say NO to that Satanic language embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by mapet: 9:28am On Jul 04, 2017
Benekruku:

And our Nigerian businessmen called pastors have started heating the polity when they absolutely lacked insight!

The Bible already said "Wisdom is divine"

Absolutely true
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Lilimax(f): 9:30am On Jul 04, 2017
I can't imagine Arabic language being taught in Public schools in Anambra state undecided
They better confine the language to arabic/Almanjiri schools
Who the language epp sef and they better stop that rubbish embarassed
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by GEJPosterity: 9:30am On Jul 04, 2017
abdulkayus:

FYI, Arabic studies was not introduced by the buhari regime. Arabic and French has been offered for long time as I can remember. I don't know when they introduce it bt I was it was an optional subject for us to choose when I started my secondary school in the 90s. So, i am surprised when I read the false information travelling around that PMB is d one that introduce Arabic. Lol.
And FYI also, CRK was nt cancelled. Both IRS and CRS were collapsed with other subjects like Civic education, social studies and security studies into a single subject called National values and security. The CRK theme will be offered to the christain while the IRS theme will be offered to the Muslims. Bt the rest will be taught together. The same thing happens with home economics and agricultural science, the merged them into one subject. And all these happens during GEJ time nt PMB time
Lots of words, but did not address what I said.

The fact that every single person on this thread passionately defending "Arabic Studies" is a muslim tells me everything I need to know about the obvious relationship between Arabic and Islamism.

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 04, 2017
Lilimax:
I can't imagine Arabic language being taught in Public schools in Anambra state undecided
They better stop that rubbish embarassed

Exactly what i said earlier and what mapet said.

INTOLERANCE !!
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Lilimax(f): 9:34am On Jul 04, 2017
ollah1:

Exactly what i said earlier and what mapet said.

INTOLERANCE !!
Arabic is an Islamic language and we don;t want it period!
Confine it to your Arabic schools and don't Islamise our kids embarassed
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 04, 2017
GEJPosterity:

Lots of words, but did not address what I said.

There isn't any defence here but truths. Bu your logic, CAN, Christian leaders and some political leaders condemning this move are saying the "Truth" right?

Every sane mind knows they are bunch of lairs but bigots and ignorant people will ignore the truth and kiss lairs asses
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by udatso: 9:36am On Jul 04, 2017
sirfee:
I appreciate your sincerity and maturity,do you know that we have different foreign schools in Nigeria.Here on the island in Lagos,we have Italian,Dutch etc schools.A serious and active government can partner with these schools to help and educate her people.On the contrary,a failed country like Nigeria would rather sponsor her citizens to Jerusalem or Mecca.The Arabic,English or French teachers didn't fall from heaven.Good morning.
Thanks sir. You see at the end of the day, it boils down to how unserious our government is. Many things the government should do but isn't.

So they would always take the easy way out that wouldn't lead them spending more money as long as it doesn't profit them.

With all due respect to these schools, do you honestly think these whites would want to send their white folks to government schools to teach? How much will they be paid? How much can fg pay them especially in this economic mess we find ourselves in? Even if they are ready to spend alot in that, what will be the situation of other teachers? Wouldn't they advocate for salary increase?

Let's assume they will use graduates of their schools to teach these languages. Who would spend hundreds of thousands or millions of naira (might be wrong though) to study a particular language only to be A teacher in a public school paid 30k monthly( a very Highly unrealistic salary tag) ?

We are talking about supplying teachers to Primary and secondary schools in the whole Of Nigeria. Remind me again how many of these language schools have we.

Arabic and French on the other hand have always been in our system for a very long time. I took Arabic in my WAEC AND NECO and when I wrote GCE, I met some friends who were writing French and they weren't from dedicated language schools but government schools. One of them was from a private school and the other two government schools.

The point and the ultimate reality is that sourcing for teachers for these languages that arent too common is a herculean task for the fg. And it's understandable why they would pick French and Arabic.

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Lilimax(f): 9:36am On Jul 04, 2017
ephi123:
Take Tolu Ogunlesi seriously at your detriment.

Hungry mofos that will say anything to justify their pay, you see their likes all over the place here as well. Men with no honour.

Anyway, as for the topic, WE SAY NO TO ARABIC. Full stop.

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 04, 2017
Lilimax:

Arabic is an Islamic language and we don;t want it period!
Confine it to your Arabic schools and don't Islamise our kids embarassed

Since you have a problem with Arabic, then head to Abuja and tell them about it. Perhaps, they will listen to you.
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by mapet: 9:41am On Jul 04, 2017
goodnews777:
ISLAMIC studies has not contributed to nothing but trouble. In all developed and industrialized countries it's a none starter. It's not in the curriculum in America, Canada EUROPE, Australia , Japan, China,India. Yet these are the most industrialised countries in the world.
On the other hand, it's a subject in Somalia, Sudan, Palestine, arabia, Egypt, Mali, Niger republic, guinea, Mali. Where are we heading? Who are we following. Why not follow nations that are successful rather than nations that are sinking. If it's paying, why is Buhari in London? Shouldn't he be in sokoto? This country is doomed because people are using religion to achieve their politically motivated aims.

Bros,

I suggest you fact-check things before you rush to make assertive and factually wrong statements

1. Arabic is a none starter? contributed nothing but trouble? where did you get that from? Fact says Arabic is one of the official languages of the United Nations
2. Arabic is taught in many UK schools, as one of the options of international language. The British Council has directed a committee on the formal introduction of Arabic into the curriculum in UK......
https://www.britishcouncil.org/sites/default/files/research_into_teaching_arabic_as_a_foreign_language_in_the_uk.pdf

https://www.britishcouncil.org/education/schools/support-for-languages/arabic-language-culture-programme
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by luggy(m): 9:43am On Jul 04, 2017
WotzupNG:
https://twitter.com/toluogunlesi/status/881858556886212609

The new educational curriculum in Nigeria is still generating a lot of heat since it was announced that it includes a new subject, Arabic Studies. This new introduction has seen the collapse of Christian Religious Studies which is to now be studied as only a theme under another subject.

Many notable Nigerians have criticized this move as they see it as a form of Islamization of Nigeria, a secular Nation. Christian leaders like Bishop Oyedepo, Pastor Adeboye, members of PFN and CAN have all added voices against what is seen as an attempt to indoctrinate non-muslims students, especially the Christians.

Many have tried to explain that Arabic is not a religion in itself, but we all know that it is the language in which Muslims say their prayers and in which the Quran is written. This has led to the argument that the Educational board ought to have made Hebrew or Greek, both languages with affiliations to Christianity, an option to Arabic Instead of French, a subject that has few teachers in Nigeria. With few French teachers in Nigeria, schools without one might see students with no option but to study Arabic. The fear most people have is that the Arabic teachers are definitely going to be Muslims with fanatics in their midst.

Well, while surfing the net, I came across a tweet from Tolu Ogunlesi, the Oversee Digital Communications for the Nigeria President. In his tweet, he tried to make 3 things clear. I will shortly address those 3 things to show how shallow they are.

1. CRK has not been removed from the curriculum
Yes, it hasn’t been removed but rendered insignificant since they made it just a theme under another subject. He should note that the subject CRK is one of the reasons why our society is still witnessing a little peace. Imagine what the society will be like in few years time now that the subject that helps instill morality and religiousness in our students is removed.

2. Arabic has not been made compulsory

That’s what we hear for now, but it sounds different from what CAN spoke of when they said Christian students were beaten for rejecting the subject in one of the States that has started implementing the new curriculum.

“We have the names of the victims and their schools with us, including the text message from the parents of such students who were beaten,” Ayokunle said. – the cable

3. Decreeing boycott = Boko Haram

This last statement shouldn’t have come from someone who is a Presidential Aide. Did he make that statement on his own or he simply parroted what his masters in government told him to? Is he trying to tell us that the Nigerian Government will treat CAN, PFN, Pastor Adeboye, Bishop Oyedepo etc the same way they treat Boko Haram just cos they told their Christian faith adherents to boycott an ideology that poses a threat to their faith? On one hand, Tolu Ogunlesi claims Arabic Studies is not compulsory. On the other hand, he calls those that want to exercise their freedom to boycott the subject as Boko Haram.

I’m done with my own opinion, the rest lies in you the reader.

http://wotzup.ng/decreeing-boycott-of-arabic-is-equal-to-boko-haram-tolu-ogunlesi/
shame on you, Muslim fanatic

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by ephi123(f): 9:45am On Jul 04, 2017
GEJPosterity:
The fact that every single person on this thread passionately defending "Arabic Studies" is a muslim tells me everything I need to know about the obvious relationship between Arabic and Islamism.

It's good that you guys have exposed yourselves here. In a way, I should thank you for sensitizing the thousands of people who will read this thread.

Exactly. Speaks volumes.

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by luggy(m): 9:46am On Jul 04, 2017
shame on the Muslim fanatic, they want to islamise everybody, anyway am for IPOB

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by mapet: 9:52am On Jul 04, 2017
nneh1:

I went to a private school but wrote my waec in a govt school and yes I was dealt with for refusing a subject, infact because of refusing a subject I was made not to write the others in waec,. Thanks to God for neco.so guy stop arguing baseless.

For refusing Arabic Studies?
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by mapet: 9:57am On Jul 04, 2017
imam07:
Please don't say what u don't know. It really happened in kwara state, where Bishop Oyedepo comes from. It should not surprise us because that is the same way students in quranic school are being treated. Beaten like animals but they should not try and extend that kind of punishment to our Christian students.
If that rubbish did not happen, do u think the men of God will come out to talk about it.

Oops!

So you only alibi that it happened is that "Men of God came out to talk about it"? No reference, no mention of the name of the school?
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Pavore9: 10:04am On Jul 04, 2017
mfm04622:

I can tell you Nigeria's capacity to produce French speakers and teachers is much higher than her capacity to produce (formal) Arabic speakers and teachers! There is virtually no school with languages that don't teach french. Same can't be said of Arabic. Some post graduate schools makes it compulsory for students to take french to graduate. The French govt also funds and promote the language which no Arab Govt does. It is impossible for a school in the South (At least in Lagos that i schooled in) to have Arabic teacher and not french. Please note, i said Arabic and not Islamic studies.
My son is presently learning both French and Arabic and i plan to make him learn Mandarin in future.

A huge number of those who are studying or have studied French as a first degree was not out of for the language rather "make we just enter school than repeating JAMB" . My cousin who studied French at IMSU was after 3 attempts to gain admission to study Mass Communication. She is presently selling fabrics here in Nairobi. Most of them don't fancy teaching, it is even private schools that are really making efforts on the French language.

I also had my primary and secondary education in Lagos and only studied French for only 2 years in my entire life, J.S.S1 and J.S.S.2 .

I know the importance of being multilingual thus had to cough out good money to go learn Italian some years back at a language school in Egbeda. One of my earlier hustles was selling language books and CDs (German, Italian, Spanish, Portugese, Dutch, French, Japanese, Latin), did make good sales via Nairaland's sister site Nairalist.com back then.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:06am On Jul 04, 2017
mapet:

Bros,

I am a Christian and we must be sincere with ourselves. Boko Haram abhors Western education and orientation. CAN is trying to shut-down a middle eastern language because of claims of attachment to Islam. Are they not doing the same?

Additional questions are these

1. Why will CAN as an official body falsify facts? [That CRS was removed from the curriculum, The claim of "Arabic Islamic Studies, and the claim that Christians are forced to study Arabic]
2. Why did CAN lie that they were not consulted despite the fact that the same CAN sent TWO REPRESENTATIVES to the 2012 educational summit where the new curriculum was developed
3. Why is CAN not owning up to his mistakes and misunderstanding in this issue and letting the media make them look more like liars
http://saharareporters.com/2017/06/20/fact-check-has-buhari-removed-christian-religious-studies-secondary-school-curriculum

https://www.thecable.ng/crk-irk-arabic-everything-else-need-know-controversial-curriculum

In summary, Boko Haram is all about INTOLERANCE.........is this move by the Christian body not the same?
Of course the removal claim was a gaffe. But the Arabic Language fears are legitimate. When some persons believe that a certain language is divine, it can never be wrong to question the inclusion of that language on secular places. I don't want to share so much here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by grandlexuz(m): 10:11am On Jul 04, 2017
shuddyy:

On this, you are wrong. Arabic is truly the most widely spoken language in Africa. Make some efforts to Google this. Do you watch e-channel on DSTV? You would have come across this fact on their regular interlude series "Did you know".

Thanks for the correction. I was the ignoramus this time around..Lol I totally failed to look at the Northern part of Africa with millions of native Arabic speakers. I did however google before commenting. Unfortunately I was led to an unreliable site that listed Swahili as the most spoken. The had a list of languages that Arabic never figured in. I bet the meant indigenous languages.
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by mapet: 10:12am On Jul 04, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Of course the removal claim was a gaffe. But the Arabic Language fears are legitimate. When some persons believe that a certain language is divine, it can never be wrong to question the inclusion of that language on secular places. I don't want to share so much here.

1. I believe this is a public enlightement platform, so share all that you have
2. The bolded is baseless. History and literature is replete with the origin, evolution and development of Arabic as a language. It's coming into Nigeria and use is also well documented. So when some people put postulations that are not backed up by credible evidence and such beggars logic, am I to believe such
3. Arabic is one of the official Languages of the United Nations.....hence its common-piece
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:15am On Jul 04, 2017
mapet:

1. I believe this is a public enlightement platform, so share all that you have
2. The bolded is baseless. History and literature is replete with the origin, evolution and development of Arabic as a language. It's coming into Nigeria and use is also well documented. So when some people put postulations that are not backed up by credible evidence and such beggars logic, am I to believe such
3. Arabic is one of the official Languages of the United Nations.....hence its common-piece
Okay, bro. I'm conserving energy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ekiti 2018: PDP Governorship Primary Election, May 8 (live Updates) / LP Accused Peter Obi Of Demolishing Their Billboards In 2013 (Video) / Warning Circular To NTA Staff Over Liking & Sharing Of Online Publications(Memo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.