Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi (32535 Views)

Tolu Ogunlesi Releases His Own Version Of Amaechi Tape To Counter Premium Times / Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari / Between Tolu Ogunlesi And Osita Chidoka On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by dataking: 11:46pm On Jul 03, 2017
Kathmandu:
mynd44

So typical.
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Eno38151: 11:47pm On Jul 03, 2017
SaulRazor:
Tolu is a fool who shouldn't be taken seriously, remember how he advised us to vote for Buhari and today can you see that he was wrong ..Every christian must avoid Arabic

Well if you feel that way.

I just want to remind/inform you that Christianity has its roots in the Middle East, where majority of the people speak Arabic.

If you claim to follow Jesus as Christians then you can learn the language him and his disciples spoke; HEBREW.

As for your call to all christians to reject arabic, nobody is forcing an ELECTIVE subject on anybody. Also what do you say to the Christians who are of Arab descent and speak Arabic??

If you all feel strongly about this you can propose to the ministry of education to adopt hebrew as a course that is if you can find enough Christians that can speak it or better yet the people at CAN or E.A Adeboye can learn the language and teach it to their congregation.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 03, 2017
AyeeIdris:

OK it is the 5th . Noted
I thought you do use Google? Continue advertising yourself here.

Get education fast

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 03, 2017
TimeMod1:
Your reasoning faculty( Not that you had any) has been bastardized through ill-sentimentality. He is pulling a string while y'all too blind to decipher. Shame on you!
You are a Muslim so I'm not surprised with your one dimensional thinking
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by SaulRazor: 11:50pm On Jul 03, 2017
Eno38151:

Well if you feel that way.

I just want to remind/inform you that Christianity has its roots in the Middle East, where majority of the people speak Arabic.

If you claim to follow Jesus as Christians then you can learn the language him and his disciples spoke; HEBREW.

As for your call to all christians to reject arabic, nobody is forcing an ELECTIVE subject on anybody. Also what do you say to the Christians who are of Arab descent and speak Arabic??

If you all feel strongly about this you can propose to the ministry of education to adopt hebrew as a course that is if you can find enough Christians that can speak it or better yet the people at CAN or E.A Adeboye can learn the language and teach it to their congregation.

That is for the gullible, I don't care where Arabic stemmed frim all I know is that 600 years ago it became a vehicle for the propagation of Islam so we don't want it near our loved ones

2 Likes

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Eno38151: 11:52pm On Jul 03, 2017
Afam4eva:
Sometime si just wonder why we choose to tow the path of tomfoolery. What business does Arabic have been taught in Nigeria. After English and French, the most important languages in the world are Spanish, German, Portugese, Italian and Chinese in not particular order. Why Arabic for christ sake if there isn't an undertoned attempt to colonize us with Arabic and Islam. let's say the truth and shame the devil.

If English was forced on the Muslims by the British and the "Christians" didnt see anything wrong in the imposition of the colonisers language in almost all spheres of life. They should not complain if the nigerans decide to offer any student that wants to learn arabic the chance to do so.

4 Likes

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by dataking: 11:53pm On Jul 03, 2017
Kathmandu:
mynd44 seun lalasticlala rule2

You will still call God. Lol. Kids on nairaland never cease to amaze me.

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jul 03, 2017
Eno38151:

If English was forced on the Muslims by the British and the "Christians" didnt see anything wrong in the imposition of the colonisers language in almost all spheres of life. They should not complain if the nigerans decide to offer any student that wants to learn arabic the chance to do so.
This is why people want out of this country because the educated illiterates are multiplying daily.

Can't you imagine yourself using your brain for once

4 Likes

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Eno38151: 11:57pm On Jul 03, 2017
SaulRazor:

That is for the gullible, I don't care where Arabic stemmed frim all I know is that 600 years ago it became a vehicle for the propagation of Islam so we don't want it near our loved ones

Well if you feel that way we also dont care. Tell the jews nd Christians of arabic descent to forget their mother tongue (ARABIC) from their lives and learn English to please you, cause those that want to learn arabic will learn it no matter what you do or say.

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Chinagurum1995(m): 11:58pm On Jul 03, 2017
Eehn na Boko Haram will go died because he is a crooked head and a hypocrite lets lock Boko Haram out then we go pass oooo. angry sad
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by sirfee(m): 11:58pm On Jul 03, 2017
grandstar:
Is this an issue? What's all the fuss about?

Yes it is,you must be a Muslim for saying this.I'm neither a Christian nor a Muslim but I'm against this move because it is nothing but an infringement on the civil rights of non muslim students in this country.The northern conspirators should be extremely careful because we are not in the middle east or Mecca.Nigeria is a secular state with numerous ethnic groups,norms,languages,culture,traditions, religions etc.They should respect our fundamental human rights,we are not living in Afghanistan or Yemen.

2 Likes

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by AyeeIdris(f): 12:01am On Jul 04, 2017
Kathmandu:
I thought you do use Google? Continue advertising yourself here.

Get education fast

Again. Grow up. Learn to address people like the Christian you claim to be.

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Sapiosexuality(m): 12:02am On Jul 04, 2017
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Eno38151: 12:02am On Jul 04, 2017
sirfee:
Yes it is,you must be a Muslim for saying this.I'm neither a Christian nor a Muslim but I'm against this move because it is nothing but an infringement on the civil rights of non muslim students in this country.The northern conspirators should be extremely careful because we are not in the middle east or Mecca.Nigeria is a secular state with numerous ethnic groups,norms,languages,culture,traditions, religions etc.They should respect our fundamental human rights,we are not living in Afghanistan or Yemen.

How does it infringe upon the rights of the non muslims?

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Teeeecash(m): 12:05am On Jul 04, 2017
Paperwhite:
Must every proponent of the APP government be always be daft.Go to Niger & Kwara states to know what Christian students are passing as regards this issue.What have sycophants of the catastrophic "Sai Baba" done about the senseless killings of Christians in this evil regime? So his concern is for Christians to study the satanic arabic language.Thunder fire you there.Fool.
Must u brand the language satanic ? uhn. . . . troll

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by israelmao(m): 12:05am On Jul 04, 2017
Arabic studies in whom benefit and for what?Some people can't just put two and two together logically.Why not other Nigerian languages?

2 Likes

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 12:08am On Jul 04, 2017
AyeeIdris:

Did i tell you I'm a Christian or your Google told you that also?

When people are not subjective on issues rather call a spade what it is, the Google starter pack quoting me wil run and make a wrong profile on my person.

Go and update yourself and don't think everyone who opposes this arabic nonsense does it out of ethnic or religious reasons.

Now flee from my mentions.

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 12:08am On Jul 04, 2017
AyeeIdris:

When people are not subjective on issues rather call a spade what it is, the Google starter pack quoting me wil run and make a wrong profile on my person.

Go and update yourself and don't think everyone who opposes this arabic nonsense does it out of ethnic or religious reasons.

Now flee from my mentions..
dataking:
Some christians are radicals and myopic. Whats wrong with arabic being taught in schools. Its the most widely spoken language in all of africa. No language comes close. Yet, all you can see and say is what your pastors throw into your dull skulls. What of english that has been taught for ages since the time of the missionaries. Did muslims cry foul. I studied french in secondary school. Did it turn me into a french man. Rubbish. So many illiterates that are boko haram in their thought process.
English nor French as you mentioned do not have any religous Affiliation, so dont try to associate them with Christianity Arabic on the other has religious affiliation,so thats the issue on ground and that is a concern to Nigerians especially Christian and by the way i did Arabic language in Jss 2 so i know.
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by sirfee(m): 12:10am On Jul 04, 2017
Eno38151:

How does it infringe upon the rights of the non muslims?
Imposing yourself or your opinions on others is what?
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by dataking: 12:10am On Jul 04, 2017
SAVEDBABA:
English nor French as you mentioned does not have any religous Affiliation, so dont try to associate them with Christianity Arabic on the other has religious affiliation,so thats the issue on ground and that is a concern to Nigerians especially Christian and by the way i did Arabic language in Jss 2 so i know.

You sound bitter. Pele. Take alabukun

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by SaulRazor: 12:10am On Jul 04, 2017
Eno38151:

Well if you feel that way we also dont care. Tell the jews nd Christians of arabic descent to forget their mother tongue (ARABIC) from their lives and learn English to please you, cause those that want to learn arabic will learn it no matter what you do or say.

Mister please what's your relationship with Arabic that you are being such a vocal defender of it ? Are you Arab? Abi are you just interested in Arabic because it's a Trojan for Islam wink.

3 Likes

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by dataking: 12:12am On Jul 04, 2017
Kathmandu:

Now flee from my mentions..

You for one is against it for religious reasons. Have checked your profile. Children of hate. Yet you try to appear peaceful. Hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by dataking: 12:13am On Jul 04, 2017
SaulRazor:

Mister please what's your relationship with Arabic that you are being such a vocal defender of it ? Are you Arab? Abi are you just interested in Arabic because it's a Trojan for Islam wink.

Why are you also so bent against it being taught in schools. Did arabs steal your manhood

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Pecca: 12:17am On Jul 04, 2017
You don't need to be a soothsayer or a crystal gazer to see through this plot.

When APC was branded the JANJANWEED, the less discerning screamed Blue Murder!

When some people pointed at how the structure was peopled, religiously, some said that a group was being mischievous!!

When key appointments were skewed in favour of Islamic/Arabian faithfuls and some people tried to say something, they were called 5%ters!!!

The agenda, right from the word go, stood out like a sore thumb: It is ISLAMIZATION.

I have always believed that the reason the religion of Islam is not being easily embraced by some parts in this country is because of the medium with which its message is being conveyed to the public: Arabic! That was the magic of Christianity: medium. It was translated and taught in many tongues, even Arabic.

How do you expect to capture or sell such a faith to a world or country whose lingua franca is mostly English?

But it's like the conveyors are finally coming to terms with modern day realities. They are planning to force their tongue down our throats.

They plan on sticking to this agenda, willy-nilly.

Hence, whenever you walk by a mosque you will be able to comprehend what comes through the megaphones which before sounded to you like a persistent dash of gravel against some roofing sheet.

Like that some of us may begin to take interest in what they are saying.

But govt come and govt go. Same applies in here zoo.

But tomorrow is quite unpredictable.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Nobody: 12:17am On Jul 04, 2017
dataking:

You for one is against it for religious reasons. Have checked your profile. Children of hate. Yet you try to appear peaceful. Hypocrites
wow anu mpama, you went through my profie? That's so adorable. Thanks and now run to where you came out from.

You ll be banned by daybreak

I will make sure i do that
Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by SaulRazor: 12:18am On Jul 04, 2017
dataking:

Why are you also so bent against it being taught in schools. Did arabs steal your manhood

I am against it because modern christians have become to docile and this is allowing Islam to grow instead of dying like it should and allowing such weak and docile christian learn that Trojan language called Arabic will be tantamount to trying to get christian extinct..Just imagine a world with only Muslims it will be like hell I tell you

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Eno38151: 12:18am On Jul 04, 2017
sirfee:
Imposing yourself or your opinions on others is what?

But the course is an ELECTIVE like hausa, Igbo, Yoruba and other Languages.

Nobody is forcing Anybody to take up arabic.

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by Eno38151: 12:20am On Jul 04, 2017
SaulRazor:

If English as a trojan for Christianity can be excused, then you must excuse arabic as well

1 Like

Re: Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi by dataking: 12:20am On Jul 04, 2017
SaulRazor:

I am against it because modern christians have become to docile and this is allowing Islam to grow instead of dying like it should and allowing such weak and docile christian learn that Trojan language called Arabic will be tantamount to trying to get christian extinct..Just imagine a world with only Muslims it will be like hell I tell you

Just listen to yourself. Radical Christian.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Buratai: Insecurity Will End When Nigerians Want It To End / Nigerians Excited Seeing Obasanjo On A Plane (Video) / Senate Passes 2016 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.