Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,321 members, 7,954,291 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:07 PM

Understanding Men (part 2) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Understanding Men (part 2) (1070 Views)

Top 100 Things That Attract Women To Men - Part 1 / Understanding Men (part 1) / Bored, Lonely, Starting To Hate Nigerian Men: (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understanding Men (part 2) by Pogistega(m): 9:45am On Jan 30, 2010
I will tell another story to support the fact that a women's reaction, in extreme issues is vitally important. You can't fight fire with fire. A husband told his wife that he was bringing home another wife by the end of the month. The woman ran to her pastor and reported the matter, and subsequently asked for advice. The pastor told her to raise money and prepare a feast, to welcome the new wife. She responded that it was not a joking matter. The pastor instructed her to buy wine, prepare fried chicken, salad, fried rice, etc, and cautioned her to be civil to the new woman. With a heavy heart, she did as she was told. On that fateful day, after the new wife's arrival, she spread out the feast, and the three of them sat down to eat. She was the perfect hostess. She offered more wine and food to the guest, silently cursing that the wine and food should choke her. With the lunch over, the hostess started clearing the dishes and was assisted by the guest. As the new wife entered the kitchen, she fell on her knees and cried that she never expected such kindness from her. She begged for forgiveness, saying that she was sorry for trying to break her home, and vowed never to return to that house. She came out of the kitchen to the sitting room, picked up her bags and made for the door. The man was startled and demanded to know what was going on, and she replied that he was a wicked man, and that she was sure that when she attains the age of his wife, he would also bring in another wife. She left immediately. The man ran to the kitchen and accused his wife for involvement in the departure of his guest, of which she responded that all she did was to welcome her.
I really hope that you women will learn something from this story.
Re: Understanding Men (part 2) by sugarpp: 9:53am On Jan 30, 2010
@ poster enuf of all dis senseless examples! wat stops d guy bringn another woman wat guarantee that the other woman wld b sensible enough to leave. No wonder Nigerian women settle for less because they hv people like u advisin them on how to be used n abused n thinkin they r fortunate! ur subject shld b understandn lowlifes nt men angry
Re: Understanding Men (part 2) by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 30, 2010
sugar pp:

@ poster enuf of all dis senseless examples! wat stops d guy bringn another woman wat guarantee that the other woman wld b sensible enough to leave. No wonder Nigerian women settle for less because they hv people like u advisin them on how to be used n abused n thinkin they r fortunate! your subject shld b understandn lowlifes nt men angry
So true lol
Re: Understanding Men (part 2) by Pogistega(m): 10:03am On Jan 30, 2010
Sugar PP I sincerely hope you're not datf. I repeat, I don't subscribe to the issuies on ground. The focus should be on the reaction of the women. period.
Re: Understanding Men (part 2) by sugarpp: 10:09am On Jan 30, 2010
Pogistega i am very OK certified mentally stable n able. What is daft is u providn examples of women reactn in a senseless manner to diffuse situations that cld b handled in more mature n sensible manner. If a guy wants to move in another woman why nt ask him what he expects from u? why nt calmly tell him u r nt happy wit the situation n look for exit options that wld pay u?
Re: Understanding Men (part 2) by iice(f): 5:34pm On Jan 30, 2010
@Topic,
Story grin If the first wife can welcome you with open arms. . .why not take over and kick her out? That is human nature cheesy The rest na fantasy
Re: Understanding Men (part 2) by Pogistega(m): 7:04am On Jan 31, 2010
iice I can see why most women will never have a stable relationship with men. Get off your high horse!
Re: Understanding Men (part 2) by vivaladiva(f): 7:53am On Jan 31, 2010
i swear this poster is mad, okay now me i want to bring a new husband into the house, i have never seen such a •misogynistic society in all my life, come n try this foolish non sense in the uk, if u will not loose ur house n pay child support till ur anus bleeds, stupendous intete
Re: Understanding Men (part 2) by GL(f): 8:14am On Jan 31, 2010
@ Pogistega,

the story is unrealistic. like iice said, in reality the new wife would take advantage of the first wife's kindness. even if the story were realistic, the only woman who can learn any lesson from this story is a very desperate one. why on earth would i want to stick with a man who had the guts to tell me he is bringing in a new wife. and even worse, was angry with his wife when the new wife left. what kind of a pastor gives such advice anyway? well, i say any woman who reacts that way deserves whatever she gets in the marriage.
Re: Understanding Men (part 2) by Pogistega(m): 9:45am On Jan 31, 2010
GL You speak as if you're not a Nigerian. Maybe you are'nt. Worse things happen here in Nigeria daily. Wives have been kicked out of their homes, to be replaced with house girls. Blood sisters have taken over marital beds, etc, etc. The point is, better results will be achieved, if a woman is as wise as a serpent but gentle as a dove.
Re: Understanding Men (part 2) by neily(f): 10:05am On Jan 31, 2010
@ poster gone are the days when women take shit from men. Wake up and be realistic. The best thing is to trash it out wit the husband b4 he does it. And if he does it make their lives a living hell.
Re: Understanding Men (part 2) by GL(f): 10:30am On Jan 31, 2010
Pogistega:

GL You speak as if you're not a Nigerian. Maybe you are'nt. Worse things happen here in Nigeria daily. Wives have been kicked out of their homes, to be replaced with house girls. Blood sisters have taken over marital beds, etc, etc. The point is, better results will be achieved, if a woman is as wise as a serpent but gentle as a dove.

i'm nigerian and i don't see this woman as wise, on the contrary i think she was foolish. why should a woman degrade herself and be treated with disrespect all because she want's to remain married to a lowlife cheat.
Re: Understanding Men (part 2) by iice(f): 12:53pm On Jan 31, 2010
Pogistega:

iice I can see why most women will never have a stable relationship with men. Get off your high horse!

Spoken like a blind man. . .enjoy it grin

Pogistega:

GL You speak as if you're not a Nigerian. Maybe you are'nt. Worse things happen here in Nigeria daily. [b]Wives have been kicked out of their homes, to be replaced with house girls. Blood sisters have taken over marital beds, [/b]etc, etc. The point is, better results will be achieved, if a woman is as wise as a serpent but gentle as a dove.

Well done eh.  You have expanded on my initial statement. Yet couldn't make the connection to it from the beginning.

The state of education tire me grin grin
Re: Understanding Men (part 2) by g1(m): 2:17pm On Jan 31, 2010
@poster you are such a misogynistic d.i.c.k head, were you not the same clown that posted this rubbish:

Before I commence, I must "tell" a short story.
A young Christian wife organized a crusade, and as she was about to leave the house for church, her husband gave a directive that she was not to leave the house. She pleaded with her husband that she was the main organizer, and that her absence would portray her n a very bad light, and more so that the crusade was just between 6 - 8pm, but her husband was adamant. She left for church all the same. When she returned around 8.15pm, her husband had locked up the houses.  All her knocks and calls were fruitless. She finally resigned herself to the floor by the back door, troughout the cold mosquito-filled night. In the morning, her husband, nonchalantly opened the door (as if to say that, same fate awaits you today). As the woman came in she said, "morning dear, what do you want me to prepare for you before you go to work". The man stopped in his tracks. He was expecting fire from his wife, not this. The woman reached him and put her arm around his shoulder lovingly, leaning slightly on him, and repeated, "what would you like to eat this morning". When the man turned to face his wife, tears sprang into his eyes, and the reality of what he had done hit him like a stone. He cried, "I locked you out? I don't know what came me! Please forgive me!". The woman replied that she should be the one apologising as she refused to follow his instruction, but the man replied that he knew when she returned, but intentionally refused to yield to her calls, and pleaded for forgiveness.
The lessons to be learnt:
1. For several weeks to come, after that incident, the man appreciated his wife anew, and, on many occasions, when returning from work, bought gifts for her.
2. The following sunday after that incident, for the first time since their marriage, accompanied his wife to church.
If you were the woman that was locked out, what would have been your reaction? I'm sure you would have released a good hiss, first.

the following posts hit the nail on the head about how i feel about your stupid stories:
sugar pp:

@ poster enuf of all dis senseless examples! wat stops d guy bringn another woman wat guarantee that the other woman wld b sensible enough to leave. No wonder Nigerian women settle for less because they hv people like u advisin them on how to be used n abused n thinkin they r fortunate! your subject shld b understandn lowlifes nt men angry

vivaladiva:

i swear this poster is mad, okay now me i want to bring a new husband into the house, i have never seen such a •misogynistic society in all my life, come n try this foolish non sense in the uk, if u will not loose your house n pay child support till your anus bleeds, stupendous intete

GL:

@ Pogistega,

the story is unrealistic. like iice said, in reality the new wife would take advantage of the first wife's kindness. even if the story were realistic, the only woman who can learn any lesson from this story is a very desperate one. why on earth would i want to stick with a man who had the guts to tell me he is bringing in a new wife. and even worse, was angry with his wife when the new wife left. what kind of a pastor gives such advice anyway? well, i say any woman who reacts that way deserves whatever she gets in the marriage.

why should a man tell his wife he is going to bring a new wife if he truly cares for his wife's feelings? its a ggod thing that all nigerian men are not like you and the stupid men you talk about in your stories, we are in 2010 and you are still thinkin like a bronze age man,

i pity the woman that marries a clown like you angry angry angry angry fu.c.k.ta.rd
Re: Understanding Men (part 2) by spawnx: 4:23pm On Jan 31, 2010
Are we encouraging polygamy here? What if,
Re: Understanding Men (part 2) by Pogistega(m): 7:14pm On Feb 07, 2010
g1 It's not a curse but you can NEVER pass a Test of English Language!
Re: Understanding Men (part 2) by sugarpp: 7:25pm On Feb 07, 2010
@ pogistega,, and u cn never pass an IQ test! wat r u doin resuscitatn dis thread afara u better bury it now! angry dnt make me count up to three!
Re: Understanding Men (part 2) by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:36pm On Feb 07, 2010
Dude snap out into reality!

No Woman is gonna openly welcome another woman into her home! I think you need to stop day dreaming a lot!
Re: Understanding Men (part 2) by Pogistega(m): 7:37pm On Feb 07, 2010
sugar pp (What a dumb name) Obviously, you are not mature.
Re: Understanding Men (part 2) by sugarpp: 7:51pm On Feb 07, 2010
Pogistega (what a stupid name) sounds like a tablet one uses to purge one's system n how i badly wanna purge u out of nairaland! ehwy u suck tongue
Re: Understanding Men (part 2) by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 07, 2010
This is sick so the woman should basically kill herself just so she can remain married to an ungrateful basteward? Thank fook Nigerian women are becoming wiser and not having to settle for scums of the earth.
Re: Understanding Men (part 2) by ssumpta(f): 8:32pm On Feb 07, 2010
Why are u pple taking this poster seriously?
Re: Understanding Men (part 2) by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:55pm On Feb 07, 2010
LWKMD. what i find most amusing abt these threads are the 'come and try this in the uk bla bla child support, po po' part. haba! e pele o naija britiko and american niggerians. hmmn i swear nl is definitely proof that weather extremes is related to brain cell damage. talk abt being whiter than the white man. and some of these donkeys will moan abt how the men with them ova there dont rate them. some will even come here 2 get married. e yin ri eeyan fee yin ni. ti o ba ya gbogbo yin ee maa fe obirin ara yin maa fi ahon la idi ma ti ika bo. o yi ja yin je ni. ti o ba di eyin mo yin ori a ya
Re: Understanding Men (part 2) by atilla(m): 1:44pm On Feb 08, 2010
@pogistega

be like say u never sheet for 3 months. Are you ok? or is ur user name the name of the drug u are on??

U post about womens reactions, then you yourself have very bad reactions to the posts of what people reply you with. Just take a look at each of your replies to people on this ur thread. dont u think you might be the one you should focus on??

This shows that you are an unreasonable person and how u expect women to behave when you have ur crazy behaviour towards them. I believe you should do research into your own behavior and reaction honestly.

(1) (Reply)

She Left Her Fiancee because Of Me. But It Is 2 Late. / Why Would A Guy Take A Girl's Phone Number Then Ignore Her? / Appreciating Friendships <3 <3 <3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.