Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,738 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

Don't We Men Think This Domestic Violence Campaign In Nigeria Is One Sided? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Don't We Men Think This Domestic Violence Campaign In Nigeria Is One Sided? (840 Views)

A Nairalander Escaped This Domestic Fire Outbreak (photos) / Why Is Society's View Of Domestic Violence So One Sided?? / 3 Most Important Things Men Think About - Bamisepeters' Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't We Men Think This Domestic Violence Campaign In Nigeria Is One Sided? by Afonjashapmouth: 9:08am On Jul 05, 2017
In all sense there is not justification to a man physically pouncing on a woman or abusing a her verbally, same applies to them too. However the direction at which this domestic violence campaigns are going in Nigeria, many women out there are being misinformed. I had the opportunity to watch the likes of Tonto Dike and all crying and telling their tales, in my head i was wondering what this women of double standard makes of a man's tolerance to ugly situations? i have seen a lot of women striking their men and people just slide by, i have heard housewives put their man down with words to the state of depression. Why are they not doing proper investigations by inviting both parties before labeling the case? why are they not enlightening every woman out there on basic standards of running a home and not slaying vs cheating?. Looking at the numerous female platforms and groups we have online nowadays, hardly would you come across groups teaching women submission and respect for their spouse. (Are you saying an average man is wired with violence?).

There are beast in some men out there, they can never be contented with any woman's effort no matter how much you try to please them, however for this campaign to make a huge impact on the women in our society, they need to be enlighten them about the needful and not just create a platform to misbehave thinking they have a Saviour to run to now. Many men are dying inside because all the world wants to hear is the female version of the story.

My Opinion.

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Don't We Men Think This Domestic Violence Campaign In Nigeria Is One Sided? by Gourdoinc(m): 9:11am On Jul 05, 2017
well said. but they won't be able to comprehend what you wrote. because God hurried their creation and didn't add the ALU in their brain cells. he focused on breasts and yansh

1 Like

Re: Don't We Men Think This Domestic Violence Campaign In Nigeria Is One Sided? by simplyhonest(m): 9:25am On Jul 05, 2017
it is not one sided. most domestic violence are perpetuated by men... women are also culpable but not as pronounced

6 Likes

Re: Don't We Men Think This Domestic Violence Campaign In Nigeria Is One Sided? by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 05, 2017
Stand in one spot. I will bring a woman to slap you with all her might. Keep standing. I will bring a man to slap you with all his might. When you wake up, give me your opinion about the matter again.
Re: Don't We Men Think This Domestic Violence Campaign In Nigeria Is One Sided? by Afonjashapmouth: 10:17am On Jul 05, 2017
FortuneTeller:
Stand in one spot. I will bring a woman to slap you with all her might. Keep standing. I will bring a man to slap you with all his might. When you wake up, give me your opinion about the matter again.

What a myopic illustration, what of women who make use of weapons or talk men into depression What's your illustration for that

2 Likes

Re: Don't We Men Think This Domestic Violence Campaign In Nigeria Is One Sided? by dominique(f): 10:51am On Jul 05, 2017
How many men has died as a result of domestic violence compared to women?

1 Like

Re: Don't We Men Think This Domestic Violence Campaign In Nigeria Is One Sided? by eyinjuege: 11:43am On Jul 05, 2017
Afonjashapmouth:

What a myopic illustration, what of women who make use of weapons or talk men into depression What's your illustration for that

The mistake most people make is to equate physical violence to verbal abuse.
They are not seen as the same in the LAW of any land, and can never be equated as same.
Physical violence on anyone carries a stiffer penalty.
Self defence is another matter.
Even in self defence, is the force applied reasonable? Was there a genuine and legitimate concern?
Someone/ 40kg woman cannot push you, a 70kg man and you give her 5 blows. Your first blow already pushed her to the floor or dazed her. What was the reason for the 2nd to 5th blows? If not to commit murder?
Please remove gender sentiments now, and let's be logical and factual about issues.
Documented studies (it's everywhere- different published studies on Google with solid references) have shown that majority of cases on domestic violence are perpetrated by men. 70% of children in such homes are also victims of physical violence and neglect (Thats why it's dangerous to leave children alone (award child custody) with/to people with established violent tendencies. It's never in the best interest of the child as the statistics don't lie. Studies are done to to help guide us objectively.

1 Like

Re: Don't We Men Think This Domestic Violence Campaign In Nigeria Is One Sided? by NaeChris: 11:44am On Jul 05, 2017
dominique:
[s]How many men has died as a result of domestic violence compared to women?
[/s] What are you now saying? Should women go ahead and abuse their husbands? Rememberm women are always at the recieving end either good or bad.

1 Like

Re: Don't We Men Think This Domestic Violence Campaign In Nigeria Is One Sided? by Laralag: 3:37pm On Jul 05, 2017
I think d op 's point is tht to address this situation we need to look at the cause n effect. Some women are bullies in their home, emotionally draining the man, this can drive anybody at the receiving end to act in ways they normally will not. I agree that this org should preach peace. U cant be a receiver of peace if u continually project war. Lets say no to violence against men and women in our homes.

1 Like

Re: Don't We Men Think This Domestic Violence Campaign In Nigeria Is One Sided? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 05, 2017
FortuneTeller:

So what about her ? I think that point is invalid a lady could easily physically abuse you with an item

2 Likes

Re: Don't We Men Think This Domestic Violence Campaign In Nigeria Is One Sided? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 05, 2017
pcguru1:

So what about her ? I think that point is invalid a lady could easily physically abuse you with an item

Let a man who competes as she does hit you after she hits you. Then after you leave the hospital come back to me. The point is that no matter what you think, men are biologically stronger than women. The impact of a woman's hit can never match that of most men. That is why I'm glad I relocated. All woman beaters are jailed if you call the police. I'm glad to see the law is finally changing in Nigeria. There is no such thing as provocation to use physical violence against your wife or girlfriend. If you don't like what she is saying, it is your responsibility to leave.

1 Like

Re: Don't We Men Think This Domestic Violence Campaign In Nigeria Is One Sided? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 05, 2017
It's comedy trope when a woman abuses a man, also we men are not used to playing victim hood that's a woman thing. We know both sees are abused and we hate it but I guess only women feel women can be victims just like how they say you can't be racists towards a white person. You can but it doesn't carry the same weight call a white person a cracker and it's not the same as calling a black person a nigga. In other words only women can be abused not men according to some females. Lol
Re: Don't We Men Think This Domestic Violence Campaign In Nigeria Is One Sided? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 05, 2017
FortuneTeller:

Let a man who competes as she does hit you after she hits you. Then after you leave the hospital come back to me. The point is that no matter what you think, [b]men are biologically stronger than women. [/b]The impact of a woman's hit can never match that of most men. That is why I'm glad I relocated. All woman beaters are jailed if you call the police. I'm glad to see the law is finally changing in Nigeria. There is no such thing as provocation to use physical violence against your wife or girlfriend. If you don't like what she is saying, it is your responsibility to leave.

Please look extra careful at her and look at my profile and tell me who's more bilogically stronger. She will carry me with one hand one easily. Also your statement is flawed both body builder punches will equally send me to sleep as both would hurt. Nothing like a man's punch would hurt more both would hurt a's hell

1 Like

Re: Don't We Men Think This Domestic Violence Campaign In Nigeria Is One Sided? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 05, 2017
FortuneTeller:

Let a man who competes as she does hit you after she hits you. Then after you leave the hospital come back to me. The point is that no matter what you think, men are biologically stronger than women. The impact of a woman's hit can never match that of most men. That is why I'm glad I relocated. All woman beaters are jailed if you call the police. I'm glad to see the law is finally changing in Nigeria. [b]There is no such thing as provocation to use physical violence against your wife or girlfriend. [/b]If you don't like what she is saying, it is your responsibility to leave.

Yeah I support this too , if its too much to bear the man can divorce or breakup to avoid issues.

2 Likes

Re: Don't We Men Think This Domestic Violence Campaign In Nigeria Is One Sided? by KanwuliaExtra: 10:13pm On Jul 05, 2017
It will always be one-sided because MEN are the chief CULPRITS! The women and children only learn from them.

Show me one abusive woman and I will show you 10 abusive men that messed up her body and soul. kiss

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't We Men Think This Domestic Violence Campaign In Nigeria Is One Sided? by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 06, 2017
what is this one saying oooo

(1) (Reply)

Mum Whose Heart Stopped During Labour Wakes Up Thinking She's 13-years-old / ''nairalanders Please Help Me In This Case'' / Is It Good For A Married Woman To Close From Work By 11pm At Night Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.