Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,877 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday (55078 Views)

Malcom Ebose, Best Graduating Student Of His Class From Cambridge University UK / Anthony Chukwudi Mazeli, Soldier Tops His Class In University Of Lancaster, UK / Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by Jackipapa: 1:02pm On Jul 06, 2017
Why coming late for class?
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 06, 2017
'fatdick' strange name. meaning I go sabi u be that o......the man is nut really. If you call him daddy as a word of endearment, he would say 'Who is your father'. 'I am now a professor'
fatdick:
That Prof is a lunatic. I remember when he used to storm Henry Carr PG hall those days during my MSc. He is a sadist and was challenged severally by few PG students then.
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by bunlizlaw(f): 2:03pm On Jul 06, 2017
Jimi
ajebuter:
l know that professor as a crazy ass as a post graduate student in department of English of UNILAG..

Chai.. even us grown adults eh...

One day l greeted him. ,,good morning daddy, you know as as matured Yoruba woman..

The crazy old prof told me: Look lya oloja (lol) this is UNILAG and not your Dubai shopping malls where women like you go to waste your man's money.. So address me as Dr.Daramola (he was not a prof then) and not 'daddy'..Besides ,if I'm fucking you, will you call me 'daddy' and you are quite fuckable because l can take you from your man'

Jesus..l have never been that motified in my entire 43 years on God's green earth..

Till l finished my Master degree there, l steered clear off the old man..

And he would rub it in your face he studied in Australia

But give it to that old dude, he is brilliant....

But profs like Opeibi, Okoro, Adedun , and Dr. Afolayan are quite civil ..

Professor Daramola taught me Linguistic Theories (ENG 807) during my MA .I honestly believe he was only playing with the students.He is known to be overly pedantic and ostentatious.He is a very brilliant lecturer 'Sysytemic grammarian ' taught by MAK Halliday���.Prof can dictate 10 pages of notes off hand.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by tunjicorper: 2:06pm On Jul 06, 2017
The prof is oustepping his boundary
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by CoolUsername: 2:08pm On Jul 06, 2017
lonelydora:

Spare the rod and spoil the child

Yet, see the state of the country.

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by ajebuter(f): 2:13pm On Jul 06, 2017
bunlizlaw:
Jimi

Professor Daramola taught me Linguistic Theories (ENG 807) during my MA .I honestly believe he was only playing with the students.He is known to be overly pedantic and ostentatious.He is a very brilliant lecturer 'Sysytemic grammarian ' taught by MAK Halliday���.Prof can dictate 10 pages of notes off hand.

When l did my Master degree there, he just returned from Australia and probably on sabbatical because he made few appearances then .

But he relished making a jive at us women telling us to go face our men and children, albeit jokingly..

But my nasty experience and his sexist remark remained a turn off for me afterward..

To be. fair to him ,he tried many times to be playful with me but l just couldn't erase his crude and sexist remark from my head..

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by EmmanuelCena(m): 2:13pm On Jul 06, 2017
irynterri:
I'm a graduate of a Nigerian university and I can proudly say I participated in protests against the school authorities to bring progress to my department,our set did not leave my department the way we met it, lecturers literally got scared of us and dubbed us "small but mighty" because we always stood in unison, you can't succeed in life without killing fear of the unknown, or you don't know lecturers are also scared of students attacking them?, even armed robbers get scared because they know anything can happen, people only put fear in you so that you won't see their fears, if the whole class stood against him, he can't fail them all and would never try it again.

Smiles...
That's a nice one from you guys
It's best of there is "solidarity among y'all"

But sha, I know of departments that were punished for rebelling against the departments

Some even get expelled sef...

So, the issue is Nigeria isn't an ideal state.
In an ideal one, lecturers wouldn't even have half the powers they have now
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by lonelydora: 2:54pm On Jul 06, 2017
bbbabes:

Will u beat your child that is over age 20

A very BIG YES, if s/he does something wrong.
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by FeedsTrail: 3:18pm On Jul 06, 2017
akintade59:
Prof Daramola of english dept, university of lagos flogged student who came late to his class on their palm, this so shameful for a respected school like this.

IMPORTANT NOTICE from UNILAG's official Facebook page

We are aware of the post on the Nairaland.com (Nairaland) titled “UNILAG Lecturer Flogs Student Who Came Late to His Class”

The matter has been duly referred to the appropriate authority and is being investigated at the moment.

Let us assure you that the outcome of the investigations will be made public.

Thank you.
Information Unit
University of Lagos

Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by mbhs139(m): 3:48pm On Jul 06, 2017
lx3as:

Exactly! He taught me Discourse Analysis about ten - year ago; though a bit strict, we all enjoyed his class.

Did you read the responses of some people on this matter? It tells you that there are lots of miscreants on social media.

It's a shame
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by bbbabes(f): 3:52pm On Jul 06, 2017
lonelydora:

A very BIG YES, if s/he does something wrong.

Goodluck sir
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by Henrodah(m): 5:04pm On Jul 06, 2017
[quote author=farouk0403 post=58176221]

Lol funny [/quote

grin
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by TinaAnita(f): 6:12pm On Jul 06, 2017
This is laughable
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by GoldHorse(m): 7:52pm On Jul 06, 2017
I might be wrong but I am sure he was just joking and "messing" around.
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 06, 2017
woow but they treat we PG students well na
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by OsuGanja(m): 10:37pm On Jul 06, 2017
farouk0403:
I have noticed something common about those old professors.

They all start to act in a childish way,by doing funny or aburd things.

Thats what happens to people who over read with no form of happiness in them...End time lecturers
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by farouk0403(m): 4:59am On Jul 07, 2017
OsuGanja:

Thats what happens to people who over read with no form of happiness in them...End time lecturers

Lolss
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by kosam(m): 9:57am On Jul 07, 2017
Its here again! _ FUNAAB PRE DEGREE, JUMPEB, CAMBRIDGE AND DIPLOMA PROGRAM is out for sale _ Enroll for it while the offer last. _ Call or WhatsApp us at Unified Ventures on 08167721408, 08173194882, 08132556684. The form won't sell for long.
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by kosam(m): 10:05am On Jul 07, 2017
Its here again! _ FUNAAB PRE DEGREE, JUMPEB, CAMBRIDGE AND DIPLOMA PROGRAM is out for sale _ Enroll for it while the offer last. _ Call or WhatsApp us at Unified Ventures on 08167721408, 08173194882, 08132556684. The form won't sell for long.
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by efosaea: 10:48am On Jul 07, 2017
That is just how he behaves. A very wicked man. He does worse things. Thank God he is finally being exposed.
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by mikolo80: 11:11am On Jul 07, 2017
crackhouse:
they are just afraid of having F in his course.
It's not good to be intimidated.
This shows they don't have any right.
Reducing their mark in their assessments would have been a better option and a better lesson to them than this.
what right does he have to reduce their marks. he can report them to school disciplinary committee. does he think thugs cannot beat him in dark corners or burn his house down.?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pls Can HND Distinction Go For Masters Direct / Angry Zambian Father Slaps His Son Over Poor Result After Paying $21k As Tuition / NUC Names University Of Ibadan Number 1 In Nigeria – See List Of Top 100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.