Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,234 members, 7,825,904 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday (55101 Views)

Malcom Ebose, Best Graduating Student Of His Class From Cambridge University UK / Anthony Chukwudi Mazeli, Soldier Tops His Class In University Of Lancaster, UK / Teacher Thrown Into Prison For Flogging Student In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by Opsydgenius: 10:57am On Jul 06, 2017
I'm a Final Year student of English and I know Prof. Daramola VERY WELL. Agreed, he's not the everyday lecturer because he's different. The 'flogging' is not what people think, look at the pic and you'll see the girl is even laughing. Leave it or take it, Prof. D is one of the most inspiring persons I've met. He goes extra mile for his students.

In the last 3 years, he has not missed a class. If you also think he's a sadist, you may be right because no one has gotten A in his course in recent years, but when you sit in a Daramola exam you'll know why. I think he's tagged a sadist because he won't give 'free' marks.

Akokites should also endeavour to not always blow things out of proportion.

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by bbbabes(f): 11:00am On Jul 06, 2017
lonelydora:

This mentality is why we no longer have morals in the world.

Will u beat your child that is over age 20

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by Habeyy(m): 11:00am On Jul 06, 2017
40kobo77:
Correct.

Some undergraduates just need to be flogged.
smh for you

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by 99foxxy(f): 11:08am On Jul 06, 2017
Like I'm in secondary school? Rubbishing everything in Nigeria like we are in uncivilized world. No lecturer dares that with me. Stupid old dirty prof without integrity.
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by jaidor: 11:09am On Jul 06, 2017
I had an encounter with d man before, he is indeed a terrible human being...likes anything in skirts, esp d light skinned ones,
hate guys with passion.
you can't even make an attempt to help him with his bag while he's going to office, he will insult you for trying.

Imagine what will happen if he is appointed to a higher office e.g dvc, vc.
Stupid man with stupid principle.
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by sheeda995(f): 11:13am On Jul 06, 2017
maisauki:
Some students deserve being beaten even been served wit punishment.
D way youths of today behave you'l justl be very sori for them...
I don't abuse on social platform, but I am forced by your words. You are crazy and incorrigible, your type of people are the reasons Nigeria is not moving forward. Even beating small children is forbidden, not to talk of adult
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by sheeda995(f): 11:18am On Jul 06, 2017
free2ryhme:

Which of the older generation? Obasanjo own or fashola own?

Oga what stopping the girl from leaving or forgetting the class? Dem force her neter to chop the cane?

An older student will just leave and collect notes later afterall missing one class wot make you fail exam
missing a class can make someone fail, I don't think you know what you are saying. The main reason people cannot voice out is poverty, everyone is afraid because the school fees was paid with their parents last money, imagine that kind of a person should fail. I am young during undergraduate, I know all my rights,but still couldn't voice out, now during postgraduate, they treat us like animals, still I can't do anything because I know parent only want to hear positive things. But am very sure I will become an activist one day, and voice out so many things
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by OBku4(m): 11:20am On Jul 06, 2017
lailo:
OP,do u know that u could be tracked?U ignorantly left a mark on d picture in a class of just few student.Ur phones,ur umbrella and co.

Seems you're a primary/secondary school pupil
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by suremanpatriot: 11:29am On Jul 06, 2017
Wht does he teach?Lunacy? prof of lunacy. if his highly cerebral he wont hav the space to embark on such melodrama. Very despicable act, it bring down the prestige of the university to a glorified sec sch. He jst wants to be in the news, but THIS VISUAL IS UGLY AND very damaging sight on unilag's image to the outside world.
IT'S ALMOST A GLOBAL TRADITION FOR STUDENTS COMING LATE TO CLASS IN THE UNIVERSITY TO BE SHUT OUT FR LECTURE RM ONCE IT'S TIME.
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by sheeda995(f): 11:29am On Jul 06, 2017
BurningBlade:
Flogging the student is wrong! But still, why should a student come late to class.

The best thing to do in this case is to stop them from entering his class, not to flog them.
Why should a student come late to class? That is the most stupid question I have heard in ages. But still I will answer you
I am in UI, post graduate, a lecture was scheduled for 8:00, I got to the faculty 5minute before 8:00, but just because there is no venue, we use different places, I first went to check the exercise physiology lab if they were there, because that was where we used the last class, then someone described somewhere, by the time I walked round the faculty I was already 15minutes past 8, so with that I got late to the class. Another day, I got late to class was the faculty declared free lecture day, so we thought lecture is not gonna hold,the lecture was supposed to hold at 8:00, the woman did not come, and me wasn't feeling fine,went back home, later the woman called around 9:15, that lecture would be 9:30,I was already home, my house is far from the school because the school did not give me hostel, I rushed to the class,but still I got there late, 15minutes to 10, and the woman didn't allow me to enter. And for all the two classes that I missed, 5marks deducted from CA.Nigerian universities are nonsense
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by kenoz(m): 11:29am On Jul 06, 2017
grin
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by free2ryhme: 11:32am On Jul 06, 2017
sheeda995:

missing a class can make someone fail, I don't think you know what you are saying. The main reason people cannot voice out is poverty, everyone is afraid because the school fees was paid with their parents last money, imagine that kind of a person should fail. I am young during undergraduate, I know all my rights,but still couldn't voice out, now during postgraduate, they treat us like animals, still I can't do anything because I know parent only want to hear positive things. But am very sure I will become an activist one day, and voice out so many things

Missing a class can make u fail is a lie from the pit of hell

No be only be student even those abroad dey do five jobs to see themselves and they didnot fail

And the issue of poverty, a lecturer one time told me to kneel infront of the class I walked out live and direct and I still graduate. It is not about poverty when children behave like children in the university they will be treated like children

But if na to Bleep aristotles and smoke igbo and shisha una dey show una sef.

Make una face una warrant nobody will fight for you and besides when their parents where bribing heaven and earth to get into the university una no complain
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by sheeda995(f): 11:35am On Jul 06, 2017
Opsydgenius:
I'm a Final Year student of English and I know Prof. Daramola VERY WELL. Agreed, he's not the everyday lecturer because he's different. The 'flogging' is not what people think, look at the pic and you'll see the girl is even laughing. Leave it or take it, Prof. D is one of the most inspiring persons I've met. He goes extra mile for his students.

In the last 3 years, he has not missed a class. If you also think he's a sadist, you may be right because no one has gotten A in his course in recent years, but when you sit in a Daramola exam you'll know why. I think he's tagged a sadist because he won't give 'free' marks.

Akokites should also endeavour to not always blow things out of proportion.
you are stupid brother, is it right for no one to get A in a lecturers course? It just show that the lecturer has been so inefficient that he couldn't teach students well enough for them to have A in his course. I think you have low IQ, let me tell you what test is about, test is an instrument used to know how much the students have learnt from a course content, and there's something called normal distribution, which the curve says, no matter the test, some should have an A,Some B, C, D like that, but because he's a professor of nonsense, he's too dumb to know that. please so far a lecturer can not teach enough for students to have A in his course in recent Yeats, then he is a failure himself, because he has failed to teach them well,so please stop celebrating him. He should be condemned for that
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by sheeda995(f): 11:41am On Jul 06, 2017
free2ryhme:

Missing a class can make u fail is a lie from the pit of hell

No be only be student even those abroad dey do five jobs to see themselves and they didnot fail

And the issue of poverty, a lecturer one time told me to kneel infront of the class I walked out live and direct and I still graduate. It is not about poverty when children behave like children in the university they will be treated like children

But if na to Bleep aristotles and smoke igbo and shisha una dey show una sef.

Make una face una warrant nobody will fight for you and besides when their parents where bribing heaven and earth to get into the university una no complain
you don't know what you are saying, even without missing a class, a lecturer can make one fail, about the poverty ish, that's the truth. But for students to fight for themselves, its not easy, I know a guy that protested, because of that,he was dismissed from the school, another president that proved he's an activist, he hasn't graduate till now since the last 5years he's meant to graduate. Some would be delayed for many years. If you won't fight for students, then kindly don't discourage others who are willing to. I would fight for students with whatever means once I have the power. This human treatment is just too much
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by Josdino(m): 11:41am On Jul 06, 2017
seunlayi:
In this century? We are very backward no wonder our currency is also backward
hw dose it concern nigeria
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by lx3as(m): 11:43am On Jul 06, 2017
Tiny23:
If I was the one he flogged ehn,I will just pretend like I've fainted.

I don't believe it was actually flogging but a kind of play to make students take his class seriously.
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by sheeda995(f): 11:43am On Jul 06, 2017
poseidon12:

Why would you reduce a student's mark because they came late to class? Your score should depend on how you perform in exams, quizzes and home work. Undergrads are adults and should be treated as such.
Thanks sir, attendance has nothing to do with scores, they fail to know the importance and reasons for test and exams
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by free2ryhme: 11:44am On Jul 06, 2017
sheeda995:

you don't know what you are saying, even without missing a class, a lecturer can make one fail, about the poverty ish, that's the truth. But for students to fight for themselves, its not easy, I know a guy that protested, because of that,he was dismissed from the school, another president that proved he's an activist, he hasn't graduate till now since the last 5years he's meant to graduate. Some would be delayed for many years. If you won't fight for students, then kindly don't discourage others who are willing to. I would fight for students with whatever means once I have the power. This human treatment is just too much

Oga you are the one dat don't know what is he saying

If lecturer fails you is because one of you chose to rat against your fellow student. You students are you own worst enemies

When a lecturer ask if he or she is a student na one of una go dey make amebo here and there

Until when u students get to understand all for one and one for all you will nvr know the meaning of that statement

Why can't all of una boycott class like your mates in south Africa did

Oga make una cry una cry.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by sheeda995(f): 11:44am On Jul 06, 2017
EmmanuelCena:

Lol You talk like you haven't passed through a 'Nigerian University'
Clap for yourself! You will fail the course, and courses of those loyal to him! If you see 3rd class, nah by God's grace!
You are right Sir

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by BurningBlade: 11:45am On Jul 06, 2017
sheeda995:

Why should a student come late to class? That is the most stupid question I have heard in ages. But still I will answer you
I am in UI, post graduate, a lecture was scheduled for 8:00, I got to the faculty 5minute before 8:00, but just because there is no venue, we use different places, I first went to check the exercise physiology lab if they were there, because that was where we used the last class, then someone described somewhere, by the time I walked round the faculty I was already 15minutes past 8, so with that I got late to the class. Another day, I got late to class was the faculty declared free lecture day, so we thought lecture is not gonna hold,the lecture was supposed to hold at 8:00, the woman did not come, and me wasn't feeling fine,went back home, later the woman called around 9:15, that lecture would be 9:30,I was already home, my house is far from the school because the school did not give me hostel, I rushed to the class,but still I got there late, 15minutes to 10, and the woman didn't allow me to enter. And for all the two classes that I missed, 5marks deducted from CA.Nigerian universities are nonsense
Madam is it you who celebrate nonsense! Don't you have a course rep or class rep or something like that? Isn't he or she the one who is suppose to update you and look for venue for your classes for you?

You're shown with your sentimental posts that you indeed don't have an aorta of how to do about your daily business. But I'm not surprised because from the nonsense you vomitted, you're among the reason why nigerian universities produce sub standard graduates.

To think you don't even know venues are usually allocated for lectures by department time table officers show you don't even know what you're doing in school in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by sheeda995(f): 11:47am On Jul 06, 2017
ebenholer:

Yea very true they don't do that in Australia but down there students have in-built discipline in them. They are always responsible to their learning.
You are stupid with all respect
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by mechanics(m): 11:49am On Jul 06, 2017
He wants to instil discipline in them, maybe they are perpetual late comers.
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by Gbelexy(m): 11:50am On Jul 06, 2017
I see what I still don't beleive
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by sheeda995(f): 11:51am On Jul 06, 2017
BurningBlade:
Madam is it you who celebrate nonsense! Don't you have a course rep or class rep or something like that? Isn't he or she the one who is suppose to update you and look for venue for your classes for you?

You're shown with your sentimental posts that you indeed don't have an aorta of how to do about your daily business. But I'm not surprised because from the nonsense you vomitted, you're among the reason why nigerian universities produce sub standard graduates.

To think you don't even know venues are usually allocated for lectures by department time table officers show you don't even know what you're doing in school in the first place.
The truth is you talk like a fool,my phone was switched off because there wasn't light, so couldn't call anyone prior the lecture, the rest that I met there called some but they couldn't pick because picking of calls is forbidden in class. See maybe its been years you pass out from universities, Time table is useless, no one follows that, class hold anywhere anytime
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by lx3as(m): 11:52am On Jul 06, 2017
mbhs139:
For me, the Prof was just playing pranks with the students, that's the way I see it.

Exactly! He taught me Discourse Analysis about ten - year ago; though a bit strict, we all enjoyed his class.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by BurningBlade: 11:57am On Jul 06, 2017
sheeda995:

The truth is you talk like a fool, my phone was switched off because there wasn't light, so couldn't call anyone prior the lecture, the rest that I met there called some but they couldn't pick because picking of calls is forbidden in class. See maybe its been years you pass out from universities, Time table is useless, no one follows that, class hold anywhere anytime
LOL. From the emboldened, it is clear you're the one who is a fool. Now whose fault is it your phone was switched off? Whose fault is it you can't communicate with your class mates? Madam, you're a disgrace to everything that is education. You should withdraw from school and take a job as a motor park tout because such a job suits you very well.

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by sheeda995(f): 11:59am On Jul 06, 2017
The problem we have in this country is because of some old people with wicked mentalities. Imagine some people applauding this inhuman, uncivilized act? That shows that some blacks are animals. And for those who are saying its because students these days are children? I don't think they know what they are saying. Please for those who think this act is not human, and its animalistic, kindly help by copying and sharing, let this circulate till everyone knows this stupid lecturer. That's all we can do for now
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by jrusky(m): 12:05pm On Jul 06, 2017
Wwwwwhhhhaaaatttttt Flogging student I mean a university student and I read one fool said that is correct?

Now these are the reason why this boys will be push to the wall and ends up as cultist in nthe campus and return to kill their lecturer this is it. If I hear in the next few day that this foolish Prof is kidnap and killed I won't feel sorry for him at all.

This is ridiculous and embarrassing to the core it make no sense if I happen to have my own private university if any lecturer try this nonsense I will fire him or her and arrest him for breach of contract and he has to pay me back because you are not allow to maltreat any student this way and thereby push them to the wall and want to revenge and on the process turning my school to cult breeding ground in an attempt to discipline bullying lecturer.
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by sheeda995(f): 12:10pm On Jul 06, 2017
BurningBlade:
LOL. From the emboldened, it is clear you're the one who is a fool. Now whose fault is it your phone was switched off? Whose fault is it you can't communicate with your class mates? Madam, you're a disgrace to everything that is education. You should withdraw from school and take a job as a motor park tout because such a job suits you very well.

I can't imagine how stupid you are, so its my fault I wasn't given hostel accommodation, and its my fault that when Ghana is celebrating 10years of uninterrupted power supply, Nigeria cannot celebrate a day uninterrupted power supply. I was only trying to tell you that sometimes, students cannot help coming late to class and that at that particular day, I got to school before the time scheduled for the lecture but your IQ is too low to understand that. Anyone can be late to anywhere, some circumstances could cause it, and not because the student is unserious
don
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by Adeoba10(m): 12:16pm On Jul 06, 2017
@Oweman So using cane on adult wil set them on the right path?

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by MOSICATED5(m): 12:38pm On Jul 06, 2017
And tomorrow some people will still open their mouths to call some private universities advanced secondary sch.
Re: UNILAG Prof. Daramola Flogging Student Who Came Late To His Class Yesterday by BurningBlade: 12:58pm On Jul 06, 2017
sheeda995:

I can't imagine how stupid you are, so its my fault I wasn't given hostel accommodation, and its my fault that when Ghana is celebrating 10years of uninterrupted power supply, Nigeria cannot celebrate a day uninterrupted power supply. I was only trying to tell you that sometimes, students cannot help coming late to class and that at that particular day, I got to school before the time scheduled for the lecture but your IQ is too low to understand that. Anyone can be late to anywhere, some circumstances could cause it, and not because the student is unserious
don
Stop trying to damage your minuscule brain, thinking is harmful to ignorant dolts like you.

Keep giving excuses for being a sub standard student. Even in your post graduate studies, you ooze the stench of everything that is sub standard. I wonder how you reek when you were an undergrad, hoping the stench won't stink like a corpse.

It is your fault Nigeria is where it is because people like you are the ones who spread their puerile ignorance as well as their nonentity all over the country, thus making the country celebrate mediocrity.

The motor park awaits you, tout! tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Some English Words With Nigerian Origin. / Top 10 Worst Degrees With Lowest Potential For Employment In Nigeria Today / Angry Zambian Father Slaps His Son Over Poor Result After Paying $21k As Tuition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.