Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Would Share Your Password With You Spouse - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would Share Your Password With You Spouse (3227 Views)

My True Life Story:Darling, Hoping Someone Who Knows You Would Share This With U / Things You Must Do On Valentines Day With You Spouse / Why I Can't Share My Password With My Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would Share Your Password With You Spouse by Realvoice(m): 2:12pm On Jan 31, 2010
In married relationships, should partners let each other know their passwords (i.e. for Facebook, Emails, Twitter, MySpace, Nairaland, etc) or should privacy be maintained?

I'm for the later (not sharing) and my partner feels otherwise. I know trust issues may come into play but I ultimately believe that there are somethings one has to keep private, even from your spouse.

What are your thought?
Re: Would Share Your Password With You Spouse by googles: 2:21pm On Jan 31, 2010
[size=13pt]as am not married o i dunno if marriage is now an excuse to dish out your password to your spouse,but i think its not right some things should be private. gave an ex of mine my facebook & email passwords to help me attach some files only for him to turn it into an habit of helping me check my mails and notifications and he started complaining about guys dropping inbox msgs for me i had to changed my password cos even after we broke up he was still checking,i dont think its ideal [/size]
Re: Would Share Your Password With You Spouse by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 31, 2010
If you have nothing to hide then why? Yes I would share.
Re: Would Share Your Password With You Spouse by Coolbrainz(m): 2:36pm On Jan 31, 2010
[i][/i][color=#006600][/color] hi ebony,where av u bin?
Re: Would Share Your Password With You Spouse by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 31, 2010
I have been around smiley who might you be? grin
Re: Would Share Your Password With You Spouse by GL(f): 10:12pm On Jan 31, 2010
yes i would share, we should be able to trust each other with such private details. but i dont expect him to start checking up on me all the time cos i won't be checking his email/fb/myspace. if he does that, i might change my passwords and not tell him.

but sometimes for forums like NL, it's not bad to keep your password & ID private because you might make a comment on some marriage issue that would cause problems at home.
Re: Would Share Your Password With You Spouse by NegroNtns(m): 10:26pm On Jan 31, 2010
In married relationships, should partners let each other know their passwords (i.e. for Facebook, Emails, Twitter, MySpace, Nairaland, etc) or should privacy be maintained?

first, I have to say some of the sites you listed are not "marriage friendly", so to speak!

once you are married you are in a sacrificial union and somethings you enjoyed in single life ought to be given up for the emotional security of your spouse. unless of course if the arangement between the two of you have that understanding to cohabit openly and allow inclusion.

now having said that, share my password with her. . .for what?? why?
Re: Would Share Your Password With You Spouse by vivaladiva(f): 10:29pm On Jan 31, 2010
if u gat nothing to hide, not a problem, if u gat somin to hide, bid gigantic problem oooo
Re: Would Share Your Password With You Spouse by 190: 10:30pm On Jan 31, 2010
googles:

[size=13pt]as am not married o i dunno if marriage is now an excuse to dish out your password to your spouse,but i think its not right some things should be private. gave an ex of mine my facebook & email passwords to help me attach some files only for him to turn it into an habit of helping me check my mails and notifications and he started complaining about guys dropping inbox msgs for me i had to changed my password cos even after we broke up he was still checking,i dont think its ideal [/size]

shei be~ that useless guy~
what was his name that time~
ive 4gotten
Re: Would Share Your Password With You Spouse by googles: 11:12pm On Jan 31, 2010
190:

shei be~ that useless guy~
what was his name that time~
ive 4gotten

[size=13pt]you is crazy grin grin grin
[/size]
Re: Would Share Your Password With You Spouse by Kgdavid(m): 2:44am On Feb 01, 2010
Getting married means losing ur right to a lot of freedoms including privacy. You cannot withold your password from your spouse because passwords are designed to enable you withold information and by the definition of marriage you do not have the right to withold information about your personnal life from your spouse.
Re: Would Share Your Password With You Spouse by na2day2(m): 3:37am On Feb 01, 2010
Realvoice:

I'm for the later (not sharing) and my partner feels otherwise. I know trust issues may come into play but I ultimately believe that there are somethings one has to keep private, even from your spouse.

What are your thought?

share ke? i cant fit ooo! especially my NL password, heck no! make yawa no gas grin grin grin grin
Re: Would Share Your Password With You Spouse by sexyLeamon(f): 4:15am On Feb 01, 2010
I will dare not
Re: Would Share Your Password With You Spouse by na2day2(m): 4:27am On Feb 01, 2010
sexyLeamon:

I will dare not

ah! i see sum1 has some secrets grin grin
Re: Would Share Your Password With You Spouse by Pweety4me(f): 4:52am On Feb 01, 2010
It's not necessary is it?
Re: Would Share Your Password With You Spouse by chidyke77(m): 6:50am On Feb 01, 2010
Realvoice:

What are your thought?
it doesn't make sense sharing it wt since it involves those area u mentioned.
Re: Would Share Your Password With You Spouse by sexyLeamon(f): 7:03am On Feb 01, 2010
na2day?:

ah! i see sum1 has some secrets grin grin
everyone have secrets
Re: Would Share Your Password With You Spouse by na2day2(m): 7:10am On Feb 01, 2010
sexyLeamon:

everyone have secrets

true, lets share secrets then, ladies first grin grin grin
Re: Would Share Your Password With You Spouse by chidyke77(m): 7:11am On Feb 01, 2010
sexyLeamon:

everyone has secrets
yes of course,we hv our personal secrets that involves us alone.
Re: Would Share Your Password With You Spouse by na2day2(m): 7:12am On Feb 01, 2010
chidyke77:

do u mind? i am trying to achieve sumtin here angry angry angry angry
Re: Would Share Your Password With You Spouse by sexyLeamon(f): 7:18am On Feb 01, 2010
chidyke77:

thank you very much darling, you get what I mean na2day take note
Re: Would Share Your Password With You Spouse by na2day2(m): 7:24am On Feb 01, 2010
sexyLeamon:

thank you very much darling, you get what I mean na2day take note

sweet heart, i have taken note, all i now ask is for us to trade secrets. u first! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Would Share Your Password With You Spouse by Realvoice(m): 7:44am On Feb 01, 2010
vivaladiva:

if u gat nothing to hide, not a problem, if u gat somin to hide, bid gigantic problem oooo

Quite frankly, I really don't have anything to hide but privacy (both mine and others whom I communicate with online) should be considered.

Imagine if say a friend (male or female regardless) sends me a message about his/her problem expecting only me to read it but my spouse also reads it; wouldn't be a breach of trust?
Re: Would Share Your Password With You Spouse by chidipupay(m): 10:35am On Feb 01, 2010
I will but with some pre-cautions
Re: Would Share Your Password With You Spouse by foyeks2001(f): 10:47am On Feb 01, 2010
i cannot
for what?
Re: Would Share Your Password With You Spouse by henryhemon(m): 12:06pm On Feb 01, 2010
For me its no big deal giving it out,after all she's part of my privacy.
Re: Would Share Your Password With You Spouse by BeautfulB(f): 12:41pm On Feb 01, 2010
^^^ tanx swedy, i can equally give u mine, guess ur wit it
Re: Would Share Your Password With You Spouse by BeautfulB(f): 12:43pm On Feb 01, 2010
@henryhemon tanx swedy, i can equally give u mine, guess ur wit it
Re: Would Share Your Password With You Spouse by BeautfulB(f): 12:45pm On Feb 01, 2010
@henryhemon tanx swedy, i can equally give u mine, guess ur wit it
Re: Would Share Your Password With You Spouse by german007(m): 1:01pm On Feb 01, 2010
cool   cool Yes,  I most certainly will,  She has all my passwords,  Facebook, hotmail, yahoo, mobile phone pin codes, Atm card pin codes, credit card pin codes, Online banking logon details to name a few,  As long as you don't have anything to hide or live a double life,  There should'nt be a problem,   But before I settled down and I was still a playa, Hell no I wouldnt!  lol  cool   cool    cool
Re: Would Share Your Password With You Spouse by Zimex: 2:30pm On Feb 01, 2010
german007:

cool cool Yes, I most certainly will, She has all my passwords, Facebook, hotmail, yahoo, mobile phone pin codes, Atm card pin codes, credit card pin codes, Online banking logon details to name a few, cool cool cool

My husband and i share all these passwords too, there really is no big deal if you don't have anything to hide. I guess it somehow improves the level of trust.
Re: Would Share Your Password With You Spouse by RecentPost: 2:33pm On Feb 01, 2010
german007:

cool   cool Yes,  I most certainly will,  She has all my passwords,  Facebook, hotmail, yahoo, mobile phone pin codes, Atm card pin codes, credit card pin codes, Online banking logon details to name a few,  As long as you don't have anything to hide or live a double life,  There should'nt be a problem,   But before I settled down and I was still a playa, Hell no I wouldnt!  lol  cool   cool    cool
There is no way you can hide your password from your wife or gf only if she doesnt ask or else she will never trust you,my gf has all my details as german007 has stated above but i have a private account,as for Nairaland its automatic so i used to clean my pc with ccleaner before i shut down

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You Buy Her Panties And Another Guy Removes It.... / 10 Weird Things That Happen To Your Body During Sex / Ever Dump Any Of These Nigerian Girls Then You Better Shine Your Eyes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.