Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,917 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Quick Survey - Did You Eventually Marry Your First Love? If No, Why? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Quick Survey - Did You Eventually Marry Your First Love? If No, Why? (624 Views)

"Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? / If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quick Survey - Did You Eventually Marry Your First Love? If No, Why? by pabostt: 1:24pm On Jul 06, 2017
I was discussing with a friend and he pointed me to something i have never thought of before. He was explaining why people don't end up marrying their first love.

Although, i believe that majoriy of people if I don't make a mistake don't end up marrying their first love. If this statement is true what are the reasons why you think people do have issues with their first love?

I believe majority of the users in this section are married and your experience is highly needed.
Re: Quick Survey - Did You Eventually Marry Your First Love? If No, Why? by emakoji(m): 1:29pm On Jul 06, 2017
No, She was not in love in return.
Re: Quick Survey - Did You Eventually Marry Your First Love? If No, Why? by pabostt: 1:35pm On Jul 06, 2017
emakoji:
No, She was not in love in return.

Noted sir...

Reason

1. one-sided love

still counting...
Re: Quick Survey - Did You Eventually Marry Your First Love? If No, Why? by Acidosis(m): 2:05pm On Jul 06, 2017
Those words "first love" do not exist in my dictionary

My "first love" is the person I'm currently dating. Why should I be bothered about those I met in the past, most of whose names I do not remember?

Asking about our "first love" is like asking whether our first kindergarten teachers lectured us in the University. Life is a phase, you're not supposed to end up with a "first love" in the first place.
Re: Quick Survey - Did You Eventually Marry Your First Love? If No, Why? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 06, 2017
Most people don't end up marring their first love 'cause such relationships takes place during our youthful age, and coupling the fact that at such times; immaturity looms. Most don't either know what they want, make irrational decisions or don't know how to keep a relationship going 'cause there's lack of experience, while for those who try to on the long run taste changes which makes them fall out of love.
Re: Quick Survey - Did You Eventually Marry Your First Love? If No, Why? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 06, 2017
Acidosis:

My "first love" is the person I'm currently dating. Why should I be bothered about those I met in the past, most of whose names I do not remember?

Asking about our "first love" is like asking whether our first kindergarten teachers lectured us in the University. Life is a phase, you're not supposed to end up with a "first love" in the first place.

Uncle, naso them plenty reach? shocked

1 Like

Re: Quick Survey - Did You Eventually Marry Your First Love? If No, Why? by Acidosis(m): 2:30pm On Jul 06, 2017
PaperLace:

Uncle, naso them plenty reach? shocked
Lol, just few
Re: Quick Survey - Did You Eventually Marry Your First Love? If No, Why? by pabostt: 3:00pm On Jul 06, 2017
Benita27:
Most people don't end up marring their first love 'cause such relationships takes place during our youthful age, and coupling the fact that at such times; immaturity looms. Most don't either know what they want, make irrational decisions or don't know how to keep a relationship going 'cause there's lack of experience, while for those who try to on the long run taste changes which makes them fall out of love.

I agreed totally with the bolded
Re: Quick Survey - Did You Eventually Marry Your First Love? If No, Why? by pabostt: 3:04pm On Jul 06, 2017
Acidosis:

Lol...We are used to such word in this country.

I know life is in phase but few eventually end up with their "first love". I think there is a reason why they were "lucky" if I am permitted to use such word.
Re: Quick Survey - Did You Eventually Marry Your First Love? If No, Why? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 06, 2017
no, we were really young and grew into our personalities and changed and moved on to newer things that we grew to like. no bad blood between us, we're not friends or in touch.. we just have new better lives and i wouldnt date him now and i'm sure he wouldnt date me either. we're just a lot different than we used to be and that's ok. smiley

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

See 20 Ways Masturbation Can Demolish Your Life And Connections! / Please I Need Help / When Your Parents Are Not Alive To Share In Your Joy..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.