Stats: 3,151,009 members, 7,810,799 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Continuous Rainfall: Lagos State Government Warns Citizens. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Continuous Rainfall: Lagos State Government Warns Citizens. (23594 Views)

2019 Elections: Boko Haram Plans Attack, US Warns Citizens / Stop Disrespecting Buhari, Nigerian Government Warns Media / Kaduna Government Warns Against Circulation Of Inciting Images (2) (3) (4)

Re: Continuous Rainfall: Lagos State Government Warns Citizens. by 0b10010011: 4:45pm On Jul 06, 2017
keyzid:
We do seriously have poor government here in Nigeria. What happen to about 50yrs+ of independence and we haven't mastered proper governance!!! Could this be too hard for the government to construct proper drainage and good canal systems to compensate most of the roads there? chai.... May God assist us in this country. You can't fight nature. They should just put the right thing in the right place and stop embezzling tax payers money!

Hope your write-up applies to a great China that experienced flooding too

Some circumstances re unavoidable when it comes to nature.

Re: Continuous Rainfall: Lagos State Government Warns Citizens. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 06, 2017
hmm
Re: Continuous Rainfall: Lagos State Government Warns Citizens. by bastien: 4:45pm On Jul 06, 2017
Re: Continuous Rainfall: Lagos State Government Warns Citizens. by MaziOmenuko: 4:46pm On Jul 06, 2017
Stay indoors during the rain make dem sack you for work.

But the rains isn't funny though.

Re: Continuous Rainfall: Lagos State Government Warns Citizens. by TheFreeOne: 4:48pm On Jul 06, 2017
Ok.

But when will LASG talk/act on Badoo killings in Ikorodu.

Why the silence

Re: Continuous Rainfall: Lagos State Government Warns Citizens. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 06, 2017
0b10010011:

Hope your write-up applies to a great China that experienced flooding too

Some circumstances re unavoidable when it comes to nature.
agreed. But these govt are so useless that it seems as if they aint doing nothing. This happens every year and i guess it doesnt improve. it gets so bad year after year. Haba!!! No clue at all? Don't they even sit down and draw out beautiful plans to beat some challenging situations at all?

Re: Continuous Rainfall: Lagos State Government Warns Citizens. by AngelicBeing: 4:48pm On Jul 06, 2017
Keneking:
Useless news

Useless government

Failed promises, bad roads, unmotorable routes

Nonsense first term governor displaying his cluelessness on this thread embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Lol � grin cheesy

Re: Continuous Rainfall: Lagos State Government Warns Citizens. by whizzyleejr(m): 4:49pm On Jul 06, 2017
Is to be fore flood
Re: Continuous Rainfall: Lagos State Government Warns Citizens. by whizzyleejr(m): 4:50pm On Jul 06, 2017
Same goes to oyo state especially ibadan
Re: Continuous Rainfall: Lagos State Government Warns Citizens. by jjjjj2017: 4:50pm On Jul 06, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

Imagine LASG advising people to stay indoors during the rain.

Are they want to curb the growing population.

The average rainy weather is the "weather for two"
That's why most pregnancies occur during the rainy season.

My people, times are hard; things are bad, pampers is costly...if you like yourself and you have a woman, better don't stay at home when it is raining.
grin grin grin you be grade A comedian

Re: Continuous Rainfall: Lagos State Government Warns Citizens. by Kx: 4:52pm On Jul 06, 2017
The only thing that comes to mind is VGC.
Re: Continuous Rainfall: Lagos State Government Warns Citizens. by SycophanticGoat: 4:57pm On Jul 06, 2017
edenhazard:
Igbo in Lagos shud stop complaining and return to ala Igbo erosion land cry

Many are mentally incapacitated but only a few of them use the internet. This is a perfect example...

Re: Continuous Rainfall: Lagos State Government Warns Citizens. by ensamy(m): 4:58pm On Jul 06, 2017
Legalize guns so that the people of lagos can protect themselves against the rising wave of crimes in the state.
The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. shocked shocked
Re: Continuous Rainfall: Lagos State Government Warns Citizens. by alanka(f): 4:58pm On Jul 06, 2017
OK! I dey inside dey wait food stuff...

Nonsense, talking as if they will starts distributing free food.

A state where not less than have of her population are feeding under the Inflence of ray should be indoors.

shiiiit
Re: Continuous Rainfall: Lagos State Government Warns Citizens. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 06, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

My people, times are hard; things are bad, pampers is costly...if you like yourself and you have a woman, better don't stay at home when it is raining.
cheesy cheesy
Re: Continuous Rainfall: Lagos State Government Warns Citizens. by fkj950ax(m): 5:00pm On Jul 06, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

If anyone dies due to flooding, we'd criticise the government. Now the government is asking people to be careful, we throwing jabs...

I never heard the state is afraid of larger population. Bring em on. Born the babies. LASG is capable.
Re: Continuous Rainfall: Lagos State Government Warns Citizens. by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 06, 2017
A continuous assault on all our sensibilities..
1: Stay indoors until the flood drowns you
2: Stay outdoors but find your way
3: In the meantime We (LASG) will keep updating you with casualties received so far.

Re: Continuous Rainfall: Lagos State Government Warns Citizens. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 06, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

exactly! and also how can they be saved staying indoors? if any one stays indoors the will drown when the flood level increases. besides how can they earn a living if they are indoors? the person giving this advise is a mor!on!

He is also advising them to leave their houses and move upland like he has Already provided them with brand new houses upland.

people! if you are in this area please do not stay indoors.

Re: Continuous Rainfall: Lagos State Government Warns Citizens. by Matrixuncovered: 5:02pm On Jul 06, 2017
datola:
Na wa o!

“You are implored as much as possible to stay indoors unless it is essential to your safety and livelihood. However we strongly advise those who live in lowland and close to water bodies to move upland”, the statement said.

They should define this in plain language.

Yawa don Gas, Area don soak like garri! Leave House..find solid ground

Is that plain enough for you..?
Re: Continuous Rainfall: Lagos State Government Warns Citizens. by ovavuhassan(m): 5:04pm On Jul 06, 2017
We don hear o
Re: Continuous Rainfall: Lagos State Government Warns Citizens. by ovavuhassan(m): 5:05pm On Jul 06, 2017
ovavuhassan:
We don hear o
Matrixuncovered:

Yawa don Gas, Area don soak like garri! Leave House..find solid ground

Is that plain enough for you..?
ovavuhassan:
We don hear o
OK.
Re: Continuous Rainfall: Lagos State Government Warns Citizens. by sunnedee2: 5:06pm On Jul 06, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

I used to think all your comments are out of track but this one na "true talk"

Re: Continuous Rainfall: Lagos State Government Warns Citizens. by GuntersChain(m): 5:08pm On Jul 06, 2017
they said those who live in lowland to move upland because of there lives and properties, they should relocate to were or accomodation in lasgidi now comes cheap. i am not understanding
Re: Continuous Rainfall: Lagos State Government Warns Citizens. by GuntersChain(m): 5:09pm On Jul 06, 2017
Hope no be evans house as i see magodo?

skili:
A luxurious mansion for sale at magodo phase 1,here are its features: An automated gate,suspended visitor's waiting room,suspended games arena for table tennis,billiard,snooker,fish ponds and water fountains surrounds d house,crocodile's pit,censored gate access to the underground,underground car parking garage for 8cars,underground gym,male and female changing rooms and sauna bathroom,2room boys Quarters,toilet,bathroom ensuite and kitchen,2 visitor's room ensuite also,3 living rooms with Bars,5bedroom ensuite on the 1st Floor,suspended swimming pool and bar with changing room,Penthouse,archive and study,66stairs tunnel which has a bedroom,living room,kitchen,bathroom and toilet,outdoor roof level sitting arena and Bar on the Rooftop,helicopter parking lot, and where u can see all extended parts of lagos. Tittle: C of O
You can contact me : 08143046561,07019786584,for enquiry and inspection..pls serious buyer only..
Re: Continuous Rainfall: Lagos State Government Warns Citizens. by chronique(m): 5:10pm On Jul 06, 2017
This weather is weather for 25. I'm currently clad in shirt, sweater, jeans, socks and a blanket and still fucking cold.
Re: Continuous Rainfall: Lagos State Government Warns Citizens. by Aragon: 5:15pm On Jul 06, 2017
keyzid:
We do seriously have poor government here in Nigeria. What happen to about 50yrs+ of independence and we haven't mastered proper governance!!! Could this be too hard for the government to construct proper drainage and good canal systems to compensate most of the roads there? chai.... May God assist us in this country. You can't fight nature. They should just put the right thing in the right place and stop embezzling tax payers money!

We shouldn't Complain just about everything! While you made some points, the government is also doing it's duty by putting out this warning. No matter how prepared Man cant Fight against Nature. This same type of Warning was put out Yesterday in Japan and with all their technology they still cant Fight the Devastation caused by Rainfall yearly. It happens yearly in the United States. I reside in Europe and it happens here sometimes. Finally people should stop using Drainage systems as Dustbin where they put their garbage. Right from when I was growing up in Nigeria people clog up Drainage systems with Garbage, and when I visited Nigeria last year, same thing is still happening. All the gutters clogged up and turned into Garbage dump. Well who is going to suffer it at the long run, Government officials? Nope same people that are complaining

Re: Continuous Rainfall: Lagos State Government Warns Citizens. by uruego(f): 5:16pm On Jul 06, 2017
edenhazard:
Igbo in Lagos shud stop complaining and return to ala Igbo erosion land cry
see ur name "Eden" grin
Re: Continuous Rainfall: Lagos State Government Warns Citizens. by toseen7: 5:18pm On Jul 06, 2017
nwakibie3:
They should declare one month public holiday naa grin
Abi ooo grin
Re: Continuous Rainfall: Lagos State Government Warns Citizens. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 06, 2017
GuntersChain:
Hope no be evans house as i see magodo?

Gbam,,,,grin

It's no big deal,,,customers are always right
Re: Continuous Rainfall: Lagos State Government Warns Citizens. by toseen7: 5:23pm On Jul 06, 2017
The rain too much for here jor, make e dey rain for my S.M.V state, person wey like cold weather lol lipsrsealed cool tongue

Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops / Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government / Pictures of Atiku groups, supporters decamping to People's Trust in Bayelsa