Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,176 members, 7,811,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

Is The Bible Silent On Global Warming - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Bible Silent On Global Warming (1136 Views)

Why Is The POPE Silent On This Gay Marriage Craziness / Do Christians Believe In Global Warming/climate Change? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Bible Silent On Global Warming by unitee(f): 7:54pm On Jan 31, 2010
We all know most if not all issues that we see and experience today were dealt with in the Bible. I have been reading trying to understand God's message on global warming and climate change. I seem not to get it. Does anyone have the literature? thanx
Re: Is The Bible Silent On Global Warming by skyone(m): 8:24pm On Jan 31, 2010
Re: Is The Bible Silent On Global Warming by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 01, 2010
no comments from christians
Re: Is The Bible Silent On Global Warming by TrueSeeker(m): 4:06pm On Feb 01, 2010
Bible did say that there will be a time that people will be destroying the earth in the last days, which correspond with global warming. "But the nations became wrathful, and your own wrath came, and the appointed time for the dead to be judged, and to give [their] reward to your slaves the prophets and to the holy ones and to those fearing your name, the small and the great, and to bring to ruin those ruining the earth" - Revelation 11:18
Re: Is The Bible Silent On Global Warming by viaro: 5:02pm On Feb 01, 2010
uplawal:

no comments from christians

Do you mind sharing what the quran teaches you about global warming?
Re: Is The Bible Silent On Global Warming by mazaje(m): 6:35pm On Feb 01, 2010
unitee:

We all know most if not all issues that we see and experience today were dealt with in the Bible. I have been reading trying to understand God's message on global warming and climate change. I seem not to get it. Does anyone have the literature? thanx

What was the bible's position on moon landing?. . . .Discovery of elements, computers, evolution?. . .Discovery of other planets, other solar systems,Drugs that cure diseases, Scientific methods etc?
Re: Is The Bible Silent On Global Warming by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 01, 2010
@viaro,pls this is not QURAN issue, but the bible
Re: Is The Bible Silent On Global Warming by viaro: 9:02pm On Feb 01, 2010
uplawal:

@viaro,pls this is not QURAN issue, but the bible

So what are you doing here?
Re: Is The Bible Silent On Global Warming by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 01, 2010
ask me again
Re: Is The Bible Silent On Global Warming by saharachic(f): 9:10pm On Feb 01, 2010
viaro:

So what are you doing here?

she seems confused

uplawal:

ask me again
Re: Is The Bible Silent On Global Warming by viaro: 9:28pm On Feb 01, 2010
saharachic:

she seems confused

She's always been! cheesy
Re: Is The Bible Silent On Global Warming by saraj(f): 10:44pm On Feb 01, 2010
The bible is silent on global warming because
''global warming'' does not exist. Its just another
lie invented by the new world order facsists to
create new taxes etc. and to gain more control
on the common man.
Thats my theory anyway.
Re: Is The Bible Silent On Global Warming by manmustwac(m): 1:26am On Feb 02, 2010
sara j:

The bible is silent on global warming because
''global warming'' does not exist. Its just another
lie invented by the new world order facsists to
create new taxes etc. and to gain more control
on the common man.
Thats my theory anyway.
are you serious?
Re: Is The Bible Silent On Global Warming by mamagee3(f): 1:27am On Feb 02, 2010
What's the connection between the bible and global warming?
Re: Is The Bible Silent On Global Warming by Nobody: 9:15am On Feb 02, 2010
@sahara and viaro,see confused souls calling uplawal confused, did your empty bible tell u the earth is still going to be folded up backed up scientifically? but my Quran says and many more,not replying to ur question dnt mean am as blind as you people
Re: Is The Bible Silent On Global Warming by viaro: 9:19am On Feb 02, 2010
uplawal:

@sahara and viaro,see confused souls calling uplawal confused, did your empty bible tell u the earth is still going to be folded up backed up scientifically? but my Quran says and many more,not replying to your question dnt mean am as blind as you people

Ain't you even more confused? grin Is this thread about the earth folding up? I also hear that your quran speaks about seven earths, no? Where is the science for that? Who has found out scientifically how Muhammad slapped an angel to blindness in one eye? Yes, your quran has "many more" to say about confused and bemused Muslims missing their way into other people's threads than we can read in newspapers.
Re: Is The Bible Silent On Global Warming by unitee(f): 1:26pm On Feb 02, 2010
mama-gee:

What's the connection between the bible and global warming?

whats the connection between anything you can think of with the bible.

back to topic
I believe the bible should give solutions to earthly problems, God gave human beings dominion over the earth but then is it an ommission that he never mentioned what to do to preserve the earth, or maybe the dominion given was too open left to men's will so much that men have destroyed without a second thot.

or could it be that the global warming is the beginning of hell fire which is to consume the earth according to other doctrines

(1) (Reply)

Bible Doesn't Say Jesus Was Crucified, Scholar Claims / Benin Residents Besiege Church Over Appearance Of Jesus / do you think the lord is racist against disabled people ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.