Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,658 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1071) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2102885 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1068) (1069) (1070) (1071) (1072) (1073) (1074) ... (1717) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by stevebond007(m): 4:26pm On Oct 28, 2021
Solar guys, I like to know if someone could make a 5.0KVA system but with lesser, more powerful number of solar panels?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by generalstingz(m): 5:15pm On Oct 28, 2021
chris81964:

Where are you located?
Abeokuta
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 9:12pm On Oct 28, 2021
Yes, by over sizing the panels by 150-160% of the max. PV input wattage

stevebond007:
Solar guys, I like to know if someone could make a 5.0KVA system but with lesser, more powerful number of solar panels?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by numericalguy(m): 3:53am On Oct 29, 2021
Good morning inverter gurus in the house,

One of my 2v 600ah Shoto batteries has given up and I am hoping to buy just one single unit from someone. My fear is how to prevent him from selling me a dead or revived battery.

Pls how can I test it to be sure the single battery I'm buying is still alive.

1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by stevebond007(m): 8:23am On Oct 29, 2021
olopan:
Yes, by over sizing the panels by 150-160% of the max. PV input wattage

So how many panels required now? 2 or 3
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ewizard1: 9:34am On Oct 29, 2021
800/1600 PSW inverter (No charger) still available. All round protection feature.

(No inbuilt charger)

N50,000

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by en0uwem: 12:27pm On Oct 29, 2021
samnaija:

Do you have any idea how they installed your panels. If 3 or 4 in series. Then also provide the max voltage ratings on the back of the of the solar panels.
3s4p. I'll try to find the max voltage.

Update:

1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by en0uwem: 12:29pm On Oct 29, 2021
I wish I know any competent installer in Benin City. I've wasted so much money
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by en0uwem: 12:42pm On Oct 29, 2021
For reference and a refresher, this is the diagram I drew after looking at how the installer installed the system.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by en0uwem: 12:50pm On Oct 29, 2021
Update as at today: After numerous complaints, the installer decided that we should disconnect one of the battery from the system. That we should use and charge only one battery to observe how quickly it will take the battery to charge now that we're only using one battery.

The single battery seems to charge better than before now. Tho I don't know if the charging is efficient as I don't have any past better experience to compare it to.

However, for the remaining battery, we decided to setup another panel and mppt for it. The view was that one battery will charge without usage, while the other charge with usage. And then when one battery gets full, we switch to that one and allow the other to charge - sort of like a knife switch change (according to what the installer explained).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by en0uwem: 12:52pm On Oct 29, 2021
So I asked the installer for the price list for setting it up, and I got this:

12pcs 350watts 75k -900k
12pcs rack 6k -72k
80A MPPT 130k
30pcs Couples -36k
Pv combiners-100k
Pv connector-30k
Pv wire -100k
Installation 100k
Total______1.58M

I'm so angry right now because I've wasted too much money and I don't see myself giving him another money to do this other trial and error system.

So please, can someone recommend a better installer for me in Benin City?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dishtech(m): 1:12pm On Oct 29, 2021
en0uwem:

4 in series. I'll try to find the max voltage.

Update:
from your charge controller 150volt /43.80volt =3.4 therefore the panel should be connected 3s4p
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dishtech(m): 1:18pm On Oct 29, 2021
en0uwem:
I wish I know any competent installer in Benin City. I've wasted so much money
WhatsApp me on 080six7six52639
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by en0uwem: 1:28pm On Oct 29, 2021
Dishtech:
from your charge controller 150volt /43.80volt =3.4 therefore the panel should be connected 3s4p
We changed to Felicity Solar 100A MPPT Charge Controller 12v/24v/48v.

The Victron was borrowed that time for testing purposes.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by en0uwem: 1:28pm On Oct 29, 2021
Dishtech:
WhatsApp me on 080six7six52639

Okay. Thank you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dishtech(m): 1:29pm On Oct 29, 2021
en0uwem:

We changed to Felicity Solar 100A MPPT Charge Controller 12v/24v/48v.

The Victron was borrowed that time for testing purposes.
what is the maximum input voltage of the felicity
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 1:30pm On Oct 29, 2021
en0uwem:

4 in series. I'll try to find the max voltage.

Update:

Your charge controller should take 3panels in series and not 4.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by en0uwem: 1:35pm On Oct 29, 2021
Dishtech:
what is the maximum input voltage of the felicity
From felicity website:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 1:36pm On Oct 29, 2021
Your victron charge controller is showing 150v max input., Like he said above get the max input voltage for the Felicity charge controller.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 1:38pm On Oct 29, 2021
en0uwem:

From felicity website:

Your Felicity can carry 4 in series
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by en0uwem: 1:40pm On Oct 29, 2021
Dishtech:
I'm sorry the mistake is from me.

It's actually 3 series, 4 parallel - 3s4p.

I'll correct the error now
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 1:59pm On Oct 29, 2021
en0uwem:
So I asked the installer for the price list for setting it up, and I got this:

12pcs 350watts 75k -900k
12pcs rack 6k -72k
80A MPPT 130k
30pcs Couples -36k
Pv combiners-100k
Pv connector-30k
Pv wire -100k
Installation 100k
Total______1.58M

I'm so angry right now because I've wasted too much money and I don't see myself giving him another money to do this other trial and error system.

So please, can someone recommend a better installer for me in Benin City?
i thought mr earthrealm recommended someone to u before, or contact @kadorzy www.nairaland.com/kadorzy for professional advise/install. he is closer to benin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by en0uwem: 2:10pm On Oct 29, 2021
Valto:
i thought mr earthrealm recommended someone to u before, or contact @kadorzy www.nairaland.com/kadorzy for professional advise/install. he is closer to benin
Yeah, the person didn't come - Communication problem.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 2:52pm On Oct 29, 2021
en0uwem:

Yeah, the person didn't come - Communication problem.

This is untrue.
The person came. As agreed, but was unable to reach you on phone again, as u werent picking ur call...you now called him back when he had already left your area......he agreed with you that he would be back in about 30mins time..

He came back yet again. , and you were still not picking your calls again...he had to leave, without seeing you/your setup....

This is just to set the records straight.

12 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by en0uwem: 2:58pm On Oct 29, 2021
earthrealm:

This is untrue.
The person came. As agreed, but was unable to reach you on phone again, as u werent picking ur call...you now called him back when he had already left your area......he agreed with you that he would be back in about 30mins time..

He came back yet again. , and you were still not picking your calls again...he had to leave, without seeing you/your setup....

This is just to set the records straight.

It's the truth. I said communication problem.

The communication problem mostly stem from the fact that he decided to call on WhatsApp and not using normal phone call, hence I didn't see his calls since I wasn't online.

I'll post how the events unfold by memory below:
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by en0uwem: 3:07pm On Oct 29, 2021
When I missed his first whatsapp called and told him on WhatsApp, I made a normal phone call to explain it to him and also gave him the direction to my location. 8-10 minutes after this, it started raining heavily in Benin till 6pm - 3-6pm heavy rainfall.

The only thing that was on my mind was that he's not coming again because of the rain and that it could be the reason why he hasn't called me.

I never knew he called he called on WhatsApp.

Also, till this day I keep wondering why he didn't call me or send a text when I didn't see or pick the WhatsApp call, and why he has refused to reply my messages on WhatsApp or pick my phone calls. I reserve my judgements but in the back of my head, I keep having this impression that says "that's not the way a business man should behave".

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 3:14pm On Oct 29, 2021
en0uwem:
When I missed his first whatsapp called and told him on WhatsApp, I made a normal phone call to explain it to him and also gave him the direction to my location. 8-10 minutes after this, it started raining heavily in Benin till 6pm - 3-6pm heavy rainfall.

The only thing that was on my mind was that he's not coming again because of the rain and that it could be the reason why he hasn't called me.

I never knew he called he called on WhatsApp.

Also, till this day I keep wondering why he didn't call me or send a text when I didn't see or pick the WhatsApp call, and why he has refused to reply my messages on WhatsApp or pick my phone calls. I reserve my judgements but in the back of my head, I keep having this impression that says "that's not the way a business man should behave".

Oh, therein lies your confusion.
I told you from the get go..he is just a very knowledgeable diy person, not someone who does solar installation for a living.....hence he was rendering that service pro bono/free of charge...

2ndly, your naration is a bit different from how he narated his side of the matter.
Whatsapp calls write ---RINGING-- and it rings out.
If it writes ---CALLING-- then its not ringing out, network issues.

Anyway, its all bygones now.
Just wanted to set the record straight.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 3:16pm On Oct 29, 2021
@en0uwem I thought this matter is rested with @earthrealm recommendation.
1. Get another installer on ground to review ur present installation.
2. Don't be in a hurry to spend except 1 is done.
3. I saw d pic of ur installation and u said u hv change the CC to Felicity. As for me, it is the inverter you would have changed to hybrid with high voc. Growatts etc and have ur rest. Don't be taken for a joy ride.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 3:24pm On Oct 29, 2021
@en0uwem I thought this matter is rested with @earthrealm recommendation.
1. Get another installer on ground to review ur present installation.
2. Don't be in a hurry to spend except 1 is done.
3. I saw d pic of ur installation and u said u hv change the CC to Felicity. As for me, it is the inverter you would have changed to hybrid with high voc. Growatts etc and have ur rest. Don't be taken for a joy ride.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 3:26pm On Oct 29, 2021
en0uwem:

It's the truth. I said communication problem.

The communication problem mostly stem from the fact that he decided to call on WhatsApp and not using normal phone call, hence I didn't see his calls since I wasn't online.

I'll post how the events unfold by memory below:

Reach out to me for proper audit and sizing. We can also help you with the installations as we have done numerous projects in Benin.

Call/chat - 08117398294
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 3:27pm On Oct 29, 2021
numericalguy:
Good morning inverter gurus in the house,

One of my 2v 600ah Shoto batteries has given up and I am hoping to buy just one single unit from someone. My fear is how to prevent him from selling me a dead or revived battery.

Pls how can I test it to be sure the single battery I'm buying is still alive.

Wud have suggested a battery load tester, but most i know work only on 6v and 12v battery.
Maybe the house can confirm if they hv seen a 2v load tester before.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1068) (1069) (1070) (1071) (1072) (1073) (1074) ... (1717) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Hero2t, mctfopt and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.