Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1072) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2103913 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1069) (1070) (1071) (1072) (1073) (1074) (1075) ... (1717) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by en0uwem: 3:31pm On Oct 29, 2021
idsolar:
@en0uwem I thought this matter is rested with @earthrealm recommendation.
1. Get another installer on ground to review ur present installation.
2. Don't be in a hurry to spend except 1 is done.
3. I saw d pic of ur installation and u said u hv change the CC to Felicity. As for me, it is the inverter you would have changed to hybrid with high voc. Growatts etc and have ur rest. Don't be taken for a joy ride.

Okay, thank you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 3:35pm On Oct 29, 2021
en0uwem:
For reference and a refresher, this is the diagram I drew after looking at how the installer installed the system.

Confirm the max instantenous harvest you have seen. To get accurate result. Put on your heavy loads on a sunny day and look at the cc screen.
You shud be seeing above 3kw since you say you hv 12 pieces of 350w panels.

2ndly at the end of the day..check your daily harvest in kwh....it shud be upto 10kwh on average.

Your challenge is either of the following.

1. Poor solar harvest...from wrong config or cables

2. Faulty battery. Your felicity lithuim battery packs may hv developed a problem.

3. The idle consumptiin of that your inverter is quite high..about 200w to 250w....so just for being on it consumes about half of your solar harvest/ half of one lithium battery pack
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by en0uwem: 4:53pm On Oct 29, 2021
earthrealm:

Confirm the max instantenous harvest you have seen. To get accurate result. Put on your heavy loads on a sunny day and look at the cc screen.
You shud be seeing above 3kw since you say you hv 12 pieces of 350w panels.

2ndly at the end of the day..check your daily harvest in kwh....it shud be upto 10kwh on average.

Your challenge is either of the following.

1. Poor solar harvest...from wrong config or cables

2. Faulty battery. Your felicity lithuim battery packs may hv developed a problem.

3. The idle consumptiin of that your inverter is quite high..about 200w to 250w....so just for being on it consumes about half of your solar harvest/ half of one lithium battery pack

Please can you explain this number 3 well for me?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 5:14pm On Oct 29, 2021
en0uwem:

Please can you explain this number 3 well for me?

A normal old style inverter with transformer consumes alot of energy just by being on, cos of the resistance of the transformer. My old 4kva mustpower invertee gulped 130w..just for being on..with zero load connected. A 6kva inverter has been said to consume about 300w...just by being on. A 10kva might be upto 450w

If you have a clamp meter, you can confirm this by measuring the currect on the batt positive terminal feeding the inverter.ensure u unplug all the loads.u wud be suprised to see a reading of 6 to 8amps...

A hybrid inverter uses mosfets and small transformers..so ultra low idle consumption. Btw 10 and 50w for most models.
My 4kva hybrid has about 40w idle consumption

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by en0uwem: 6:00pm On Oct 29, 2021
earthrealm:

A normal old style inverter with transformer consumes alot of energy just by being on, cos of the resistance of the transformer. My old 4kva mustpower invertee gulped 130w..just for being on..with zero load connected. A 6kva inverter has been said to consume about 300w...just by being on. A 10kva might be upto 450w

If you have a clamp meter, you can confirm this by measuring the currect on the batt positive terminal feeding the inverter.ensure u unplug all the loads.u wud be suprised to see a reading of 6 to 8amps...

A hybrid inverter uses mosfets and small transformers..so ultra low idle consumption. Btw 10 and 50w for most models.
My 4kva hybrid has about 40w idle consumption
Please does this also happen while the inverter is turned off?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by numericalguy(m): 8:22pm On Oct 29, 2021
earthrealm:

Wud have suggested a battery load tester, but most i know work only on 6v and 12v battery.
Maybe the house can confirm if they hv seen a 2v load tester before.

I also felt the load tester would be good for it considering its just a single 2v
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 9:00pm On Oct 29, 2021
This would be a pretty hard task, you can handle the purchase professionally With agreed terms of return if the battery fails and test under extreme conditions under usage when installed to be sure it is still ok

numericalguy:

Pls how can I test it to be sure the single battery I'm buying is still alive.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 12:19am On Oct 30, 2021
What configuration do you have presently and how many panels

stevebond007:

So how many panels required now? 2 or 3
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 12:22am On Oct 30, 2021
@en0uwem

Sorry you still going through the hassle of your installation, though thought it was all solved with a recommendation you got earlier from a member here.

Here are some possible problems causing your system to not perform as expected.

1. Your panels - a recent run into your panel series bought by a client & from our field test it is shown to produce 77% at peak for short intervals of high sun intensity and operates averagely between 45%-55% or lower in normal to poor solar irradiance

Also your panels could have been placed at a wrong angle and unfavorable angle or they are placed that They don't harvest the sun well due to how the sun pass over them

2. Energy storage & energy going into it - From aforementioned, panel performance let's say your 4.2kWp operates @60% I.e. 2.52KWp for 4 sun hours equal 10KWh
From control test of your 7.5KWh felicity battery, tested by members here your 150Ah is (120Ah@48V) x 2 pieces = 11.5KWh of energy storage but because you run day time loads, assuming Let's say from 8am - 5pm equals to 4KWh of energy usage

Generated energy - energy used = remaining energy in storage

10KWh - 4KWh = 6KWh

Remaining energy / storage capacity = 6KWh / 11.5KWh

You have 52% of energy left in battery by sundown, from your previous posts you are mostly left with three bars of battery

3. Inverter - While kartel is a good product its transformer based build makes it a power hugger, draining your battery even when on idle power and even more to feed its internal components when running other loads as said by a member in previous posts, if you can try using a transformerless inverter like Growatt, Deye, Axpert with a year to two year warranty you can monitor in real time your energy usage and consumption keeping you ahead of the curve

Conclusion
You will need to spend a little more to upgrade and perfect your system with the right equipment and you should have rest from there on.

I can help you have a look at your installation remotely via DUO or Whatsapp, just get some basic handy tools like screw driver, a clear camera and a good network

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sethtsadopp: 1:23am On Oct 30, 2021
Hello.
Is there any professional solar installer (preferably in Abuja) who can do both the assembly of LiFePO4 cells already imported and installation on the site. Total of about 70 Kwh bank.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eddyline(m): 3:08am On Oct 30, 2021
justcallmenuel:
3kva 48v Growatt hybrid inverter available, #300,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461
Does it come in 3kva 24v? If yes, what's the cost?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by yosmen: 3:41am On Oct 30, 2021
yosmen:
fangpusun 50a 12v/24v mppt charge control with display

call or WhatsApp : 0703 zero 4836 5 zero

Available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 6:25am On Oct 30, 2021
sethtsadopp:
Hello.
Is there any professional solar installer (preferably in Abuja) who can do both the assembly of LiFePO4 cells already imported and installation on the site. Total of about 70 Kwh bank.
Hello, will be coming to Abuja for an installation tomorrow, maybe we can link up
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by en0uwem: 8:13am On Oct 30, 2021
olopan:
@en0uwem

Sorry you still going through the hassle of your installation, though thought it was all solved with a recommendation you got earlier from a member here.

Here are some possible problems causing your system to not perform as expected.

1. Your panels - a recent run into your panel series bought by a client & from our field test it is shown to produce 77% at peak for short intervals of high sun intensity and operates averagely between 45%-55% or lower in normal to poor solar irradiance

Also your panels could have been placed at a wrong angle and unfavorable angle or they are placed that They don't harvest the sun well due to how the sun pass over them

2. Energy storage & energy going into it - From aforementioned, panel performance let's say your 4.2kWp operates @60% I.e. 2.52KWp for 4 sun hours equal 10KWh
From control test of your 7.5KWh felicity battery, tested by members here your 150Ah is (120Ah@48V) x 2 pieces = 11.5KWh of energy storage but because you run day time loads, assuming Let's say from 8am - 5pm equals to 4KWh of energy usage

Generated energy - energy used = remaining energy in storage

10KWh - 4KWh = 6KWh

Remaining energy / storage capacity = 6KWh / 11.5KWh

You have 52% of energy left in battery by sundown, from your previous posts you are mostly left with three bars of battery

3. Inverter - While kartel is a good product its transformer based build makes it a power hugger, draining your battery even when on idle power and even more to feed its internal components when running other loads as said by a member in previous posts, if you can try using a transformerless inverter like Growatt, Deye, Axpert with a year to two year warranty you can monitor in real time your energy usage and consumption keeping you ahead of the curve

Conclusion
You will need to spend a little more to upgrade and perfect your system with the right equipment and you should have rest from there on.

I can help you have a look at your installation remotely via DUO or Whatsapp, just get some basic handy tools like screw driver, a clear camera and a good network
Thank you for everything.

I have sent you a message. Please check your mail
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by numericalguy(m): 7:37pm On Oct 30, 2021
Good evening inverter gurus in the house,

I have a string of 12 pieces of 2v/600ah Shoto batteries. One has gone bad and I am hoping to buy just one single unit as replacement.

I came across someone that says he is willing to sell a single 2v/600 Narada battery. My question is that can I mix the two brands of batteries

I think both Shoto and Narada are Lead Acid AGM

cc;
earthrealm
olopan

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chuxmgc: 10:10pm On Oct 30, 2021
ewizard1:
800/1600 PSW inverter (No charger) still available. All round protection feature.

(No inbuilt charger)

N50,000
Do you have 1000w with charger
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 2:23am On Oct 31, 2021
sold
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 2:31am On Oct 31, 2021
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 7:06am On Oct 31, 2021
numericalguy:
Good evening inverter gurus in the house,

I have a string of 12 pieces of 2v/600ah Shoto batteries. One has gone bad and I am hoping to buy just one single unit as replacement.

I came across someone that says he is willing to sell a single 2v/600 Narada battery. My question is that can I mix the two brands of batteries

I think both Shoto and Narada are Lead Acid AGM

cc;
earthrealm
olopan

As it is..you dont have a choice.
Mixing old and new batts...you are simply postponing the evil day...after 6 to 12months...i bet another cell/battery will fail. And the cycle repeats......
Start prepping your mind for a complete overhaul of your bank. Take this first failure as an early warning...

Now back to ur question, try n match the float and bulk voltage specs on the batteries, thats the best you can do for now.

Go lithium when this bank fails.lithium you can pop in a new 3.2v cell easy peasy..zero issues

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dishtech(m): 8:03am On Oct 31, 2021
sethtsadopp:
Hello.
Am in Abuja! 09155seven09155.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ewizard1: 10:57am On Oct 31, 2021
chuxmgc:

Do you have 1000w with charger
No
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 11:22am On Oct 31, 2021
earthrealm:

Mixing old and new batts...you are simply postponing the evil day...after 6 to 12months...i bet another cell/battery will fail. And the cycle repeats......
Start prepping your mind for a complete overhaul of your bank. Take this first failure as an early warning...

Now back to ur question, try n match the float and bulk voltage specs on the batteries, thats the best you can do for now.

Go lithium when this bank fails.lithium you can pop in a new 3.2v cell easy peasy..zero issues

The real deal
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 11:48am On Oct 31, 2021
mctfopt:

Here is the link for the portable oscilloscope and here is the link for the transformerless pure sinewave inverter.

Bought the oscilloscope in 2015 for $70 grin

Hello boss,

Any idea whether this inverter has a charging functionality? If yes, how many amps?

I have gone through the link again, but I can't seem to find any information about it.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 11:52am On Oct 31, 2021
odimbannamdi:

Hello boss,

Any idea whether this inverter has a charging functionality? If yes, how many amps?

I have gone through the link again, but I can't seem to find any information about it.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks

No, it doesn't have charging functionality.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by numericalguy(m): 1:48pm On Oct 31, 2021
earthrealm:

Thanks so much for your reply.

Please how do I match the float and bulk voltage spec of the batteries. Will I be using a load balancer for that?

Also, when I go lithium (I'm seriously considering that) will I need to change my inverter too? Someone once told me that lithium battery inverters are different from lead acid AGM inverters. I currently use Luminous 24v/1.5kva Inverter.

Thanks

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 2:08pm On Oct 31, 2021
J
mctfopt:

No, it doesn't have charging functionality.

Alright. Thanks sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda(m): 2:18pm On Oct 31, 2021
numericalguy:

Thanks so much for your reply.

Please how do I match the float and bulk voltage spec of the batteries. Will I be using a load balancer for that?

Also, when I go lithium (I'm seriously considering that) will I need to change my inverter too? Someone once told me that lithium battery inverters are different from lead acid AGM inverters. I currently use Luminous 24v/1.5kva Inverter.

Thanks

Best you change the inverter.This inverter charges AGM to float at 13.6v while LIFEPO4 charges fully at 14.6v. By the way, how come this inverter has not collapsed with the capacity of batteries you are using.It means the inverter will be working almost 24hoyrs to charge 12 of those 2v batteries!!!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 2:20pm On Oct 31, 2021
en0uwem:

Please does this also happen while the inverter is turned off?

Yes.
One last shot.confirm the configuration of your panels...many so called installers wrongly tey to match panels to battery...so u see them doing a 2s config on a 48v setup...so there is now not much potential difference to charge the batt properly.

Confirm the incoming voltage, its there on the cc together with the other stuff, you have been asked to confirm earlier
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:44am On Nov 01, 2021
Axpert 3.5kva 50amps pwm hybrid inverter 150k( out of stock )
1.5kva index inverter PSW - 85k
3.5kva index inverter PSW - 210k
5kva smk 48v 80amps mppt hybrid inverter - 350k
5kva sorotec revo vmii 100a - 275k (out of stock
3kva 24v smk 80a mppt hybrid inverter- 230k
3kva smk hybrid 100a - 205k
Avr/current limiter 60a - 9k
3 in 1 avr/current limiter with kwh display - 15k
DC SPD 600v - 11k
Ac spd - 7.5k
Ac spd 3 phase - 15k
Watt meter - 8k
Programmable timer 15a UK pkug - 8.5k
Programmable timer 25a - 10k
DC breaker single pole - 2.5k
DC breakers double pole 63a - 6.5k
DC breaker double pole 100a - 9k
Ha02 battery balancer - 29k
30a souer smart battery charger 12v - 24k
Automatic transfer switch (ATS) 100a - 21k
Automatic transfer switch (ATS) 63a - 26k
40a mppt lumiax Bluetooth controller - 65k
Fangpusun 50amps mppt controller - 65k
60amps lumiax Bluetooth mppt controller - 115k (out of stock)
60amps powermr mppt - 68k
Quanta 200ah original - 160k
Index Exide 200ah AGM Battery - 155k ( out of stock)
Wifi Smart socket - 8k
DM for other items.

Call/chat - 08117398294

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sensisosu: 10:35am On Nov 01, 2021
I need a battery balancer for 48v 8 batteries
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 10:42am On Nov 01, 2021
ojeysky:
Anyone with a good 24v or 48v used inverter should quote me with pics and price.... asking for a friend so don't quote me if it's an inverter with an issue

What capacity?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1069) (1070) (1071) (1072) (1073) (1074) (1075) ... (1717) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: sharks776(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.