Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2061557 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1139) (1140) (1141) (1142) (1143) (1144) (1145) ... (1693) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotech: 6:07pm On Mar 19, 2022
bbally:

Based on types, we have stand alone inverter or hybrid inverter type.
based on wave form, we have modified sine wave or pure sine wave.
inverter can come in either types with modified or pure sine wave but sine wave is always better.
the stand alone type can not work with solar panels without you buying a charge controller as a support but hybrid can work with solar panels directly (i.e inverter and solar charger in one unit). as for me I prefer stand alone because both the inverter and solar charger will probably not have fault at the same time.
my Kobo sense but expert will give more details.
Thank you sir, I really appreciate I still have questions to ask, in terms of battery which one is the best because there's a lot of batteries and I don't want to fall on wrong one. The one you know is the best
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by aroseyi(m): 6:56pm On Mar 19, 2022
myhd iptv code

e vision iptv code

xtream iptv account

forever iks plus Apollo IPTV recharge

Dstv now account for all Android device

yayi recharge

Occam for all European satellite

all available if u need chat me on WhatsApp 08062272279
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Chuk77: 4:54am On Mar 20, 2022
Gurus in the house, I have a 850va Inverter with x1 220ah Tubular battery. I'm looking to add solar panels to my current system so I can charge with Sunlight as my regular electricity supply has become very unreliable.

After getting numerous quotes (most of them were outrageous!) from a number of sources, I decided to come here to see if I could get more information. I've gone through quite a lot of pages as well as other information on Google and I now think I have a good idea of the set up that would work for me. Just looking to get another opinion.

Initially, I was looking to get x3 Felicity 195watts 12v solar panels (since my battery is just 12v) and hook it up to a Suoer MPPT 60A charge controller.

Having delved a bit deeper, I found out I can actually use solar panels with higher voltage - 24v since the MPPT will still be able to step this down to the right voltage (12v) to charge my battery. From what I read, the higher voltage would reduce the losses associated with the distance between the solar panels and the controller.

Now I'm looking to get x2 300W 24v panels to connect to the same Suoer MPPT 60A charge controller.

In terms of pricing, both set-ups are relatively similar. I'm just hoping to get some advice on whether I should go for the 1st or 2nd set up and if either makes any sense! Also, comments on the choice of MPPT and Panels would be much appreciated as well.

Lastly, a very rough estimate on the accessories - mounting rack, cables, etc would be nice.

Thanks!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 5:15am On Mar 20, 2022
Chuk77:
Gurus in the house, I have a 850va Inverter with x1 220ah Tubular battery. I'm looking to add solar panels to my current system so I can charge with Sunlight as my regular electricity supply has become very unreliable.

After getting numerous quotes (most of them were outrageous!) from a number of sources, I decided to come here to see if I could get more information. I've gone through quite a lot of pages as well as other information on Google and I now think I have a good idea of the set up that would work for me. Just looking to get another opinion.

Initially, I was looking to get x3 Felicity 195watts 12v solar panels (since my battery is just 12v) and hook it up to a Suoer MPPT 60A charge controller.

Having delved a bit deeper, I found out I can actually use solar panels with higher voltage - 24v since the MPPT will still be able to step this down to the right voltage (12v) to charge my battery. From what I read, the higher voltage would reduce the losses associated with the distance between the solar panels and the controller.

Now I'm looking to get x2 300W 24v panels to connect to the same Suoer MPPT 60A charge controller.

In terms of pricing, both set-ups are relatively similar. I'm just hoping to get some advice on whether I should go for the 1st or 2nd set up and if either makes any sense! Also, comments on the choice of MPPT and Panels would be much appreciated as well.

Lastly, a very rough estimate on the accessories - mounting rack, cables, etc would be nice.

Thanks!

The only thing I would change from your setup is the Suor MPPT controller. I would change this for an epever or fangpusun mppt controller. They are much more reliable and have better charge algo compared to Suoer. I would advise you string your 300w panels in Series. This means that you would get about 70v-68v (VMP) depending on the panels. Doing it this way would ensure you.
1- Spend less on wiring, since you would be pushing move volts than amps from your panels to you CC. It would also means less voltage lost to resistance.
2 - Your battery would have more head room required to charge a tubular battery. Such batteries can require as high as 15.5v to be properly charged and you can set the absorption voltage to 14.8.

Both the listed charge controllers should be able to do what you want with the battery especially carry out equalization charge which is required for a tubular battery.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by otokx(m): 8:11am On Mar 20, 2022
Weather conditions appear to really affect solar panels. This issue of battery quality is an interesting one in Nigeria. I use a MUST mppt.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 10:19am On Mar 20, 2022
otokx:
Weather conditions appear to really affect solar panels. This issue of battery quality is an interesting one in Nigeria. I use a MUST mppt.

Renewable energy using PV is a sun business, so weather is a major factor. Cloudy and dusty period are the worse period for optimal performance. But a clear weather with lil dust does increase performance.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Constantine10: 1:00pm On Mar 20, 2022
I am looking to buy a Solar panel, can someone recommend a solar system and the price
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Moneyboyz: 3:24pm On Mar 20, 2022
So I've been unable to get someone to build me a cheap 60v 40ah battery pack for my electric bike.
Someone offered to build it here but his connect who is to supply the materials keeps disappointing.

So now I have decided to lock up and do this shit myself, someone should please recommend where I can get New Branded Lithium ion cells for as low as 800 naira below in Lagos and a 60v BMS. I can get the materials and if you are in Lagos and can build it for me within a day let me know.

Branded as in reputable brands only.
I shouldn't be worrying about batteries right now sef if not for Igbo boys who sold me fake new SLA batteries.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Thunderbolt: 5:54pm On Mar 20, 2022
6 units of used 250W Stream Solar SE250M (96 cell) solar panels available for sale.
37k each.

If interested contact me on 0706-seven-five-seven-five-190
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 7:50pm On Mar 20, 2022
Moneyboyz:

Branded as in reputable brands only.
I shouldn't be worrying about batteries right now sef if not for Igbo boys who sold me fake new SLA batteries.

Any tribe can sell you a fake SLA batteries. Just saying grin

8 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Chuk77: 2:11am On Mar 21, 2022
bigrovar:

The only thing I would change from your setup is the Suor MPPT controller. I would change this for an epever or fangpusun mppt controller. They are much more reliable and have better charge algo compared to Suoer. I would advise you string your 300w panels in Series. This means that you would get about 70v-68v (VMP) depending on the panels. Doing it this way would ensure you.
1- Spend less on wiring, since you would be pushing move volts than amps from your panels to you CC. It would also means less voltage lost to resistance.
2 - Your battery would have more head room required to charge a tubular battery. Such batteries can require as high as 15.5v to be properly charged and you can set the absorption voltage to 14.8.

Both the listed charge controllers should be able to do what you want with the battery especially carry out equalization charge which is required for a tubular battery.

Thanks very much for your prompt response. I actually saw some of your previous posts here and they were very helpful and gave a lot of insight prior to me even making my comments.

In your opinion, which of them would be more user friendly? I haven't done this before and while I'm pro DIY, I feel a little bit nervous about it. The only reason I even thought of using the Suoer was because of the display interface and the ease of configuring (based on the view Youtube videos I was able to watch).

Again, I'm not an expert in this field at all, it just looked a little bit easier for a novice like me to set up and get running.

I appreciate your suggestion with regards to getting either Fangusun or Epever. Would you by any chance be able to direct me to a website article or video that shows the basic initial MPPT configuration process in English? This would be very helpful so I can follow after setting up the connections. I tried looking around and most of what I saw was in Hindi.

Thanks again!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by OkoroPeugeot(m): 6:06am On Mar 21, 2022
Used Panels:
Who has bought these from a vendor and they actually deliver close to "sticker" capacity?
Care to share your vendor?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 6:17am On Mar 21, 2022
Chuk77:

Thanks very much for your prompt response. I actually saw some of your previous posts here and they were very helpful and gave a lot of insight prior to me even making my comments.

In your opinion, which of them would be more user friendly? I haven't done this before and while I'm pro DIY, I feel a little bit nervous about it. The only reason I even thought of using the Suoer was because of the display interface and the ease of configuring (based on the view Youtube videos I was able to watch).

Again, I'm not an expert in this field at all, it just looked a little bit easier for a novice like me to set up and get running.

I appreciate your suggestion with regards to getting either Fangusun or Epever. Would you by any chance be able to direct me to a website article or video that shows the basic initial MPPT configuration process in English? This would be very helpful so I can follow after setting up the connections. I tried looking around and most of what I saw was in Hindi.

Thanks again!

On Suoer, I haven't used them before and I can not attest to how good they are. Fangpusun controllers are essentially Victron clones. Epever has some very good rep too. You can reach out to Juo on this forums. He would supply you what you need and you can count on him for good support on setup.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Funlag: 7:02am On Mar 21, 2022
Good morning gurus in the house..i need ur advice pls, am abt to get a genus 2kva inverter and battery to power a freezer 115w, tv 90w, home theater don't know the wattage, laptop 70w and some phones..pls how reliable is the inverter and battery?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 8:41am On Mar 21, 2022
Any solar panel seller in the house located in Abuja? I am looking to upgrade my systems and would prefer to procure my panels here in Abuja. Looking at between 2-3kw panel array.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 11:55am On Mar 21, 2022
still available
Valto:
EPEVER 30A MPPT Charge Controller Tracer A Series 12v/24V @ 53k
60A lithium fast charger, adjustable from 2.6v to 15v @60k
fst group dc/ac 56" ceiling fan 22k
100A 4pole automatic transfer changeover switch 23k
18" ac/dc standing fan 21k

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brijibs: 3:53pm On Mar 21, 2022
Valto:
not good enough bro. it is a mere 40000mah lithium li-ion battery coupled with a modified sine wave inverter.

Thanks for your response.
Please, can you suggest any solution for someone on a budget?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bbally: 4:26pm On Mar 21, 2022
omotech:

Thank you sir, I really appreciate I still have questions to ask, in terms of battery which one is the best because there's a lot of batteries and I don't want to fall on wrong one. The one you know is the best

buy lithium lifepo4 battery

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 4:58pm On Mar 21, 2022
brijibs:

Thanks for your response.
Please, can you suggest any solution for someone on a budget?
the solution i might have for you might cost u atleast 350k. good solar system is not cheap. cheaper solution means serious regret in few weeks or few months time.
1.5kva 12v eastman inverter 80k
200ah original RITAR /FULLRIVER=150K
or better still 12v 105ah lifepo4 lithium battery 180k
3pcs of 150w 12v panels
30A pwm CC 15k

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chuxmgc: 7:38pm On Mar 21, 2022
Please house I need 20AH 12v battery Smart Charger, any seller in the house

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 8:39pm On Mar 21, 2022
chuxmgc:
@odimbannamdi has one for sale
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:41pm On Mar 21, 2022
400w Risen solar panels available, #97,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:45pm On Mar 21, 2022
chuxmgc:
It’s available for 17k sir 12/24v
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 8:49pm On Mar 21, 2022
3kva 24v felicity hybrid inverter available, #180,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chuxmgc: 12:08pm On Mar 22, 2022
justcallmenuel:

It’s available for 17k sir 12/24v

How ham? And can I see the picture?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chuxmgc: 12:09pm On Mar 22, 2022
Penuelseun:
@odimbannamdi has one for sale

Please how can I search for him? please can you give me the link to his thread?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Funlag: 12:21pm On Mar 22, 2022
Funlag:
Good morning gurus in the house..i need ur advice pls, am abt to get a genus 2kva inverter and battery to power a freezer 115w, tv 90w, home theater don't know the wattage, laptop 70w and some phones..pls how reliable is the inverter and battery?
anybody pls
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 1:52pm On Mar 22, 2022
chuxmgc:

Please how can I search for him? please can you give me the link to his thread?
search for the name
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Deluxe8000(m): 11:35pm On Mar 22, 2022
Pls house is it true that anji charger can not charge lithium battery?
Which pwm cc is good for lpo4 lithium battery[size=8pt][/size]

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kola42: 8:25am On Mar 23, 2022
Good morning great minds,
I have a 200watt 24v solar panel installed/connected to a 200ah 12V battery and sunrise controller PWM (30/20/10A - 12/24V). Someone Saw it and said I must change controller to Mppt to balance the load.
Is he correct??
What mppt type & price please?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 8:57am On Mar 23, 2022
kola42:
Good morning great minds,
I have a 200watt 24v solar panel installed/connected to a 200ah 12V battery and sunrise controller PWM (30/20/10A - 12/24V). Someone Saw it and said I must change controller to Mppt to balance the load.
Is he correct??
What mppt type & price please?

Not exactly true, below 600w panel array...using mppt doesn't make sense.
however you should be aware that 200w panel cant charge your 200ah battery full in a day..be it mppt or pwm charger . 600w panel is recommended for each 200ah 12v battery you have...ie in an offgrid scenario. you cud getby with less, if you have nepa supporting coming in

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:24am On Mar 23, 2022
SOROTEC HYBRID INVERTER NOW AVAILABLE!!!

Sorotec revo VMII pro 3.5kw 24v with WiFi ... 395,000
Sorotec revo VMII pro 5.5kw 48v with WiFi ...
Sorotec revo VMII 8kw 48v with WiFi ..... 750,000
Sorotec parallel kit .... 32,000

One year standard warranty!

For datasheet, purchase:
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

(1) (2) (3) ... (1139) (1140) (1141) (1142) (1143) (1144) (1145) ... (1693) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: sharks776(m), swagifted(m), mctfopt, Xanderone and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.