Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,056 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2053359 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1137) (1138) (1139) (1140) (1141) (1142) (1143) ... (1686) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 7:27pm On Mar 13, 2022
abilityC:
No i did not fill it, i made use of wise.com

Okay. Thanks.

Please I need to inquire a few things about Wise from you. Mind dropping your digits?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hollawayn05(m): 8:47pm On Mar 13, 2022
Greetings great minds,
Will the help on this thread and little experience from the guy that installed my mini solar package on my farm for lighting and charging,
I tried setting up just am inverter system at home, which comprises of a 100amp battery and famicare inverter, I rely on Nepa light to charge and at full charge I can power my TV, home theater and candle TV for up to 9 hours (7pm to 11pm for 2 days)
Past week the Nepa av been fumbling so I later opt for a 180watt solar panel 3pamp charge controller, but ever since have not been able to use for more than 3hrs till the battery goes down, a certain day we have Nepa light I have to remove the solar panel from the controller so to comfirm my usage at night and I found out I was able to use for 5hrs plus even with the little Nepa light that charged it,

Pls what can I be doing wrong in the system?
Am actually thinking if its the 4mm cable used to connect the panel to charge controller is too small,
Should I opt for the 6mm cable

Will be expecting Profesional advice
Regards
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 9:21pm On Mar 13, 2022
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 9:26pm On Mar 13, 2022
Hollawayn05:

Past week the Nepa av been fumbling so I later opt for a 180watt solar panel 3pamp charge controller, but ever since have not been able to use for more than 3hrs till the battery goes down, a certain day we have Nepa light I have to remove the solar panel from the controller so to comfirm my usage at night and I found out I was able to use for 5hrs plus even with the little Nepa light that charged it,

Am actually thinking if its the 4mm cable used to connect the panel to charge controller is too small,

Regards

@bolded is the first and most likely culprit. 180w panel is grossly insufficient to fill a 100ah battery within the limited 5 hrs daily harvest.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abilityC: 9:34pm On Mar 13, 2022
IYGEAL:

Okay. Thanks.

Please I need to inquire a few things about Wise from you. Mind dropping your digits?
Sorry i would prefer any communication here thanks, im all ears

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 10:05pm On Mar 13, 2022
abilityC:
Sorry i would prefer any communication here thanks, im all ears

Cool.

1. Did you fund your Wise prior to making the wire transfer or you just used your account details while they charge directly from there? If yes, did you fund via naira account or Dom account?

2. Have you made payment with Wise to a bank in the US?

I have been trying to make wire payment via banks for weeks and recently they asked me to fill the form M stuff which I haven't had time for.

I intend to try Wise as I read you made a successful payment with it. So I just opened account with them.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 10:13pm On Mar 13, 2022
Hollawayn05:
Greetings great minds,
Will the help on this thread and little experience from the guy that installed my mini solar package on my farm for lighting and charging,
I tried setting up just am inverter system at home, which comprises of a 100amp battery and famicare inverter, I rely on Nepa light to charge and at full charge I can power my TV, home theater and candle TV for up to 9 hours (7pm to 11pm for 2 days)

Regards

Increase your panel size, and change the cable size as well (to limit energy losses), and save towards getting MPPT Solar CC.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abilityC: 10:31pm On Mar 13, 2022
IYGEAL:

Cool.

1. Did you fund your Wise prior to making the wire transfer or you just used your account details while they charge directly from there? If yes, did you fund via naira account or Dom account?

2. Have you made payment with Wise to a bank in the US?

I have been trying to make wire payment via banks for weeks and recently they asked me to fill the form M stuff which I haven't had time for.

I intend to try Wise as I read you made a successful payment with it. So I just opened account with them.

1. Yes i funded my wise usd account using virtual usd cards from Barter,Payday, etc, they did not accept my normal Usd card connected to my dom account!

2. Yes i have tried payments using ACH and wire transfer both were successful

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Malevonent: 10:55pm On Mar 13, 2022
if i recall correctly, some1 advertised solar panels for sale in abuja. are they still available?

wch 1.5kva inverter would u recommend for lithium battery?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 10:57pm On Mar 13, 2022
abilityC:

1. Yes i funded my wise usd account using virtual usd cards from Barter,Payday, etc, they did not accept my normal Usd card connected to my dom account!

Okay. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 12:05am On Mar 14, 2022
abilityC:

At what point did you use ACH and wire option for your Alibaba payments, or you simply send money in your USD wallet?

Did you use USD to USD transfer? Alibaba use JP Morgan bank in Singapore not US.

Please details steps if possible
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abilityC: 1:24am On Mar 14, 2022
Dam5reey:

At what point did you use ACH and wire option for your Alibaba payments, or you simply send money in your USD wallet?

Did you use USD to USD transfer? Alibaba use JP Morgan bank in Singapore not US.

Please details steps if possible

For Alibaba payment wire transfer (SWIFT) is what i used.
ACH was for a different purpose.
Yes USD to USD (Same currency) transaction,

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 1:28pm On Mar 14, 2022
540w JA solar panel available, #135,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 1:30pm On Mar 14, 2022
15kwh 48v felicity lithium battery available, #1,400,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 1:33pm On Mar 14, 2022
3.5kva 48v Growatt hybrid inverter ES available, #460,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461.

NB: can work without battery during the day!

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 1:35pm On Mar 14, 2022
5kw 48v Growatt hybrid inverter ES available, #540,000. Call/WhatsApp me on 08168986461.

NB: can work without battery during the day!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 1:37pm On Mar 14, 2022
abilityC:
What is the power consumption of the inverter when not in use?
Sorry for the late response, but you can message me on WhatsApp so I can send you the data sheet?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by karferguso(m): 2:49pm On Mar 14, 2022
olopan:
The solar panels are little to charge your batteries effectively, you will need a 600W panel to do the job right but then, if you have a steady grid supply then go for it, as price is fair.

Also to note is absence of circuit breaker & SPD, but it is expected for such price margin.

@Terrymason what are you looking to get?

Thank you bro.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by deking(m): 7:00am On Mar 15, 2022
Penuelseun:
Available

Give details naa
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 8:07am On Mar 15, 2022
deking:

Give details naa

Penuelseun:
Barely used tbb 24v 0.8kva inverter for sale, want to upgrade to 2kva. Works great
Price is 65k. Lithium battery charging compatible
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 10:51am On Mar 15, 2022
saint2ace:

Thanks boss
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abilityC: 12:21pm On Mar 15, 2022
Dam5reey:

I use a Chinese No branded version (Axpert Variant)

3.5KW 24V 100A MPPT High VOC input.

Experience has been very Good, capacity intact after 9 Months of deep discharge as low as 90% DOD most time.

I found this on Alibaba https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Pure-Sine-Wave-3-5KW-5_1600332802894.html?spm=a2756.order-detail-ta-ta-b.0.0.66512fc2LP4mPN
it has similar spec to yours, Paypal went through this time, im waiting for delivery now
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 3:08pm On Mar 15, 2022
abilityC:

I found this on Alibaba https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Pure-Sine-Wave-3-5KW-5_1600332802894.html?spm=a2756.order-detail-ta-ta-b.0.0.66512fc2LP4mPN
it has similar spec to yours, Paypal went through this time, im waiting for delivery now

you went for 5kw or 3.5kw? how much did you buy it?.
are they shipping for you, or you have a 3rd party shipper..if they are shipping, care to share the freight cost and duration?
bonjour solar -- 1yr on alibaba, definitely a reseler/copy.
next time better and cheaper to buy from the manufacturer, usually cheaper and easier for warranty issues
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abilityC: 5:14pm On Mar 15, 2022
earthrealm:

you went for 5kw or 3.5kw? how much did you buy it?.
are they shipping for you, or you have a 3rd party shipper..if they are shipping, care to share the freight cost and duration?
bonjour solar -- 1yr on alibaba, definitely a reseler/copy.
next time better and cheaper to buy from the manufacturer, usually cheaper and easier for warranty issues

Im going with the 3.5kw model, he is selling for USD 395, and shipping is Express, USD 165, max 9 days by air.
True d thing just dey shack me, and i want it asap, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 5:23pm On Mar 15, 2022
abilityC:

Cool basically the name is just a sticker.. they have same internals.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abilityC: 5:32pm On Mar 15, 2022
Dam5reey:

Cool basically the name is just a sticker.. they have same internals.
Okay, thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 5:37pm On Mar 15, 2022
abilityC:

Been having troubles verifying ID with Wise despite snapping clear photos of IDs.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abilityC: 6:06pm On Mar 15, 2022
IYGEAL:

Been having troubles verifying ID with Wise despite snapping clear photos of IDs.
Its best you use a phone, and also best to make use of day light, na to dey try till they accept
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 6:58pm On Mar 15, 2022
abilityC:
Its best you use a phone, and also best to make use of day light, na to dey try till they accept

Na phone I dey use na. Started at night to no avail. Then tried from morning till sometime in the afternoon to no success.

Was that how yours did before working? I can't fathom why they are not taking the IDs. And I have done countless such verifications at other platforms.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abilityC: 10:03pm On Mar 15, 2022
IYGEAL:

Na phone I dey use na. Started at night to no avail. Then tried from morning till sometime in the afternoon to no success.

Was that how yours did before working? I can't fathom why they are not taking the IDs. And I have done countless such verifications at other platforms.
I opened mine last year it wasn't too stressful but had a couple of retakes, just keep trying,

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Moneyboyz: 8:13am On Mar 16, 2022
This one wey electric grid dey collapse anyhow, I need recommendations on an ALL IN ONE solar power solution I can get between 100 to 150k

Example is that MTN Lumos solar system.

I only need to charge my phones and laptop, maybe some TV for my kid but it's not a priority.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 9:49am On Mar 16, 2022
Moneyboyz:
This one wey solar grip dey collapse anyhow, I need recommendations on an ALL IN ONE solar power solution I can get between 100 to 150k

Example is that MTN Lumos solar system.

I only need to charge my phones and laptop, maybe some TV for my kid but it's not a priority.
dont waste money on lumos. up your budget and get something better

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1137) (1138) (1139) (1140) (1141) (1142) (1143) ... (1686) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.