Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2049593 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1173) (1174) (1175) (1176) (1177) (1178) (1179) ... (1684) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 6:58am On May 13, 2022
olopan:
Let's hope some day soon, regulations can be put in place to separate the bad onions and Nigerians can get the best for their monies.

Just like someone said they always get majority of the jobs

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Evar04(f): 7:35am On May 13, 2022
No feedback of anything from them yet
Trippledots:

Oops, how gave you gone about this? Sorry I'm just seeing your message
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:44am On May 13, 2022
ojeysky:
230AH New Eve cells available can sell in minimum of 8 units @75k each. Comes with Busbar, nuts and screws

Call/WhatsApp: 08035233535

Only 8 units remaining you may reach me for discount as well
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 8:34am On May 13, 2022
SOLAR PANELS! HURRY!!

Amrecan
Mono 280w .. 68,000

Bescom
170w poly .......... 44,000
180w mono ....... 46,000
280w mono ....... 71,000
350w mono ....... 82,000
460w mono ....... 100,000
550w mono ....... 140,000

Mem
270w panel mono .. 65k
300w panel mono....69k
380w panel mono....85k

For further enquiry/transaction;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
☎️ CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 10:37am On May 13, 2022
Answered

OkoroPeugeot:

Thank you!'
Experience always helps grin

1. I'd change the wire from the batteries to 16mm ASAP
2. I'd get a 10A 230Vac breaker and put that before connecting the AC supply to the inverter
3. I believe the 16A DC breaker is between the panels and the inverter while the 63A is between the batteries and the inverter? - YES

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeadofNairaland: 12:43pm On May 13, 2022
brightk:
We have spoilt so many things in this country because of cheap labour.

we all have to admit it. solar is expensive.nor be all this corners wen we de cut

The expensive part all depends of pocked and type of load to power.

From lister generator to I pass my neighbour small gen. From ac to smallest appliances.

From several panels to just 1 grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by AndroBlaze: 1:11pm On May 13, 2022
SCHNEIDER POWERHOUSE INVERTER AVAILABLE

XANTREX TR2424

This dependable machine is being sold off as is in solid working condition , first come first serve!

24v 2.4kva continuous modified sinewave ( surge to 4.8kva) (easily carry AC (1hp), electric cooker, irons, freezer, fridge etc.)

handle and charge up 1000-amp battery capacity (10 200AH batteries).

charging current over 70 amps

Load sensor (you can trigger inverter to only start up if a certain load is picked up from as little as 10watts to 480 watts)

Available in Lagos

price 65k negotiable

whatsapp before calling pls

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Peterlove11: 2:51pm On May 13, 2022
darediamond:

Lithium Ion batteries generally have memory issues which needs you to the user to be technically qualified to handle them as regards first time use charging and so on...

The Life Span of a Sealed lead Acid Battery can only be expanded for than 4 years if it is well pulse-charged and discharged expecially. If you can build such circuits, SLA battery is okay.

Lithium polymer battery is a flexible one which as it own input and output terminals separately. The battery is Superb and costly just as Lithium Phosphate

Lithium Titanate Oxide is the Father Of Them All As to efficiency and effectiveness but it is not Pocket Friendly!!!!

Transformeless Inverter is good but when Resistive and Inductive load is to be Powered, you need an inverter (Pure Sine Wave) with Transformer.

Transformerless inverters are equally good....they can power all type of load. My 5kva felicity hybrid inverter powers my whole flat. I cook, iron and pump water with it. Reliable and has a low idle consumption

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 3:25pm On May 13, 2022
AndroBlaze:
SCHNEIDER POWERHOUSE INVERTER AVAILABLE

XANTREX TR2424

This dependable machine is being sold off as is in solid working condition , first come first serve!

24v 2.4kva continuous modified sinewave ( surge to 4.8kva) (easily carry [s]AC (1hp), electric cooker, irons, freezer, fridge[/s] etc.)

handle and charge up 1000-amp battery capacity (10 200AH batteries).

charging current over 70 amps

Load sensor (you can trigger inverter to only start up if a certain load is picked up from as little as 10watts to 480 watts)

Available in Lagos

price 65k negotiable

whatsapp before calling pls

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeadofNairaland: 4:59pm On May 13, 2022
[quote author=IYGEAL post=112795977][/quote]

IYGEAL u harsh ooo
But u r right grin grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 9:24pm On May 13, 2022
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by myrax7(m): 11:37pm On May 13, 2022
Good day everyone.

1. I need a direct contact with a Deye Inverter seller in Lagos

2. What brands of Hybrid inverter out there is rugged and stand the test of time..
Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:43am On May 14, 2022
olopan:
happy saying that solar doesn't work with their full chest. grin

I have seen a fair share of installations that were poorly designed and installed, to know that going cheap isn't really an option when it comes to solar

It's weird when some of the clients can easily afford a better designed system that is a bit costlier but will often opt for that "engineer" that knows very little of what they are doing to do the job simply because their quote is "cheaper".
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeadofNairaland: 11:05am On May 14, 2022
mctfopt:

It's weird when some of the clients can easily afford a better designed system that is a bit costlier but will often opt for that "engineer" that knows very little of what they are doing to do the job simply because their quote is "cheaper".

Most of our installers too charge too too high.
You will add money to batteries, inverters etc con charge high amount again for "installation".Which client will pay...

Installation cost of some installers will buy another inverter or battery qouted.

Dont sound too professional... clients will "japa".

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 11:29am On May 14, 2022
HeadofNairaland:

You will add money to batteries, inverters etc con charge high amount again for "installation".Which client will pay...

Installation cost of some installers will buy another inverter or battery qouted.

Very true, the moment a client gets the quotation from the installers and does his research he is immediately put off, by the price descrepancy...

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 11:53am On May 14, 2022
HeadofNairaland:

Not disputing that. There are such cases, but I'm actually talking about same professionals who actually knew what they are doing. Of course, you don't expect a professional charges to be dirt cheap grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeadofNairaland: 12:08pm On May 14, 2022
mctfopt:

Not disputing that. There are such cases, but I'm actually talking about same professionals who actually knew what they are doing. Of course, you don't expect a professional charges to be dirt cheap grin
Definitely not dirt cheap, but reasonable instead losing several clients and catching just 1 to 10. Pride dey kill business.

Did u know that ColdStone ice cream is now being hawked by bikes in the streets.

The economy is not smiling. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeadofNairaland: 12:09pm On May 14, 2022
brightk:
so i nor go fit see panel wen dem rate @300w still output at least 220w. somebody de say make i buy Canadian solaror victron solar panel.

i just need rest of mind. Person go calculate add losses still add jara for the losses . panel go com de Bleep up

Any hope?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 1:25pm On May 14, 2022
brightk:
so i nor go fit see panel wen dem rate @300w still output at least 220w. somebody de say make i buy Canadian solaror victron solar panel.

i just need rest of mind. Person go calculate add losses still add jara for the losses . panel go com de Bleep up

Contact me for quality panels and have that peace

Call/chat - 08117398294
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 1:29pm On May 14, 2022
odimbannamdi:
60A Powmr MPPT Solar Charge Controller available
Price: 55,000 firm

1000W EASun Transformerless Inverter (no charging function). Ideal for users on a budget and for keeps as rainy-day backup. Actual/Continuous power is 500w. Peak power is 1000w. Idle watt consumption is 7w. Has protection against overload and surges from sparks

Price: 28,000 firm

Fairly used 30A Famicare Charger

Price: 15,000

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 1:46pm On May 14, 2022
HeadofNairaland:

Definitely not dirt cheap, but reasonable instead losing several clients and catching just 1 to 10. Pride dey kill business.

Did u know that ColdStone ice cream is now being hawked by bikes in the streets.

We are on the same page grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 1:47pm On May 14, 2022
HeadofNairaland:

We are on the same page ;Dp
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 5:59am On May 15, 2022
Just think this might come in handy.

Omo, that Lithium-Titanate bhaad ghan! With moderate use, you may possibly fail to exhaust it in a lifetime. Best case scenario, bequeath it to your children.

Boy go be like, oi, that battery was used by my dad before he died and I'm still rocking it! grin grin

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 6:05am On May 15, 2022
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emyfine08: 6:34am On May 15, 2022
Good day my oga's in house please I need help and advice I have solar setup two 5kws of Felicity lithium batteries in parallel 5kva 24v inverter two cc mppt 80am and 100am Felicity 12 panel of 370w each,1500w continuous road
Now my problem is the battery is short down around 8pm in night. when the sun set around 430pm in the evening in bright wether.
Please my engineer's In the house I need advice
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by myrax7(m): 6:53am On May 15, 2022
Good day everyone.

1. I need a direct contact with a Deye Inverter seller in Lagos

2. What brands of Hybrid inverter out there is rugged
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FireTheSun: 9:10am On May 15, 2022
brightk:
We have spoilt so many things in this country because of cheap labour.

we all have to admit it. solar is expensive.nor be all this corners wen we de cut

Cost of Labour is a function of Cost of Living and Earning Power, in any Economy, Nigeria is No Exception!

If Labour were to be Price Higher, then the Cost of the Final Product will be Higher.
If Cost of Product is Higher, then the Income of the Buyer has to be Higher.

In an Economy were the Basic Wage is #30,000 per Month (and some are still paying as low as #10,000!), Cost of Labour can only be as Cheap, for it to be affordable.

Can anyone in Nigeria, pay the Equivalent of $3,000/2,500 Euros PER MONTH (#1.5Million), for a three bed Flat, as they pay in those economy where Cost of Labour is High? grin grin
That is #18Million Per Annum, while we pay #1M Per Annum for the same type or even a better Flat, here in Nigeria.

If l may also add, Solar is not expensive, it only seems so here in Nigeria because we are too lazy to use our brain to manufacture anything and the Govt is populated by a bunch of mediocre who are only concerned with Looting the Treasury.

What does it take to produce Solar Panels in Nigeria?
Dont we produce Batteries
(Berec Batteries, Exide Batteries) in Nigeria, in the 70s/80's?

These are the two major expense in Solar Setup, if we set our priorities right and stop enriching China, every house can have a Solar Panel and Batteries for backup at night.

Please forgive my rant, e just dey vex me at times.

6 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FireTheSun: 9:22am On May 15, 2022
emyfine08:
Good day my oga's in house please I need help and advice I have solar setup two 5kws of Felicity lithium batteries in parallel 5kva 24v inverter two cc mppt 80am and 100am Felicity 12 panel of 370w each,1500w continuous road
Now my problem is the battery is short down around 8pm in night. when the sun set around 430pm in the evening in bright weather.
Please my engineer's In the house I need advice

I would think anything above 3kVA should be 48V setup, to reduce loss due to heat and/from high Current!

What is your total/continuous load? (1500W?) (Is this Night time continuous load or just daytime?)
10KW Felicity might be something like 8KW in reality grin
Can you measure the Output from your Panels?
When did this start? Since you installed the Batteries or recently?

What is the Solar Panel setup arrangement ? (all in Series or 2p6s)
Do you use the Solar Setup DIRECT, during the day time (because if you do, 4440W Panel in total, if we remove losses in wire, shading, etc might be supplying not more than 3000W.
What portion of this do you use in daytime and what portion is left to charge your Batteries?

At 1500W continuous load, your battery should last around 8000/1500 = 5hr.30mins approx (assuming 8KW real battery Power)

Looks like your Batts are not fully charged and it cant carry your load through the night.
Felicity LipoFe4 is a "Closed System" otherwise, l would have suggested that you interact with your BMS by way of Bluetooth and see the state of Charge/Discharge of your Cells.
Reason why l dont like all these "preoperatory systems" of LifePo4.

Let us also hear from others with more insight
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FireTheSun: 9:49am On May 15, 2022
Peterlove11:

Transformerless inverters are equally good....they can power all type of load. My 5kva felicity hybrid inverter powers my whole flat. I cook, iron and pump water with it. Reliable and has a low idle consumption

Inverters are Power-Conversion Equipment, they do not GENERATE Power of/on their own.
5KVA Inverter simply means it can CONVERT as much as 5KVA of DC Power, to 5KVA AC Power, assuming a Power Factor of 1.
(and does some 'switching' jobs as well)

In the day time, it is your Solar Panels that are actually Powering your equipment, your Inverter is just converting the panel-supplied DC Power, to AC Power.
At Nigh time, it is your Battery that is supplying the power, not your Inverter.

I believe that all the above Items are not powered up at the same time (Pump = 1500 -2000W? Iron = 2300W? Cooker = 3000W? shocked shocked ), Most likely you are staggering them.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hollawayn05(m): 9:51am On May 15, 2022
Greeting great mind..
As at this time 9:50am my charge controller is still on night mode and have not been charging my battery..
What could possible be the cause and how can it be corrected

Details
120 amps battery
1pcs 280 watt panel
60am PWM charge controller
1.5kva inverter

Regards

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 10:02am On May 15, 2022
Hollawayn05:
Greeting great mind..
As at this time 9:50am my charge controller is still on night mode and have not been charging my battery..
What could possible be the cause and how can it be corrected

Regards

How can you post this, without a picture of the cc display or even give the specs&model of the cc?

In the interim put a heavy load for 1 minute on the inverter and revert

Edit:..good you have attached pics, is this a new setup?.what voltage is the bulk/absorb settings on the cc.
Still do @ bolded with a 300w load

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 10:07am On May 15, 2022
FireTheSun:

What does it take to produce Solar Panels in Nigeria?
Dont we produce Batteries (Berec Batteries, Exide Batteries) in Nigeria, in the 70s/80's?

These are the two major expense in Solar Setup, if we set our priorities right and stop enriching China, every house can have a Solar Panel and Batteries for backup at night.

Please forgive my rant, e just dey vex me at times.

Speaking of China, do you know that China has now become the world's wealthiest nation? It recently overtook the US as the wealthiest boasting of 120 trillion dollar, 30 trillion dollars more than the wealth of the US.

Ah, God. I still remember the days of "Chinko phones" that have FM antenna and those very loud speakers, phones with TV tuners in them grin. That time as happening guys, we wouldn't come near those products with a foot long pole. This is just less than 20 years ago. But while outsiders see it as an abysmal and inferior manufacturing capacity in China, China sees it as a weaning stage, a developmental stage that should be negotiated. Everything they have done, all their policies over the past decade has been a deliberate, strategic and steady plan to become wealthy and dominate manufacturing. Those short guys are not short of wisdom at all.

But this may not be for long though. India is another potential destination of this record soon.

Manufacturing, manufacturing and manufacturing. These are the three ways a nation can become wealthy.

If Nigeria likes, they should produce all the maize, cocoa, cassava, crude oil etc in the world. If there is no way to have these things converted to finished consumables within our shores, we will keep being poor; exporting a kilogramme of cocoa pods (that can produce hundreds of chocolate bars) at a measly 2000 naira per kg while the hundreds of bars are sold back to us for around 50k.

I don rack my head tire on top many ideas. But large capital is absent and much more, I am fearful of the Nigerian business killing policy.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1173) (1174) (1175) (1176) (1177) (1178) (1179) ... (1684) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: GuestJoe, sharks776(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.