Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,947 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2049252 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1174) (1175) (1176) (1177) (1178) (1179) (1180) ... (1684) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hollawayn05(m): 10:12am On May 15, 2022
earthrealm:

How can you post this, without a picture of the cc display or even give the specs&model of the cc?

In the interim put a heavy load for 1 minute on the inverter and revert

The picture dint load earlier, kindly check again, am currently using the system as we speak and charge icon not yet on day mode
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 10:21am On May 15, 2022
Hollawayn05:

The picture dint load earlier, kindly check again, am currently using the system as we speak and charge icon not yet on day mode

Do you have a voltmeter to check if voltage is coming down your panel wires?

What kind of CC is it that you use sef?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hollawayn05(m): 10:26am On May 15, 2022
ceaser:

Do you have a voltmeter to check if voltage is coming down your panel wires?

What kind of CC is it that you use sef?

No I don't have a voltmeter, it's a famicare 60am PWM cc
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 10:29am On May 15, 2022
emyfine08:
Good day my oga's in house please I need help and advice I have solar setup two 5kws of Felicity lithium batteries in parallel 5kva 24v inverter two cc mppt 80am and 100am Felicity 12 panel of 370w each,1500w continuous road
Now my problem is the battery is short down around 8pm in night. when the sun set around 430pm in the evening in bright wether.
Please my engineer's In the house I need advice

What was the load on the setup...i see u mention 1500w continous load...is this on 247?.

Energy cant be created nor destroyed.
2ndly, does the cc log daily harvest?..check and tell us.
Alternatively observe the max instantenous harvest in watts from the cc
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hollawayn05(m): 11:18am On May 15, 2022
earthrealm:

How can you post this, without a picture of the cc display or even give the specs&model of the cc?

In the interim put a heavy load for 1 minute on the inverter and revert

Edit:..good you have attached pics, is this a new setup?.what voltage is the bulk/absorb settings on the cc.
Still do @ bolded with a 300w load

Yes it's a new set up, started using 2 days ago
Absord is 14.4v
All my combine load can't be up to 300w, but I have an electric grinder that is 350w, can I power it for a minute?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 11:45am On May 15, 2022
Hollawayn05:

Yes it's a new set up, started using 2 days ago
Absord is 14.4v
All my combine load can't be up to 300w, but I have an electric grinder that is 350w, can I power it for a minute?

Yes have someone looking at the cc screen while you run the blender for 1min and tell me if anything changed
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emyfine08: 11:54am On May 15, 2022
earthrealm:

What was the load on the setup...i see u mention 1500w continous load...is this on 247?.

Energy cant be created nor destroyed.
2ndly, does the cc log daily harvest?..check and tell us.
Alternatively observe the max instantenous harvest in watts from the cc
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emyfine08: 11:58am On May 15, 2022
1500watts load 12hrs
How to check my cc daily harvest as asked?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hollawayn05(m): 12:01pm On May 15, 2022
earthrealm:

Yes have someone looking at the cc screen while you run the blender for 1min and tell me if anything changed

Nothing changed sir

What I noticed befor now is that their is a drop in voltage anytime I off the circuit breaker connecting the panel to CC..
The system was okay yesterday am just Suprised

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 12:42pm On May 15, 2022
Hollawayn05:

Nothing changed sir

What I noticed befor now is that their is a drop in voltage anytime I off the circuit breaker connecting the panel to CC..
Can you bypass the panel to cc circuit breaker to confirm that it is not the problem
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 2:35pm On May 15, 2022
emyfine08:
1500watts load 12hrs
How to check my cc daily harvest as asked?

Send a picture of your cc.
Is it felicity cc?.
If so..it is a cheap cc, and doesnt show that info...the best it shows is maximum instantenous...scroll to that and tell us or send a screenshot
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 2:38pm On May 15, 2022
Hollawayn05:

Nothing changed sir

O
0.2v....something is wrong then.get a digital meter and the voltage from the panels, b4 and after the breaker
...and revert...

Alternatively, if you dont hv a dmm, you can bypass the breaker with 4mm or 6mm cable and observe what happens

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abilityC: 2:40pm On May 15, 2022
FireTheSun:

Cost of Labour is a function of Cost of Living and Earning Power, in any Economy, Nigeria is No Exception!

If Labour were to be Price Higher, then the Cost of the Final Product will be Higher.
If Cost of Product is Higher, then the Income of the Buyer has to be Higher.

In an Economy were the Basic Wage is #30,000 per Month (and some are still paying as low as #10,000!), Cost of Labour can only be as Cheap, for it to be affordable.

Can anyone in Nigeria, pay the Equivalent of $3,000/2,500 Euros PER MONTH (#1.5Million), for a three bed Flat, as they pay in those economy where Cost of Labour is High? grin grin
That is #18Million Per Annum, while we pay #1M Per Annum for the same type or even a better Flat, here in Nigeria.

If l may also add, Solar is not expensive, it only seems so here in Nigeria because we are too lazy to use our brain to manufacture anything and the Govt is populated by a bunch of mediocre who are only concerned with Looting the Treasury.

What does it take to produce Solar Panels in Nigeria?
Dont we produce Batteries
(Berec Batteries, Exide Batteries) in Nigeria, in the 70s/80's?

These are the two major expense in Solar Setup, if we set our priorities right and stop enriching China, every house can have a Solar Panel and Batteries for backup at night.

Please forgive my rant, e just dey vex me at times.
No doubt our economy is not very productive, and its like our political rulers enjoy seeing the masses poor and poorer... and poverty has a vicious circle/cycle that has to be broken by productivity and serious determination, the more people earn the more they can afford services and goods offered in an economy but the bad belle people no want am like that!

I was making inquiries about setting up solar panel plant in Nigeria and the cheapest option i got from a firm was 100k USD but not a complete manufacturing plant just to assemble the panels which was quite discouraging for me, as i wanted a plant that makes the raw panels from scratch... I see India also trying to step up in Solar Panel production, we need to do better...

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abilityC: 2:54pm On May 15, 2022
ceaser:
Just think this might come in handy.

Omo, that Lithium-Titanate bhaad ghan! With moderate use, you may possibly fail to exhaust it in a lifetime. Best case scenario, bequeath it to your children.

Boy go be like, oi, that battery was used by my dad before he died and I'm still rocking it! grin grin
LTO is good but too expensive, i have been following up on research about Sodium ion Batteries, Flow batteries, Graphene Capacitors/Batteries as well as Solid State Batteries and the future looks bright.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 3:20pm On May 15, 2022
There are made in Nigeria panels

FireTheSun:

What does it take to produce Solar Panels in Nigeria?
Dont we produce Batteries
(Berec Batteries, Exide Batteries) in Nigeria, in the 70s/80's?

These are the two major expense in Solar Setup, if we set our priorities right and stop enriching China, every house can have a Solar Panel and Batteries for backup at night.

Please forgive my rant, e just dey vex me at times.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeadofNairaland: 3:25pm On May 15, 2022
ceaser:
Just think this might come in handy.

Omo, that Lithium-Titanate bhaad ghan! With moderate use, you may possibly fail to exhaust it in a lifetime. Best case scenario, bequeath it to your children.

Boy go be like, oi, that battery was used by my dad before he died and I'm still rocking it! grin grin

LTO cycle na life time
But for 24v users
Unfriendly for 12v users

But price na 4x LifePO4.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FireTheSun: 8:13pm On May 15, 2022
gadgetplanetng:

Good to hear, though l have my doubts about the authenticity of that information, without any link/Reference to the manufacturer to back it up.

If that is the case, what is then responsible for the high Cost of Panels right now?
Excessive Profiteering?
High Input Costs? (Especially Power!)

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FireTheSun: 8:17pm On May 15, 2022
abilityC:
No doubt our economy is not very productive, and its like our political rulers enjoy seeing the masses poor and poorer... and poverty has a vicious circle/cycle that has to be broken by productivity and serious determination, the more people earn the more they can afford services and goods offered in an economy but the bad belle people no want am like that!

I was making inquiries about setting up solar panel plant in Nigeria and the cheapest option i got from a firm was 100k USD but not a complete manufacturing plant just to assemble the panels which was quite discouraging for me, as i wanted a plant that makes the raw panels from scratch... I see India also trying to step up in Solar Panel production, we need to do better...

That was a good effort and l commend you for trying.
I am also sure that it is a good thing, if five honest people can pull resources together, to establish such effort.
$100,000 is not really much, if we can get the technology and input Materials together.
I will be up for such Project, if the opportunity arise.

We also have to contend with a bad Govt that likes to kill Business of individuals, current Business Climate is horrible. angry

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 12:38am On May 16, 2022
Hollawayn05:

Nothing changed sir

Maybe I should ask you this: Were the MC4 connectors of your panels left intact by the installer or they were cut off? This is important especially as you said it is a new installation that has worked for only three days.

In instances as where the MC4s are removed, the twisted panel wires often form an arc at the junction of the panel wires and the wire running the rest of the way to the CC. With the arc formed at the junction, a voltmeter may even show normal panel output voltage when measured at the point of entry to the CC. However the current required from the panels will be low or non-existent as shown by the CC.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 2:09am On May 16, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37Yw9oWTY2I

Valto recommended their product a few weeks back

FireTheSun:

Good to hear, though l have my doubts about the authenticity of that information, without any link/Reference to the manufacturer to back it up.

If that is the case, what is then responsible for the high Cost of Panels right now?
Excessive Profiteering?
High Input Costs? (Especially Power!)

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by darediamond(m): 2:35am On May 16, 2022
Peterlove11:

Transformerless inverters are equally good....they can power all type of load. My 5kva felicity hybrid inverter powers my whole flat. I cook, iron and pump water with it. Reliable and has a low idle consumption
Look in well into the said inverter board, there is one or more High current transformer/inductor.

A Pure Transformer less Inverter uses only Capacitors and Semi-conductors. So know the proper difference now everyone.

Away from that, Anyone can DIY His Or Her Own Solar Battery Using Charcoal (Eeedu), Hypochloric or Hydrochloric Acid, Copper and Alluminium Rods or Thick Wire, 2 different Sizes Of PVC Pipes.

Now Watch this Video Here To Learn How To Do It https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_gaO3j816Ek

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by darediamond(m): 2:46am On May 16, 2022
gadgetplanetng:

Good Valid Excellent "RANT".

We as individuals only needs to know how battery works and then we start DIYing our own too and stop paying or enriching Foreign Chinese and local "Chinese" in the name of Powers That Be.

Here are some videos that shows How To Make Carbon Battery. The Best Way Is To First Activate The Carbon With Acid.

[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gaO3j816Ek
[/url]

[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwXEzOKWJSs
[/url]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdg-vIVCWx4&t=4s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmWoYoH9rjk

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by darediamond(m): 3:23am On May 16, 2022
Do you know that When You Burn Wood In A Airtight Metal Container, It Turns In To Super Quality Charcoal That Readily Becomes A Charged Battery On It Own.

Do not get amazed over anything here. You have to do it yourself to see the effect with your KoroKoro Eyes Whatch this Video directly on YouTube or Download it using y2mate.com https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JIrgNosdRFE

When I am saying certain things on here, I know many of you know your onions in the areas you likely Limits yourselves to or Specialize in. But Power Generation for Business and YES Total Liberation Needs More than knowing About Mere SOLAR Power Set Up!! You Have To Expand and Start Thinking Logically, Tactically and Technically to bring about Arrays of Affordable Solutions to the deliberate Power Outage the Powers That Be are deliberately subjecting us to.

In the series of videos I shared there links base on Charcoal Battery making, if you watched each one of them directly on YouTube or you download them all first to save data using the recommended website y2mate.com, you will notice one of them standout as to it chemistry and charge Separation of it positive to negative terminals. The title of the said video is "3 months on Probation untill It Succeeded".
This is the best of all because the Positive and Negative Terminals are well Separated. But you may think the two pipes contains the same Mixture which would make both of them to be Positively Charged. Well, Yes you are Rigth in your view but Wrong on the other side.
How?
When you have More of Positive In one area and Less of Positive in another area, The latter would act as Negative to the Former expecially when there is Isolation between them.

The Bigger PVC pipe content is more than the content inside the smaller diameter pipe it encapsulates. This set on the Superior Positive over the other.

That is the Logic!!!

If you can not get Crystal Salt, You can use industrial Salt too.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 3:35am On May 16, 2022
gadgetplanetng:

Auxano solar panels, made in festac town Lagos. there few other companies producing in Lagos too. their panels not dirt cheap, but affordable. real capacity, not alaba sticker.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FireTheSun: 6:17am On May 16, 2022
gadgetplanetng:

Watched the Auxano/BOI Video.
I must say l am thrilled that we have started from 'somewhere', guys lik that need all the encouragement they can get, to go "Automated".

Having said that, l must also point out that there is a difference between Assembling Solar Panels and Manufacturing Solar Panels.
What l see in that Video is a Company into "Assembling Solar Panels".
I did not see anywhere they Manufactured the Solar Cells, which is the backbone of a Solar Panel, they imported the Cells and then began to put them together.

But it is a good start, Rome was not built in a day.
With a good enabling environment, Govt can use its Diplomatic leverage to "buy Technology" from the Chinese/Russian/Asian Govts in a BOT arrangement, for our Entrepreneurs.

The Europeans and Americans wont sell such technology to us, they prefer we are always in a begging position, so they can continue to arm-twist us into submission. grin

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 1:04pm On May 16, 2022
darediamond:

Good Valid Excellent "RANT".

We as individuals only needs to know how battery works and then we start DIYing our own too and stop paying or enriching Foreign Chinese and local "Chinese" in the name of Powers That Be.

Here are some videos that shows How To Make Carbon Battery. The Best Way Is To First Activate The Carbon With Acid.

[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gaO3j816Ek
[/url]

[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwXEzOKWJSs
[/url]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdg-vIVCWx4&t=4s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmWoYoH9rjk

Mostly fake! You just go to YouTube to harvest all these fake videos?

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by darediamond(m): 5:49pm On May 16, 2022
adrusa:

Mostly fake! You just go to YouTube to harvest all these fake videos?
Have you like me personally try to make a rechargeable battery with locally found materials here in Nigeria before? Have you?

When I Mr Dare DIAMOND C.E.O Thin Air Powers® is talking, It is out of practical experiences from series of research I have immersed myself into. Go do your practicals and surprising discoveries would be yours. NO BRAGGING HERE PLEASE...

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 7:20pm On May 16, 2022
Na wa oooo shocked
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by okikigsm: 8:25pm On May 16, 2022
pls am sorry to ask this,[b]pls am sorry to ask this,[/b]pls am sorry to ask this,how can someone identify a true pure sine wave inverter?

gurus in house am awaiting your contributions,still learning .....
thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 9:35pm On May 16, 2022
darediamond:

Have you like me personally try to make a rechargeable battery with locally found materials here in Nigeria before? Have you?

When I Mr Dare DIAMOND C.E.O Thin Air Powers® is talking, It is out of practical experiences from series of research I have immersed myself into. Go do your practicals and surprising discoveries would be yours. NO BRAGGING HERE PLEASE...

Nice name Thin Air Powers

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:09am On May 17, 2022
HURRY!! LIMITED STOCK!!!

Brand new 1000 watts 12v Pure sine wave power Inverter (no charging feature).

Ideal for users on a budget and for keeps as rainy-day backup.Ideal for campers. Ideal for 12v off-grid systems "optional external battery charger can be attached to supplement solar array against periodic rainy weather". Ideal for automobile uses ensuring pure sine wave safe output.

Actual/Continuous power is 1000w. Peak power is 2000w. Soft start feature enhances smooth powering of refrigerator, sensitive appliances.
Idle watt consumption 7 watts.

Protection features:
-Low voltage shutdown
-Over voltage shutdown
-Short circuit shutdown
-Over temperature shutdown
-Overload protection
-Polarity reverse fuse protection
-Earth leakage protection

Firm Price: 40,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 5:54am On May 17, 2022
ceaser:

Maybe I should ask you this: Were the MC4 connectors of your panels left intact by the installer or they were cut off? This is important especially as you said it is a new installation that has worked for only three days.

In instances as where the MC4s are removed, the twisted panel wires often form an arc at the junction of the panel wires and the wire running the rest of the way to the CC. With the arc formed at the junction, a voltmeter may even show normal panel output voltage when measured at the point of entry to the CC. However the current required from the panels will be low or non-existent as shown by the CC.

does it mean removing mc4 connectors harms the current the pv is generating? please i need more clarification on this.. sometimes this mc4 connectors do not make good contacts

(1) (2) (3) ... (1174) (1175) (1176) (1177) (1178) (1179) (1180) ... (1684) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Abiono28 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.