Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,275 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2048882 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) (1185) ... (1684) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 9:59pm On May 25, 2022
brightk:
fellow nairalanders pls come to my aid. i contacted a friend to purchase some pv modules.. Initial calculation was to get 300w*4 panels to charge a 4.8kwh lifepo4 battery.. Even the battery sef get e own story.. I am using an epever 30a 100v mppt controller

At first i didnt pay attention to what the panel was generating . But i later began to find out that the whole thing was not performing.. Pv modules are africell 300w.. According to my the installer whom i purchased the pvs from the connection was done in parallels. i was getting 29v 10-12a (pv input) during peak hours... This to me was unacceptable... even if there was a longer cable run because i leave down stairs (a storey building). When issues arose as to leakages on the roof i was determined to use the opportunity to check the panels . I borrowed a pv meter and the testing was done off peak hours.. voltage and current were about 22v and 4.99a. which translated to 110w for one panel.

Now i changed the connection to 2series parallel 2 series.. My readings were sometimes 45/47v 5/6a, 50v/3a during peak period (pv input)...

I am beginning to think i was sold panels with stickers of questionable datasheet.. On a second thought if the panels were living up to expectations, the current in parralel was very close to my pv input current.... E come be like say my journey into the solar industry na wrong entry

What direction are the panels facing?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 10:06pm On May 25, 2022
gadgetplanetng:

What direction are the panels facing?
from the compass on my phone that should be east..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 10:34pm On May 25, 2022
brightk:
from the compass on my phone that should be east..

South usually gets better results here. Can you move them when the sun is up and measure?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 10:37pm On May 25, 2022
gadgetplanetng:

South usually gets better results here. Can you move them when the sun is up and measure?
that roof top get as e be oooo...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by whiteMandingo: 11:03pm On May 25, 2022
yourlifepal:
Bosses & gurus in the house, I noticed that one of my two Luminous 220AH/12V tubular batteries is now swollen. The swell is still relatively not noticeable, one has to look closely to see the slight bulge. I got the batteries around September 2020 and have enjoyed them quite well. Initially, I used them with 8 panels (6*180w & 2*150w) and a 2.1KVA Lento inverter. However, I recently changed my panels to 4*380w Flames (about 3 months ago). The batteries charge faster now, I must say. I also changed my location too though. I don't know if all these could have anything to do with the sudden swell.

I'm planning to get a 5KWH Lithium battery as a replacement but I want to be sure I understand the cause of the swell first. And I would love any recommendation on the brand of Lithium battery to buy. Thanks!

Check and tell us the bulk, absorb and float voltage settings on the inverter and charge controller
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gracewealth007(f): 11:33pm On May 25, 2022
Please I want to ask, if I want to go off grid and in addition to other normal house hold lightings and TV, I want to use 3 AC (one 2HP and two 1.5 HP) will a 60Kw battery and 12kw solar panel be sufficient? The ac will mostly be used during the day when weather is hot and the two 1.5 hp throughout the night. And all other basic household things like water heater, fridge, freezer, microwave also in the house.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 12:12am On May 26, 2022
gracewealth007:
Please I want to ask, if I want to go off grid and in addition to other normal house hold lightings and TV, I want to use 3 AC (one 2HP and two 1.5 HP) will a 60Kw battery and 12kw solar panel be sufficient? The ac will mostly be used during the day when weather is hot and the two 1.5 hp throughout the night. And all other basic household things like water heater, fridge, freezer, microwave also in the house.

Guys, who will do the needful ? grin grin
Should we tell her ? grin

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 12:59am On May 26, 2022
gracewealth007:

For the 2 ACs alone you are looking at 48kwh from 6pm to 6am, am not sure the remaining 12kwh will be sufficient for the rest of your load. However I suggest you start with what you have planned and then you can scale up in future or just turn off the ACs when batteries are running low wink

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hollawayn05(m): 6:48am On May 26, 2022
Good morning great minds..
Can some one recommend a good mppt cc for me..
I am Base on ibadan..
And will any of the below be recommended?system is 24v PVC and 12 volt baterry, formerly using a 60amps PWM cc but wahal Wan kill Me with low charge

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 6:59am On May 26, 2022
kiekie1:
Victron multiplus up for grab!!

Victron multiplus compact 700 watt 24v pure sinewave wall mount inverter .

Feature:
1600w peak power !
3 - 10w idle power consumption !!

Condition: Neatly used and functional.

Brand new worth:$904
FLATRATE PRICE: N90,000

FLASH SALE!

EP30 pro 1000w 12v pure sine wave power inverter.

Sparingly used.. Tamper sticker still intact on inverter casing

Features:
-Pure sine wave output
-AC/Battery priority switch
-Auto generator start
-Adjustable charge setting
-Inbuilt pure copper transformer
-Capable of starting 1hp electric motor
-Low battery disconnect
-50/60 Hertz auto sense

FIRM PRICE: N80,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Keep the calls coming...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 7:01am On May 26, 2022
HURRY!! LIMITED STOCK!!!

Brand new 1000 watts 12v Pure sine wave power Inverter (no charging feature).

Ideal for users on a budget and for keeps as rainy-day backup.Ideal for campers. Ideal for 12v off-grid systems "optional external battery charger can be attached to supplement solar array against periodic rainy weather". Ideal for automobile uses ensuring pure sine wave safe output.

Actual/Continuous power is 1000w. Peak power is 2000w. Soft start feature enhances smooth powering of refrigerator, sensitive appliances.
Idle watt consumption 7 watts.

Protection features:
-Low voltage shutdown
-Over voltage shutdown
-Short circuit shutdown
-Over temperature shutdown
-Overload protection
-Polarity reverse fuse protection
-Earth leakage protection

Firm Price: 40,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 7:21am On May 26, 2022
olopan:
Thank you,

I will fix this inside, by the way you could be experiencing the false power draw thanks to a cable of not properly dimensioned.

Try and check your cables e.g, if you moving long distance within your property & 2.5mm is your cable try changing to 4mm.

Sintolord has a more robust experience & could share some insights with you.

Cable is 6mm², maybe the 1HP is not really 1HP
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 8:03am On May 26, 2022
gracewealth007:

Call/chat 08117398294 for professional installation and consult.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 8:08am On May 26, 2022
Hollawayn05:
Good morning great minds..
Can some one recommend a good mppt cc for me..
I am Base on ibadan..
And will any of the below be recommended?system is 24v PVC and 12 volt baterry, formerly using a 60amps PWM cc but wahal Wan kill Me with low charge

We have quality mppt charge controllers
Powmr 60a - 63k
Must 60a - 100k
Must 100a - 135k
Epever 60a - 125k

We deliver nationwide.
Call/chat 08117398294 to order now

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 8:13am On May 26, 2022
brightk:
fellow nairalanders pls come to my aid. i contacted a friend to purchase some pv modules.. Initial calculation was to get 300w*4 panels to charge a 4.8kwh lifepo4 battery.. Even the battery sef get e own story.. I am using an epever 30a 100v mppt controller

At first i didnt pay attention to what the panel was generating . But i later began to find out that the whole thing was not performing.. Pv modules are africell 300w.. According to my the installer whom i purchased the pvs from the connection was done in parallels. i was getting 29v 10-12a (pv input) during peak hours... This to me was unacceptable... even if there was a longer cable run because i leave down stairs (a storey building). When issues arose as to leakages on the roof i was determined to use the opportunity to check the panels . I borrowed a pv meter and the testing was done off peak hours on just one panel.. voltage and current were about 22v and 4.99a. which translated to 110w.

Now i changed the connection to 2series parallel 2 series.. My readings were sometimes 45/47v 5/6a, 50v/3a during peak period (pv input)...

I am beginning to think i was sold panels with stickers of questionable datasheet.. On a second thought if the panels were living up to expectations, the current in parralel was very close to my pv input current and the installer carried out the connection in parallel to the detriment of my controller.... E come be like say my journey into the solar industry na wrong entry

Buy and install quality solar panels from reputable and professional installers. They are slightly expensive both in product and services but will save you all this stress. You also get to get good consult.

We have done some powerful installations for many influencial people on this thread.

Call/chat - 08117398294 for professional installation.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 8:17am On May 26, 2022
zeestone99:

Buy and install quality solar panels from reputable and professional installers. They are slightly expensive both in product and services but will save you all this stress. You also get to get good consult.

We have done some powerful installations for many influencial people on this thread.

Call/chat - 08117398294 for professional installation.
Are you saying the panels are substandard?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nnekaojeah: 12:38pm On May 26, 2022
Pls guys, I need serious help here. I recently got 2pieces of luminous battery 220ah,60amp charge controller, 2.5kva mopower inverter, 3pieces of 300w panels to power an inverter fridge,
1 55" television, 2 ceiling fans, and some energy saving bulbs. The first day it was installed,the battery showed 94% charged from the manufacture. On putting on the load the battery power drained to 38% immediately the power was. The next day I allowed the battery to charge to 100% before putting on loads, from 100% it came down to 42% immediately and that is how it's has been draining even if the inverter fridge is not on. So I started making some research, I saw how they explained what comes with original luminous battery, that it has 12 digits on a label ontop of the battery, the last 4 digits is the month and year the battery was manufactured but the label on mine is 14digits and the last 4 digits doesn't signify month and year. Here's the attached picture of one of the label.

Check and tell us the bulk, absorb and float voltage settings on the inverter and charge controller[/quote]
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nnekaojeah: 12:51pm On May 26, 2022
Nnekaojeah:
Pls guys, I need serious help here. I recently got 2pieces of luminous battery 220ah,60amp charge controller, 2.5kva mopower inverter, 3pieces of 300w panels to power an inverter fridge,
1 55" television, 2 ceiling fans, and some energy saving bulbs. The first day it was installed,the battery showed 94% charged from the manufacture. On putting on the load the battery power drained to 38% immediately the power was. The next day I allowed the battery to charge to 100% before putting on loads, from 100% it came down to 42% immediately and that is how it's has been draining even if the inverter fridge is not on and with just the television it doesn't last up to 2hours of usage. So I started making some research, I saw how they explained what comes with original luminous battery, that it has 12 digits on a label ontop of the battery, the last 4 digits is the month and year the battery was manufactured but the label on mine is 14digits and the last 4 digits doesn't signify month and year. Here's what the label has. A1MDBHE1513395.... luminous battery users kindly help me out to know if the fault is from my batteries or the charge controller.

Check and tell us the bulk, absorb and float voltage settings on the inverter and charge controller
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 1:12pm On May 26, 2022
[quote author=Nnekaojeah post=113191969][/quote]

1. How long does the 42% last?
2. The inverter might have high self consumption (is the 42% before you start turning things on?)
3. Anyone else can contribute
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 2:27pm On May 26, 2022
mctfopt:

Cway water dispenser 800w

1 cooker ring- 1500w to 1800w

Average inverter fridge/freezer combo standing fridge - 135w

Measured my 1HP sumo pump current draw and got 6.5A @ 215v which translates to 1395w...dunno if the 1HP is truly 1HP grin

My 1.5HP consumes about 2.3 Watts too. Inefficient devices.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 2:35pm On May 26, 2022
IYGEAL:
SMK 24V 3KW HYBRID INVERTER FOR SALE

Specs: (see also the attached photo)

24V DC (compatible with lithium batteries)

3.5KVA output power

4000Watts MPPT Charge Controller

Adjustable charging parameters

120 - 500 High MPPT Voltage Range

100A AC charging current

Price: N180,000

Still up for grabs

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Eazeee(m): 3:08pm On May 26, 2022
zeestone99:

Call/chat - 08117398294

cant you just state the price here? is it a secret?

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samir101ng(m): 3:10pm On May 26, 2022
Nnekaojeah:
1 55" television, 2 ceiling fans, and some energy saving bulbs. The first day it was installed,the battery showed 94% charged from the manufacture. On putting on the load the battery power drained to 38% immediately the power was. The next day I allowed the battery to charge to 100% before putting on loads, from 100% it came down to 42% immediately and that is how it's has been draining even if the inverter fridge is not on. So I started making some research, I saw how they explained what comes with original luminous battery, that it has 12 digits on a label ontop of the battery, the last 4 digits is the month and year the battery was manufactured but the label on mine is 14digits and the last 4 digits doesn't signify month and year. Here's the attached picture of one of the label.

1. Use a multi-meter to get the accurate voltage of each 12v battery. This tells you the stage of charge of the battery. If it is tubular also check the electrolyte levels to make sure it is within gauge.
2. Find out from the data sheet of the batteries the accurate settings for the bulk, absorb and float charging states.
3. Normally, when you get a new battery from a dealer, you are expected to give it a boost charge and top it to 100%. Then allow it to rest a bit in float stage before now adding loads to it. Many people skip this stage and start using a battery in a partial stage of charge thereby leading to such issues.
4. What are the specs for your solar panels (Voc, Vmp, Isc) and are they wired correctly (series/parallel) to deliver the correct charge ?
5. What settings have you put on your inverter for your depth of discharge considering that lead acid batteries should not be discharge lower than 50% of their capacity ?

All the above checklist is moot if ab initio your products (solar panel & battery) are not genuine and therefore will not perform at their rated capacities. Only buy from authorized dealers to avoid issues like these and seek replacement if there is any genuine fault.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 4:13pm On May 26, 2022
Check individual volt n amps of ur panels with clamp meter. I wanted to buy some used panels of 250w from alaba. I noticed the panel was showing 38v thereabout just for me to test amps n see 0.33a. n it was around 10:30 in d morning.
brightk:

Are you saying the panels are substandard?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 4:48pm On May 26, 2022
3.2v 100ah and 105ah grade A lifepo4 lithium cells available at 35,000 and 36500 respectively. serious discounts on 8pcs and above.
we can now assemble in high quality HDF wooden box at very cheap prices. metal boxes will be available soon
12v 100ah/105ah assembled in a nice HDF wooden box,quality JBD 120A bms, 10mm battery terminals, voltmeter and quality 16mm cables =175k/180k
24v 100ah/105ah assembled in nice HDF wooden box. 24v 8s quality 120A JBD bms. 10mm battery terminals and quality 16mm cables =318k/328k. all cells are capacity tested and above rated capacity.
whatsapp me 0802-057-4628

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 6:37pm On May 26, 2022
Jefferyzz:
Check individual volt n amps of ur panels with clamp meter. I wanted to buy some used panels of 250w from alaba. I noticed the panel was showing 38v thereabout just for me to test amps n see 0.33a. n it was around 10:30 in d morning.
i only checked one panel with a pv meter. it was showing 22v and 4.99a (btw 1.30-2.30) translating to the 110w shown on the pv. i didn't check on the rest because they were same specs
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dapsyra(m): 7:03pm On May 26, 2022
Used or new?

IYGEAL:

Still up for grabs
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 7:41pm On May 26, 2022
dapsyra:
Used or new?

Less than 1 month used. Replaced because I attempted to unscrew the PV while it's on. Bought growatt and later got this one fixed.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:42pm On May 26, 2022
ojeysky:
230AH New Eve cells available can sell in minimum of 8 units @75k each. Comes with Busbar, nuts and screws

Call/WhatsApp: 08035233535

8 units still available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 7:57pm On May 26, 2022
Then the maybe it's not true rating

mctfopt:

Cable is 6mm², maybe the 1HP is not really 1HP
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gracewealth007(f): 9:46pm On May 26, 2022
ojeysky:

For the 2 ACs alone you are looking at 48kwh from 6pm to 6am, am not sure the remaining 12kwh will be sufficient for the rest of your load. However I suggest you start with what you have planned and then you can scale up in future or just turn off the ACs when batteries are running low wink

Thanks for your reply sir. But sorry how did u come up with 48kw? By my newbie calculation I assumed two 1.5hp to be about 3kw. And for 12 hours (6pm -6am) that should be 36kw right?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 10:44pm On May 26, 2022
samir101ng:

Guys, who will do the needful ? grin grin
Should we tell her ? grin

cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) (1185) ... (1684) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Drgreatone, moneyest(m), otis54(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.