Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2049430 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1177) (1178) (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) ... (1684) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by islamics(m): 3:07pm On May 20, 2022
Hello House,
Be like I don be victim of lead acid not the best oooo.
Is it possible to wake/charge dead lead acid battery? cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
My ba3 drained completely, so I took it to where I can charge it but was told it won't charge as the thing no get even small charge.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by islamics(m): 3:08pm On May 20, 2022
HeadofNairaland:

If he knew his work well, it should work 100%.
The guy got it working.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeadofNairaland: 3:16pm On May 20, 2022
islamics:

The guy got it working.
Nice
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeadofNairaland: 3:17pm On May 20, 2022
islamics:
Hello House,
Is it possible to wake/charge dead lead acid battery? cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
My ba3 drained completely, so I took it to where I can charge it but was told it won't charge as the thing no get even small charge.

Wat voltage is it?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 3:42pm On May 20, 2022
islamics:
Hello House,

My small souer 10a charger has woken car battery from 0v more than once.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:17pm On May 20, 2022
ebocoms:
I pulled 209AH on that day but had to turned off the inverter manually that day. You can see it from my customized emoncms picture attached (Day Deepest Discharged). The data is from my BMV 702.

I see it's the 24v 250 model and they've written that it's 5kwh usable.....so that means you pulled 5kwh as advertised.... assuming your BMV meter is accurate I will say that's unlike Felicity but that's good of them!

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by LogicBomb8: 12:50am On May 21, 2022
Someone said that techfine product inverters and charge controllers are the best please house how true is that? If not what other brand gives the best inverters, batteries and charge controllers

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by islamics(m): 9:54am On May 21, 2022
HeadofNairaland:

Wat voltage is it?
Na 12v battery.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by islamics(m): 9:56am On May 21, 2022
gadgetplanetng:

My small souer 10a charger has woken car battery from 0v more than once.
The place I went to charge it told me that na car ba3 person fit wake from 0v.
Well I was able to get charger/booster last nyt and attached is the picture of the charging/boosting.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:57am On May 21, 2022
HURRY!! LIMITED STOCK!!!

Brand new 1000 watts 12v Pure sine wave power Inverter (no charging feature).

Ideal for users on a budget and for keeps as rainy-day backup.Ideal for campers. Ideal for 12v off-grid systems "optional external battery charger can be attached to supplement solar array against periodic rainy weather". Ideal for automobile uses ensuring pure sine wave safe output.

Actual/Continuous power is 1000w. Peak power is 2000w. Soft start feature enhances smooth powering of refrigerator, sensitive appliances.
Idle watt consumption 7 watts.

Protection features:
-Low voltage shutdown
-Over voltage shutdown
-Short circuit shutdown
-Over temperature shutdown
-Overload protection
-Polarity reverse fuse protection
-Earth leakage protection

Firm Price: 40,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 10:08am On May 21, 2022
islamics:
Hello House,

What type of lead acid agm, gel or flooded do you have.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emyfine08: 10:41am On May 21, 2022
what type of inverter are you using?
hope you configured it properly to charge lifepo4 battery?

felicity uses different battery types in their packs, some good, most fair..and a few downright not good.
so yours might be among the few good ones, if everyother thing check d out ok. hv seen felicity pack with cheap used byd cell packs inside[/quote]
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emyfine08: 10:45am On May 21, 2022
I don't use inverter to charge it is only Soler panel 350w by 12 we don't have nepa
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emyfine08: 11:14am On May 21, 2022
whiteMandingo:

what type of inverter are you using?
hope you configured it properly to charge lifepo4 battery?

felicity uses different battery types in their packs, some good, most fair..and a few downright not good.
so yours might be among the few good ones, if everyother thing check d out ok. hv seen felicity pack with cheap used byd cell packs inside
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by emyfine08: 11:15am On May 21, 2022
emyfine08:
I don't use inverter to charge it is only Soler panel 350w by 12 we don't have nepa
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by islamics(m): 11:35am On May 21, 2022
samnaija:

What type of lead acid agm, gel or flooded do you have.

Modified: I have seen it on the label too. Na AGM

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 2:37pm On May 21, 2022
Available now

3.5kw 24v 100a 500vdc input -250k
5.5kw 48v 100a 500vdc input - 310k

Call/chat - 08117398294

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeadofNairaland: 4:31pm On May 21, 2022
islamics:

Na 12v battery.

I meant present voltage of d 12v battery
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by LogicBomb8: 5:59pm On May 21, 2022
LogicBomb8:
Someone said that techfine product inverters and charge controllers are the best please house how true is that? If not what other brand gives the best inverters, batteries and charge controllers
Every input is appreciated
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 8:21pm On May 21, 2022
islamics:

Modified: I have seen it on the label too. Na AGM

This battery how much did you buy it and when?.is it between 70-90k.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 12:09pm On May 22, 2022
10kwh Kartel lithium battery available, #1,200,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 12:10pm On May 22, 2022
5kwh 24v Kartel lithium battery available, #750,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 12:12pm On May 22, 2022
220Ah 12v lumitech tubular battery available, #130,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 12:13pm On May 22, 2022
10kwh 48v felicity lithium battery available, #1,200,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 12:15pm On May 22, 2022
60w All in one felicity solar street light available, #160,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hollawayn05(m): 12:40pm On May 22, 2022
ceaser:

@bolded is quite untrue.

The MC4s are designed to ensure perfect and fit contact with themselves. They are weatherproof and designed to last the lifetime of the panel. They are also rated to handle the current that flows from the panels. That is why arcing is quite uncommon at their points of contacts when used in installation, whereas the naked wires (after the MC4s are decapitated) will form arcs when huge current passes across the twist junction. This gradually weakens the joint and eventually the joint burns out, disrupting flow from the panels down to the CC, hence your voltmeter may give correct voltage reading at the termination on the CC, but no current will be detected by the CC. The naked wires too (even with black tape insulation used), are prone to oxidation as they get exposed to the elements.

So if the problem of arcing does not occur soon, oxidation will definitely come along later. The wire develops depositions, the strands become brittle and break off easily. You don't want to have this kind of problem if your panels are roof mounted where they are not within easy reach.

I guessed as much.

If your panels are roof mounted, sorry you will have to climb back on the roof. If it is a weak joint, twist the wires well. If it is an arc joint (with dark burnt junction and melted insulation), then you have to cut off the bad section and make another twist. After the correction, check back on the CC to see if its charging.

But I can assure you that the problem will likely repeat itself later on as it has to do with the junction not being optimal for the current coming from the panel.

So your best bet, which I implore you to do, is to purchase MC4s and rẹ-fit back to the panel wires.

Thanks so much
I just got a meter, the cable reads 33v when removed from the cc, but reads 12.5v after inserting into the cc, I have climbed the roof top check the joint, theres no acrk or so but I haave retwisted and still the cc dint display the real volt I got from the pv
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 1:10pm On May 22, 2022
PWM charge controllers behave the way you just described when you connect a 24v panel to a 12v battery.

They drag the voltage down to battery voltage so you end up using half the panel capacity.
An mppt would use the panel voltage and adjust current accordingly.

But it should still charge

1. You should be able to adjust the charge settings in the cc
2. You can get an MPPT cc
3. You can get 12v (18v) panels

I'd have added upgrading your battery bank to 24v but I've not had a good experience with pwm and 24v.

Hollawayn05:

Thanks so much
I just got a meter, the cable reads 33v when removed from the cc, but reads 12.5v after inserting into the cc, I have climbed the roof top check the joint, theres no acrk or so but I haave retwisted and still the cc dint display the real volt I got from the pv

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by islamics(m): 6:05pm On May 22, 2022
HeadofNairaland:

I meant present voltage of d 12v battery

Okay, I didn't get voltmeter to test it immediately. Hoping to get one soon.
Though based on booster reading should be around 11.5

The ba3 has come up, na light I dey wait for to further boost the ba3.
Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by islamics(m): 6:05pm On May 22, 2022
samnaija:

This battery how much did you buy it and when?.is it between 70-90k.
Bought it 115, December last year.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 8:16pm On May 22, 2022
islamics:

Thanks.

Well great charge it very well, with utility , we are in rainy season. It should pick , so far it is not a gel battery,
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeadofNairaland: 8:53pm On May 22, 2022
islamics:

Thanks.

Ok cool.
Just try save up to upgrade to lithium.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by islamics(m): 9:42pm On May 22, 2022
HeadofNairaland:

Ok cool.
Just try save up to upgrade to lithium.
Hopefully it is sooner than later.

samnaija:

Well great charge it very well, with utility , we are in rainy season. It should pick , so far it is not a gel battery,

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (1177) (1178) (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) ... (1684) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: buzzetin(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.