Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,279 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2044008 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1214) (1215) (1216) (1217) (1218) (1219) (1220) ... (1679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 10:06am On Jul 29, 2022
Namzy:
I'm noticing most lifepo4 batteries on aliexpress is free shipping and highly affordable if you can get the dollars at bank rate. With $450 you can get 8 cell 3.2v 280 to 310ah shipped. I mean can it all be a scam?

Am really hoping, someone can try this, so we can know for certain if its scam or not.
The price is too good to be true, yet good reviews from other foreign buyers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 10:23am On Jul 29, 2022
sharks776:

That is the exact type of inverter

Ok, do you know the idle consumption/no load consumption? Have you measured it?
Please I would like to know.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 10:24am On Jul 29, 2022
sharks776:
I installed 1 wakatek 5kw battery and later added another after 3 weeks. The 2 are in parallel. The last one I installed is making a kind of fuming noise when charging with grid from my Felicity inverter. So I checked the charger amps which was set at 40a. I reduced it to 30a but could still hear the fuming sound from battery number 2. I had to reduce all the way to 10a b4 it became quiet.

Pls does anyone know the right charge AC charging points for this batteries.
For now am only charging from PV.

Aren't they lithium batteries ?
Maybe the voltage setting is higher than required.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Juror: 10:41am On Jul 29, 2022
olopan:
Vmpower has editable options but I will find through the manual and revert back to you soon

It is an hybrid
30A PWM controller and also transformerless

is it transformer based?
Can the voltage settings be adjusted or it just has option of choosing preset voltages ?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 10:41am On Jul 29, 2022
sharks776:
I installed 1 wakatek 5kw battery and later added another after 3 weeks. The 2 are in parallel. The last one I installed is making a kind of fuming noise when charging with grid from my Felicity inverter. So I checked the charger amps which was set at 40a. I reduced it to 30a but could still hear the fuming sound from battery number 2. I had to reduce all the way to 10a b4 it became quiet.

Pls does anyone know the right charge AC charging points for this batteries.
For now am only charging from PV.

isolate the battery packs...and connect to the inverter, leave it at 40amps charging current. that way you can see the particular pack that has an issue.

the right ac charging points?? ??/..this isn't very clear...if its dc charge voltage range...check the body of the battery it should be written there...the inbuilt bms of lithium battery pack..usually would make any noise if you feed it higher than normal voltage. it would simply trigger a disconnect .

how did u do the parallel connection?..you used a busbar?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dbshaywhy(m): 11:24am On Jul 29, 2022
Good day professional... I've been trying to source another battery for my dead 13 months battery... Which particular one could I opt for and a direct seller I can get it from with warranty.
Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 11:38am On Jul 29, 2022
Jefferyzz:
Jumia n AliExpress. Both are 50,500 with shipping

Thanks a lot
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 12:30pm On Jul 29, 2022
mctfopt:

Where can you get PowMr MPPT for 50k? Drop link. Thanks

URL: https://www./powmr-60a-mppt-solar-charge-controller-12243648v-92563941.html

It's actually 56k plus some fraction if you add shipping fee as the fraction is based on your location.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 3:01pm On Jul 29, 2022
Jefferyzz:
Techfine mppt

Please drop link for this.

How effective is PowMr 60a MPPT cc?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 3:07pm On Jul 29, 2022
TechGeek777:

Thanks a million for your direct answers I greatly appreciate it.

I still have some questions itemized below:

1. Will 60A charge controller be suitable with this system that can charge Tubular battery?

2. Which budget (50k - Max 80k) quality MPPT CC would you recommend & Amp?

3. Do I still need battery charger since am using MPPT, if yes how many Amp?

4. With the above devices, do I still need Battery Desulphator/Desulfator Rejuvenator?

5. Which budget (50k - Max 80k) quality 300W 24v Panel would you recommend?

NB: Please I know the questions are much, but it's good I know what am going into to avoid regret!

@earthrealm please am still waiting for these, others can also contribute to it
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 4:12pm On Jul 29, 2022
I got mine from jiji. D guys office dey alaba. I went there to inspect b4 I paid.

That particular powmr cc no dey consistent with values of the BMS according to reviews online. I'm not using it but I once considered it b4 going for techfine.
According to what I read. Without load he go show 61a on d screen, meanwhile it's outputting around 50a to battery. So just no u're getting 50a. If u're lucky u might get full 60a. U should check out reviews on AliExpress, Amazon, YouTube n oda purchase/review sites

Techfine mppt cc has info of harvest, Lifepo4 charging profile n editable voltages plus u can use it for wide voc of up to 150vdc, even has password to settings so any1 won't come n change ur settings, app option dey sef but u'll need an adapter for that which will allow u make adjustments without touching the cc.
TechGeek777:

Please drop link for this.

How effective is PowMr 60a MPPT cc?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 4:43pm On Jul 29, 2022
guys,
pls who has used naira mastercard of either uba or gtb to make any online payment as recently as last 1 or 2months?
can you spend up to $100? my first bank and zenith cards are capped at $20 max down from $100.
this is as good as saying "don't use our cards to make any online payments". lolz. grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 4:53pm On Jul 29, 2022
GeorgeD1:
guys,
pls who has used naira mastercard of either uba or gtb to make any online payment as recently as last 1 or 2months?
can you spend up to $100? my first bank and zenith cards are capped at $20 max down from $100.
this is as good as saying "don't use our cards to make any online payments". lolz. grin

My GTB card worked on a 21usd purchase on AliExpress so I guess it's increased from 20usd
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 5:36pm On Jul 29, 2022
ojeysky:

My GTB card worked on a 21usd purchase on AliExpress so I guess it's increased from 20usd

ok bro. tanx.
let's wait for more responses
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 5:41pm On Jul 29, 2022
GeorgeD1:
guys,
not working at the moment. i tried, 100$, 98$, 88$ all failed today.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 5:46pm On Jul 29, 2022
Transformerless

Preset voltages

Juror:

is it transformer based?
Can the voltage settings be adjusted or it just has option of choosing preset voltages ?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 5:55pm On Jul 29, 2022
Valto:
not working at the moment. i tried, 100$, 98$, 88$ all failed today.

Gt bank is now 20usd limit as from today
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 8:46pm On Jul 29, 2022
earthrealm:

Gt bank is now 20usd limit as from today

chai, nah wao , derisgod oooh! no doubt all these banks dey one meeting.
anything that happens in one of them just be certain it's a matter of time
before others replicate it
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 2:04am On Jul 30, 2022
GeorgeD1:

chai, nah wao , derisgod oooh! no doubt all these banks dey one meeting.
anything that happens in one of them just be certain it's a matter of time
before others replicate it

This country called nigeria has gone to the dogs, the country is backrupt, no dollars to sp3nd again.

Loan repayment is 3x revenue, what more do you expect.
Standard chartered bank still has 50usd monthly limit, but it will drop to zero usd as from 1st August and likely other banks will follow suit.

Dollar go likely hit 1k, b4 December

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sharks776(m): 5:50am On Jul 30, 2022
Namzy:
I'm noticing most lifepo4 batteries on aliexpress is free shipping and highly affordable if you can get the dollars at bank rate. With $450 you can get 8 cell 3.2v 280 to 310ah shipped. I mean can it all be a scam?

Be ver careful and vigilant when buying Lifepo4 from AliExpress. Those Chinese guys are crooks sometimes. They might end up shipping you substandard or used batteries
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 10:51am On Jul 30, 2022
At almost all exposed ATMs I have seen these batteries, what kind of batteries are they?

In at least one instance, I have seen an installation not for ATM but for an office but with some 200 of these connected together.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 11:43am On Jul 30, 2022
kiekie1:

Pure sine wave power inverters:
Schneider hybrid 1.5kva ..... 95,000
Afripower hybrid 1.1kva 12v ..... 93,000
Afripower hybrid 1kva 12v (non hybrid) ..70,000
Afripower 2.5kva 24v (non hybrid).... 125,000

Lagos but can be dispatched / Way billed as usual at buyers expense .

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5
Can i get the fuse for the afripower 1kva hybrid inverter. Based in Abk and have gone round but not bin able to get the same size
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by WantsandMore: 12:07pm On Jul 30, 2022
How much does this cost now ?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 12:29pm On Jul 30, 2022
WantsandMore:
How much does this cost now ?

the range

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obascoetubi: 1:08pm On Jul 30, 2022
earthrealm:

Its in the same league as luminous, simba grin grin
i call them dumb inverters, they dont write anything, nor have editable charge voltage setting...it was a digital multimeter i used to measure that of luminous

Most china/indian inverter below 2kva are usually budget systems, designed for 1 or 2 batteries, for the budget user..expected to give him 2 or 3 urs service. If you have solar...you can set ur cc properly..it will help counteract the ill effects from the inverter.

Luminous still carried on with such poor designs in their 4kva 48v inverter models
so which 5kva inverter is the best?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obascoetubi: 1:33pm On Jul 30, 2022
Namzy:
what is special about those battery compare to normal battery?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BRIGHTSOLAR(m): 2:08pm On Jul 30, 2022
GeorgeD1:
guys,

Try Stanbic IBTC card is cap @ $50
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by WantsandMore: 3:17pm On Jul 30, 2022
FEGEITOK:

the range
Thanks Boss
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 4:34pm On Jul 30, 2022
BRIGHTSOLAR:

Try Stanbic IBTC card is cap @ $50

tanx bro. appreciate
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 6:05pm On Jul 30, 2022
PROMO SALES!!

Brand new 10kwh 48v Lithium battery available.

Fixed Price: 1.250m

Product Warranty: 5 years

Hurry while stock lasts.

Contact,
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 6:10pm On Jul 30, 2022
FEGEITOK:
At almost all exposed ATMs I have seen these batteries, what kind of batteries are they?

In at least one instance, I have seen an installation not for ATM but for an office but with some 200 of these connected together.

Looks like low voltage high capacity lead acid batteries; the kind Oga GeorgeD1 used in his famous lead acid pack.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 6:20pm On Jul 30, 2022
HURRY! DISTILLED WATER & ELECTROLYTES FOR SALE!!

We are still committed to giving you the best quality of distilled water in the industry..

We look forward to working with you also to ensure excellence in your tubular battery periodic maintenance .

Distilled water (1L×12 pack)
= 7000

Distilled water 25 Litres = 7000 (Selling free 25L Gallon)(BUY 2 GALLONS & GET A 5L FREE)

Distilled water 5 Litres = 1500 (PROMO: BUY 12 units get 2 free)*

Hydrometer = N3000

Electrolyte 25 Litres = 12,000 (with free 25L Industrial Gallon)...

All available at Abule-egba , Lagos but can be dispatched to any state/location under buyers expense.

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951

(1) (2) (3) ... (1214) (1215) (1216) (1217) (1218) (1219) (1220) ... (1679) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Elkrypto(m), kristien4(m), isangjohnson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.