Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,257 members, 7,953,964 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:56 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2292886 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (1809) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 11:28am On Dec 06, 2011
obnelly,
you have made the wisest decision so far. you cannot enjoy fta without a stable power supply.
and that is where inverters come in.

power at the tip of your fingers, when you need it, where you need it. free from noise, smoke
or heat. what could be more cool than that?  smiley
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obnelly: 11:58am On Dec 06, 2011
Thanks George,i think i need to power 1 lcd tv,2 standing fan,energy saving bulb(6) and satellite receiver for 10-12hrs per day.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 12:16pm On Dec 06, 2011
I HEARD that its beta to use the 2v 400ah/200ah batteries in series than 1 single 12v 200ah battery, some1 said the single cell batteries [2v] are beta than the multiple cell [12v] batterires.can some1 pls confirm, also any idea on the cost of the 2v batteries?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obnelly: 2:26pm On Dec 06, 2011
George,am thinking between cyberpower and mopower inverter.what do you suggest?I need the most rugged type for 1kva and good 200ah 12v battery.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 3:10pm On Dec 06, 2011
earthrealm,
go for 2v/400ah if you have the space but why most people go for 12v/200ah is because its more compact and less space consuming.

obnelly,
cyberpower is your best bet. forget mopower.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obnelly: 6:01pm On Dec 06, 2011
Thanks George.battery and inverter will be cybepower.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ikiriye(m): 6:52pm On Dec 06, 2011
@Obnelly
welcome to our club,very soon u will be a spokes man for this forum.once again welcome.hope we can chat dis night
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obnelly: 9:54pm On Dec 06, 2011
Apart from inverter and batteries what are some other items I will need to purchase.Remember I will start with generator as power thereafter I will change to solar.Kindly give me the list.I have the contact of cyberpower here in Lagos.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ikiriye(m): 11:58pm On Dec 06, 2011
@obnelly
just your inverter and battery dats all.if u get the 2nd battery,u will need a 10-12mm cable and lug to either connect in series or parallel depending on d inverter.make d cable short as possible cheers
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by vabrida: 12:07am On Dec 07, 2011
Whats the difference between 12v 200ah and 24volts 200ah deep cycle batteries?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 9:59am On Dec 07, 2011
vabrida,
there are no 24v, 200ah batteries for domestic use - at least not in this part of the world. what you have is 12v, 200ah.

obnelly,
include at least a 5kva voltage stabilizer if you intend to use your inverter with public power. this is very important to safeguard against voltage fluctuations which could harm your inverter. i advise binatone but you could also any other good brand.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obnelly: 10:26am On Dec 07, 2011
Pls do u have any idea how much 5kva is selling in the market ,just to have the price range in the market.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obnelly: 10:33am On Dec 07, 2011
George am gonna use 1.5kva petrol generator to power the inverter.will 5kva stabilizer not be too heavy for 1kva inverter.what do you think?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 12:10pm On Dec 07, 2011
obnelly,
sorry. yes 5kva stabilizer is too much for your 1kva inverter.

you can get maybe 2kva stabilizer in case you want to expand in the future.

for binatone that will be around 5k to 6k. my rough guess.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obnelly: 12:57pm On Dec 07, 2011
Ok thanks.you have cyberpower contact in lagos?kindly e-mail :the3muskettiers@gmail.com.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 1:09pm On Dec 07, 2011
hi obnelly,
their contact is on their website.

just click:

http://buyright.biz/contact.php
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ameboperoo(m): 12:10pm On Dec 13, 2011
Oga Geoge, the cyberpower inverter u recomended, I went to their website but they do not have my spec. I need something like 1.5kva. again, the price of the 3.5kva is too high compared to my budget. I saw Luminous interters on the net but I want to know if u have any idea about the quality. Otherwise, i will just go for the tec.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 2:57pm On Dec 13, 2011
ameboperoo,
i thought they used to have 1.5kva for cyber power. maybe just my imagination or it may have been discontinued. as for luminous, i bought their 2.5kva model at a time but was not impressed with it's performance. i had to return it for sukam which i'm using till date.

in case you're interested, sukam has a 1.4kva model and a 2.5kv model but they don't have exactly 1.5kva which you are looking for:

http://www.su-kam.com.ng/products.html
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ameboperoo(m): 5:47pm On Dec 13, 2011
Thanks so much 4 ur prompt reply. 1.4 will be just ok. I'm checking right away.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obijack: 11:02am On Dec 14, 2011
@ameboperoo

There was an advert for  cyberpower (I think) on Tuesday 13/12/2011 PUNCH newspaper  for their 5kva going for N30k and the 1KVA going for N5k.  I am not sure if ita promo or something because the buyright,biz website was included and they even recommended PRAG batteries.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 6:35pm On Dec 14, 2011
obijack,
did you mean 30k for 5kva or 300k? also 5k for 1kva? kindly verify your source.

i know inverter and solar panel prices have dropped of recent but not this low.

we pray it continues to come down though for the sake of the masses.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ameboperoo(m): 6:35am On Dec 15, 2011
I pray this is true o. I'll check sha.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obijack: 8:02am On Dec 15, 2011
@George and Ame,

Just checked the advert again and obviously it was too good to be true.

The advert was like this;

1KVA/12v 3.5KVA/24v 5KVA/48V
N5,000 N15,000 N30,000
[size=5pt][/size]discount discount discount[size=5pt][/size]

Note that there was no mention of the amount that the inverters were going for.

This is kind of deceptive if you ask me.

Sorry guys my bad.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 9:11am On Dec 15, 2011
obijack,
it's certainly too good to be true. if they didn't mention what price the inverters are going for
maybe they just want to be mischievous. on their website, a 5kva inverter is still 235k with a
discount of 30k (when bought with their own prag batteries) and also 15k discount for
the 3.5kva when bought along with their batteries.

i'm beginning to think its a marketing gimmick.

http://buyright.biz/categorylanding/c134
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obnelly: 1:58pm On Jan 02, 2012
George,with 141 naira per liter of petrol hmm i envy you oo.solar is the answer to our prayers.i c why we need alternative energy to run things off national grid.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 2:39pm On Jan 02, 2012
obnelly,
as time goes on, switching to solar will continue to make more sense to those
better informed about its advantages.

the high fuel price issue is just a tip of the iceberg!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by badaru1(m): 5:32pm On Jan 02, 2012
formally I used 40 litres of Pms to run my gen per week but since I installed my inverter,I now use 30 litres per month
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 6:25pm On Jan 02, 2012
badaru,
that's a good way to start. by the time you add solar panels to your system,

you'll discover that even the 30litrs will be further reduced to almost zero litres per month!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by obnelly: 8:20pm On Jan 02, 2012
it all amount to money to get solar panel.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 8:41pm On Jan 02, 2012
yes, my brother but its the same money you spend buying 30ltrs of petrol every month if you're in badaru's shoes.

now just imagine doing that for 25years! that's the minimum depreciation span of a solar panel!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Ikiriye(m): 9:23pm On Jan 02, 2012
@ ALL
i tink dis solar panel tin has come to stay because dis 141-150 per litre will cos a serious brain malfunction in our pockets.george D
i intend using 480ah bank on 500watts load.plz give me solar panels to charge dis bank in 8hrs
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adex2000ng(m): 3:39am On Jan 03, 2012
I am already catching the fever of this inverter and batery and sollar panel stuff. That is the best way to go. It cost me about N5,000 to fill my 30-liter generator yesterday at mobil filing station because of subsidy removal. Now I have included installation of inverternd batteries as a family budget forthe 1st quater ofthis year and I am going for the 5kva inverter so that I can have a solid system like the like of George_D. I must say at this juncture that I appreciate this tread/forum (bookmaked already). I appreciate comments from all especially the expose given by GEORGE_D all the way. I also appreciate nairaland for creating this platform

@George_D, pls I need some information from you to enable me kick-start this project in a big way. U are my role model, lol. Pls forward your e-mail address and phone to my mail box: adex2000ng@yahoo.com. I will be most grateful to get more first hand tutorials from you and others

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (1809) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Abiono28 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.