Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,962 members, 7,825,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2081106 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1374) (1375) (1376) (1377) (1378) (1379) (1380) ... (1704) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by osayuwamwen(m): 5:16am On Mar 26, 2023
This is the Felicity charge controller I bought for 105k, is this one good also, pls u guys should also help me with the name of a good 12v 1.5kva or 1.7kva inverter I should buy and a good flooded tabular battery

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by genius43(m): 5:17am On Mar 26, 2023
osayuwamwen:
This is the Felicity charge controller I bought too, is this one good also

You should have asked this before buying. Not after as well.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by osayuwamwen(m): 5:23am On Mar 26, 2023
Pls is it OK?
genius43:

You should have asked this before buying. Not after as well.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by genius43(m): 5:28am On Mar 26, 2023
osayuwamwen:
Pls is it OK?

What is the size of system you intend to set up?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by osayuwamwen(m): 5:31am On Mar 26, 2023
Either 1.5kva or 1.7kva with one 220ah flooded battery
genius43:

What is the size of system you intend to set up?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by osayuwamwen(m): 5:35am On Mar 26, 2023
Though I plan on upgrading later on
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 7:17am On Mar 26, 2023
My guy cool down. You have bought already, mistake or no mistake, time will tell and you would have learnt from it. Nobody in this forum was born with super knowledge and don't let anybody make you feel you have killed someone. We all learnt one way or the other. We all have our failures in this solar journey- trust me, even the gurus here have wetted their pants before.
Use your panels and CC. It will serve , no matter how small
You have
osayuwamwen:
Though I plan on upgrading later on

14 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 7:26am On Mar 26, 2023
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 7:31am On Mar 26, 2023
osayuwamwen:
I bought this 85k
eeyah, there u have it, a good jinko 400w is around 125k. sorry, deed has been done. if u can get the specs sticker of the said VIP 380 and the pics too. then we can help u crosscheck,
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Bb007: 7:39am On Mar 26, 2023
Valto:
u seem to be using the power guzzling kartel 48v 5kva though. wink
10pcs of original 400w panels is a good start.

Thank you. Please do you know how much for 400w Yingli panels
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by osayuwamwen(m): 7:52am On Mar 26, 2023
I want to buy flooded tabular battery what is the best and most reliable brand for 220ah and also 1.5kva or 1.7kva inverter 12v?
Valto:
eeyah, there u have it, a good jinko 400w is around 125k. sorry, deed has been done. if u can get the specs sticker of the said VIP 380 and the pics too. then we can help u crosscheck,
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sunnystooth(m): 8:27am On Mar 26, 2023
Please I need advice and recommendations on a good inverter to buy. I already have a good MPPT charge controller, and two felicity 200ah batteries with four 300W solar panels. A 24V system connection.
1. What good 2.5KVA to 3.5KVA Inverter should I go for? My budget is 250k max.
2. Which supplier or distributor can you recommend for me that honours warranty?

Thanks in anticipation of helpful response.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 9:05am On Mar 26, 2023
zeestone99:

Just leave them to save money boss.

Someone bought a 300w panel toks for 48k.
He boldly sent me pix he got a good deal, behold they labelled 200w panel for him lol. He didn't even get 250w. They gave him 200w as 300w.
They don't want us to bill them, They will learn the hard way.

I can't stop laughing,
Hard way the only way!!

They are supposed to learn from others mistake, but nooo, I must make my mine. Anyway, good luck to them.

Like I always say: "energy can neither be created nor destroyed, but changes from one form to another"

It's either we take ur money or alaba boys take it, u can't escape any.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 9:09am On Mar 26, 2023
osayuwamwen:
I want to buy flooded tabular battery what is the best and most reliable brand for 220ah and also 1.5kva or 1.7kva inverter 12v?
buy original quanta flooded for 160k or RITAR AGM for 170k

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oloet: 9:10am On Mar 26, 2023
Juror:

Ok... do they still sell them anywhere?

I can't say for now
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 9:16am On Mar 26, 2023
durodee:
My guy cool down. You have bought already, mistake or no mistake, time will tell and you would have learnt from it. Nobody in this forum was born with super knowledge and don't let anybody make you feel you have killed someone. We all learnt one way or the other. We all have our failures in this solar journey- trust me, even the gurus here have wetted their pants before.
Use your panels and CC. It will serve , no matter how small
You have

Lol, he has not ooo

It just hurts when I see people throw away hard earned money.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 9:19am On Mar 26, 2023
osayuwamwen:

Pls don't mention the bolded again,
Buy quanta or ritar or full river abeg.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by osayuwamwen(m): 9:25am On Mar 26, 2023
Any idea on inverter 12v 1.5kva that's not too noisy?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by osayuwamwen(m): 9:30am On Mar 26, 2023
U won't understand, I wanted to go for the best but i Bleep up because even if I had given my installer the money he would have still go for this same low quality panel but I will return it 2moro and use d money to buy battery and assesories from the same shop
Oshomo12:

I can't stop laughing,
Hard way the only way!!

They are supposed to learn from others mistake, but nooo, I must make my mine. Anyway, good luck to them.

Like I always say: "energy can neither be created nor destroyed, but changes from one form to another"

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 9:39am On Mar 26, 2023
osayuwamwen:
U won't understand, I wanted to go for the best but i Bleep up because even if I had given my installer the money he would have still go for this same low quality panel but I will return it 2moro and use d money to buy battery and assesories from the same shop
u are better off using the money to buy a moderate 12v 1.5kva pure sine wave inverter from them, then order RITAR 200ah AGM for 170k. yingli 450w is 120k. yingli lagos office sell both items.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 9:57am On Mar 26, 2023
osayuwamwen:
This is not about saving money, I went through all the store that I know today I did not see that jinko, saw this choice, vip and sunflex or something like that,

Jinko seller will do interstate shipping for you. You don't even need to physically visit their outlet.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 10:00am On Mar 26, 2023
osayuwamwen:
This is the Felicity charge controller I bought for 105k, is this one good also, pls u guys should also help me with the name of a good 12v 1.5kva or 1.7kva inverter I should buy and a good flooded tabular battery

Pretty cool solar charge controller.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 10:11am On Mar 26, 2023
osayuwamwen:
Pls is this solar panel product a good one?

Saw this online

CHOICE 350W MONOCRYSTALLINE SOLAR PANEL KEY SPECIFICATIONS :

Power Max: 350W
Vmp: 36.11V
Imp: 9.69A
Voc: 44.05V
Isc: 10.37A
Cell Size: 156mm
Cells Quantity: 72 PCS
Cells Array: 6*12 PCS
Panel Size: 1950*992*40mm
Weight: 19.5 KG

Why don't u test it first as in right away that the sun is rising. Get a car battery if you don't v access to good inverter battery. Carry out your test on the ground for proper tilting. Test! test!! test!!!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 10:23am On Mar 26, 2023
osayuwamwen:
This is not about saving money, I went through all the store that I know today I did not see that jinko, saw this choice, vip and sunflex or something like that,

Very sorry about your experience. I have an original 370w Jinko with slight cosmetic bruise on the frame for sale, but works fine. Can be paired with a cracked unit I can arrange for you aswell if you so want.

If interested dm me.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 10:31am On Mar 26, 2023
dollarnaira:

Saw this online

CHOICE 350W MONOCRYSTALLINE SOLAR PANEL KEY SPECIFICATIONS :

Power Max: 350W
Vmp: 36.11V
Imp: 9.69A
Voc: 44.05V
Isc: 10.37A
Cell Size: 156mm
Cells Quantity: 72 PCS
Cells Array: 6*12 PCS
Panel Size: 1950*992*40mm
Weight: 19.5 KG

Why don't u test it first as in right away that the sun is rising. Get a car battery if you don't v access to good inverter battery. Carry out your test on the ground for proper tilting. Test! test!! test!!!
those specs at the bolded is for 300w panel. since he can return it, he better use the money buy a 12v inverter from them, then go for original panel. yingli 450w is 120k. he should go for it.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 10:42am On Mar 26, 2023
Valto:
those specs at the bolded is for 300w panel. since he can return it, he better use the money buy a 12v inverter from them, then go for original panel. yingli 450w is 120k. he should go for it.

Cool if it is ok by him.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 11:00am On Mar 26, 2023
osayuwamwen:

Find a trusted installer like us to do your procurements.

It comes at a cost but many people are penny wise and pounds foolish.

There are so many advantages of having professional installer like us handle your project from A-Z.
You get free consultations and learn from our vast past experience. There's is always a solution to your problems.

You are likely to avoid stress during repairs. Some installers will even give you stop gaps. There is a guy saying his afripower is bad and doesn't know where to take it to. A credible installer will handle that with afripower.

Sometimes u can run into issues and you will need equipments you don't have e.g I have lent people external chargers to boost failing batteries, some lithium chargers to wake up bms etc they would have been helpless and taking it from one repair shop to another.

And blablabla

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 11:30am On Mar 26, 2023
Eeeeeeeevvvviiiiiiiiiillllllllllllll grin grin grin grin grin grin

You will not take my money in Jesus name! grin grin grin

Oshomo12:

I can't stop laughing,
Hard way the only way!!

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 11:41am On Mar 26, 2023
Design, install and after sales service different from BalaBlu grin grin grin

The problem is that a noob enters this space and wants to research online and discount the hard worn experience of savvy installers.

Even installers reach out to each other and to recognised subject matter experts for advise and support.

As you said, a competent installer can help deliver a good design and flawless execution and overcome obstacles that would have cost a starting DIYer a lot more money or stress or expensive mistakes.

In the end everyone has to choose their own path because there is a niche and market for each and every - from the penny pinching, poorly informed entry person to the fairly skilled DIYer who paid the price in initial hard lessons and mistakes to the seasoned and well trained professional who has broad experience and depth with various products - all will be alright last last.

zeestone99:

Find a trusted installer like us to do your procurements.

It comes at a cost but many people are penny wise and pounds foolish.

There are so many advantages of having professional installer like us handle your project from A-Z.
You get free consultations and learn from our vast past experience. There's is always a solution to your problems.

You are likely to avoid stress during repairs. Some installers will even give you stop gaps. There is a guy saying his afripower is bad and doesn't know where to take it to. A credible installer will handle that with afripower.

Sometimes u can run into issues and you will need equipments you don't have e.g I have lent people external chargers to boost failing batteries, some lithium chargers to wake up bms etc they would have been helpless and taking it from one repair shop to another.

And blablabla

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 12:03pm On Mar 26, 2023
You can't buy 380W/400W Jinko at that price. 380W Half-Cut Jinko is 114k/115k.

Please return the panel and buy same felicity "IVPS1512" 1.5KVA(i.e. 1200W) 12v.
Note: I read and watch videos where this inverter idle consumption is 9W - 12W max which is pretty cool.

If you are on budget buy Yingli 450W * 2, else buy Jinko 400W/450W if available.

Rita AGM 200Ah or Ask @Valto if he still has 135ah Lifepo4.

Above are my two cents.

Assuming I wanted to power just lights, tv led and fridge, I would have gone for same setup. But I needed to power something bigger for future biz project, hence it will still take me some time.

osayuwamwen:
I bought this 85k
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 12:51pm On Mar 26, 2023
Valto:
400w ke! odi egwu shocked
according to the sticker specs
na low quality 300w panel be that!
max power voltage 36v
max power current 11.11A grin(over stated)
open circuit voltage 44.28v

close eye buy original jinko or yingli panels. don't waste money on that crap!

Boss your assumption may be misleading. He has a 400w panel.

Panel Rating = Vmp X Imp 36 x 11.11A

That it is overstated is another topic, untill tested you cannot assume.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 1:00pm On Mar 26, 2023
osayuwamwen:
Pls is this solar panel product a good one?

You are in the best position to tell us, I hope you bought with warranty in place.

Test the panel and provide feedback most here don't use random panels, they use trusted ones. You can see recommendations and even adverts here!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1374) (1375) (1376) (1377) (1378) (1379) (1380) ... (1704) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: isangjohnson and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.