Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1446) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2059590 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1443) (1444) (1445) (1446) (1447) (1448) (1449) ... (1692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 9:19am On Jul 28, 2023
oweniwe:

I'm being misunderstood.

I'm building the system slowly from ground up.

Total set up at the end of the day is 3,000w panels, 2.5kva inverter, 4 (220v) batteries, Mppt charge controller

At the moment, only one tubular battery and inverter have been purchased.

None of the appliances intended to be used have been purchased too.

So for start, the system will just be used for charging phones, 4 rechargeable fans, and light in night time.

It is much later I hope to buy DC/inverter compliant freezer first , then 1hp inverter AC. But if the system will not be able to very the AC, will just stick with the fans.

So for start, two tubular batteries for one DC 200L freezer, 4 rechargeable fans, lighting and phone charging during day time 8.30-5pm or so daily, I don't think it's too much.

My friend currently uses 2.5kva inverter and two 220ah tubular batteries to power his double for inverter fridge, tv and fans. So I'm not asking for too much

First of all everyone here is telling you the truth , no miss understanding. The load you are prescribing can only work with a big battery bank and a bigger solar array which you don't have.
If you have read through this thread carefully you will understand you don't buy batteries especially tubular pieces at different intervals it is not adviceable.
You can buy a big charge controller and buy your solar panels gradually. Please take time to research before you buy anything, apart from here watch YouTube videos.

Even the 4 tubular batteries is not recommended for Ac use, shortens the life span.
Bigger banks and a even bigger solar array or generation. Minimum 8 tubular batteries.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:29am On Jul 28, 2023
HA02 Battery Equalizer!!

Neatly used Battery equalizer 12-48v available .

Firm Price: N25,000
Picking 2 units: N45,000

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:32am On Jul 28, 2023
SMARTCELL DISTILLED WATER & ELECTROLYTES NOW IN STOCK!!

We are still committed to giving you the best quality of distilled water in the industry...

Join us in our price slash promo .. We look forward to working with you

Distilled water 25 Litres = N10,000 PER 25L GALLON (Selling with free 25L black Gallon)(BUY 4 GALLONS & GET 5L FREE)

Distilled water 25 Litres = N12,000 PER 25L GALLON (Selling with free 25L white Gallon)(BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L FREE)

Distilled water 5 Litres = N2,500 (Selling with free 5L gallon) (PROMO: BUY 12 units get 2 free)

Distilled water 1 Litre (Dozen pack) = N6000 (PROMO: BUY 12 packs & get 1 free)

Hydrometer = N5,000

Electrolyte 5L = N4,000

Electrolyte 25 Litres = N15,000 (with free 25L Industrial Gallon) .. (BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L DISTILLED WATER FREE).

Electrolyte is mixture of sulfuric acid & distilled water having predefined specific gravity or concentration per mol. Smartcell electrolytes maintains 1.245 - 1.275 specific gravity range.

*Deionized H2O Analysis:
*TDS = 0 - 0007 ppm
*PH = 6.8 - 7.0

*APPLICATIONS:
Smartcell deionized water is free of toxins, microbes , pollutants and can be used for:

-Tubular battery periodic top up
- Skin care formulation
- Steam Iron
- Soap making
- Hand sanitizer production
- Cleaning services
- Laboratory
- Automotive radiator Cooling Systems
- Continuous positive airway pressure machines

We're open for dealership discussions. Feel free to reach us via contact details below

*Warehouse Location: Winners estate, Abule-egba , Lagos but can be dispatched to any state on buyers expense.

Contact,

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by loluskysat(m): 11:28am On Jul 28, 2023
How do we get the inverter? Your phone no. please.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dbshaywhy(m): 12:28pm On Jul 28, 2023
Good day professionals...
I will be setting up 24v solar power systems at my new build... Please which of the this brand/other recommended brand of hybrid inverter 3kva - 3.5kva should I opt;
1. Felicity
2. Sorotec
3. Sunmart
4. Must..

Will highly appreciate user review on the listed/recommended branded...
Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 1:37pm On Jul 28, 2023
UP FOR SALE!!

Cyberpower 3.5kva 24v pure sine wave inverter.

Condition: Neatly used & functional

Location: Lagos mainland but can be waybilled to any state under buyers expense

Contact,

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oweniwe(m): 3:44pm On Jul 28, 2023
samnaija:

First of all everyone here is telling you the truth , no miss understanding. .

Even the 4 tubular batteries is not recommended for Ac use, shortens the life span.
Bigger banks and a even bigger solar array or generation. Minimum 8 tubular batteries.

Thanks for the correction. Appreciate
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Justice629(m): 4:53pm On Jul 28, 2023
Worst solar day, and yet pumping water for the tenants lipsrsealed

Raining all day with dark clouds

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 5:19pm On Jul 28, 2023
FEGEITOK:

Will reach out to you this weekend to move things one notch up
Sorry I didn't get back I was able to return it to the Schneider store (First Option).

Now they are telling me it's board damage and it is not covered by warranty.

Is this true for the Schneider Homaya? Because this happened barely one month after purchase and while I've been going back and forth with them, 2 people with inverters (TBB and Soccer Power) have had their inverters repaired under warranty without all this stress.

I honestly regret ever buying that inverter
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by aterejr(m): 6:10pm On Jul 28, 2023
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 6:15pm On Jul 28, 2023
dbshaywhy:
Good day professionals...
I will be setting up 24v solar power systems at my new build... Please which of the this brand/other recommended brand of hybrid inverter 3kva - 3.5kva should I opt;
1. Felicity
2. Sorotec
3. Sunmart
4. Must..

Will highly appreciate user review on the listed/recommended branded...
Thanks

Sorotec vmii
Sorotec vmiii
Sunmart vmiii plus
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mahkanjuh: 6:48pm On Jul 28, 2023
gadgetplanetng:

Sorry I didn't get back I was able to return it to the Schneider store (First Option).

Now they are telling me it's board damage and it is not covered by warranty.

Is this true for the Schneider Homaya? Because this happened barely one month after purchase and while I've been going back and forth with them, 2 people with inverters (TBB and Soccer Power) have had their inverters repaired under warranty without all this stress.

I honestly regret ever buying that inverter

One thing that wowed me about my TBB inverter, it was repaired under warranty, no cost at all, except I took it back to the company/factory. I called a so called electrician to help separate house load, only God knows what he connected one to another, he put on inverter after the so called separation and it was a loud spark, and inverter refused to give output again. But it was fixed without hassles within a day back at the company
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by AinsSama: 7:43pm On Jul 28, 2023
adrusa:
Bragging Time

The last few days have been very cloudy and raining in Ibadan. So, my solar yield has been poor.

This morning I discovered that I have taken 520AH from my lithium battery bank which is about 80% of my total.

I sat down to do the calculation. 520AH at 48V is like draining 12 200AH 12V lead acid batteries to zero. However, given a 50% DoD, already above what is recommended for Lead Acid batteries, I would have needed a bank of 24 200AH 12v batteries.

And even then my system would have shut down because my pumping machine drawing about 2KW and my water heater drawing about 1.5KW still came on at 4:00AM and 5:00AM respectively. Pump for 25 minutes and heater for 90 minutes. Voltage would have gone down low enough to trip the inverter.

If you are not using lithium batteries, you can not appreciate its resilience.

Impressive! Curious though, what's your total battery size and the specification as well?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 7:50pm On Jul 28, 2023
mahkanjuh:

One thing that wowed me about my TBB inverter, it was repaired under warranty, no cost at all, except I took it back to the company/factory. I called a so called electrician to help separate house load, only God knows what he connected one to another, he put on inverter after the so called separation and it was a loud spark, and inverter refused to give output again. But it was fixed without hassles within a day back at the company

The funny part is, I was the one that recommended TBB to the guy who bought it from reviews here.
I don't know what made me buy the Schneider honestly
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dbshaywhy(m): 8:50pm On Jul 28, 2023
zeestone99:

Sorotec vmii
Sorotec vmiii
Sunmart vmiii plus

Thanks for your input and time...
Please I need more input
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 8:53pm On Jul 28, 2023
jinko users in the house.. what is the worst energy generation you have gotten from ur pv array on clooudy days
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 9:37pm On Jul 28, 2023
Justice629:
Worst solar day, and yet pumping water for the tenants lipsrsealed

Raining all day with dark clouds
Lithium battery is really good for those that are staying in the southern Nigeria.
You hardly see this kind of weather in the northern part of Nigeria.
If we are to check the cost of over sizing pv for lead acid battery to be able to effectively charge it in this season, then it may be better to spend less switching to lithium with an average pv installation while managing partial charging of the lifepo4 battery through out this season.
I was seriously worried on how I would charge my lead acid battery to float, at least every two days in this season with 4kw pv on the roof. Most times, I would switched off everything in the house just to pump the available power generated by the pv into the battery. The most painful of it all was when my battery enter absorption, the amps pumping into my batteries was reduced drastically and batteries would not be floated that day. At night, I would discharge it again and the new process would begin the following day. Equalisation was even out of it....
Today, I'm very relaxed and we manage our loads with whatever % we see in the battery bank.
This is our gain with lifepo4 battery especially for people like us running off-grid system, who has made up minds not to switch on generator again at home.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 9:39pm On Jul 28, 2023
gadgetplanetng:

The funny part is, I was the one that recommended TBB to the guy who bought it from reviews here.
I don't know what made me buy the Schneider honestly

Which of the TBB inverter did you recommend?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olopan(m): 10:27pm On Jul 28, 2023
This is always factored and dependent on weather conditions, but lowest I have seen is 105W from a 2,280Wp

BTW I replied your Mail, i don't know if you noticed that.

brightk:
jinko users in the house.. what is the worst energy generation you have gotten from ur pv array on clooudy days
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by futurenix(m): 10:37pm On Jul 28, 2023
If it's brand new you seek, this is 1.5KVA (1.2KW) hybrid with toroidal transformer, 40A MPPT, 15A inbuilt charger and lithium charging profile for 180K.

Landmine1:
If you got a 1.5kva 24volts inverter for sale reach out.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 11:21pm On Jul 28, 2023
olopan:
This is always factored and dependent on weather conditions, but lowest I have seen is 105W from a 2,280Wp

BTW I replied your Mail, i don't know if you noticed that.

Wahala just too much dis period..i don add u up.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Justice629(m): 6:25am On Jul 29, 2023
isangjohnson:

Lithium battery is really good for those that are staying in the southern Nigeria.

isangjohnson:

I totally agree with the quote, the highest SOC since beginning of July to date is 60% and that occurred once this month even with a 6300w pv.

With a terrible power generation this month am still rocking 100% off grid with no downtime but with a serious energy management grin.

My current DOD (8%) now will be fantasy to PB users while truest to lifepo4 shine without breaking a sweat. My DOD and SOC this month fluctuates between 5% to 40% and this will probably be bad for PB batteries.

Attached also is today's forecast which is terrible for my current DOD😭 how do I navigate through this🤦🏾‍♂️

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by haslaw(m): 7:28am On Jul 29, 2023
Good morning gurus in the house,

A colleague had solar panels installed 3 years ago, now he wants to upgrade his solar panels but he's not sure of the type of panels (Mono or Poly) the last installer installed.

Can anyone tell what type and size of solar panels from these pictures?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 7:35am On Jul 29, 2023
Justice629:

I totally agree with the quote, the highest SOC since beginning of July to date is 60% and that occurred once this month even with a 6300w pv.

With a terrible power generation this month am still rocking 100% off grid with no downtime but with a serious energy management grin.

My current DOD (8%) now will be fantasy to PB users while truest to lifepo4 shine without breaking a sweat. My DOD and SOC this month fluctuates between 5% to 40% and this will probably be bad for PB batteries.

Attached also is today's forecast which is terrible for my current DOD😭 how do I navigate through this🤦🏾‍♂️
I guess your battery bank is up to 28,600kwh.....
What type of inverter are you using, is it hybrid?
What type of pv?
This is the time to know the drawing/sucking capacity of various tier 1 and 2 panels.
This is the time to know also how good our charge controllers are. They are some that will not wake up early no matter how we configure our pv. There are some that will wake up very early and sleep late.
Again, some people will still appreciate the low idle power consumption of their inverters this season.
The key word here is "management"
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Obnoxious2001(m): 7:59am On Jul 29, 2023
haslaw:

A colleague had solar panels installed 3 years ago, now he wants to upgrade his solar panels but he's not sure of the type of panels (Mono or Poly) the last installer installed.

poly
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 8:15am On Jul 29, 2023
TechGeek777:

Which of the TBB inverter did you recommend?

12v 1.2kv if I remember correctly
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by haslaw(m): 8:59am On Jul 29, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

poly

OK... Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 9:23am On Jul 29, 2023
gadgetplanetng:

12v 1.2kv if I remember correctly

Okay, tbb is strong and it's Riio Series is about 380k + for 3kva Non-hybrid

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 9:25am On Jul 29, 2023
brightk:
check dm

Replied, check your mail
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 9:27am On Jul 29, 2023
haslaw:

l

Polycrstalline( aka poly).
Will he sell off the above?
Is your Location Lagos?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by waleayeni1: 9:28am On Jul 29, 2023
Landmine1:
If you got a 1.5kva 24volts inverter for sale reach out.
I have a Gloras inverter that fits your specification. But it is used
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Justice629(m): 9:37am On Jul 29, 2023
isangjohnson:

I guess your battery bank is up to 28,600kwh.....
What type of inverter are you using, is it hybrid?
What type of pv?
This is the time to know the drawing/sucking capacity of various tier 1 and 2 panels.
This is the time to know also how good our charge controllers are. They are some that will not wake up early no matter how we configure our pv. There are some that will wake up very early and sleep late.
Again, some people will still appreciate the low idle power consumption of their inverters this season.
The key word here is "management"

Battery bank: 460AH
INVERTER/CC: Growatt es5000
PV: 9, 450w (Original) ERA panels and 5, 450w (fake) Canadian Solar panels. 2p7s.

The inverter low state consumption is about 70w

(1) (2) (3) ... (1443) (1444) (1445) (1446) (1447) (1448) (1449) ... (1692) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.