Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,709 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1449) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2058339 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1446) (1447) (1448) (1449) (1450) (1451) (1452) ... (1691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 9:50pm On Jul 31, 2023
Abeg for us wen nor get money 4 tier 1 panels wat is d way forward..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sharks776(m): 9:51pm On Jul 31, 2023
brightk:

Tier2
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:58pm On Jul 31, 2023
mctfopt:

Don't buy Trina...too many fake there.

You can always Dm me for original tier1 panels. No need to worry about fake.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 10:00pm On Jul 31, 2023
brightk:

It's better to buy 2 unit 450w tier 1 than to use the same amount to buy 4 units tier 3 panels. Thank me later.
Solar project is beyond decorating your roof with panels.

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Mud3x(m): 10:10pm On Jul 31, 2023
Good evening my ogas, I'm looking to set up a solar system( without a hybrid inverter, purely powered via the panels), I'm not sure if 10kwh lithium battery will be good enough but generally want a good system that can serve at least 16 hours light. I stay in the north, so it is sunny.
Fan x3 40W
Fan x2 70W
Laptop 200W
Freezer 175W
Bulb x12 15W
Water heater x1 for an hour
Charging devices- 5 mobile phones
TV - 50W
AC - 520W to 2250W averagely 1650W
Fridge - 90W

That's my estimated load, please any help with the full setup estimation with good brands, I will work with whatever setup value of money is worth it.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 10:20pm On Jul 31, 2023
zeestone99:

You can always Dm me for original tier1 panels. No need to worry about fake.

Reply my request for 30PCS of Original 600w and above Panels.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Justice629(m): 10:31pm On Jul 31, 2023
isangjohnson:

Are you still selling your Era pv?
Yeah, deliberating on number of old panels to retain
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Justice629(m): 10:33pm On Jul 31, 2023
zeestone99:

Sell for me abeg. Dm me Price.

Na joke oh! Bought the panels for personal use
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Justice629(m): 10:34pm On Jul 31, 2023
brightk:
whsts the comparison btw ja solar, jinko and Canadian panels in terms of performance

Mainly Different brands.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 10:40pm On Jul 31, 2023
Justice629:

Na joke oh! Bought the panels for personal use

Justice we go fight. Send me address. Fuel dey motor dey grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 11:33pm On Jul 31, 2023
jonescosmos:

Reply my request for 30PCS of Original 600w and above Panels.

Check my signature for contact.

These bots not smiling these days

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Justice629(m): 11:37pm On Jul 31, 2023
isnigeriadead:
Can you pls state ur marketer here and letz blacklist such dubious persons. you will save many from falling into their hands with their hard earned money. How can u pay high price for a fake panel and causing you another expenses of replacing All. Haba!

No marketer involved, those fake panels where the only 450watts panels I could get at the time and luckily they are as efficient as the original ERA 450watts I have.

Am upgrading my pv with the intent of reusing some of the old at another location.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by yemi2plus(m): 12:15am On Aug 01, 2023
Good morning everyone,

I stumbled upon this thread while researching about solar and inverter solution due to the current economic development.

I plan to set up a 3.5KVA/24V Inverter system without solar panels for now as the tenancy agreement doesn't allow solar panel installation on the roof, but I want a system which allows for solar in the future. I believe that's what is referred to as hybrid system from my research.

This is for a three-bedroom apartment, I plan on getting the items myself and in bit to save cost and reduce the financial pressure on me.

So far, from my research, these are the items I would be needing:

3.5KVA /24V Inverter 1 pcs
200Amp/ Inverter Battery 4 pcs
MPPT charge Controller (24V/60Amp)
Solar Cable
Battery Rack

Please I am seeking for advice and suggestions on the above items, the best brands, best types of items and where to get them.

I am working on a budget of 500K - 800K. My location is Ibadan, Oyo State.

Please I need genuine contribution.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 12:18am On Aug 01, 2023
yemi2plus:
Good morning everyone,

I stumbled upon this thread while researching about solar and inverter solution due to the current economic development.

I plan to set up a 3.5KVA/24V Inverter system without solar panels for now as the tenancy agreement doesn't allow solar panel installation on the roof, but I want a system which allows for solar in the future. I believe that's what is referred to as hybrid system from my research.

This is for a three-bedroom apartment, I plan on getting the items myself to save cost.

3.5KVA /24V Inverter 1 pcs
200Amp/ Inverter Battery 4 pcs
Solar Cable
Battery Rack

Please I am seeking for advice and suggestions on the above items, the best brands, best types of items and where to get them.

I am working on a budget of 500K - 800K. My location is Ibadan, Oyo State.

Please I need genuine contribution.

Sorotec 3.5kva 100a mppt hybrid is 340k
Good lead acid Batteries are over 200k plus

Your budget is small for 4 batteries
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by yemi2plus(m): 12:43am On Aug 01, 2023
zeestone99:

Sorotec 3.5kva 100a mppt hybrid is 340k
Good lead acid Batteries are over 200k plus

Your budget is small for 4 batteries

Thank you!

Actually, I am looking towards lithium batteries, I read that they're more cost effective in the long run.

What would an ideal budget be for the set up?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 2:32am On Aug 01, 2023
Good choice of battery, contact valto for prices
yemi2plus:

Thank you!

Actually, I am looking towards lithium batteries, I read that they're more cost effective in the long run.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by yemi2plus(m): 5:29am On Aug 01, 2023
Jefferyzz:
Good choice of battery, contact valto for prices

Thank you.

Do you have any brand recommendations and their prices?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:23am On Aug 01, 2023
yemi2plus:

Solar Cable

Any need to buy a solar charge controller and cable when your location don't allow solar roof installation?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Edrizz(m): 6:57am On Aug 01, 2023
Of course I would recommend that you get Lithium battery cos it has 100% depth of discharge n little space for its installation

conyema12:

Budget is not the problem at the moment, which one do you recommend
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Israelicc: 7:06am On Aug 01, 2023
Haba Zeestone...😂😂😂😂😂😂. What is the meaning of this na? 1000W Solar panel.🤣🤣🤣 That one go be solar shed na. But these Alaba guys can over do and they will tell you, " my brother this one just come out. Na the latest technology be this"
zeestone99:

I saw 1000w. Mehn man I was stunned.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 8:01am On Aug 01, 2023
@ TechGeek777.
Please, where can someone buy original 350w to 400w panel in Benin. Whether tier 1 or 2 will depend on price.
Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 8:28am On Aug 01, 2023
zeestone99:

It's better to buy 2 unit 450w tier 1 than to use the same amount to buy 4 units tier 3 panels. Thank me later.
Solar project is beyond decorating your roof with panels.
It also depends on what individuals want to achieve.
I decided to cut cost by going for 2 pcs of 350w Felicity panels instead of tier 1 panels. All the power the panels will generate will be channelled to charging of 12v 280ah battery bank only and nothing else. The stored energy in the battery is to be used only during the night to power minor loads and the discharge rate will still be based on what the pv will be able to put back the following day during the sun hours. There is a bigger system that work during the day.
Management course is what most of us are doing now.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by yemi2plus(m): 8:48am On Aug 01, 2023
mctfopt:

Any need to buy a solar charge controller and cable when your location don't allow solar roof installation?

Thank you for your input.

I am new to this, I actually meant to type cable and not solar cable.

Are you saying I will not need a charge controller since I am only installing the inverter with battery for now?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Edrizz(m): 9:02am On Aug 01, 2023
Since you looking at buying only inverter and battery, then charge controller is not necessary. Charge controller only comes into the picture when u want to install solar panels

yemi2plus:

Are you saying I will not need a charge controller since I am only installing the inverter with battery for now?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Edrizz(m): 9:04am On Aug 01, 2023
I base in Ibadan too senior man, I'm up for opportunities boss

yemi2plus:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:11am On Aug 01, 2023
yemi2plus:

Thank you!

Contact valto for batteries.

Call or chat me up. My num is on my signature
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Mud3x(m): 9:14am On Aug 01, 2023
Mud3x:
Good evening my ogas, I'm looking to set up a solar system( without a hybrid inverter, purely powered via the panels), I'm not sure if 48v 200ah lithium battery will be good enough but generally want a good system that can serve at least 16 hours light. I stay in the north, so it is sunny.
Fan x3 40W
Fan x2 70W
Laptop 200W
Freezer 175W
Bulb x12 15W
Water heater x1 for an hour
Charging devices- 5 mobile phones
TV - 50W
AC - 520W to 2250W averagely 1650W
Fridge - 90W

That's my estimated load, please any help with the full setup estimation with good brands, I will work with whatever setup value of money is worth it.

Good morning

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:23am On Aug 01, 2023
Israelicc:
Haba Zeestone...😂😂😂😂😂😂. What is the meaning of this na? 1000W Solar panel.🤣🤣🤣 That one go be solar shed na. But these Alaba guys can over do and they will tell you, " my brother this one just come out. Na the latest technology be this"

I saw it real. Nobody told me bro.
I have installed a 10kva Felicity. Guess what, that 10kva is a 5kva Felicity inverter that was labelled 10kva inverter.

There is also one guy me and earthrealm was trying to troubleshoot his setup. Everything was fake. His Felicity 100a charge controller was actually 80a. Those guys relabeled it to 100a.

They have upgraded from just labeling panels to labelling inverters and charge controllers.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:24am On Aug 01, 2023
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:25am On Aug 01, 2023
isangjohnson:

It also depends on what individuals want to achieve.
I decided to cut cost by going for 2 pcs of 350w Felicity panels instead of tier 1 panels. All the power the panels will generate will be channelled to charging of 12v 280ah battery bank only and nothing else. The stored energy in the battery is to be used only during the night to power minor loads and the discharge rate will still be based on what the pv will be able to put back the following day during the sun hours. There is a bigger system that work during the day.
Management course is what most of us are doing now.

You would be better off buying just one jinko 550w panel. Trust me

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 9:32am On Aug 01, 2023
zeestone99:

You would be better off buying just one jinko 550w panel. Trust me

This vendor is right.

I have 475 and 545 watt panels.

I put them on separate controllers and have been monitoring them.

Even when they are facing the same orientation, the 545 watts generates more.

Infact, I want to sell my 475 and replace everything with 545 watts and or 560 watts if I can find the later.

I wanted to post this earlier, but I better do it now.

Buy the biggest and baddest solar panels you can afford. Don't scrimp on this please.

This is from practical field observations

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oweniwe(m): 9:36am On Aug 01, 2023
yemi2plus:
Good morning everyone,
I plan to set up a 3.5KVA/24V Inverter system without solar panels for now as the tenancy agreement doesn't allow solar panel installation on the roof, .

Does the tenancy agreement also forbid something like this?

If not, just get a higher pole to keep the panels out of little children's reach. I have seen pole holding 3 panels up to roof line.

So I don't think the tenancy agreement is a problem

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1446) (1447) (1448) (1449) (1450) (1451) (1452) ... (1691) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: iabdulrazaq(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.