Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,577 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2058107 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1447) (1448) (1449) (1450) (1451) (1452) (1453) ... (1691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 10:14am On Aug 01, 2023
I have heard of this on a particular yohako inverter. I guess it's not from Felicity itself. Nah our people dey run am
zeestone99:

I saw it real. Nobody told me bro.
I have installed a 10kva Felicity. Guess what, that 10kva is a 5kva Felicity inverter that was labelled 10kva inverter.

There is also one guy me and earthrealm was trying to troubleshoot his setup. Everything was fake. His Felicity 100a charge controller was actually 80a. Those guys relabeled it to 100a.

They have upgraded from just labeling panels to labelling inverters and charge controllers.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 10:20am On Aug 01, 2023
If ure living in a 2story building or higher with limited space. Ur panels nogo see better sunlight with this design. Best is roof. He can always sign an agreement with his landlord Incase of roof damage and make payment down to let him no hes serious. Note, the payment must b refunded if rood is left intact
oweniwe:

Does the tenancy agreement also forbid something like this?

If not, just get a higher pole to keep the panels out of little children's reach. I have seen pole holding 3 panels up to roof line.

So I don't think the tenancy agreement is a problem
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by yemi2plus(m): 10:35am On Aug 01, 2023
Edrizz:
Since you looking at buying only inverter and battery, then charge controller is not necessary. Charge controller only comes into the picture when u want to install solar panels

Thank you for sharing this with me.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by yemi2plus(m): 10:39am On Aug 01, 2023
oweniwe:

Does the tenancy agreement also forbid something like this?

If not, just get a higher pole to keep the panels out of little children's reach. I have seen pole holding 3 panels up to roof line.

So I don't think the tenancy agreement is a problem

So, it doesn't. But this will obstructe free movements of vehicle in the compound.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by yemi2plus(m): 10:46am On Aug 01, 2023
Edrizz:
I base in Ibadan too senior man, I'm up for opportunities boss

Got a number?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 10:58am On Aug 01, 2023
FEGEITOK:

This vendor is right.

I have 475 and 545 watt panels.

I put them on separate controllers and have been monitoring them.

Even when they are facing the same orientation, the 545 watts generates more.

Infact, I want to sell my 475 and replace everything with 545 watts and or 560 watts if I can find the later.

I wanted to post this earlier, but I better do it now.

Buy the biggest and baddest solar panels you can afford. Don't scrimp on this please.

This is from practical field observations
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by oweniwe(m): 11:10am On Aug 01, 2023
yemi2plus:

So, it doesn't. But this will obstructe free movements of vehicle in the compound.

It won't obstruct anything. Is street light pole obstructing road?

Plant the pole by your window or door step or back yard. So far the sun shine along the place 9am-5pm, no problem

You will pass the wires from the solar panels into your house same way split AC unit pipe dey enter house
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 11:23am On Aug 01, 2023
isangjohnson:
@ TechGeek777.
Please, where can someone buy original 350w to 400w panel in Benin. Whether tier 1 or 2 will depend on price.
Thanks

The panels I have seen here are unknown brands, better buy Jinko 425w, than buying rubbish here.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 11:34am On Aug 01, 2023
Jefferyzz:
I have heard of this on a particular yohako inverter. I guess it's not from Felicity itself. Nah our people dey run am

Different things my broda. Mad people everywhere. People that like cheap things will fall victim to this capacity game.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 11:35am On Aug 01, 2023
FEGEITOK:

This vendor is right.

Infact, I want to sell my 475 and replace everything with 545 watts and or 560 watts if I can find the later.

Buy the biggest and baddest solar panels you can afford. Don't scrimp on this please.

He that has ears....
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by solareclips: 1:18pm On Aug 01, 2023
Good day all,
Please which of these set up will last longer after full charged.
24v 3kva inverter, with 4nos of 220ah battery 2s in parallel, and 48v 3kva inverter , all same loads.
Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 1:22pm On Aug 01, 2023
solareclips:
Good day all,
24v 3kva inverter, with 4nos of 220ah battery 2s in parallel, and 48v 3kva inverter , all same loads.
Thanks
48v setup
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 1:36pm On Aug 01, 2023
FEGEITOK:

This vendor is right.

some people fail to learn. in this RE world, most times u will get, what u pay for cheesy i was once a victim of 2pcs fake 400w panels. it affected the overall performance of the other 6pcs 380w panels mixed with it, until i replaced it with original Canadian solar 370w panels. now my 3760w of panels are doing wonders!
it even produced an instantaneous 4160w recently.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 2:45pm On Aug 01, 2023
Valto:
some people fail to learn. in this RE world, most times u will get, what u pay for cheesy i was once a victim of 2pcs fake 400w panels. it affected the overall performance of the other 6pcs 380w panels mixed with it, until i replaced it with original Canadian solar 370w panels. now my 3760w of panels are doing wonders!
it even produced an instantaneous 4160w recently.

Nice production, do you mind stating your battery bank, inverter and CC used for this setup?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isangjohnson: 2:57pm On Aug 01, 2023
Everybody can't afford Jinko, Ja, Canadian, Long, and Era panel. This is just the simple truth.
Whether we agree or not, there are other good tier 2 panels that the output is good, though may not be like tier 1.
I've 4.05kw Era pv and the performance has been very impressive.
This time, I just want to test Felicity pv and give the house review.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dacool1(m): 3:29pm On Aug 01, 2023
solareclips:
Good day all,
Thanks

Care to explain why
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 3:47pm On Aug 01, 2023
dollarnaira:

Abuja
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Stephendeals: 3:48pm On Aug 01, 2023
Please I need someone who can install Battery Balancer and controller on inverter battery

location is Ibadan
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jefferyzz(m): 4:17pm On Aug 01, 2023
You mean battery balancer and charge controller? Yh sure, I can do that, I'm in Ibadan too. Check my profile for my number
Stephendeals:
Please I need someone who can install Battery Balancer and controller on inverter battery

location is Ibadan
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Landmine1: 4:19pm On Aug 01, 2023
if you got a 1.5kva 24volts inverter for sale at clearance price reach out
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Buchika: 5:04pm On Aug 01, 2023
Please house, I have these 2 Lontor rechargeable fans one is 30 watts with 2 pieces 4500mah battery, the other 24 watts with 4500mah battery.
Both are used in one small shop.

My question is can I get a 50 watts solar panel and connect direct to those fans or should I use a charge controller?

If a charge controller is needed, what type or capacity is ideal?

Those fans are only used between 10 am to 5 pm
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 5:20pm On Aug 01, 2023
Buchika:
Please house, I have these 2 Lontor rechargeable fans one is 30 watts with 2 pieces 4500mah battery, the other 24 watts with 4500mah battery.
Both are used in one small shop.

My question is can I get a 50 watts solar panel and connect direct to those fans or should I use a charge controller?

If a charge controller is needed, what type or capacity is ideal?

Those fans are only used between 10 am to 5 pm

Buy a 300w inverter with 50AH battery and 100W solar panel. I think that should cover the load
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Israelicc: 5:58pm On Aug 01, 2023
Felicity have become notorious for this. It really sad and misleading.
zeestone99:

I saw it real. Nobody told me bro.
I have installed a 10kva Felicity. Guess what, that 10kva is a 5kva Felicity inverter that was labelled 10kva inverter.

There is also one guy me and earthrealm was trying to troubleshoot his setup. Everything was fake. His Felicity 100a charge controller was actually 80a. Those guys relabeled it to 100a.

They have upgraded from just labeling panels to labelling inverters and charge controllers.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Buchika: 6:06pm On Aug 01, 2023
mctfopt:

Buy a 300w inverter with 50AH battery and 100W solar panel. I think that should cover the load
thanks but my question is can one connect the solar panel direct to a charge controller and connect to the fans without an external battery and inverter
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by isnigeriadead: 6:47pm On Aug 01, 2023
Buchika:
thanks but my question is can one connect the solar panel direct to the fans without an inverter and charge controller.

Did you say your fan has batteries. if you connect solar panel directly to it what happens if your batteries are full then you risk fire disaster.

You were advised to use controller to control charging and battery. if you use controller without battery you risk burning the controller also.

PLEASE learn to do things right and enjoy your investment. Afterall you requested for advise and support.
However, i will be interested in your DIY in going ahead with you logic, it all in the seek of knowledge. for me i have paid my price in solar journey.😃😅😆
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Edrizz(m): 6:52pm On Aug 01, 2023

[Aquote author=yemi2plus post=124802242].

Got a number? [/quote]
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Edrizz(m): 6:57pm On Aug 01, 2023
If deal still open, I'mavailable in Ibadan chief

Stephendeals:

location is Ibadan
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by shithapuns: 7:34pm On Aug 01, 2023
brightk:
Abeg for us wen nor get money 4 tier 1 panels wat is d way forward..

YINGLI panel is decent...if you cant afford tier...but e no too cheap again o
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by shithapuns: 7:37pm On Aug 01, 2023
isangjohnson:

It also depends on what individuals want to achieve.
I decided to cut cost by going for 2 pcs of 350w Felicity panels instead of tier 1 panels. All the power the panels will generate will be channelled to charging of 12v 280ah battery bank only and nothing else. The stored energy in the battery is to be used only during the night to power minor loads and the discharge rate will still be based on what the pv will be able to put back the following day during the sun hours. There is a bigger system that work during the day.
Management course is what most of us are doing now.

you are making a mistake, we all walked down this path 3 or 4 yrs ago..........
but since you have refused to learn from the mistakes of other...but instead choose to make your own, so as to learn from it...carry on bro grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 8:01pm On Aug 01, 2023
FEGEITOK:

Abuja

Not fair to me.
Lagos.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Namzy(m): 8:22pm On Aug 01, 2023
shithapuns:

you are making a mistake, we all walked down this path 3 or 4 yrs ago..........
but since you have refused to learn from the mistakes of other...but instead choose to make your own, so as to learn from it...carry on bro grin

So far the panels are true 350w felicitysolar, how is he making a mistake? Or how many of us are using "tier 1" inverters? The only problem I am seeing is if the the panels are wrongly labelled
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 9:07pm On Aug 01, 2023
dollarnaira:

Not fair to me.
Lagos.

Sorry brother.

Bought them from Lagos though.

Hope you can find someone closer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1447) (1448) (1449) (1450) (1451) (1452) (1453) ... (1691) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: HeavenlyBang(m), cybaj09, drizzit(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.